Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 130235 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #644: Jul 17, 2018 08:06:03 pm
      based on what? 3 or 4 wc games? , did you watch him consistently with Roma last season?

He's a great keeper, similar to Reina in style, super quick off his line, great distribution, good commanding of area and a good shot stopper.

Like people on here were skeptical about paying 75m for VVD because he wasn't ''that good'' and yet he is worth every penny because he improved our defense immensely . The same will go with Becker, he is twice the player Karius is in every department.
      I watched Becker in 2 Champions League games and 7 World Cup games.
      Isn't 9 games enough to form an opinion?
      I never said he was not good, but he did not impress me much.
      Courtois impressed me and I can understand why Real Madrid are going for him.
      Courtois 31m and Becker 62m.
      If I had a choice I would go for Courtois hands down, just like Real are.
      I have seen enough of Courtois to say he is world class.
      Why are you mentioning he is better than Karius like I have debated that? It is obvious and doesn't need pointing out.
      It is hard to tell me who isn't better without saying names like Mignolet and Bogdan.
      « Last Edit: Jul 17, 2018 08:17:32 pm by Ribapuru »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #645: Jul 17, 2018 08:16:51 pm
      Why are you mentioning he is better than Karius? It is obvious and doesn't need pointing out.
      It is hard to tell me who isn't better without saying names like Mignolet and Bogdan.

You watched him in competitions that doesn't require any form of consistency. Salif Diao and Diouf looked class in the world cup, but they were average players. Even Baros almost won the golden boot at the euros. De Gea had a shocking world cup, cost them a win against Portugal, but that doesn't make him a poor keeper.

If you watched him with Roma on a consistent basis you would know that in some games he saved his team from drawing or losing. You can ask any Roma fan that, they will tell you how good he was and why they are asking such a high price for him.

He also suits us, with the system we play because he is excellent at kicking and distribution that he is very similar to Reina in this regard. 62m is a gamble, but like VVD he is worth the punt.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #646: Jul 17, 2018 08:17:55 pm
      You watched him in competitions that doesn't require any form of consistency. Salif Diao and Diouf looked class in the world cup, but they were average players. Even Baros almost won the golden boot at the euros. De Gea had a shocking world cup, cost them a win against Portugal, but that doesn't make him a poor keeper.

If you watched him with Roma on a consistent basis you would know that in some games he saved his team from drawing or losing. You can ask any Roma fans that, they will tell you how good he was and why they are asking such a high price for him.

He also suits us, with the system we play because he is excellent at kicking and distribution that he is very similar to Reina in this regard. 62m is a gamble, but like VVD he is worth the punt.
      Reina was not a good shot stopper either, the fact you said he was in your previous post that tells me you didn't watch Reina an awful lot.
      Reina was good because he closed down people quickly because he could read the game well.
      He knew exactly when and when not to come out to get the ball.
      He was great and making the shooting angle smaller and forcing Strikers to take other options.
      His reflexes were not that of a natural shot stopper, unless you call all keepers shot stoppers.
      On the other hand, people thought Mignolet was a shot stopper but he didn't know his feet weren't glued to the freaking line and was probably even worse than Reina in the reflexes department.

If you think World Cup is not a good measure of a goalkeeper you are full of it.
      It is a great measure, they are under a lot more pressure.
      Look at Lloris flapping like Karius.
      Do we really want that sh*t in a CL final?
      We need goalkeepers that can handle pressure.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #647: Jul 17, 2018 08:18:18 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11439885/liverpool-make-offer-for-romas-alisson-becker-but-no-fee-agreed

If I understood what is happening, this morning Sky was denying, through sources close to the club, that we made an offer for him, but now they say we have made one, but a fee is yet to be agreed. They basically changed their story to the one all the other reliable sources are giving.

That's good. I guess with all the major guys like Sky and BBC reporting the same, it has at least a good portion of truth in it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #648: Jul 17, 2018 08:22:33 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11439885/liverpool-make-offer-for-romas-alisson-becker-but-no-fee-agreed

If I understood what is happening, this morning Sky was denying, through sources close to the club, that we made an offer for him, but now they say we have made one, but a fee is yet to be agreed. They basically changed their story to the one all the other reliable sources are giving.

That's good. I guess with all the major guys like Sky and BBC reporting the same, it has at least a good portion of truth in it.

Guardian, BBC and The Times - probably that order of reliability I'd say.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #649: Jul 17, 2018 08:22:55 pm

Sky are not a solid news source. It's no better than Twitter.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #650: Jul 17, 2018 08:23:08 pm
      Reina was not a good shot stopper either, the fact you said he was in your previous post that tells me you didn't watch Reina an awful lot.
      Reina was good because he closed down people quickly because he could read the game well.
      He knew exactly when and when not to come out to get the ball.
      He was great and making the shooting angle smaller and forcing Strikers to take other options.
      His reflexes were not that of a natural shot stopper, unless you call all keepers shot Hhstoppers.
      On the other hand, people thought Mignolet was a shot stopper but he didn't know his feet weren't glued to the freaking line and was probably even worse than Reina in the reflexes department.

hahaha!! Reina wasn't a good shot stopper? gtfo. Just because he didn't do acrobatic actor saves ala Mignolet didn't mean he wasn't a great shot stopper. he was a good one, in fact he made some saves look easy because of his positioning of saves. Yes he was stronger in being quick off his line and distribution, but he wasn't poor at making saves.

Same with Alisson, he reminds me a lot of Reina because the way he commands his box and the way he distributes.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #651: Jul 17, 2018 08:23:22 pm
      So who to believe, every single newspaper in the UK or sources close to Liverpool??

Who indeed?
      And who exactly are these close sources?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #652: Jul 17, 2018 08:26:07 pm
      hahaha!! Reina wasn't a good shot stopper? gtfo. Just because he didn't do acrobatic actor saves ala Mignolet didn't mean he wasn't a great shot stopper. he was a good one, in fact he made some saves look easy because of his positioning of saves. Yes he was stronger in being quick off his line and distribution, but he wasn't poor at making saves.

Same with Alisson, he reminds me a lot of Reina because the way he commands his box and the way he distributes.
      Look, you proven to me you know nothing about goalkeepers. I am done arguing with a pretender.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #653: Jul 17, 2018 08:29:55 pm
      Look, you proven to me you know nothing about goalkeepers. I am done arguing with a pretender.

Classic rib can't argue with facts
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #654: Jul 17, 2018 08:30:35 pm
      Why are you mentioning he is better than Karius like I have debated that? It is obvious and doesn't need pointing out.

I get what you're saying about Courtois, but I don't think he was fantastic last season with Chelsea at all. World cup performances making him look his former self though I admit so 31m is a bargain really.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #655: Jul 17, 2018 08:30:54 pm
      Sky are not a solid news source. It's no better than Twitter.
      Guardian, BBC and The Times - probably that order of reliability I'd say.

Thanks for that lads. That's something I wanted to know in order to filter my feed the proper way and keep an eye out for reliable sources only.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #656: Jul 17, 2018 08:33:00 pm
      Thanks for that lads. That's something I wanted to know in order to filter my feed the proper way and keep an eye out for reliable sources only.

The Times is behind a paywall but I'd absolutely recommend the guardian football coverage on mostly anything - confirming rumours/transfers or general football opinion (something the BBC doesn't have) The best in the UK bar none.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #657: Jul 17, 2018 08:33:35 pm
      Got a gut feeling he'll go to Chelsea.

They are looking at resigning petr cech or buying Kasper Schmeichel
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #658: Jul 17, 2018 08:34:23 pm
      As much as I find it disturbing that fans are now dictating transfer policy, and don't for one minute think he's a significant enough upgrade on Karius to warrant the price, the fact that we are making a bid of this magnitude shows some serious financial muscle flexing which is nice to see us engage in after years in the wilderness, bidding for the Charlie Adams of this world.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #659: Jul 17, 2018 08:35:36 pm
      It’s happening - yeah booiiiii!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #660: Jul 17, 2018 08:37:00 pm
      I just read from a dodgy source that Chelsea are gonna bid £70m for him.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,316 posts | 1672 
      Reply #661: Jul 17, 2018 08:42:45 pm
      Just hope Roma don't fxxk us over here with getting Salah so cheap
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,316 posts | 1672 
      Reply #662: Jul 17, 2018 08:46:41 pm

I get what you're saying about Courtois, but I don't think he was fantastic last season with Chelsea at all. World cup performances making him look his former self though I admit so 31m is a bargain really.

Thanks for that Picture brings back many happy memories
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #663: Jul 17, 2018 08:59:51 pm
      Okay, now I'm starting to believe he might come.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1019308965497368576?s=19
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #664: Jul 17, 2018 09:00:14 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #665: Jul 17, 2018 09:08:46 pm
      Wonder if big Jurg has took him for  candyfloss in Blackpool yet.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #666: Jul 17, 2018 09:23:48 pm
      Wonder if big Jurg has took him for  candyfloss in Blackpool yet.
      .  And a go on the big one

Quick Reply