Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 124858 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #69: Apr 09, 2018 07:24:55 pm
      We will end up with Butland no doubt.....
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #70: Apr 09, 2018 07:28:36 pm

Kinda like we ended up with Michael Keane instead of VVD...right?

no doubt.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #71: Apr 09, 2018 07:31:50 pm

Or Karius.

Goalkeeper of the week in Champion's League...not too bad for a consolation I guess.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #72: Apr 09, 2018 07:33:33 pm
      Courtois is probably the most overrated goalkeeper in Europe

Lloris for me
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #73: Apr 09, 2018 10:10:04 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #74: Apr 09, 2018 10:18:47 pm

When Mignolet was the precedent, I can't blame you for taking that view Rib.

You know what it's like - when you've been dating Anne Widdecombe for so long, everyone else looks like Charlize Theron.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #75: Apr 09, 2018 11:51:34 pm
      When Mignolet was the precedent, I can't blame you for taking that view Rib.

You know what it's like - when you've been dating Anne Widdecombe for so long, everyone else looks like Charlize Theron.

:lmao: :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #76: Apr 10, 2018 02:34:16 pm

Had to look her up, sorry I did, no plus for you.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #77: Apr 15, 2018 02:17:28 pm
      Just when I started getting comfortable with Karius he had to pull another one of his stupid moves in the 2nd leg against City. Lots of people blamed VVD for the goal, but he wasn't even half of the problem on that play despite stopping without hearing a whistle.

It was the beginning of a game we knew we'd have to survive the first 15-20 minutes if we wanted things to be easy or just qualify. Why are you passing the ball to VVD when him and Lovren are both very highly pressed by City players? He put VVD in a foot race with the City player could've cost us the tie.

City pressed us all half long because of that early goal. Had we managed the first 20 minutes, maybe this game would have been much easier. Also consider the fact that the whole team kept their composure after that early goal. It could've been one of these situations where that early goal shakes you badly and 10 minutes later you're already 2-0 down with 80minutes to play and the 11 players playing on the tip of their toes.

Imagine this tie was 1-0 or even 2-0 going into the second leg. Things would've turned extremely sour for no reason when all he had to do was to fly this thing the furthest he could into the other half of the pitch.

Point is: The guy has massively improved, but I feel like every once in a while he has to pull a stupid move that no goalkeeper playing at this level does.
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2018 02:21:50 pm by PolarBearRed »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #78: Apr 15, 2018 02:27:00 pm
      Just when I started getting comfortable with Karius he had to pull another one of his stupid moves in the 2nd leg against City. Lots of people blamed VVD for the goal, but he wasn't even half of the problem on that play despite stopping without hearing a whistle.

It was the beginning of a game we knew we'd have to survive the first 15-20 minutes if we wanted things to be easy or just qualify. Why are you passing the ball to VVD when him and Lovren are both very highly pressed by City players? He put VVD in a foot race with the City player could've cost us the tie.

City pressed us all half long because of that early goal. Had we managed the first 20 minutes, maybe this game would have been much easier. Also consider the fact that the whole team kept their composure after that early goal. It could've been one of these situations where that early goal shakes you badly and 10 minutes later you're already 2-0 down with 80minutes to play and the 11 players playing on the tip of their toes.

Imagine this tie was 1-0 or even 2-0 going into the second leg. Things would've turned extremely sour for no reason when all he had to do was to fly this thing the furthest he could into the other half of the pitch.

Point is: The guy has massively improved, but I feel like every once in a while he has to pull a stupid move that no goalkeeper playing at this level does.

I know what youā€™re saying but Iā€™ve seen both De Gea and Lloris make mistakes that were punished by goals conceded a few times in recent weeks, it happens
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #79: Apr 15, 2018 02:29:05 pm

I know what youā€™re saying but Iā€™ve seen both De Gea and Lloris make mistakes that were punished by goals conceded a few times in recent weeks, it happens

Lloris seems to have the ability to make people forget his clangers. Happen a lot and I truly think he's vastly overrated by many.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #80: Apr 15, 2018 03:30:37 pm
      Lloris seems to have the ability to make people forget his clangers. Happen a lot and I truly think he's vastly overrated by many.

Iā€™ve said the same thing on this forum and got bashed for it
      Klopp has said before that with certain things like the Liverpool goal keeping situation the narrative is set and the media are just waiting to write the story (ie - any mistake and itā€™s a case of Liverpool have a big problem in that position that they neee to address etc)
      Just as a single example De Gea last week makes a mess of a punt up pitch which city then score from through Gundogan. Now fair enough he makes a really good save towards the end of the match and at the end of the match the talk is about how good De Gea is etc etc (which he is donā€™t get me wrong) and absolutely no reflection on his mistake. If thatā€™s us, they say ā€œfair play Karius makes a good save second half but it only makes up for his error in the firstā€.

Last night Lloris runs out like a mad man and hacks down Sterling giving away a penalty (ok wasnā€™t really a pen but he deserved it for being so reckless). There was hardly any mention of him making that decision in the post match, imagine if it had been Karius or Migs theyā€™d be all over him
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2018 03:36:13 pm by Alfie2510 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #81: Apr 15, 2018 04:13:00 pm

Conceded less than Allison did over two games in the quarter-finals and how many times was he really tested over the two games against City.

Makes a least one important save a game at the moment, sign of a good keeper, that!

He'll do for us will Karius
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #82: Apr 15, 2018 04:59:54 pm
      Conceded less than Allison did over two games in the quarter-finals and how many times was he really tested over the two games against City.

Makes a least one important save a game at the moment, sign of a good keeper, that!

He'll do for us will Karius
      I agree, Karius is great. Yesterday his save could have been caught, he pushed it back into the box and our defenders dealt with it. It wasn't the most hardest catch to make, but if it were Mignolet it would have been in the back of the net.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #83: Apr 15, 2018 06:15:11 pm
      Audition time anyone think for this fella next week?
      I canā€™t see us shelling out Ā£50M+ with Karius doing well so suspect heā€™ll be off to Madrid or Paris but I get the sense heā€™d be an upgrade, harsh as it may be on Karius Iā€™d take him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #84: Apr 15, 2018 06:18:56 pm
      Audition time anyone think for this fella next week?
      I canā€™t see us shelling out Ā£50M+ with Karius doing well so suspect heā€™ll be off to Madrid or Paris but I get the sense heā€™d be an upgrade, harsh as it may be on Karius Iā€™d take him.

We are talking about an established keeper in Alisson that's considered one of the worlds best, where as Karius is still potential (looking good so far), and as much as I like Karius, I wouldn't say no to Alisson.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #85: Apr 15, 2018 06:27:49 pm
      We are talking about an established keeper in Alisson that's considered one of the worlds best, where as Karius is still potential (looking good so far), and as much as I like Karius, I wouldn't say no to Alisson.

Alisson was deputy to Szczęsny last season, he only made his Serie A debut this season so In europe at least heā€™s probably not as experienced as you think
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #86: Apr 15, 2018 06:31:05 pm

Alisson was deputy to Szczęsny last season, he only made his Serie A debut this season so In europe at least heā€™s probably not as experienced as you think

Yeah, I actually didn't know! Perhaps give Karius a full season and he could be as good as Alisson?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #87: Apr 15, 2018 06:41:25 pm
      Yeah, I actually didn't know! Perhaps give Karius a full season and he could be as good as Alisson?

Iā€™ve not seen enough of Alisson to know mate but I canā€™t fault Karius much since he came in at the turn of the year. Thing is I donā€™t think we need a show stopping, bells and whistles keeper just one that does the basics right, that can communicate and has the confidence of his team mates and every so often plucks out a wonder save. Iā€™m probably contradicting myself now but Karius is ticking those boxes
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #88: Apr 16, 2018 07:12:13 am

Agreed, bet other Teams will be trying to buy Karius of us!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #89: Apr 16, 2018 10:09:53 am
      I agree with you guys. Its not reasonable to go out there and spend big money for a GK in this market considering Karius has been in top form recently.

I just have a tendency to quickly lose my patience with Karius because I feel most of his mistakes are not ones that indicate he is a bad keeper. He is actually quite talented. Most of his mistakes come from carelessness or too much temerity in some situations where you can't afford to literally be the last man before an open goal and take ridiculous unnecessary chances when nobody would blame you for any kind of half-decent clearance even if it means conceding a close throw in, giving the ball back to the opposition in their half or even conceding a corner.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #90: Apr 17, 2018 08:43:26 pm
      If Mignolet leaves, I wouldnt mind having Ward as #2 and probably sign Casillas on a free ;D for some experience!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #91: Apr 18, 2018 05:51:03 pm
      If Mignolet leaves, I wouldnt mind having Ward as #2 and probably sign Casillas on a free ;D for some experience!

I would have love us to sign Reina! Free this summer!

Quick Reply