Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Premier League] Sat 24th Aug @ 5:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 24th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W10 D5 L6

UEFA Nations League

Read 9842 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,829 posts | 2420 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: UEFA Nations League
      Reply #125: Jun 06, 2019 10:25:05 pm
      Hahahaha :D
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,091 posts | 538 
      Reply #126: Jun 06, 2019 10:26:15 pm
      Just stopped by for a laugh...  :lmao: :lmao:

Pathetic bunch with a useless Manager.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,478 posts | 1872 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #127: Jun 06, 2019 10:30:51 pm
      How funny were the last 2 dutch goals ?
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 77 
      Reply #128: Jun 06, 2019 10:43:05 pm
      Delph and Barkley in midfield, stones and Mr potato head at the back, rest of the football world must be quaking in their boots. Lol
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,162 posts | 1985 
      Reply #129: Jun 06, 2019 10:58:05 pm
      This England team were very fortunate to reach the semi final of World Cup, as soon as they meet a decent side they collapse.
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 763 posts | 47 
      Reply #130: Jun 06, 2019 11:24:58 pm
      Depay has been blowing hot and cold his entire career, hope we do not go for him this summer
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,478 posts | 1872 
      Reply #131: Jun 06, 2019 11:56:14 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #132: Jun 07, 2019 09:25:28 am
      Southgate not so new and shiney now is he and if picks team like that he isn't going to be the media darling for much longer. So want Virgil to lift this now with Gini....oh and Ryan Babel.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #133: Jun 07, 2019 09:26:40 am
      How funny were the last 2 dutch goals ?

very satisfying mate comedy gold. Stones £50 mil McGuire £80mil Joe Gomez about £3mil.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,478 posts | 1872 
      Reply #134: Jun 07, 2019 12:19:37 pm
      Trying to get harry maguire to play out from the back is like trying to teach an elephant how to ski
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,786 posts | 66 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #135: Jun 07, 2019 02:58:08 pm
      It is good to see the Dutch back on track after a few years in the dark, it seem as Belgium got better the Dutch just fell off. Hard to believe for them they have not qualified for the last two major competitions though with the Ajax group coming up and the coming out for VvD it looks like they are back on the right track though oddly enough attack is their weakest point which was something you wouldn't associate with the dutch.

As for England you could see why Pep has not played Stone's in a while, had a mare of a game out there. I found it odd (though kinda thankful for Hendo or TAA) that he did not start any of the UCL final players because the dutch didn't have any issue starting VvD or Gini who looked decent out there. I am looking forward to see what England can do going forward, the trio of Sterling-Kane-Sancho is a exciting prospect. Mid-field combination is the question mark going forward as they lack a whole lot of options and Southgate has not found the right mix.

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,162 posts | 1985 
      Reply #136: Jun 07, 2019 07:07:40 pm
      It is good to see the Dutch back on track after a few years in the dark, it seem as Belgium got better the Dutch just fell off. Hard to believe for them they have not qualified for the last two major competitions though with the Ajax group coming up and the coming out for VvD it looks like they are back on the right track though oddly enough attack is their weakest point which was something you wouldn't associate with the dutch.

As for England you could see why Pep has not played Stone's in a while, had a mare of a game out there. I found it odd (though kinda thankful for Hendo or TAA) that he did not start any of the UCL final players because the dutch didn't have any issue starting VvD or Gini who looked decent out there. I am looking forward to see what England can do going forward, the trio of Sterling-Kane-Sancho is a exciting prospect. Mid-field combination is the question mark going forward as they lack a whole lot of options and Southgate has not found the right mix.

England's midfield and defence are quite weak, plus iffy goalkeeper. They are no where near as good as some think.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #137: Jun 07, 2019 09:04:51 pm
      Big problems getting in with turnstiles not working properly and hundreds of fans crushing to get in led to Turnstiles being opened to stop the crush.....no lesson learned , Later massive crowds held up trying to get a train UEFA are just major shits when it comes to looking after the supporters its all about the money and the Corporate sponsors .
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #138: Jun 09, 2019 11:03:19 am
      What a week for our Boys.... Henderson picking up the European Cup. Andy Robbo scored a screamer last night whilst Captaining Scotland for Steve Clarkes first win and tonight Virgil and Gini are going to destroy Portugal to win the Nation cup .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,478 posts | 1872 
      Reply #139: Jun 09, 2019 11:10:35 am
      What a week for our Boys.... Henderson picking up the European Cup. Andy Robbo scored a screamer last night whilst Captaining Scotland for Steve Clarkes first win and tonight Virgil and Gini are going to destroy Portugal to win the Nation cup .

Hopefully alisson, bobby, sadio, mo and maybe naby survive the summer exertions.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1989 
      Reply #140: Jun 09, 2019 01:22:19 pm
      Think I will watch Thiem destroy Nadal instead of a nothing match!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #141: Jun 09, 2019 02:55:36 pm
      Trent putting is some stunning crosses but the muppets cant score from them. Listening to Tyler and Ratboy they are so f***in ignorant of today's modern game. Apparently the mistakes by England players had nothing to do with them being sh*te but because the midfield didn't give them a passing opportunity .You could have had 10 midfield players in range and they still would have fu**ed up
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #142: Jun 09, 2019 04:26:49 pm
      think my paint is dry now so I will check how England got on.....extra time being played back to watching the paint dry then
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,478 posts | 1872 
      Reply #143: Jun 09, 2019 05:02:59 pm
      Extra time in a 3rd and 4th place.play off. Holiday time.for trent, gomez, shaqiri and hendo
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,829 posts | 2420 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #144: Jun 09, 2019 05:38:10 pm
      3rd place! When is Sir Gareth getting his knighthood?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,685 posts | 5050 
      • YNWA
      Reply #145: Jun 09, 2019 05:47:42 pm

The parade is on and Trafalgar Square is being prepared as we speak!

Now for the most pointless sentence to have ever been uttered in the history of the English language.

'Congratulations to England for achieving third place in the Nations League.'
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #146: Jun 09, 2019 05:48:03 pm

straight to the Lords mate .
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,091 posts | 538 
      Reply #147: Jun 09, 2019 06:15:28 pm
      What's this nonsense with BBC reporting it as the biggest success for England in a major tournament since way back when..

This a major tournament? It's a joke. A mini 'Charity Shield tournament' that we lost out on, and managed to scrape 3rd place out of 4 teams in the loser game - if that even. Perhaps Charity Shield is even more significant.

Glad to see Trent getting the plaudits though, and Gomez seemingly did well too. I don't mind the international friendly, but the pretence that this was something more than that is just silly. As for Southgate, what a joke he is. Get's everything wrong. Fails at every turn, and yet he's the greatest... yadda yadda.  :roll:
      jimbo1962
      • Forum John Toshack

• 248 posts | 37 
      Reply #148: Jun 09, 2019 08:26:05 pm
      Something made me think that c**t Silva was Spanish. Cmon the Dutch
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1989 
      Reply #149: Jun 09, 2019 08:32:23 pm
      I tell you what, B.Fernandes looks impressive playing in the middle, and VVD has been a monster yet again.

Quick Reply