Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 2-3 West Brom

Read 29713 times
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Re: Liverpool 2-3 West Brom
      Reply #736: Jan 28, 2018 03:06:32 pm
      Got to laugh Milner got slated a few games back for the way he took a penalty {and scored] yet colgate missed one yesterday and f@ck all said
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #737: Jan 28, 2018 03:09:19 pm
      Got to laugh Milner got slated a few games back for the way he took a penalty {and scored] yet colgate missed one yesterday and f@ck all said

Chill lad, I think we've got more problems at the moment than who can slot a pen.

Milner, Firmino and Salah have all missed pens this season.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #738: Jan 28, 2018 03:09:30 pm
      Think the point people are trying to make is that without that var bullshit, last night would of been a bit more embarrassing.
      I get that mate but it is what it is. I can understand people going on about the first disallowed goal but the second one didn’t have anything to do with var, just that the guy headed it in after the whistle had went.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #739: Jan 28, 2018 03:12:42 pm
      I believe that was one poster going on about the Milner penalty, wasn’t exactly a general consensus. Dont think anyone deserves a slating for stepping up to take a penalty and missing it.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #740: Jan 28, 2018 04:49:23 pm
      Klopp: I think Lfc fans should now realise he is not capable of building and strong enough team, surely any one with a clue starts by building the spine of the team, GK, centre backs, central midfield, and forwards! We have barely one of those qualities.
      Klopps tactics too too often lead to us getting found out and beaten, last nights result is not a fluke, its keeps happening.

F***ing bilge.
      Can probably name the brain-free squeaky f**king wheels that liked it too.

Don't think anyone's happy with the last two results.
      Maybe you'd have been more upbeat if posting after the City match?

He's improved the side. But though he has some money to spend, we don't have the money of some of the other clubs - so he has to cut his cloth to fit.

Can't see into the future, can only go on progress so far - but we're back in the last 16 of the CL, and in the top4. No doubt there is plenty of work still to do - but unlike you, think the vast MATORITY of fans are still behind the manager.
      Retrored
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #741: Jan 28, 2018 05:18:47 pm
      F***ing bilge.
      Can probably name the brain-free squeaky f**king wheels that liked it too.

Don't think anyone's happy with the last two results.
      Maybe you'd have been more upbeat if posting after the City match?

He's improved the side. But though he has some money to spend, we don't have the money of some of the other clubs - so he has to cut his cloth to fit.

Can't see into the future, can only go on progress so far - but we're back in the last 16 of the CL, and in the top4. No doubt there is plenty of work still to do - but unlike you, think the vast MATORITY of fans are still behind the manager.
      F**k off dick head
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #742: Jan 28, 2018 05:47:04 pm

Oh, and welcome to the forum ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #743: Jan 28, 2018 07:37:55 pm
      Morning all, first time poster on here.

I want to make several points.

Firstly Klopp. He has been manager for over 2 1/2yrs and he has failed to address the keeper situation, mignolet is beyond a joke, karius looks looks like a frightened rabbit, only Ward looks any where near a potentially decent keeper. Klopp's failings to address this is disgraceful.

The defense: there are only two defenders who could call them selves that, Robertson and Virgil, players like klavan, lovren, Matip, and moreno are a disgrace to the shirt!

The midfield: Pah! Not one of them are good enough, none of our top four rivals would have any of our midfielders.

Forwards: firmino is a very good false number 9, but sadly thats about it, sadly Ings is no where near good enough, sturridge is brittle ( but the most talented and natural finisher we have) and solanke needs to go on loan, so naive and raw, wont develop stuck on the bench.

Wingers: Salah is the only shinning light! What a signing. Mane well he looks like he needs to come out the team but we have no better options sadly.

Klopp: I think Lfc fans should now realise he is not capable of building and strong enough team, surely any one with a clue starts by building the spine of the team, GK, centre backs, central midfield, and forwards! We have barely one of those qualities.
      Klopps tactics too too often lead to us getting found out and beaten, last nights result is not a fluke, its keeps happening.
      So unless last night serves as a wake up call to Klopp and he realises he needs to have a mass clear out and sign players good enough and take a look at his tactics then sadly players like coutinho may sign but will soon leave, ( Salah) and LFC will just just drift along flattering to deceive 😡😡😡😡😡😔😔

No spine ...  in more ways than one.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #744: Jan 28, 2018 08:17:09 pm
      Quote from RJ1986
      For god sake why not give a chance to Ward ? If your number 1 and 2 are going to perform like they are doing now why not try him. It cant be any worse than this.

Bundes Liga != English Football. As simple as that. Every single team here fights till death and if you don't have brains to tackle it, please walk away

Ward got his chance in the League Cup. That competition lasted one game. He also got another chance at Swansea two years ago. We lost, and he was sent out on loan.

Klopp knows Migs isn't good enough. He tried to fix it and bring his own man in. Unfortunately when they make mistakes, the ball usually is in the net, they get criticised, he gets criticised, and the calls to get another new keeper start all over again.

I've seen plenty of other keepers make mistakes this season. We saw Ederson show why Brazilians don't want to be goalkeepers two weeks ago. They're not perfect and they make mistakes, but you can't keep signing new goalkeepers after every mistake. Life just doesn't work like that. Sometimes we just have to work with what we have, and make the best we can of it.

Every team fights for a while in this league. Once you put the game beyond the Huddersfields and the Southamptons and the Swanseas, they stop playing.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #745: Jan 28, 2018 09:51:59 pm
      What I keep asking myself is ;
      Who, out of our midfield would any of the top six teams in the Prem, buy off us in a heart beat?
      None of them is the answer.
      Milner,Henderson,Wijnaldum,Chamberlain,Can,Lallana(maybe)..That's it! we don't have anymore, the others are all loaned out.

For me personally I blame Can for both the Swansea defeat and last nights comedy act.
      How the f**k he's been getting the armband is truly beyond me !
      He's playing in the centre of midfield for Liverpool Football Club FFS! He should be our powerhouse, our playmaker, slotting the balls through for the front three,screaming at his team mates to move and get into shape, tracking back and crunching the tackles in....and what does Can do?
      He f***in ballet dances around, piss arsing about playing square lazy passes across the park from the Kemlyn rd to the Paddock all night long.He spends more time on his arse arguing with the referee.
      and what makes matters worse, his opposite number last night, none other than 37 year old Gareth f***in Barry played him off the park until his knees went after 70 minutes.
      Can has scored one goal this season in 19 appearances which for a player in that position at this club is piss f***in poor in my eyes.

Oh and Matip looks more and more like a baby f***in giraffe when he strides forward.

:mad:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #746: Jan 28, 2018 10:46:23 pm
      What I keep asking myself is ;
      Who, out of our midfield would any of the top six teams in the Prem, buy off us in a heart beat?
      None of them is the answer.
      Milner,Henderson,Wijnaldum,Chamberlain,Can,Lallana(maybe)..That's it! we don't have anymore, the others are all loaned out.

For me personally I blame Can for both the Swansea defeat and last nights comedy act.
      How the f**k he's been getting the armband is truly beyond me !
      He's playing in the centre of midfield for Liverpool Football Club FFS! He should be our powerhouse, our playmaker, slotting the balls through for the front three,screaming at his team mates to move and get into shape, tracking back and crunching the tackles in....and what does Can do?
      He f***in ballet dances around, piss arsing about playing square lazy passes across the park from the Kemlyn rd to the Paddock all night long.He spends more time on his arse arguing with the referee.
      and what makes matters worse, his opposite number last night, none other than 37 year old Gareth f***in Barry played him off the park until his knees went after 70 minutes.
      Can has scored one goal this season in 19 appearances which for a player in that position at this club is piss f***in poor in my eyes.

Oh and Matip looks more and more like a baby f***in giraffe when he strides forward.

:mad:

Oddly enough Can is and has been linked to City for a little while now.

Agree with the Matip observation.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #747: Jan 28, 2018 10:51:33 pm
      That was a poor performance, but that back six (I'd like to include Can) was a bit of a recipe for disaster.

Trent hadn't started a game for up to a month
      Moreno hadn't started a game in almost two months
      Van Dijk had his 3rd game in a red shirt
      Mignolet was told he isn't first choice anymore a week ago
      Matip who hasn't been playing very well

Put Can in front of that back five and you know you're in trouble.

What we see for almost all of the goals again, is a chainreaction of errors. We don't seem to have that one calming influence who can stop attacks dead in their track, by making a silly foul or adjusting position or whatever. We're like a house of cards, one card falls, the rest come down with it.

First goal:

- Matip had no business heading that straight up the field with Wijnaldum clearly being covered and facing his own goal. Poor decision making. You either bring it down or you head that ball out wide and either start your build up play or allow your team to regain its shape.
      - Wijnaldum loses possession too easily, poor ball by Matip, but he should do better, you can't lose possession in that area of the pitch
      - Trent with a half arsed challenge
      - Can in no man's land not tracking Rodriguez

Second goal:

- Can presses and gets beaten, far, far too easily leaving a massive hole in midfield
      - Chamberlain sees it, moves inside, but doesn't pick up Rodriguez
      - Wijnaldum either doesn't communicate well enough or should pick up Rodriguez himself
      - Trent with a relatively poor effort to block the cross
      - None of our CB's in a position to actually deal with the cross

Again, a chainreaction of errors. Klopp was rightly fuming after the game. Unforgivable mistakes. We concede so many goals because our midfielders just don't track the midfield runners, Can being the worst culprit, he just does not do it, it's infuriating. We've conceded so many goals because he just doesn't follow up.

Third goal:

Look at that back line

Absolute shambles. Who is leading that line? Matip too slow getting in line and has no clue about the West-Brom player to his left, Trent too slow getting in line, Can / Wijnaldum have no clue about Dawson either. Matip obviously scared to score the own goal but F**k me, what a poor attempt at a clearance.

Overall just silly, silly mistakes and all of them proved to be costly.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #748: Jan 28, 2018 11:37:21 pm
      Oddly enough Can is and has been linked to City for a little while now.

They're welcome to him.Hope he F***ing destroys their midfield as well.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #749: Jan 28, 2018 11:56:19 pm

Firstly Klopp. He has been manager for over 2 1/2yrs and he has failed to address the keeper situation, mignolet is beyond a joke, karius looks looks like a frightened rabbit, only Ward looks any where near a potentially decent keeper. Klopp's failings to address this is disgraceful.

The defense: there are only two defenders who could call them selves that, Robertson and Virgil, players like klavan, lovren, Matip, and moreno are a disgrace to the shirt!

The midfield: Pah! Not one of them are good enough, none of our top four rivals would have any of our midfielders.

Forwards: firmino is a very good false number 9, but sadly thats about it, sadly Ings is no where near good enough, sturridge is brittle ( but the most talented and natural finisher we have) and solanke needs to go on loan, so naive and raw, wont develop stuck on the bench.

Wingers: Salah is the only shinning light! What a signing. Mane well he looks like he needs to come out the team but we have no better options sadly.

So unless last night serves as a wake up call to Klopp and he realises he needs to have a mass clear out and sign players good enough and take a look at his tactics then sadly players like coutinho may sign but will soon leave, ( Salah) and LFC will just just drift along flattering to deceive 😡😡😡😡😡😔😔

Notice a sudden wave of "first-time posters" starting out by crying bloody murder and the sky is falling. Judging by the 6 reps to this post, I'm thinking there are about 6 of "them."

Do I need to ignore all of these or will they disappear shortly as usual.

There's enough hysteria to wade through on here without having to deal with pretend hysteria.  :roll:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #750: Jan 28, 2018 11:58:40 pm
      Right you are,  it was only the 3 conceded at home against the high flying West Brom!

But his point is spot on. It was a poor performance and an awful result, but this five goal thing is a false narrative. If people are confident in their gloom and doom argument about the team/manager/etc., there's no need to embellish the details.

Hoping for a quick turnaround from two miserable results.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #751: Jan 29, 2018 12:03:53 am

To quote FL Red (who was quoting Ice Cube): "Bye Felicia."
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #752: Jan 29, 2018 12:08:54 am
      That was a poor performance, but that back six (I'd like to include Can) was a bit of a recipe for disaster.

Put Can in front of that back five and you know you're in trouble.

What we see for almost all of the goals again, is a chainreaction of errors. We don't seem to have that one calming influence who can stop attacks dead in their track, by making a silly foul or adjusting position or whatever. We're like a house of cards, one card falls, the rest come down with it.

First goal:

- Matip had no business heading that straight up the field with Wijnaldum clearly being covered and facing his own goal. Poor decision making. You either bring it down or you head that ball out wide and either start your build up play or allow your team to regain its shape.
      - Wijnaldum loses possession too easily, poor ball by Matip, but he should do better, you can't lose possession in that area of the pitch
      - Trent with a half arsed challenge
      - Can in no man's land not tracking Rodriguez

Second goal:

- Can presses and gets beaten, far, far too easily leaving a massive hole in midfield
      - Chamberlain sees it, moves inside, but doesn't pick up Rodriguez
      - Wijnaldum either doesn't communicate well enough or should pick up Rodriguez himself
      - Trent with a relatively poor effort to block the cross
      - None of our CB's in a position to actually deal with the cross

Again, a chainreaction of errors. Klopp was rightly fuming after the game. Unforgivable mistakes. We concede so many goals because our midfielders just don't track the midfield runners, Can being the worst culprit, he just does not do it, it's infuriating. We've conceded so many goals because he just doesn't follow up.

Third goal:

Look at that back line

Absolute shambles. Who is leading that line? Matip too slow getting in line and has no clue about the West-Brom player to his left, Trent too slow getting in line, Can / Wijnaldum have no clue about Dawson either. Matip obviously scared to score the own goal but f**k me, what a poor attempt at a clearance.

Overall just silly, silly mistakes and all of them proved to be costly.

Good breakdown - but I think the one player who could have stepped up and prevented all three is Can.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #753: Jan 29, 2018 12:09:34 am

Glad I wasn't the only one who picked up on that. Of course it's a factor.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #754: Jan 29, 2018 12:20:24 am
      Notice a sudden wave of "first-time posters" starting out by crying bloody murder and the sky is falling. Judging by the 6 reps to this post, I'm thinking there are about 6 of "them."

Do I need to ignore all of these or will they disappear shortly as usual.

There's enough hysteria to wade through on here without having to deal with pretend hysteria.  :roll:

Especially when there is a poster on another forum with the same name, who talk's a lot more sense than that drivel posted!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #755: Jan 29, 2018 12:24:00 am
      Especially when there is a poster on another forum with the same name, who talk's a lot more sense than that drivel posted!!

Serious? On RAWK?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #756: Jan 29, 2018 12:29:57 am

Nope RAOTL, it's a long, long time since I've ever ventured into RAWk.

I honestly can't stand that site.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #757: Jan 29, 2018 01:16:14 am

6 thumbs up? Like a swarm of flies to a mound of sh*t.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #758: Jan 29, 2018 01:21:05 am
      Nope RAOTL, it's a long, long time since I've ever ventured into RAWk.

I honestly can't stand that site.

The level of control freakery on that site by the moderators is astonishing, making North Korea look positively liberal in it's approach to free speech. It seems that every second thread has been locked with some pithy explanation by someone undoubtedly suffering from a catastrophic case of penis envy.

It really is an awful forum.

Quick Reply