Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Transfer Deadline day - happy with our business?

Read 10751 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Transfer Deadline day - happy with our business?
      Reply #23: Jan 31, 2018 03:39:52 pm
      You're not biased at all :roll:

Coutinho who scored had a hand in a third of our goal would not be a loss yet Sanchez for them will.. as new signings Mkhitaryan and Aubemeyang are unknown quantities yet VVD will ''save us a lot of goals''.. they've also kept they're main creative outlet Ozil paying him 350k/week.. I'd say Arsenal showed more ambition than us this window and made the best of a shitty situation.

Of course I'm biased, I'm a fan of Liverpool FC.

BTW I never said that Coutinho would not be a loss, I just said that the acquisition of VVD more than compensated for it overall for the team. I'd love to know where the stat is that Coutinho was involved in 33% of our goals, did he really have that many assists and goals??
      As for Arsenal I think they have strengthened but both Miki and Aubama have big big question marks hanging over them and Ozil is just a mercenary f**ker, same as Sanchez, but he is good, I'll admit that.

Kopite78
      Reply #24: Jan 31, 2018 03:57:51 pm
      Of course I'm biased, I'm a fan of Liverpool FC.

BTW I never said that Coutinho would not be a loss, I just said that the acquisition of VVD more than compensated for it overall for the team. I'd love to know where the stat is that Coutinho was involved in 33% of our goals, did he really have that many assists and goals??
      As for Arsenal I think they have strengthened but both Miki and Aubama have big big question marks hanging over them and Ozil is just a mercenary f**ker, same as Sanchez, but he is good, I'll admit that.

Coutinho had 10 goals 10 assists when he left

So massive hole yes
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #25: Jan 31, 2018 04:16:04 pm
      It's been a sh*te window. We are so far behind the leading pack it is frightening. We need a goalkeeper, a centre back, a right back, 2 central mifielders (yes, after all the midfielders we've bought in the last decade) and a striker.

Had we not sold Coutinho we would not have signed van Dijk. Coutinho wanted to go and i accept that, but to let him go midway through a Champions League campaign and league season could be the biggest mistake they have made. If we fail to make top four this Season then the Coutinho sale will be put around our necks like a hangman's noose.

When we are looking for someone to break down the teams that set up as defensively compact as possible then i don't see Henderson, Can, Milner, Wijnaldum or Ox opening them up.

It has been pointed out that we have the net spend of a relegation side and that cannot be good. It's nice that they've expanded the stadium and invested in the academies, facilities etc. Ultimately though, it is the squad that needs major investment.

Klopp is a brilliant manager but there is only so much he can squeeze out of the resources made available to him. No manager in the world can consistently keep a team performing at a level greater than the sum of it's parts. I'll give Klopp another Season after this and he'll F**k off of his own accord, he won't put up with this for much longer.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #26: Jan 31, 2018 04:19:30 pm
      It's been a sh*te window. We are so far behind the leading pack it is frightening. We need a goalkeeper, a centre back, a right back, 2 central mifielders (yes, after all the midfielders we've bought in the last decade) and a striker.

Had we not sold Coutinho we would not have signed van Dijk. Coutinho wanted to go and i accept that, but to let him go midway through a Champions League campaign and league season could be the biggest mistake they have made. If we fail to make top four this Season then the Coutinho sale will be put around our necks like a hangman's noose.

When we are looking for someone to break down the teams that set up as defensively compact as possible then i don't see Henderson, Can, Milner, Wijnaldum or Ox opening them up.

It has been pointed out that we have the net spend of a relegation side and that cannot be good. It's nice that they've expanded the stadium and invested in the academies, facilities etc. Ultimately though, it is the squad that needs major investment.

Klopp is a brilliant manager but there is only so much he can squeeze out of the resources made available to him. No manager in the world can consistently keep a team performing at a level greater than the sum of it's parts. I'll give Klopp another Season after this and he'll f**k off of his own accord, he won't put up with this for much longer.

Spot on.

I haven't been happy with transfer windows since these fuckwits became our owners.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #27: Jan 31, 2018 04:25:55 pm
      I’m not happy with the window - everybody on here knows my thoughts re VVD / Naby in exchange for Cou as I’ve been saying that’s how it was since July.

Had we signed VVD OR Naby Cou would’ve been gone in Summer. The inability to accelerate either of those is what makes this seem even worse.

I’m sick of that mentality in upper eschalons - it’s clear they are not prepared to invest to the levels a club of this size must consistently. Please nobody mention Spurs they’re not comparable on any level other than the fact they win F**k all too.

BUT

I am consistent and I do think we’re ultimately stronger with Virgil and without Cou. As the team settles again post window that’ll become clearer.

Just my opinion - I’ve been wrong once or twice too ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Jan 31, 2018 04:30:16 pm
      Coutinho had 10 goals 10 assists when he left

So massive hole yes

Well VVD has already got 1 goal, only another 9 to go and then 10 times where he stops a goal scoring opportunity and we are good ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Jan 31, 2018 04:31:26 pm
      Spot on.

I haven't been happy with transfer windows since these fuckwits became our owners.

So you were happy with Transfer windows under TPO (The Previous Owners)??
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #30: Jan 31, 2018 04:52:48 pm
      Another sh*t transfer window, becoming the norm under out skin flint owners
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31: Jan 31, 2018 05:40:23 pm
      Coutinho wanted to go,VVD wanted to become a Liverpool player, happy with one going and the other one arriving..... Here is where I am not happy...

It has dawned on me that Solanke was not a good buy for us. and yes some of you out there are going to come out with the usual " He is only young" and he "Needs time" thing, but watching him he does not fit the style we are playing, that's not down to him, but it is how ever the truth.I believe Everton's Calvert-Lewin would have been a better buy for us...

Sturridge's injuries have taken their toll and he is not the players he once was and should have been sold
      Ings, have not really seen enough of him in a Liverpool shirt to call that one.

We needed and front man in this window and given the style we play Javier Hernandez would have fitted in perfectly... Some here will say that he was poor for West ham, nut the hammers do not play the way we do, and I would remind those people that Benteke was scoring for fun at Villa, struggled to do so at Liverpool and is scoring again at Palace... Forlan struggled at Utd, Keane LFC/Spurs etc... If not Hernandez and front man none the less...

The Coutinho money was spent (allocated) before we had it (Keita and VVD) it was just about how much of it would go on the latter

This could have been a good window, but once again it is more of a missed opportunity coupled with FSG unwillingness to really invest in the club and to show some real ambition in wanting to sign quality players...  Lucas Moura, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Olivier Giroud, Riyad Mahrez, Mesut Ozil where all possibilities

Another disappointing window

Edit:- Sorry forgot spunked £40 on the Ox when we could have used Ovie Ejaria or Sheyi Ojo instead
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2018 05:48:37 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32: Jan 31, 2018 06:33:56 pm
      No.

Delighted we signed vvd. But how much of an impact do ee expect when whats beside him behind him and in front of him ardnt up to standard.

Sold our best player and done nothi g to replace him.

Were in the last 16 of a winnable champions league and have let slip chances to improve.

No transfer value in Jan you hear. Look at Spurs getting Moura for 25 million...come on.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33: Jan 31, 2018 06:38:27 pm
      I believe Everton's Calvert-Lewin would have been a better buy for us...

Just saying, I'd rather re-sign Charlie Adam over that cheating sh*t evertonian c**t, but I get what you mean!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #34: Jan 31, 2018 07:19:20 pm
      Every one has strengthened, we have lost our best player replaced a a defender we're lost in the Summer ( Sakho) hadly shows ambition dose it
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #35: Jan 31, 2018 07:37:56 pm
      Every one has strengthened, we have lost our best player replaced a a defender we're lost in the Summer ( Sakho) hadly shows ambition dose it
      dose  :f_doh:
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #36: Jan 31, 2018 07:39:17 pm
      Absolutely ecstatic Bogdan and Markovic are still here
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Jan 31, 2018 07:44:06 pm
      Only reason we might be okay is Arsenal are 8 points behind and Spurs have a tough fixture list. Thanks to an awful window we need United to win tonight really... That's something sickening.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #38: Jan 31, 2018 07:44:51 pm
      Only reason we might be okay is Arsenal are 8 points behind and Spurs have a tough fixture list. Thanks to an awful window we need United to win tonight really... That's something sickening.

Or they draw and Spurs get a couple of injuries!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #39: Jan 31, 2018 08:32:22 pm
      Unluckily Spurs are 2 up
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #40: Jan 31, 2018 08:34:21 pm

Maybe but it should be down to what we do not others, lack of ambition in the transfer market might cost us dearly
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41: Jan 31, 2018 08:45:57 pm
      Absolutely ecstatic Bogdan and Markovic are still here

Need to get Columbo on the case ... find out how the f**k Markotit is still on the books
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42: Jan 31, 2018 08:51:12 pm
      Boosted our defence, weakened our attack. It's hardly been fantastic work there.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #43: Jan 31, 2018 08:55:52 pm
      The Grauniad is saying Ozil is about to sign a new £350k a week deal with the Arse.

FSG are still high fiving each other at getting Sturridge and Coutinho's wages off the books. ( Fair enough in Sturridge's case, I suppose).

Nah, this window has revealed the usual FSG pattern of cutting corners and hoping to get away with it. We are left keeping our fingers crossed on injuries as usual. ( And still no goalie either.)

If we didn't have a replacement for Coutinho ( didn't even have to  be direct replacement, could have been a striker), we shouldn't have let him go til the summer, simple as that. Wouldn't have even cost us much, as Barca would still have paid big money. Small time mentality from FSG, just couldn't wait for the cash. They don't seem to learn.

Started off a good window, turned into another disappointing one.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #44: Jan 31, 2018 08:59:50 pm
      I’m not sure the inactivity is all down to owners.
      Something tells me Jürgen will not dive in for big names with huge fees if they don’t perfectly fit what he requires. Seems he has players in mind, who he knows wouldn’t be cleared to move from their current clubs, so is preparrd to wait until he can get them.
      If he did settle for a lesser alternative, for the sake of getting players in, he’d be slaughtered.
      That’s clear from previous managers transfer actions.
      I’m happy that we’re building, slow as it is, with players Klopp wants, and not players he has to make do with.
      I’d be made up if we’d got 2 or 3 top drawer players in this window, if it’s players Klopp wants.
      Our target once again will be a top 4 finish, a couple more ‘wanted’ players in during the summer, and press on next season.
      He did say, he only wants players who really want to play for the club,
      So that’s limiting choices. Anything else and you get the Coutinho, Suarez, Mascherano, Torres situation!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #45: Jan 31, 2018 09:03:28 pm
      I’m not sure the inactivity is all down to owners.
      Something tells me Jürgen will not dive in for big names with huge fees if they don’t perfectly fit what he requires. Seems he has players in mind, who he knows wouldn’t be cleared to move from their current clubs, so is preparrd to wait until he can get them.
      If he did settle for a lesser alternative, for the sake of getting players in, he’d be slaughtered.
      That’s clear from previous managers transfer actions.
      I’m happy that we’re building, slow as it is, with players Klopp wants, and not players he has to make do with.
      I’d be made up if we’d got 2 or 3 top drawer players in this window, if it’s players Klopp wants.
      Our target once again will be a top 4 finish, a couple more ‘wanted’ players in during the summer, and press on next season.
      He did say, he only wants players who really want to play for the club,
      So that’s limiting choices. Anything else and you get the Coutinho, Suarez, Mascherano, Torres situation!

If he wants players who only want to play for this club then he needs to scout the F**k out of merseyside, the uk and Ireland. Anywhere else and yes youll get players whod love to play cor Liverpool as well as barce Madrid munich milan paris etc etc

Quick Reply