Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 126837 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #115: Apr 25, 2018 02:24:54 pm
      Too many key mistakes rather. Imagine if Migs had made those mistakes....

What mistakes?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #116: Apr 25, 2018 02:31:20 pm

Top of  my head, Crystal Palace match, Man City away, Roma home, and whilst not key mistakes, did not look very assured vs West Brom despite a good save.

I get it, he is young, has potential, and it could go 50/50 for him, he could turn into a Migs or a De Gea, but for now, I am still on the fence, and whilst I am on the fence, I would like us to sign a stronger and more establish keeper.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #117: Apr 25, 2018 02:35:34 pm
      Top of  my head, Crystal Palace match, Man City away, Roma home, and whilst not key mistakes, did not look very assured vs West Brom despite a good save.

I get it, he is young, has potential, and it could go 50/50 for him, he could turn into a Migs or a De Gea, but for now, I am still on the fence, and whilst I am on the fence, I would like us to sign a stronger and more establish keeper.

Jeez you’re fishing......

Had to come vs Palace - fault was between Trent and cb all day long;

City was a poor choice but a bigger error by VvD;

Last night he touched a viscous Kolarov drive into the bar despite misjudging it.

I don’t know if he is THE answer but unlike MIGS I do know he isn’t THE problem......
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2018 03:55:10 pm by Scotia »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #118: Apr 25, 2018 02:38:51 pm

How am I? Do explain.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #119: Apr 25, 2018 02:45:22 pm

I have :)

I think you’re being unnecessarily harsh - there’s no comparison with Migs.

We might debate some things but he’s not costing us goals and games regularly.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #120: Apr 25, 2018 02:52:34 pm
      Didn't watch the whole game but I think he was ok for the bits I saw, he had a good save before Salah's first goal. I haven't seen much of him but don't think any keeper in the world would have saved any of those 5 goals.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #121: Apr 25, 2018 02:57:17 pm

Holy nitpicking batman!

Speaking of De Gea, he has been beaten on softer goals this year than Karius has, in addition to that mistake where he misjudged the ball and flapped it into his own net from a close-range soft header instead of tipping it over the bar. Imagine if Karius fu**ed that one up, ;D. People expect Karius (or any of our players) to be robots with a perfect output, or we over analyze every move they make to try to find fault.

Truthfully, it is pathetic. Since taking over the #1 spot Karius has been absolutely terrific, making great saves, being aggressive on crosses, playing a key sweeping role allowing our defense to push higher knowing a long ball over their heads can be swept away by Karius, as well as fast distribution. He's been the complete package knowing no one is perfect so to come out and find sh*t to complain is embarrassing.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #122: Apr 25, 2018 02:57:55 pm

Had to come vs Palace - fault was between Trent and fb all day long;

City was a poor choice but a bigger error by VvD;

Last night he touched a viscous Kolarov drive into the bar despite misjudging it.

I don’t know if he is THE answer but unlike MIGS I do know he isn’t THE problem......

Flying out and missing the ball taking Zaha out,

VVD didn't want the ball, and yes, poor choice, but also the punch that lead to that "offside" goal,

Mis-judging it could have led to a goal, and also, would a stronger keeper have saved Dzeko's goal? I know people would be slating Migs for letting in a near post goal in.

I'm seeing these mistakes slowly creeping in, and I am getting slightly concerned.

I think you’re being unnecessarily harsh - there’s no comparison with Migs.

We might debate some things but he’s not costing us goals and games regularly.

Well, you don't see them as key mistakes that lead to key chances, so I can understand where you are coming from, but I am seeing these little mistakes which gives me a hint of doubt. Just expect more assurance and better goalkeeping from a player that has been playing since the turn of the year.

Maybe I am being harsh, and no doubt he is progressing, but if he carries on making mistakes, we could see another Migs situation.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #123: Apr 25, 2018 02:59:47 pm

VVD didn't want the ball, and yes, poor choice, but also the punch that lead to that "offside" goal,

Mis-judging it could have led to a goal, and also, would a stronger keeper have saved Dzeko's goal? I know people would be slating Migs for letting in a near post goal in.

I'm seeing these mistakes slowly creeping in, and I am getting slightly concerned.

Well, you don't see them as key mistakes that lead to key chances, so I can understand where you are coming from, but I am seeing these little mistakes which gives me a hint of doubt. Just expect more assurance and better goalkeeping from a player that has been playing since the turn of the year.

Maybe I am being harsh, and no doubt he is progressing, but if he carries on making mistakes, we could see another Migs situation.

You are misjudging the plays and you are being harsh......but we all have our bad points ;)
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #124: Apr 25, 2018 03:07:37 pm

No need to go into the ridiculous. Dzeko was by himself just outside the goal area with an entire net to shoot to. Karius made the right move by trying to make himself as big as possible. Becker would have just laid down the way he did on Mo's goal.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #125: Apr 25, 2018 03:08:26 pm
      You are misjudging the plays and you are being harsh......but we all have our bad points ;)

Nah, not misjudging, different opinions. I am sure a lot of professionals, ex and normal people see it my way, and I'm sure others see it from your perspective, doesn't mean you or I am right, just different opinions.
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #126: Apr 25, 2018 03:12:27 pm
      All by himself, and yet we find fault in Karius, ;D. FFS.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #127: Apr 25, 2018 03:20:01 pm
      All by himself, and yet we find fault in Karius, ;D. FFS.

Rather than saying there was nothing he could have done, ask yourself this, would a more experience/established/better keeper have covered the near post more?

I keep asking myself, these mistakes he is making, would a better keeper have avoided them? I think the mistakes he has made are avoidable, therefore I feel we could improve on him, but then, he has potential as he has shown, so I still see it as a gamble sticking with him as it could be 50/50.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #128: Apr 25, 2018 03:26:31 pm
      Nah, not misjudging, different opinions. I am sure a lot of professionals, ex and normal people see it my way, and I'm sure others see it from your perspective, doesn't mean you or I am right, just different opinions.

You’re not convinced mate - I get it.

Truth be told, neither am and I do think we could maybe improve.

BUT - what I really don’t agree with is the notion that he’s made loads errors etc and is a risk.

That’s just not true, not at the moment - he isn’t hurting us like Migs did AT ALL in fact he’s saved us plenty.

That’s said - sometimes you just get a bad feeling and this maybe yours so bob on.......
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #129: Apr 25, 2018 03:26:46 pm
      again, point me to a keeper who never makes mistakes and is perfect in every occasion.......

and if he had covered the near post more, you'd be the type to say he left the entire left side open for an open net. What more do you expect a goalie, ANY goalie, to do with a player outside the goal area and no defender in sight?

What you are doing is nitpicking BS on a goalie who has performed admirably since he has regained the #1 job and is one of the reasons (alongside VVD / Robbo, etc) this team has played so well since the turn of the year and is on the verge of a CL final.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #130: Apr 25, 2018 03:27:06 pm
      Rather than saying there was nothing he could have done, ask yourself this, would a more experience/established/better keeper have covered the near post more?

I keep asking myself, these mistakes he is making, would a better keeper have avoided them? I think the mistakes he has made are avoidable, therefore I feel we could improve on him, but then, he has potential as he has shown, so I still see it as a gamble sticking with him as it could be 50/50.

I think you are being harsh mate Hugo Loris seems to make a mistake every other week yet is rated as one of the best in the league.

The Chelsea keeper has made plenty of mistakes this season yet is seen as one of the best.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,234 posts | 8572 
      Reply #131: Apr 25, 2018 03:28:13 pm
      Didn't see anything last night to convince me into paying something like £60 million to replace Karius with Allison.

I'd stick with the German, personally!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #132: Apr 25, 2018 03:30:53 pm
      Didn't see anything last night to convince me into paying something like £60 million to replace Karius with Allison.

Exactly my point mate - as I said before I’ve no idea if Lorus is the long term answer but I know he isn’t the immediate problem.......we don’t have one, just bits and bobs we could improve ;)
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #133: Apr 25, 2018 03:36:08 pm

Exactly. Karius has been part of the solution and not a problem so no need to overpay for someone else who was as unconvincing as Allison was last night. Much rather use those funds on other players.

Ederson was everyone's darling, and yet he was a big reason we won 3 games against City this season / year with just awful performances, but Karius stepped on the wrong blade of grass so we must bring it up as a reason why we need to get a new goalie......
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #134: Apr 25, 2018 03:39:50 pm
      BUT - what I really don’t agree with is the notion that he’s made loads errors etc and is a risk.

That’s just not true, not at the moment - he isn’t hurting us like Migs did AT ALL in fact he’s saved us plenty.

Not loads, but they are slowly creeping in, and I am worried.

I think you are being harsh mate Hugo Loris seems to make a mistake every other week yet is rated as one of the best in the league.

The Chelsea keeper has made plenty of mistakes this season yet is seen as one of the best.

Maybe I am harsh, just worried we could be stuck with another Migs (a keeper prone to errors) for a season.

Exactly my point mate - as I said before I’ve no idea if Lorus is the long term answer but I know he isn’t the immediate problem.......we don’t have one, just bits and bobs we could improve ;)

He is not the problem for sure, but I feel we, at this moment could improve on him. The real problem is no doubt Lovren though :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #135: Apr 25, 2018 03:46:39 pm

The way you guys are slating Alisson you just know that he will be immense next Wednesday and shut us out, lets instead start saying that he is the best keeper ever and jinx him :-)

For the record I do think that he would be an improvement on what we have and you really can't judge a keeper on the game yesterday, the defence which was supposed to be protecting him was like Swiss bloody cheese and overall I think he looked assured and confident and I can remember quite a few good saves he made and crosses plucked confidently out of the air, in fact almost every single cross was handled with confidence. The goals we scored were all good goals and I can't pin a single one on him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #136: Apr 25, 2018 03:54:17 pm
      The way you guys are slating Alisson you just know that he will be immense next Wednesday and shut us out, lets instead start saying that he is the best keeper ever and jinx him :-)

For the record I do think that he would be an improvement on what we have and you really can't judge a keeper on the game yesterday, the defence which was supposed to be protecting him was like Swiss bloody cheese and overall I think he looked assured and confident and I can remember quite a few good saves he made and crosses plucked confidently out of the air, in fact almost every single cross was handled with confidence. The goals we scored were all good goals and I can't pin a single one on him.

That i s a sign of a damn good keeper, and he has been doing it all season too, hence why he is being considered one of the best and keeping Ederson out of the national team.
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #137: Apr 25, 2018 03:55:57 pm

That is being way too kind. He laid down like he was posing at the beach for Mo's 2nd, making it an easy chip into goal. On Firmino's header he seemed very hesitant and is a goal he should probably stop as it was not a strong header and from far enough out for him to do better there. Also he dropped ball from the corner is something Karius would be absolutely railed for.

The one stop he did make that i thought was very good was on a shot from Firmino (i think) outside the box that he stopped and controlled well as to not give up the rebound to Salah who was waiting for it. Given the ball was wet i thought that was a good job by him.

Quick Reply