Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 126551 times
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #483: Jul 12, 2018 09:37:52 am
      I have not seen him do anything outstanding, but i am desperate for a new keeper.

He is the Brazil No.1 and they have a few good keepers - so i'm sold
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #484: Jul 12, 2018 09:39:24 am
      He's an upgrade on what we have.

That's all I care about.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #485: Jul 12, 2018 09:42:13 am
      I'd love of we sold Mignolet and Karius then replaced with Alisson and Pope we'd be set for years with good goalkeepers.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #486: Jul 12, 2018 10:09:58 am
      Widespread reports in Italy on €65m Liverpool bid for Alisson...completely wrong (unfortunately). NO bid from @LFC, no contact at all with player or club. No plans to bid at this stage either. Was some interest earlier in window, but cooled and not revived. #LFC
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #487: Jul 12, 2018 10:19:56 am
      Widespread reports in Italy on €65m Liverpool bid for Alisson...completely wrong (unfortunately). NO bid from @LFC, no contact at all with player or club. No plans to bid at this stage either. Was some interest earlier in window, but cooled and not revived. #LFC

Arghh F**k sake, why has interest cooled, was it after the Karius masterclass against Tranmere??
      Is it Achterburg or Jürgen who thinks we are fine in the goalkeeping department?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #488: Jul 12, 2018 04:47:50 pm
      Arghh F**k sake, why has interest cooled, was it after the Karius masterclass against Tranmere??
      Is it Achterburg or Jürgen who thinks we are fine in the goalkeeping department?

Possibly to do with the player turning us down!!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #489: Jul 12, 2018 05:02:19 pm

or maybe we are not interested in forking out 65m on a GK!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #490: Jul 12, 2018 10:03:17 pm
      or maybe we are not interested in forking out 65m on a GK!!

But £75m on a CB is ok
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #491: Jul 12, 2018 10:04:25 pm

All GK's in the world turned us down, F**k me word of Achterburg has spread far and wide!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #492: Jul 12, 2018 11:37:07 pm

Who's turned us down? Been clear from the start we wouldn't be paying the asking price for him, just like Madrid aren't.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #493: Jul 13, 2018 08:06:40 am
      He's an upgrade on what we have.

That's all I care about.

I wish you were buying for Liverpool and I was selling for Roma.

I'd do a deal with you for £300m. I'd do the deal with you one month ago. No, make it seven months ago. Sweet!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #494: Jul 13, 2018 09:07:04 am
      We need a keeper for sure.  Starting the season with the same 3 keepers is asking for trouble.  I'm trying to remain optimistic that we're going to sign an upgrade out of the blue, but it's sounding increasingly unlikely.  Come on JK, you stubborn f###er!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #495: Jul 15, 2018 03:02:47 pm
      Apparently according to sketchy sources we're back in for Alisson and have met with his agent. Bid to be made in the next few days.

Take with major pinch of salt but fingers crossed it's legit.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #496: Jul 15, 2018 03:07:32 pm
      Apparently according to sketchy sources we're back in for Alisson and have met with his agent. Bid to be made in the next few days.

Take with major pinch of salt but fingers crossed it's legit.

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #497: Jul 16, 2018 12:02:11 pm
      He’s going to cost £66m almost double that of Ederson. Is his skills proportionately double that of Ederson? If not there will be a premium in the price. Maybe due to Mo and maybe because we are desperate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #498: Jul 16, 2018 12:23:23 pm
      He’s going to cost £66m almost double that of Ederson. Is his skills proportionately double that of Ederson? If not there will be a premium in the price. Maybe due to Mo and maybe because we are desperate.

Is he the best keeper available at this time, if so just pay the money, enough F***ing about with average keepers.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #499: Jul 16, 2018 12:31:22 pm

Definitely not worth a premium price. Also, I don't think there would ever be as much pressure on a keeper (other than perhaps Karius himself now) than being his high cost and high expectation replacement.

It will be no easy task following up Karius now we've let this drag on, and especially if you command a huge fee. One earlyish mistake (silly or otherwise) and we all know how much that pressure will kick up to an even higher level.

One would need a strong mental fortitude. I definitely don't see Alisson having that and coping with the pressure. He'll most likely be on his way to Chelsea anyway to replace Courtois (who'll be on his way to Madrid).
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #500: Jul 16, 2018 02:16:45 pm
      Definitely not worth a premium price. Also, I don't think there would ever be as much pressure on a keeper (other than perhaps Karius himself now) than being his high cost and high expectation replacement.

It will be no easy task following up Karius now we've let this drag on, and especially if you command a huge fee. One earlyish mistake (silly or otherwise) and we all know how much that pressure will kick up to an even higher level.

One would need a strong mental fortitude. I definitely don't see Alisson having that and coping with the pressure. He'll most likely be on his way to Chelsea anyway to replace Courtois (who'll be on his way to Madrid).

How much is he worth then, seeing as you are the price fixer for all transfers?
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #501: Jul 16, 2018 03:19:11 pm
      Is he the best keeper available at this time, if so just pay the money, enough f**king about with average keepers.

At £300m? Yes?

I wish you were buying for Liverpool and I was selling for Roma.

I'd do a deal with you for £300m. I'd do the deal with you one month ago. No, make it seven months ago. Sweet!

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #502: Jul 16, 2018 03:31:30 pm

?? WTF the price I was referring to, as you well know, was £65m.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #503: Jul 16, 2018 04:05:16 pm
      How much is he worth then, seeing as you are the price fixer for all transfers?

Haha jeez you get stroppy when people don't agree with you. What do you want me to say? Do we need a better keeper? Yes. Do I agree that we use no foresight, and spend whatever to address that? No, not unconditionally. And I think I was quite rational with my explanation for why above.

You're entitled to disagree. We already know how you'd run our club. You'd sell Ings and Solanke for next to nothing. You'd rather just release Sturridge for almost 7 mil than have him around. And you'd probably be happy to get into a bidding war with Chelsea and pay 75 mil for Alisson.

So basically we've now got this guy who isn't exactly renowned for his commanding presence and resilient attitude, made him the world's most expensive goalkeeper, and told him all you have to do is just not F**k up like the other guy (Karius). No pressure...

Guess what? The dude is going to F**k up. Almost guaranteed. And because we paid so much for him, no doubt we'd end up feeling compelled to stick with him. We're basically enabling ourselves to be a graveyard for keepers by creating a yips-friendly zone.

Naturally, with your inclination to throw your toys out of the pram, you'd just release him on a free though, and then double down and buy the next guy for 100 mil.

But seriously, with the toxic environment we've created for ourselves, we're better off throwing lower value, lower risk bodies (and more of them, if necessary) at the problem. Lower the expectation (as much as can be done within the current scenario), and let keepers sink or swim with minimal risk. More tickets to the lotto, more chances to win (our own Nick Pope story).

Is my strategy right? Or is your strategy right? Despite my often seemingly righteous tone, I'm always just sharing my own opinion here. We don't really know anything for sure. That's why some of us come on here to discuss and share our views and hopes.

However, please feel free to continue to consistently piss on all of them. Eventually you'll just find yourself pissing into the wind though.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #504: Jul 16, 2018 04:05:47 pm

Alisson is not worth doubling the GK transfer record for. I highly doubt Klopp would pay that sum of money for someone who looks so not worth the inflated price tag.

I saw the rumor we have bid for Cillensen which should cost less than half what Alisson's supposed fee is and more in line with what i'd expect an incoming goalkeeper to be like; someone solid to come in and take over in case Karius doesn't hold onto the #1 position.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #505: Jul 16, 2018 04:10:12 pm
      ?? WTF the price I was referring to, as you well know, was £65m.

Haha. Ok.
      May be fine for you.

But not for me as I don’t see that he’s double of Navas. My own view.

Quick Reply