Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitbit

Read 4043 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Fitbit
      Jan 24, 2018 01:10:55 pm
      Missus got one for Christmas and then I saw an offer the other day on the Charge 2 so decided to get one.  Only because I thought she was taking the piss with how many steps etc she thinks she was doing.

Pretty obsessed with it but it's only been a couple of days.  Anyone else got one? Made a difference to your life?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Fitbit
      Reply #1: Jan 24, 2018 01:20:34 pm
      Missus got one for Christmas and then I saw an offer the other day on the Charge 2 so decided to get one.  Only because I thought she was taking the piss with how many steps etc she thinks she was doing.

Pretty obsessed with it but it's only been a couple of days.  Anyone else got one? Made a difference to your life?

Had one for awhile a few years back, but was when I was farming and it ended up getting banged up a bit and I stopped with it.

Saying that, loved the sleep monitoring as I genuinely started noticing the differences in my sleep and how they affected my days. Big believer in working out what sleep works for you and making sure you get it, so that was cool. The steps thing is a cool novelty, my iPhone is in my pocket almost all the time with work so I use the health monitor on that to check my steps these days and though it's not a massive difference to life, if I have a few too many days where I lack in activity it does make me think F**k it, lets go for a walk or something.

I think they're one of those things that no one actually needs, but if it helps focus you on goals then get on them. Even just the act of wearing them seems to just make people get their asses into gear a bit more, so that's a good thing in itself. Do whatever works for ya. Some of their watches are pretty nice now as well, so they're certainly more than a simple fitness band.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2: Jan 25, 2018 07:18:22 am
      Was 16 stone, got one, now at 12 and half stone.... more to do with just wanting to beat friends and family on the step competitions  :lmao:

If you’re going to use it in connection with a calorie counting app though I’d avoid! It gives you way more calories burnt than you really do.... calories from your phone step counter will be much more precise.

But yeah if it’s just to use to encourage you to move more they certainly work, and if you get one that incorporates text messages etc it can be useful for other stuff.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Jan 25, 2018 05:04:38 pm
      Was 16 stone, got one, now at 12 and half stone....

I'd say that was a ringing endorsement then!  I'd take some of that action!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4: Feb 09, 2018 12:01:29 pm

I've got 2, a Charge and a Blaze.

The Charge was my original, and still use for work, Blaze was an upgrade, use this one most of the time, as I can go running with it, and it utilises the GPS in the phone.

Has it made a difference, I guess yes, shows how little I do on my days off and makes me do stuff.

Plus the work days, around 9-10k, which when you consider the objects I deal with are stationary, (patients), is quite a distance.

Syncing can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

Quick Reply