Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 126877 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #828: Jul 18, 2018 04:10:42 pm
      Taxi for Mignolet ?.
      Well this could be the missing piece in the jigsaw, he is going to be under incredible scrutiny for the first 6 or 10 games.
      I don't know enough about these goalkeepers and having seen Loris F**k up in the final you wonder if its possible to have an error free keeper these day.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #829: Jul 18, 2018 04:12:02 pm
      Can’t believe we are signing him for this much money to be backup keeper to the newly appointed 1st choice Danny Ward.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #830: Jul 18, 2018 04:16:53 pm
      So - how long until this all goes south and we can go back to being really bitter about the transfer window..? Surely, a new keeper as well as Keita, Fabinho, Fekir (potentially), Tah (potientially) & Shaqiri will represent a the best window ever for us?

Where are you getting links to Tah?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #831: Jul 18, 2018 04:17:54 pm
      Where are you getting links to Tah?

His arse  :P
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #832: Jul 18, 2018 04:20:33 pm
      Taxi for Mignolet ?.
      Well this could be the missing piece in the jigsaw, he is going to be under incredible scrutiny for the first 6 or 10 games.
      I don't know enough about these goalkeepers and having seen Loris f**k up in the final you wonder if its possible to have an error free keeper these day.

I wouldnt mind a taxi for Karius as well, and that's for the lad's own good. He would better off playing for a German mid-table team, week in and week out, away from all the spotlight. He needs a solid season or 2 to ensure his career doesnt buckle cos what he did is gonna be remembered for a long long time!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #833: Jul 18, 2018 04:24:02 pm

Hahahaha - yes my arse told me that we would be linked with Tah, hahahaha. Clownshoes...

Its one of many CB's we have been linked with as far as i can take looking at shitty links on Twitter... However, the point was more if this comes off along with any of the other links we have it would represent a massive window for us.

Pretty much everyone on Twitter is saying its a 'done deal' and he will be flying in tonight. I will however try to keep my excitement down as we have been here lots of times before.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #834: Jul 18, 2018 04:28:42 pm
      Hahahaha - yes my arse told me that we would be linked with Tah, hahahaha. Clownshoes...

Its one of many CB's we have been linked with as far as i can take looking at shitty links on Twitter... However, the point was more if this comes off along with any of the other links we have it would represent a massive window for us.

Pretty much everyone on Twitter is saying its a 'done deal' and he will be flying in tonight. I will however try to keep my excitement down as we have been here lots of times before.

It's already a massive window mate.

Fekir next hopefully and we're set for years.

All other signings are a bonus.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #835: Jul 18, 2018 04:30:27 pm
      Mmmm I know what you are saying in that he drops deep and allows Salah (and to a lesser extent Mane) to drive into that space but he is still a 9 for me. 12 months ago I would have called him a false 9 but his game has come on massively. Do think Salah would be effective if he was to step into Firmino’d spot?

Don’t look at their starting positions, look where they operate.
      Firmino is the false 9/10 whatever you want to call it and Salah is the one taking up the strikers positions.

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #836: Jul 18, 2018 04:32:05 pm
      It's already a massive window mate.

Fekir next hopefully and we're set for years.

All other signings are a bonus.

True that mate, but seems to good to be true - like were not used to this (or Man City)...
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #837: Jul 18, 2018 04:34:30 pm
      Cant say I rate him from what ive seen (albeit quite limited) but if all goes well and he does arrive he needs to be backed 100% or we're gonna become a death sentence for goalkeepers careers.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #838: Jul 18, 2018 04:36:41 pm
      Pearce confirms he has agreed a five year deal. Announcement within next 24-48 hours. Flying to Merseyside now for a medical.

Will join with the team ahead of the Napoli friendly.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #839: Jul 18, 2018 04:38:53 pm
      True that mate, but seems to good to be true - like were not used to this (or Man City)...

It's true mate it's all agreed with club and player.

Chelsea can go do one.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #840: Jul 18, 2018 04:42:28 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #841: Jul 18, 2018 04:43:32 pm
      Seria A is slower and less physical, so doing well there does not necessarily mean it will translate to the PL.

Thank F**k Alisson isn't a midfielder then! Or does the ball travel slower in Italy? Will there be flying tackles coming his way?

Jesus, I know you and some other people have become seriously invested in the idea of making every single goalkeeper in the world look crap so you can advocate for sticking to Karius, and some even went as far as professing to know what Klopp thinks about goalkeepers, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, Alisson was by far the best goalkeeper in Italy last season, and his skills are entirely translatable to England - he was good with his feet (no, not the flat long balls to crowded areas in that Karius highlights videos, Alisson even had an assist a couple of months ago), his shot stopping was very much above average in every single advanced metric you want to use, and so on. One might argue he's only been at that level for a short period of time (a small sample size?) but on the other hand he also has youth on his side.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #842: Jul 18, 2018 04:50:05 pm
      F***ing amazing!!!! I’m buzzing.

We’re going for it boys!!!
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #843: Jul 18, 2018 04:53:13 pm
      Thank f**k Alisson isn't a midfielder then! Or does the ball travel slower in Italy? Will there be flying tackles coming his way?

Jesus, I know you and some other people have become seriously invested in the idea of making every single goalkeeper in the world look crap so you can advocate for sticking to Karius, and some even went as far as professing to know what Klopp thinks about goalkeepers, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, Alisson was by far the best goalkeeper in Italy last season, and his skills are entirely translatable to England - he was good with his feet (no, not the flat long balls to crowded areas in that Karius highlights videos, Alisson even had an assist a couple of months ago), his shot stopping was very much above average in every single advanced metric you want to use, and so on. One might argue he's only been at that level for a short period of time (a small sample size?) but on the other hand he also has youth on his side.

I'm sure it won't take long until Achterburgs removed all his good skills and helped transform another of our goalies to Coco the Clown
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #844: Jul 18, 2018 04:54:53 pm
      Flight details,Flight planner, Radar checks..?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #845: Jul 18, 2018 04:57:55 pm
      Flight details,Flight planner, Radar checks..?

Stalker!

Edit: But here you go: https://www.flightradar24.com/BE40/1d2ca247
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2018 05:03:58 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #846: Jul 18, 2018 05:07:22 pm
      Seria A is slower and less physical, so doing well there does not necessarily mean it will translate to the PL. Apparently Alisson is someone Klopp had his eye on for a while (per an article i read on the Echo) so i guess that's why he was willing to be bent over the barrel by Roma and pay that kind of coin for a guy with 1 good season in a lesser league.

Salah. Nothing else to say.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #847: Jul 18, 2018 05:15:57 pm
      Now need to conclude Fekir...

F**k me...We are going to be sensational..

I ain't bet on sh*t in 20 years...about to break that habit & seek out odds for a Liverpool title win..
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #848: Jul 18, 2018 05:16:22 pm
      Here's the deal...

I have no idea if he's a good keeper at all. £66mill is a boat load of cash so he has a lot of pressure on him to do well. It just seems a lot of money for a man who was Szczęsny's understudy a year ago...

Would love someone who watches Serie A to spread a little positivity on him my way.

I can explain like I've explained to a lot on here.

We are getting a class goal keeper who is really quick off his line, commands his 18 yard box like a general, great at kicking and great at distributing the ball. I think Klopp likes him a lot because of his distribution, which is reinaesque. I think for 66m we have a goalkeeper set for the next 10 years (I hope).

I talk to a lot of Roma fans here, all think he is class and none think he is average. They are actually p!ssed off at Alisson leaving them (like how we were when Coutinho decided to leave ,;D).
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #849: Jul 18, 2018 05:24:15 pm
      I talk to a lot of Roma fans here, all think he is class and none think he is average. They are actually p!ssed off at Alisson leaving them (like how we were when Coutinho decided to leave ,;D).

Yep, looking through their threads on Alisson, they are actually gutted and pissed off, rofl.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #850: Jul 18, 2018 05:27:10 pm

Quick Reply