Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 126727 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #230: May 30, 2018 05:37:10 pm
      Imagine 15- 18 clean sheets a season (LK had 10)

He only played half the season and we had pretty much the best defensive record from January onwards! If you are going to use figures then at least use them accurately.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #231: May 30, 2018 05:43:06 pm
      He only played half the season and we had pretty much the best defensive record from January onwards! If you are going to use figures then at least use them accurately.

Your right mate accuracy isnt my strong point I forgot he only played a part of the season
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,424 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #232: May 30, 2018 05:54:44 pm
      We need a keeper ,quality costs , Lloris, Courtois, De Gea,Ederson would cost how much.
      Imagine 15- 18 clean sheets a season (LK had 10) not having to score over 2 goals every 3 games, CL football every season, your fighting on all fronts for trophies and leagues  your investment gets better as he gets older,he instills a confidence in your defence thats never been there before how much would you value it at ,also remembering they dont want to sell, its Liverpool thats come knocking who have  got bundles to spend, your getting your breeks taken down whatever way you go just bite the bullet and move on   

Lloris is the most overrated goalkeeper in the world/universe
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #233: May 30, 2018 06:54:19 pm
      If we are not going to splash the cash on Allison then rather than someone like Butland I would rather we give Kamil Grabara a chance, he is 19 and imo much more talented than Ward or Karius.

Might as well let him make a few mistakes knowing he has a much higher ceiling than the two ahead of him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #234: May 30, 2018 07:16:06 pm
      If we are not going to splash the cash on Allison then rather than someone like Butland I would rather we give Kamil Grabara a chance, he is 19 and imo much more talented than Ward or Karius.

Might as well let him make a few mistakes knowing he has a much higher ceiling than the two ahead of him.

You'd be good having a 19 year old start our next CL final?

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #235: May 30, 2018 08:05:30 pm
      You'd be good having a 19 year old start our next CL final?

Well he will be 20 by that time  ;D

Donnarumma from Milan who we have been interested in is only 19 and remember Buffon was only 17 when he made his debut.

If you are good enough.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2018 08:37:00 pm by HScRed1 »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #236: May 30, 2018 08:19:01 pm

YES!! I have been very impressed with him at U23 levels. Would love to see him play in pre-season, and if he does well, who knows, could be our new #1 :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #237: May 30, 2018 11:52:21 pm
      All this talk of Allison is just a decoy...we will get Oblak.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,328 posts | 1524 
      Reply #238: May 31, 2018 01:10:07 am
      Theres a lad, think he's at Swindon academy, 20 yrs old, Joe Newman. Outstanding keeper, needs a chance somewhere. Could go under the radar and cost a mint in 4 or 5 years. Cheap at the mo, and I've watched him plenty of times, never ceases to amaze. everyone comments on his performances. Big strong lad. Commands his box, distributes well, brave, good with his feet.
      Played for me for 4 or 5 years as a kid. Was outstanding then as well. Get the word round to JĆ¼rgen. Worth taking a peep.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #239: May 31, 2018 02:26:28 am
      Theres a lad, think he's at Swindon academy, 20 yrs old, Joe Newman. Outstanding keeper, needs a chance somewhere. Could go under the radar and cost a mint in 4 or 5 years. Cheap at the mo, and I've watched him plenty of times, never ceases to amaze. everyone comments on his performances. Big strong lad. Commands his box, distributes well, brave, good with his feet.
      Played for me for 4 or 5 years as a kid. Was outstanding then as well. Get the word round to JĆ¼rgen. Worth taking a peep.

As our #1?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #240: May 31, 2018 11:10:20 am
      Had enough of ā€œpotentialā€. Spend the big ones and get a top drawer keeper! Oblak for me, but if Allison is off to Madrid, then Navas is a no brainier if Oblak is too expensive...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #241: May 31, 2018 11:22:27 am
      Had enough of ā€œpotentialā€. Spend the big ones and get a top drawer keeper! Oblak for me, but if Allison is off to Madrid, then Navas is a no brainier if Oblak is too expensive...

Navas isnā€™t any better than we have in Karius. Not sure why people keep saying this.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #242: May 31, 2018 01:17:49 pm
      Navas isnā€™t any better than we have in Karius. Not sure why people keep saying this.

Utter bollocks!!! How on earth can you claim that the inexperienced brainfart Karius is better than the hugely experienced Navas. Navas is in a completely different league to Karius and every aspect of his game is better.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #243: May 31, 2018 03:48:12 pm
      Utter bollocks!!! How on earth can you claim that the inexperienced brainfart Karius is better than the hugely experienced Navas. Navas is in a completely different league to Karius and every aspect of his game is better.

No it isnā€™t - Navas is worse than Migs never mind Karius.

Mistakes every other week.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #244: May 31, 2018 04:24:53 pm
      No it isnā€™t - Navas is worse than Migs never mind Karius.

Mistakes every other week.

Wow, you really don't like Navas do you, worse than Migs, yeah of course he is, that's why he's goalie for Real "infinite money" Madrid!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #245: May 31, 2018 04:40:54 pm
      Wow, you really don't like Navas do you, worse than Migs, yeah of course he is, that's why he's goalie for Real "infinite money" Madrid!

No thatā€™s cos he had a good World Cup and they spunk money like Bill Cosby at an 80s open casting...,,,,,,
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #246: May 31, 2018 04:58:08 pm
      @SkySportsNews
      BREAKING: @ChelseaFC are likely to sell Thibault Courtois and are considering entering the race for Roma talent Alisson, according to Sky in Italy. #SSN

Chelsea are considering trying to lure one of the top talents in the world to come play for a Europa team? :lmao:

Sure they are.

Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #247: May 31, 2018 05:09:44 pm
      Its not funny we better be careful here.  I dont think Oblak is going to leave Atletico. Its pretty possible a scenario with Courtois at Madrid or PSG. Alisson at Chelsea or PSG. And Liverpool?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #248: May 31, 2018 05:16:38 pm
      Its not funny we better be careful here.  I dont think Oblak is going to leave Atletico. Its pretty possible a scenario with Courtois at Madrid or PSG. Alisson at Chelsea or PSG. And Liverpool?

I'm not too worried about it. We have way more pull with Klopp here than any of those teams you mentioned, especially with Madrid's manager up in the air.
      Kopite78
      Reply #249: May 31, 2018 05:18:53 pm
      I'm not too worried about it. We have way more pull with Klopp here than any of those teams you mentioned, especially with Madrid's manager up in the air.

I mean I love this club but come on

All those will pay more wages than us and can boast recent records of winning titles

Again I love the club but they don't and will be tempted by more money and what will be sold to them as a club that wins things
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #250: May 31, 2018 05:31:14 pm
      I mean I love this club but come on

All those will pay more wages than us and can boast recent records of winning titles

Again I love the club but they don't and will be tempted by more money and what will be sold to them as a club that wins things

This was just a survey done in the Bundesliga:
      http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/724857/artikel_meinung-der-bundesliga_klopp-ist-der-beste-trainer.html

Klopp voted best manager in the world.

JĆ¼rgen Klopp - 35.7%
      Pep Guardiola - 31.1%
      Zinedine Zidane - 10.9%
      Jupp Heynckes - 10.9%

I'd be willing to be that you'd likely get similar results in a lot of the world leagues. In Spain Zidane and Pep would rank higher possibly. Either way, I don't really care about my own personal bias. There's a reason that Keita, VVD and now Fabinho came here instead of Barcelona, City and United (respectively). Those teams all pay more than us and have been winning more trophies than us. Yet we have somehow managed to convince them to come here...in Keita's regard, he came without us being assured of CL football. There's too many anecdotes I've been seeing about how Klopp is basically selling these players on his vision, so until I see solid evidence that we've been outbid over and over again and are having to settle for lesser players, I don't really buy it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #251: May 31, 2018 05:34:21 pm
      This was just a survey done in the Bundesliga:
      http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/724857/artikel_meinung-der-bundesliga_klopp-ist-der-beste-trainer.html

Klopp voted best manager in the world.

JĆ¼rgen Klopp - 35.7%
      Pep Guardiola - 31.1%
      Zinedine Zidane - 10.9%
      Jupp Heynckes - 10.9%

I'd be willing to be that you'd likely get similar results in a lot of the world leagues. In Spain Zidane and Pep would rank higher possibly. Either way, I don't really care about my own personal bias. There's a reason that Keita, VVD and now Fabinho came here instead of Barcelona, City and United (respectively). Those teams all pay more than us and have been winning more trophies than us. Yet we have somehow managed to convince them to come here...in Keita's regard, he came without us being assured of CL football. There's too many anecdotes I've been seeing about how Klopp is basically selling these players on his vision, so until I see solid evidence that we've been outbid over and over again and are having to settle for lesser players, I don't really buy it.

They may like Klopp. Me too

Bet they like money and winning things too
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2018 06:14:56 pm by Kopite78 »
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #252: May 31, 2018 06:22:48 pm

If you say so...

Quick Reply