Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 126897 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #805: Jul 18, 2018 03:40:43 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #806: Jul 18, 2018 03:42:14 pm
      because Chelsea would never sell to us and strengthen a direct top 4 rival.

Wouldn’t be so sure. Am I right in remembering there was a fair amount of business going on between them and Arsenal? Let Matic go to the Mancs too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #807: Jul 18, 2018 03:42:37 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #808: Jul 18, 2018 03:44:57 pm
      Wouldn’t be so sure. Am I right in remembering there was a fair amount of business going on between them and Arsenal? Let Matic go to the Mancs too.
      They sold us Sturridge, they owe us.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #809: Jul 18, 2018 03:49:13 pm
      I risk myself to get even more minus points here, but look lads, I know everyone is excited, but Alisson, while he seems to have some double saves in him every now and then, his habit of not pushing the ball out of play can cost dearly. Let's hope Jürgen can push him to be even better.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #810: Jul 18, 2018 03:51:04 pm
      I risk myself to get even more minus points here, but look lads, I know everyone is excited, but Alisson, while he seems to have some double saves in him every now and then, his habit of not pushing the ball out of play can cost dearly. Let's hope Jürgen can push him to be even better.
      Minus points cannot be given anymore. If they were I'd have a forum record for the amount of people I've argued with.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #811: Jul 18, 2018 03:51:05 pm
      Over the moon!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #812: Jul 18, 2018 03:51:55 pm
      So... am I the only one who feels sorry for Karius? :(

Sorry mate, but yes! I know you always back me but I can't back you on this one :/
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #813: Jul 18, 2018 03:52:01 pm

But Courtois is top 5 in his position, i don't think Matic is at his. If they get rid of Kante tomorrow, a top player at his position, i don't think it'd be to a top 4 rival in the PL, in my opinion.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #814: Jul 18, 2018 03:52:21 pm

The only relevant question is whether or not he is better than our current goalies and the answer to that is an overwhelming HELL YES.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #815: Jul 18, 2018 03:52:22 pm
      Minus points don't exist anymore.

Ouch...am I that out of date with this forum?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #816: Jul 18, 2018 03:53:09 pm
      Minus points cannot be given anymore. If they were I'd have a forum record for the amount of people I've argued with.

It would be between you and me I think :-)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #817: Jul 18, 2018 03:53:46 pm

You're about 5 years too late :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #818: Jul 18, 2018 03:54:15 pm
      Sorry mate, but yes! I know you always back me but I can't back you on this one :/
      I feel sorry for Woodburn and Brewster when we exit League cup with  Calamity Karius  :f_tongueincheek:

I do feel sorry for him a little bit.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #819: Jul 18, 2018 03:54:49 pm

F**k, gee...! :D
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #820: Jul 18, 2018 04:01:13 pm

This transfer is far from a home run for Liverpool. We have seen plenty of games from Alisson where he makes plenty of mistakes and they will continue with us, so as long as people realize we're getting a good / solid goalie and not a top, world-class one, he should meet expectations.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #821: Jul 18, 2018 04:01:54 pm
      Here's the deal...

I have no idea if he's a good keeper at all. £66mill is a boat load of cash so he has a lot of pressure on him to do well. It just seems a lot of money for a man who was Szczęsny's understudy a year ago...

Would love someone who watches Serie A to spread a little positivity on him my way.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #822: Jul 18, 2018 04:04:00 pm

Lets hope he doesn't have a bruise on his knee...…. :f_whistle:
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #823: Jul 18, 2018 04:06:28 pm
      Here's the deal...

I have no idea if he's a good keeper at all. £66mill is a boat load of cash so he has a lot of pressure on him to do well. It just seems a lot of money for a man who was Szczęsny's understudy a year ago...

Would love someone who watches Serie A to spread a little positivity on him my way.

Seria A is slower and less physical, so doing well there does not necessarily mean it will translate to the PL. Apparently Alisson is someone Klopp had his eye on for a while (per an article i read on the Echo) so i guess that's why he was willing to be bent over the barrel by Roma and pay that kind of coin for a guy with 1 good season in a lesser league.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #824: Jul 18, 2018 04:08:02 pm
      Here's the deal...

Don't watch much Serie A, but I reckon Bobby thinks it's a good deal ;)

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #825: Jul 18, 2018 04:08:05 pm
      Not my money and it will be a relief not to have to put up with the two clowns we have currently in the ranks.

Both of them can go for me and Ward can step up as deputy.

Absolute sh*te the pair of them and if nothing else it's nice to see problem areas being addressed.

From the youtube clips he pushes the ball back into danger but surely for that coin he has greatness in him. I'm willing to place my trust in the scouts here.

Our squad all of a sudden looks very strong.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #826: Jul 18, 2018 04:09:27 pm
      So - how long until this all goes south and we can go back to being really bitter about the transfer window..? Surely, a new keeper as well as Keita, Fabinho, Fekir (potentially), Tah (potientially) & Shaqiri will represent a the best window ever for us?
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #827: Jul 18, 2018 04:10:21 pm
      Here's the deal...

by the way, assuming this goes through, i wonder how deep under their rock will those "we have a 30M budget / we can only buy when we sell" people be hiding?  :lmao:

Quick Reply