Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 124929 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #851: Jul 18, 2018 05:30:18 pm
      Now need to conclude Fekir...

F**k me...We are going to be sensational..

I ain't bet on sh*t in 20 years...about to break that habit & seek out odds for a Liverpool title win..

SHABADOOOOOOOO !
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #852: Jul 18, 2018 05:33:25 pm
      My thoughts on this are that we weren’t ever planning on replacing Karius and his F**k ups in pre season have sealed his fate. Just speculation of course but I have a feeling this has come out of nowhere and we were planning on putting faith in Karius but seems he has not got over that night. Either way, I’m happy for a change. Obviously a lot of money but this guy takes 1st spot over Ederson for the national team which shows what is thought of him.

Also thinking that it was either going to be Fekir or Allison rather than both and we have opted for the latter. Shaqiri being the cheaper alternative to Fekir. A lot of unfounded speculation but that’s my thoughts on it.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #853: Jul 18, 2018 05:35:22 pm
      My thoughts on this are that we weren’t ever planning on replacing Karius and his f**k ups in pre season have sealed his fate. Just speculation of course but I have a feeling this has come out of nowhere and we were planning on putting faith in Karius but seems he has not got over that night. Either way, I’m happy for a change. Obviously a lot of money but this guy takes 1st spot over Ederson for the national team which shows what is thought of him.

Also thinking that it was either going to be Fekir or Allison rather than both and we have opted for the latter. Shaqiri being the cheaper alternative to Fekir. A lot of unfounded speculation but that’s my thoughts on it.

We were linked with Allison in the winter window...long before the CL final and this pre-season.

This was never a spur of the moment decision.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2018 05:41:49 pm by AZPatriot »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #854: Jul 18, 2018 05:39:50 pm

That flight looks like it's headed for London.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #855: Jul 18, 2018 05:42:39 pm

Descending into London.

No turned South looks like Biggin Hill .
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #856: Jul 18, 2018 05:48:45 pm
      £66mill is a boat load of cash

Not cheap and a world record fee for a keeper. I suspect FSG is playing it big.

Having tasted blood from the £142m Coutinho sale, we are now essentially buying a goalie with resale value of £150m. Those owners are smart people.

Fekir will definitely follow. These players are world class and they will go for at least £150m in a few years. They won't bat an eyelid to pay £50-100m now assuming £150m is the guaranteed resale value.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #857: Jul 18, 2018 05:49:02 pm
      We were linked with Allison in the winter window...long before the CL final and this pre-season.

This was never a spur of the moment decision.
      I know mate, I don’t mean it was a spur of the moment decision. We’ve had an eye on him for a while and identified him as someone who could improve the team but I think, at the price, it was maybe seen as a luxury signing and funds might have been better utilised elsewhere; Fekir, for example. I don’t know, I just get the feeling that something has changed and we have decided that sticking with Karius isn’t going to work.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #858: Jul 18, 2018 05:51:28 pm

Having tasted blood from the £142m Coutinho sale, we are now essentially buying a goalie with resale value of £150m. Those owners are smart people.

Fekir will definitely follow. These players are world class and they will go for at least £150m in a few years. They won't bat an eyelid to pay £50-100m now assuming £150m is the guaranteed resale value.

credit where credit is due. owners bought Alisson because he would improve our team not because of a resale value. If they thought of resale value only, they wouldnt have bought a 25 year old keeper but a younger midfielder or a striker.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #859: Jul 18, 2018 05:51:35 pm

Steady on...
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #860: Jul 18, 2018 05:53:03 pm
      I know mate, I don’t mean it was a spur of the moment decision. We’ve had an eye on him for a while and identified him as someone who could improve the team but I think, at the price, it was maybe seen as a luxury signing and funds might have been better utilised elsewhere; Fekir, for example. I don’t know, I just get the feeling that something has changed and we have decided that sticking with Karius isn’t going to work.

What changed is the player's stance and Real Madrid opting for Courtois. We wouldn't have bid if the player himself wasn't interested and if he wasn't Klopp's first choice target. It also changed when Chelsea became interested in the player too so we had to move quickly
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #861: Jul 18, 2018 05:54:54 pm

Idiot.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,951 posts | 8458 
      Reply #862: Jul 18, 2018 05:56:00 pm
      That flight looks like it's headed for London.

We have an office in London too! ;)
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #863: Jul 18, 2018 06:03:39 pm
      Yep, looking through their threads on Alisson, they are actually gutted and pissed off, rofl.

Why gutted? They should be proud they sold well. At the right price they've got to let their player go. Just as we did for Coutinho. It's a world record fee for a keeper.

Any club that keeps buying players while fully utilising all players till end of their contract (leaving for free) will eventually go bankrupt. These fans should also think about the economics besides watching just the games.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #864: Jul 18, 2018 06:04:44 pm
      This is getting spooky if we sign Fekir and add either Domagoj Vida or Yerry Mina you better get to the bookies or the odds will have be shot to sh*t we  were 5s yesterday 9/2 now I just invested shall we say.
      TBH  I dont know who I would take Vida or Mina,  it's like Christmas it will be amazing if all this comes together could we sign Allison Fekir and either Vida or Mina within the transfer period ,what do the numbers add up to about £190 million ish
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #865: Jul 18, 2018 06:06:10 pm
      Great 24-hour news cycle. I guess he will report for training when Bobby does, in France.

I wonder if Karius has or will ask for a move. It would probably be smart on his part.
      Kopite78
      Reply #866: Jul 18, 2018 06:07:40 pm
      Why gutted? They should be proud they sold well. At the right price they've got to let their player go. Just as we did for Coutinho. It's a world record fee for a keeper.

Any club that keeps buying players while fully utilising all players till end of their contract (leaving for free) will eventually go bankrupt. These fans should also think about the economics besides watching just the games.

Mad un you
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4878 
      Reply #867: Jul 18, 2018 06:08:01 pm
      Still no player thread then.

Been flat out all day and was sort of expecting this to be wrapped up.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #868: Jul 18, 2018 06:08:05 pm

Man, do you even care about matches, competitions and championships? This is first and foremost about WINNING.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #869: Jul 18, 2018 06:08:52 pm
      This is getting spooky if we sign Fekir and add either Domagoj Vida or Yerry Mina you better get to the bookies or the odds will have be shot to sh*t we  were 5s yesterday 9/2 now I just invested shall we say.
      TBH  I dont know who I would take Vida or Mina,  it's like Christmas it will be amazing if all this comes together could we sign Allison Fekir and either Vida or Mina within the transfer period ,what do the numbers add up to about £190 million ish

Who's leaving for us to sign a new CB?

Just leaving Rome airport now and headed to Manchester. Will be done in the next 24-48hrs.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #870: Jul 18, 2018 06:09:14 pm

My god mate gave a little patience let the man get his flight over.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #871: Jul 18, 2018 06:09:36 pm

Has moved along pretty damned quickly, I'd say.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #872: Jul 18, 2018 06:10:52 pm

Why? I gave you a good reason why Fekir will come. I'm sure you'll welcome him.

Technically, Coutinho = Alisson + Van Djik. Plus there are further expansion plans at Anfield. Without a potential return, how do you justify to these businessmen additional expenditure of another £50-60m?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #873: Jul 18, 2018 06:11:40 pm

Quick Reply