Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 124833 times
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #23: Feb 16, 2018 10:41:36 am
      If we would like to win league, i'm not convinced that Karius is right goalkeeper...Hope i'm wrong.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Feb 16, 2018 10:43:35 am
      Buy Alisson.
      Sell Mignolet. (ship him on a plane to anywhere)

It's not a complicated window LFC.
      Especially if he wants to come and his representatives have been in touch.

Mind you for a year I though the VVD transfer was the figment of our imagination so...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25: Feb 16, 2018 10:47:01 am
      I just have a sneaky feeling we'll  be back for him in the summer. I suspect we had Ms Reddy/Pearce put it out there that we are not interested in order not to unsettle our keeper who has been in fine form.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Feb 16, 2018 11:42:17 am
      I just have a sneaky feeling we'll  be back for him in the summer. I suspect we had Ms Reddy/Pearce put it out there that we are not interested in order not to unsettle our keeper who has been in fine form.

I hope you're right, because it's disappointing to hear we're not interested anymore. However, it's also very strange that we would publicly "announce" that (via trusted journalists close to the club) right now, with the season ongoing, for there's no real reason to do so.

Given we've already issued public apologies and then ended up with the player we wanted, I won't take this as a sign there's no chance we're signing him. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. Haha
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Feb 16, 2018 01:11:16 pm
      I hope you're right, because it's disappointing to hear we're not interested anymore. However, it's also very strange that we would publicly "announce" that (via trusted journalists close to the club) right now, with the season ongoing, for there's no real reason to do so.

Given we've already issued public apologies and then ended up with the player we wanted, I won't take this as a sign there's no chance we're signing him. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. Haha

If Karius keeps going like he has of late, no reason to splash out that much on this guy. But if he struggles, I've no doubt keeper will be a priority, whether it's him or someone else.

I hope Karius continues however.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #28: Feb 16, 2018 04:23:16 pm
      Sell Mignolet. (ship him on a plane to anywhere)

ala Father Ted and Bishop Brennan

Jürgen Klopp: Right, now I think it would be best for you to continue your career as goalkeeper-cum-slapstick comedian outside my jurisdiction! Now Simon, I thought you might like to go to America. What part, do you reckon?

Simon Mignolet: Um...Las Vegas?

Jürgen: Oh I'm sorry Simon, I meant SOUTH America! Ah, there's a lovely little island, off the coast of Surinam and... ha! ha!... they have a couple of tribes there, you're going to love this, and they have been knocking the sh*t out of each other since 1907! And we have never found the right man to bring them together in the spirit of Christian harmony, but I think that you, Simon, are the man!

Simon Mignolet:...um...thanks very much.

Jürgen: No need to thank me...oh by the way do you know how to make arrows?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: Feb 16, 2018 05:30:31 pm

Only problem come summer time is it gives other clubs like PSG to get their sh*t in order before making a bid. I really want Alisson from the little I've seen but I would completely understand if Jürgen doesn't want to spend 60m+ on a goalkeeper. World record fees for a CB & GK in successive windows? The world would lose it's sh*t.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #30: Feb 16, 2018 06:13:59 pm
      Only problem come summer time is it gives other clubs like PSG to get their sh*t in order before making a bid. I really want Alisson from the little I've seen but I would completely understand if Jürgen doesn't want to spend 60m+ on a goalkeeper. World record fees for a CB & GK in successive windows? The world would lose it's sh*t.

Yeah, I think Roma feels hard done by with how "cheap" Salah went for and I just can't see them selling their best players for so "little" now, but 60m+ for a keeper is really taking the piss imo.

Oh, and PSG do need a keeper, don't they? I think Barca can improve, and so can Real and Arsenal.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31: Feb 16, 2018 06:17:55 pm
      Yeah, I think Roma feels hard done by with how "cheap" Salah went for and I just can't see them selling their best players for so "little" now, but 60m+ for a keeper is really taking the piss imo.

Oh, and PSG do need a keeper, don't they? I think Barca can improve, and so can Real and Arsenal.

Psg yes, but barcelona ? Ter stegen has been outstanding this season
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #32: Feb 16, 2018 06:28:32 pm
      Psg yes, but barcelona ? Ter stegen has been outstanding this season

I don't think Real needs a keeper too tbh. As for Ter Stegen, you are right, but I just think they can do better and go for a proper sweeper keeper!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33: Feb 16, 2018 06:50:48 pm
      Karius needs to be No1 until the end of the season, it's the only way we'll know if he's improved enough.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34: Feb 16, 2018 10:13:46 pm

Even if we were to go for him in the summer, they would make sure they squeeze every penny out of us this time, probably stick a bit more on top of that too because of Salah.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #35: Feb 17, 2018 08:30:23 am
      Reddy and Joyce coming out with this at exactly the same time tells you that the club thought now would be a good time to go public with this.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36: Feb 17, 2018 06:12:32 pm
      Question... Why are Italian club so fu**ed up when It comes to transfers...??

I mean, They seem to like taking players on loan with an options to buy at ex amount; then when it comes down to it they always renege on the deal and offer less that the set price.
      What worse is if the price is contingent on that player playing ex amount of games they will always stop the player two or three games short of that target so they have an excuse not to offer the full price, not matter how good that player has played for them, and no matter the positive impact that player as had on their season

On selling players the always have a ridicules mark up on a player, £20m in most cases...
      I understand teams wanting to make as much as they can from the sell of a player, but Italian clubs seem to always go way over the top compered to French,Spanish, Dutch and Germany clubs.... Drives me F***ing nuts

I would never send a player on loan to an Italian club
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Feb 17, 2018 06:57:13 pm
      Don't need to pay 62m for a goalkeeper. Karius has been excellent recently.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38: Feb 18, 2018 02:45:18 pm
      Don't need to pay 62m for a goalkeeper. Karius has been excellent recently.
      I think that If he is the right goal keeper for us then we should buy him, even at £62m....how Much did City pay for Ederson Moraes £35M although we should put in an initial bid of £32m
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #39: Feb 22, 2018 12:07:33 pm
      This Karius talk is all very well but back in the real world we need another goalkeeper.

If we don't then this time next year we will be regretting it again.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #40: Feb 22, 2018 12:22:02 pm
      Didn't watch the match last night but read Alisson was in great form in the Champions League
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #41: Feb 22, 2018 01:22:44 pm
      Didn't watch the match last night but read Alisson was in great form in the Champions League

I'm guessing you've seen more of him than most on here Diego.

How good is he?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #42: Feb 22, 2018 01:37:53 pm
      This Karius talk is all very well but back in the real world we need another goalkeeper.

If we don't then this time next year we will be regretting it again.

My only wish was Karius was No.1 in August 17 because he is looking decent now and I already knew back then Mignolet was not good enough.

Still though if Karius is good enough he will find a way to play if we sign Allison.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #43: Feb 24, 2018 12:20:33 pm
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #44: Feb 25, 2018 03:10:07 am
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #45: Feb 25, 2018 09:32:14 am
      Paul Joyce has said we're interested again, a couple of weeks after Bascombe and Pearce said we're no longer interested. I don't know anymore 😑

Quick Reply