Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Transfer Deadline day - happy with our business?

Read 10911 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Transfer Deadline day - happy with our business?
      Reply #69: Jan 31, 2018 10:46:53 pm
      I never said panic buys. Klopp didn't want Salah, he wanted to wait for the one he wanted. The TC pushed Salah on him and we all know how that's turned out. Right now he's taking a huge gamble with the club's future by weakening the squad at a time that everyone we're competing against is strengthening. As I said, Klopp's intransigence is not necessarily in the best interests of the club.
      That is why it is good we have a director of football now. As much as FSG are stingy, Klopp can't be 100% trusted on making the right call. Look how our goalkeeping situation has unfolded.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #70: Jan 31, 2018 10:47:16 pm
      We obviously knew Coutinho was going when we signed Kieta, we probably thought it would have been in the summer though. We knew exactly when Coutinho was going when signing VVD. We have not even paid for Kieta yet, that is something that will be done in the summer of 2018.

You don't have a single shred of evidence to back up those claims. You think RBL said 'just give us the money next year'... Doubt it.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #71: Jan 31, 2018 10:49:28 pm
      That is why it is good we have a director of football now. As much as FSG are stingy, Klopp can't be 100% trusted on making the right call. Look how our goalkeeping situation has unfolded.

Except we don’t.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #72: Jan 31, 2018 10:51:17 pm
      You don't have a single shred of evidence to back up those claims. You think RBL said 'just give us the money next year'... Doubt it.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41075272

The Reds have agreed to pay the £48m release clause that will allow the 22-year-old to move next summer, plus an undisclosed premium.

This sentence states when it will be paid. The final amount is based on if Leipzig qualify for champions league.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-forced-pay-even-more-11693796

If they don’t finish in a European spot, Liverpool will hand over £57million. If the German upstarts finish in a Europa League spot, that figure rises to £62m and if they make the top four for the second year running and return to the Champions League, then Liverpool will hand over £66million.

More evidence we have not paid anything for Keita yet.
      I am wondering if Keita will need another medical before he becomes a Liverpool player.
      If you think we made Keita and VVD signing without knowing Coutinho's fate because it is what we are being told by the club, it is naive.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2018 11:00:26 pm by Ribapuru »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,236 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #73: Jan 31, 2018 11:02:55 pm

The Reds have agreed to pay the £48m release clause that will allow the 22-year-old to move next summer, plus an undisclosed premium.

This sentence states when it will be paid. The final amount is based on if Leipzig qualify for champions league.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-forced-pay-even-more-11693796

If they don’t finish in a European spot, Liverpool will hand over £57million. If the German upstarts finish in a Europa League spot, that figure rises to £62m and if they make the top four for the second year running and return to the Champions League, then Liverpool will hand over £66million.

I am wondering if Keita will need another medical before he becomes a Liverpool player.
      If you thing we made Keita and VVD signing without knowing Coutinho's fate because it is what we are being told by the club, it is naive.

Of corse he will need another medical. Wrre owned by a bunch of minges over the time they have owned us even Everton have out spent us cu*ts
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #74: Jan 31, 2018 11:05:57 pm
      Of corse he will need another medical. Wrre owned by a bunch of minges over the time they have owned us even Everton have out spent us cu*ts
      In that case, there is no guarantee he will ever be a Liverpool player. No final medical and not paid for yet.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #75: Jan 31, 2018 11:11:50 pm

If you think we made Keita and VVD signing without knowing Coutinho's fate because it is what we are being told by the club, it is naive.

Incorrect.

These articles only show the differences in final price, both highlight a 'premium' that has been paid plus the activation of a release clause. The additional fees have not been paid yet because they are by their nature, additional.

Look Rip we go through this song and dance every few months, you harp on and on, then I'm right, I point out I'm right and you go quiet not willing to admit fault so let's just skip to the last part now ok.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #76: Jan 31, 2018 11:16:03 pm

Did you ever notice that in every post within every thread you say the exact same thing?

I think we get the point.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #77: Jan 31, 2018 11:26:31 pm
      Amazing how the people that run the club have had nothing to do with how much we spend! It's always the managers that choose to not strengthen apparently!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #78: Jan 31, 2018 11:29:35 pm
      This is the first I've seen about Klopp not wanting Salah

I don’t think they pushed Mo on him - I think he wasn’t his first choice but when that wasn’t possible he was prepared to make this compromise based on
      the intel and despite earlier reservations.

For me your hypothesis doesn’t work or we would be signing more not less, just lower quality.

Klopp didn't think he had what it took to be a success in the Premier League. The TC persuaded him to go with him on this. I'm very surprised you haven't heard it Mag, it's become a well known anecdote.  The point is, there is precedent for the club not acquiescing to Klopp's intransigence on players, and they should have exerted similar pressure again this season in order to ensure we could maintain momentum, even if the player was a short term solution. Remember the impact Garry Mac had in the 2000-2001 season?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #79: Jan 31, 2018 11:36:03 pm
      Klopp didn't want Salah, he wanted to wait for the one he wanted. The TC pushed Salah on him

Why would the TC push a player onto the manager when they weren't prepared to do a deal for that player a few years ago at a fraction of the cost when he fell right in line with their transfer strategy? Yet people say FSG are all about not spending money.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #80: Jan 31, 2018 11:46:15 pm

Klopp didn't think he had what it took to be a success in the Premier League. The TC persuaded him to go with him on this. I'm very surprised you haven't heard it Mag, it's become a well known anecdote.  The point is, there is precedent for the club not acquiescing to Klopp's intransigence on players, and they should have exerted similar pressure again this season in order to ensure we could maintain momentum, even if the player was a short term solution. Remember the impact Garry Mac had in the 2000-2001 season?

Is there any evidence of that? All well and good saying it but I'd need to see some pretty compelling evidence.

And yes, it worked a treat then but unfortunately for every G Mac there seems to be a Markovic, Aspas or Balotelli.

I just don't think short term is Klopp's style either.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #81: Jan 31, 2018 11:47:31 pm
      Would have liked us to have found the next Luis Suarez but it's not the end of the world.

Most players take a while to settle in anyway.  Look at Chamberlain - knackered for the first few months because he'd never trained as hard.  Similar thing is happening with van Dijk.  Probably won't start to see the best out of him till next season.

The idea that we just spend xxM on a player and they hit the ground running is not in keeping with reality most of the time.  How did Alexis Sanchez help United tonight?  You might get lucky for a player in the same league - but an overseas player adapting to a new country within weeks while living in hotels.  It happens very rarely.

We can all be pissed off at the owners for not spending and they will certainly face questions in the summer (and deserve to) - but who's moved that you would have really wanted at Liverpool?  None of the deals elsewhere have had me crying that we're missing out.

As for Coutinho - great player - but astonishing price which if used like we've used some of our money (£8M Robertson, £35M Salah) could have a big impact. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #82: Feb 01, 2018 12:31:18 am
      I never said panic buys. Klopp didn't want Salah, he wanted to wait for the one he wanted. The TC pushed Salah on him and we all know how that's turned out. Right now he's taking a huge gamble with the club's future by weakening the squad at a time that everyone we're competing against is strengthening. As I said, Klopp's intransigence is not necessarily in the best interests of the club.

5 times, do you want to share with us, the source of this pretty personal information you have on Jurgens preferred players. I'd be interested to hear who actually "told you" Klopp didn't want Salah.
       It was in the press, saw it on sky news,Its general knowledge,  fat bloke down the pub told me, isn't good enough.
      Where did you get this inside information. I want more.   :confused-smiley-013:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #83: Feb 01, 2018 12:52:23 am
      This is the first I've seen about Klopp not wanting Salah

Went after Brandt first, when he knocked us back Salah was suggested.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #84: Feb 01, 2018 02:22:42 am
      So did we win the net spend trophy again!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #85: Feb 01, 2018 02:31:24 am
      So we weakened our Team whilst everyone around us strengthened. Great plan!! 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #86: Feb 01, 2018 04:09:59 am
      This is Klopps Style.

Klopp: Hey FSG, that Lucas Moura looks good. I think the fans would appreciate that signing, just 25m of the Coutinho money.
      FSG: You know the Coutinho money went on Kieta, VVD.
      Klopp: There's still a bit left over
      FSG: I would sanction it but Lallana has just came off the injury list, don't forget we purchased an iPad for you.
      Klopp: How am I going to tell the fans
      FSG: Just say we have all the players we need and remind them of Lallana, also tell the fans you have a list of players on your iPad.
      Klopp: Can we buy any of the players from the list?
      FSG: We will think about Moura if Salah is sold.

Meanwhile somewhere south of Anfield:

Pochettino: Hey.. I heard Klopp wanted Moura but FSG wouldn't buy him.
      ENIC: Snap him up.

;D, using Spurs as a comparison, you do realise they have the lowest transfer spend of Any prem club don't you, way less than us!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #87: Feb 01, 2018 06:28:24 am
      people still too scared of other teams, talking about them constantly. look how good our squad is, i'm not worried
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #88: Feb 01, 2018 09:07:41 am
      people still too scared of other teams, talking about them constantly. look how good our squad is, i'm not worried
      Personally speaking I'm not worried either about other teams as I've only ever had concern for the reds,but what does scare the F**k out of me is squad depletion through injuries especially to key players,yeah I know injuries are par for the course but I just feel we are a a bit light if the likes of mo,Bobby or mane get injured.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #89: Feb 01, 2018 09:09:54 am
      Probably a 4/10 for me.

Made things tricky for ourselves this season but also left ourselves with an awful lot of work to do next summer if we want to be up there challenging City for the title.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #90: Feb 01, 2018 09:13:34 am
      ;D, using Spurs as a comparison, you do realise they have the lowest transfer spend of Any prem club don't you, way less than us!
      Not since Coutinho Sale. We are negative Netspend even if you average it over last 5 years. The Spurs v Liverpool figures were outdated pre sale.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #91: Feb 01, 2018 09:47:33 am
      So did we win the net spend trophy again!

Depends. Did Southampton buy anyone?

Quick Reply