Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Premier League] Sat 24th Aug @ 5:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 24th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W10 D5 L6

UEFA Nations League

Read 9843 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1989 
      Re: UEFA Nations League
      Reply #150: Jun 09, 2019 09:38:52 pm
      The Dutch just like that special attacking player and a decent GK. Such a shame they didn't win :(
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 763 posts | 47 
      Reply #151: Jun 09, 2019 10:18:12 pm
      get the fvk in good win for Portugal
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #152: Jun 10, 2019 12:35:00 pm
      If the FA want to know why so many people are turned off by the England Football team here is one reason.
      The headline on the BBC "Pickford the Hero in England shootout win".
      Now this week we have been celebrating Heroes from 75 years ago many of whom died in defence of this Country I don't think third place playoff Penalty shoot out win is on the same level of heroism as men being mowed down by enemy Machine Guns. Its a Carabo Cup version from UEFA and third place even first place isn't really much of an achievement. The FA and England need to show a bit of class and dignity exactly the two qualities I have seen the old boys demonstrate many times this week.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,786 posts | 66 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #153: Jun 10, 2019 02:45:50 pm
      England's midfield and defence are quite weak, plus iffy goalkeeper. They are no where near as good as some think.

I think on their day with the group of defender they have and they are on form can be pretty good, I just think the mid-field or lack of just puts more pressure on the back-line because they have to defend more and hurts the attack because they do not create as much.

verde-rubro
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 763 posts | 47 
      Reply #154: Jun 11, 2019 11:10:42 pm

Quick Reply