Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The remainder of the 2017-18 campaign

Read 20886 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: The remainder of the 2017-18 campaign
      Reply #69: Mar 31, 2018 05:43:52 pm
      Personally, I would rather have Chelsea to qualify for Champions League.  The reason being that if they play without Champions League they have a unfair advantage in the league.   They have quality and still have Abrahamovic's cheque book, be it it hasn't seen much ink of late.  Spurs on the other hand can not afford to not qualify for CL.  I think a lot of players may want to jump ship if they don't qualify.  I think it will be very upsetting for their squad and will cause damage.

As for us we are doing alright we need to get top 4 it would be nice to get 2nd.  But we are surely in a brilliant position to qualify.   I'm not overly bothered because if Spurs win it will be a mountain for Chelsea to climb.  I just feel though that if we can get a few good players in the summer we might make a fight for the title next season.   And Chelsea without CL will be very dangerous.  And Spurs are getting really cocky, No CL for them will hurt and will damage them.  How much is anyones guess?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #70: Mar 31, 2018 07:00:03 pm
      Personally, I would rather have Chelsea to qualify for Champions League.  The reason being that if they play without Champions League they have a unfair advantage in the league.   They have quality and still have Abrahamovic's cheque book, be it it hasn't seen much ink of late.  Spurs on the other hand can not afford to not qualify for CL.  I think a lot of players may want to jump ship if they don't qualify.  I think it will be very upsetting for their squad and will cause damage.

As for us we are doing alright we need to get top 4 it would be nice to get 2nd.  But we are surely in a brilliant position to qualify.   I'm not overly bothered because if Spurs win it will be a mountain for Chelsea to climb.  I just feel though that if we can get a few good players in the summer we might make a fight for the title next season.   And Chelsea without CL will be very dangerous.  And Spurs are getting really cocky, No CL for them will hurt and will damage them.  How much is anyones guess?

Chelsea without CL will be Chelsea with EL! Thats more workload and probably means Hazard and Courtois off to Real. Best scenario for tomorrow would be a draw or Spurs win
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #71: Mar 31, 2018 07:04:04 pm
      So, what is the best result for us from Chelsea-Spurs tomorrow?

Ordinarily I hope for a draw from these, but I think I like the idea of Spurs winning and us being 10 points ahead of 5th-placed Chelsea at this point of the season. Particularly with us still having to go to Stamford Bridge and no Champions League placement difference between 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Yeah, Spurs win, but also, kids/fringe vs Everton if our City home game goes to plan? :O
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #72: Mar 31, 2018 07:18:59 pm
      If we're not too bothered about finishing above Spurs then them winning tomorrow would be the best scenario. Leaves us with a decent gap to Chelsea meaning we can afford a slip up or two away at Goodison/Stamford Bridge.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #73: Mar 31, 2018 07:31:34 pm
      Chelsea without CL will be Chelsea with EL! Thats more workload and probably means Hazard and Courtois off to Real. Best scenario for tomorrow would be a draw or Spurs win

I don't know the ins and outs of Chelsea it does seem they have put their foot off the gas in investments.  But Abramovic is still there!   His cheque book is still in his pocket.  He can full fill his players dreams by giving them sacks of money.  Chelsea are not a normal Club it depends on how much the owner wants it.   With Spurs it can crack their squad.  I think there will be players that will want to move this summer. 

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #74: Mar 31, 2018 07:43:30 pm
      I don't know the ins and outs of Chelsea it does seem they have put their foot off the gas in investments.  But Abramovic is still there!   His cheque book is still in his pocket.  He can full fill his players dreams by giving them sacks of money.  Chelsea are not a normal Club it depends on how much the owner wants it.   With Spurs it can crack their squad.  I think there will be players that will want to move this summer.
      Yeah it is a good point, Chelsea outside the top four will bounce back, Spurs could freefall.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #75: Mar 31, 2018 07:50:11 pm
      Tough game to predict tomorrow.
      Draw.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #76: Mar 31, 2018 09:43:27 pm
      If we're not too bothered about finishing above Spurs then them winning tomorrow would be the best scenario. Leaves us with a decent gap to Chelsea meaning we can afford a slip up or two away at Goodison/Stamford Bridge.

This all day for me. Spurs win or draw suits us down to the ground
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #77: Apr 01, 2018 12:01:10 am
      10 more Wins to go ...Comeeeeonnnnnnn
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #78: Apr 01, 2018 12:03:50 am
      10 more Wins to go ...Comeeeeonnnnnnn

11!!!!!!!!!! I want us to win the 6th!!!!!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #79: Apr 01, 2018 12:13:30 am

My sh*t Maths, yes 11 it is , thought we had played 33 League Games for some reason.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #80: Apr 01, 2018 04:08:21 am
      10 wins and a draw.  :P
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #81: Apr 01, 2018 11:56:15 am
      The sweet poetry of City beating the Scum and getting the title ... right in their faces.

The Scum dropping the points in that game.

We come 2nd.

Karma.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 763 
      Reply #82: Apr 01, 2018 11:59:33 am
      The sweet poetry of City beating the Scum and getting the title ... right in their faces.

The Scum dropping the points in that game.

We come 2nd.

Karma.

It could be reality, or wishful thinking. We will soon see next weekend.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #83: Apr 01, 2018 12:27:35 pm

Draw for me, both are our rivals so gaining two points on both is good for us,

Abramovich will no doubt be waving his Roubles once their new manager takes the helm, not too worried about them, Spuds on the other hand are a club moving forward, they are on the threshold of a new massive ground with revenues to match if not better ours, they have a young hungry squad with ambition, a owner who will back them unconditionally, a very good manager in Pochettino, i truly believe they are becoming quite a force and will be the main side in London imo,

Can't see why player's at Spuds would want to move on next season when they could be part of a new exciting  era for them ?

We're going to have some very interesting encounters with them in the not to distant future me thinks !!

Back to us, with only chavs away as a possible F**k up(we have a small shitty side next week to beat first) our final league position is down to us, on current form we should go on to the end unbeaten and that's all we can hope for,  dropping a point here or there won't be the end of the planet however cos finishing 4th for me is a minimum we can expect unless we have a complete disaster of tsunami proportions.

Chavs 1-1 Spuds that'll do me !

YNWA

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #84: Apr 01, 2018 02:54:48 pm
      I’d rather see Chavs win today. They a few points behind us but spuds win their two in hand they go ahead. They lose and they stay behind, they draw, they are within 1. Too close for comfort, creates pressure we don’t need.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      Reply #85: Apr 01, 2018 04:16:34 pm
      I’d rather see Chavs win today. They a few points behind us but spuds win their two in hand they go ahead. They lose and they stay behind, they draw, they are within 1. Too close for comfort, creates pressure we don’t need.

Agreed.

I think that will suit us better if chelsea win. That will create a gap between us and them, not a big one but still better.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #86: Apr 01, 2018 06:46:32 pm
      The Spuds won which pushed the Chavs back 10 points behind us with a game in hand.

Not the perfect result .... but if we are just looking for a top four place that did us no harm at all today.

Like us all though , there is nothing I would love better than to finish top of the Best Of The Rest League.

Our eyes should be on Spurs rather than the Scum.
      As Billy quite rightly put it ...they are , will be and have been our closest rivals of recent times.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #87: Apr 01, 2018 06:49:05 pm
      Not usually one to look ahead past the next game but we can wrap up Champions League qualification before we play Chelsea. Been more than a few complaints about the teams mental mettle in years gone by, this is certainly a test of it.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #88: Apr 01, 2018 07:42:06 pm
      Well Chelsea are now 10 points behind.  Pepe has come out and said that he will give our game 100%, not going to get distracted by the derby.   So for us we have virtually guaranteed a top 4 now.   Chelsea will need to win every game till we meet and we will need to drop points.  Let's concentrate on this quarter final.   Come on.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #89: Apr 01, 2018 07:55:30 pm

Can't see why player's at Spuds would want to move on next season when they could be part of a new exciting  era for them ?

YNWA

I think if they didn't get CL then I could see a scenario of players wanting to move.   I mean players generally speaking have 2 main reasons to move money and silverware.   They don't pay well and have not been winning silverware.  They have some very good players even Kane doesn't come across as a Gerrard, I think he will move in the not too distant future, never mind the likes of Eriksons, Rose, dier, Toby.   

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #90: Apr 01, 2018 09:14:23 pm
      10 points ahead of Chavs.
      Would have preferred a Spuds/Chavs draw, but no big deal.
      CL is the priority and we look more likely after today.
      Super goal from Dele Ali, long ball, control, shoot - didn't miss Kane. They are strong side.

Still pissed with our result against Utd.
      Like a F***ing thorn can't pick out, We SHOULD have at least got a point off them negative useless fuckers.
      Still, I guess they don't have the CL to distract them ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #91: Apr 01, 2018 09:37:49 pm
      Assuming Chelsea win all their games, which they won't, then we need 11 points to qualify for the CL.

I think 3 wins from 6 will end up being enough, and possibly 2 if one of them is v Chelsea.

Everton game, weirdly, is possibly an opportunity to rest players? Maybe?

Quick Reply