Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Pre Match : Liverpool v Tottenham : Sunday 4th Feb, 16.30

Read 8802 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre Match : Liverpool v Tottenham : Sunday 4th Feb, 16.30
      Feb 02, 2018 09:10:51 am
      After the Lovren show last time around it's fair to say we owe Spurs one.

This is one of the toughest games of the season as Spurs are a proper football team although I suspect they might sit back a bit and try and hit us on the break with our continued issues in defending and no one better to take advantage than Kane.

Will be interesting to see if Hendo starts as he has only just come back from a long lay off so will he be up to playing two games a week so soon. If not I suspect we may see the same midfield as against City.

There will be periods where we need to defend and I have got to admit as good as Matip looks at bringing the ball out his basic defending has been poor this season. Dilemma who to pick next to VVD!

Don't want to see Migs ever again behind the sticks.

I would go with

Karius
      Gomez
      VVD
      Klavan
      Robertson

Hendo
      Gini
      Ox

Salah
      Mane
      Firmino
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Tottenham : Sunday 4th Feb, 16.30
      Reply #1: Feb 02, 2018 10:04:17 am
      Very tough game to call, we do have a great record against them at home but if we have an off day and they fire on all cylinders then we could be in trouble as we were earlier int he season. If on the other hand we have a great day and they are slightly off form it could be a big result our way. I am however fairly sure there will be goals in this game and I do think we'll win.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,400 posts | 1451 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2: Feb 02, 2018 10:14:01 am
      4-1 to us.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #3: Feb 02, 2018 10:43:19 am
      Hopefully we play like we did against City, bar the last 15 minutes...

Thinking we’ll win 3-1.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #4: Feb 02, 2018 11:17:25 am
      Wow. You lot are very optimistic.

Spurs are playing really well and they just beat that small team in Manchester. It is a proper footballing team.

I am going for 2-2 draw, which I know doesn't help our cause but it is a tough game.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #5: Feb 02, 2018 11:21:24 am
      4-0 Liverpool

My standard prediction now.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Feb 02, 2018 11:33:13 am
      We raise it for the big ones. And this is a big one for us.

Would go with:

Karius
      Gomez Matip VVD Robertson
              Gini Hendo Can
            Salah Firmino Mane

Good to have Hendo back, think he's made a difference.
      VVD, not sure if he is sharp enough yet, but hope he starts.
      Would stick with Matip.
      Mane has done just about enough to get a start.

Need the front three to fire.
      And we'll come under pressure at the back, they are dangerous that end. This is what we spent 75mill for.

Should be looking to stretch away from Spuds and Chavs and close on Manure.
      CMON BOYS!!!!!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,700 posts | 565 
      Reply #7: Feb 02, 2018 11:33:50 am
      Spurs look good, but they never really play well away from home at bigger teams, lets hope this continues.

We have a great record against them at home and I am hoping this continues....would be a great week and recovery from the 2 game wobble.

we would be 5 points clear of them in 4th and only 3 points from 2nd
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #8: Feb 02, 2018 01:16:01 pm
      I think Hendo, Can and Gini is the right midfield choice for this match. Hopefully they can put in a top-level performance, along with the rest of the team. I suppose he may go with Can, Gini and Ox instead, but I think having Alex as an option off the bench would be a good thing Sunday.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #9: Feb 02, 2018 01:23:40 pm
      I can see us winning this 4-2 & Ali to be sent of.

CMON YOU REDMEN :clap:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Feb 02, 2018 03:18:09 pm
      Hopefully we play like we did against City, bar the last 15 minutes...

If could bottle it, would drink it pre match, every match
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #11: Feb 02, 2018 03:51:34 pm
      It's a home game....pencil in a win.

3-1.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #12: Feb 02, 2018 03:58:28 pm
      Liverpool beating Spurs and then enjoying a relatively relaxing 5 point cushion inside the top four does not sound remotely like the Liverpool way of doing an end of season run, on that personal experience basis alone, I don't think we'll get all 3 points.

Both attacks are better than their respective defences so a high scoring draw would be my cards on the table.

Having said that would I take a point right now?  I don't think I would.  Even if they beat us I'd still fancy our chances in the remaining games.

Anyway, at least it's the last game of the weekend so we can all enjoy Saturday and Sunday morning!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #13: Feb 02, 2018 03:59:34 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #14: Feb 02, 2018 04:01:12 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

We need this so much. It is a cup final. We need to be at least in Champions League.
      ruthcity

• 6,917 posts | 1476 
      Reply #15: Feb 02, 2018 04:06:08 pm
      Midfield better stay nice and tight. Win all possession back. Defence stays back to sweep up lose balls. Leave the offense to our attack. We shouldn’t concede and we will score.

Anyone from Melwood knows how training has been going on these past few days? Is their play tracking according to Klopp’s standards?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Feb 02, 2018 04:13:15 pm
      Both attacks are better than their respective defences so a high scoring draw would be my cards on the table.

Only saw the MOTD highlights but thought Loris for Spuds made a few decent saves vs. Manure. He looks in decent form.
      Just hope Karius can step up if needed, he's looked confident recently, without having a whole lot to do.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2800 
      Reply #17: Feb 02, 2018 04:14:22 pm
      They've been very poor away from home at the big teams - 3 defeats and scored just a consolation goal at Man City so time for us to right a wrong from that awful performance at Wembley.

Midfield the interesting area really, on paper it's a game made for Ox and Gini but in fairness the three that played on Tuesday did really well.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #18: Feb 02, 2018 04:15:31 pm

Spurs are playing really well and they just beat that small team in Manchester. It is a proper footballing team.

I am going for 2-2 draw, which I know doesn't help our cause but it is a tough game.

You are pessimistic maybe?

These lot never turn up at Anfield so lets raise the heat and burn them!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #19: Feb 02, 2018 04:16:41 pm
      Midfield better stay nice and tight. Win all possession back. Defence stays back to sweep up lose balls. Leave the offense to our attack. We shouldn’t concede and we will score.

Anyone from Melwood knows how training has been going on these past few days? Is their play tracking according to Klopp’s standards?
      Is this a serious question???  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #20: Feb 02, 2018 06:19:36 pm

A bit negative, if we our first XI doesn't make an impact we have Danny Ings! nothing to worry about.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21: Feb 02, 2018 06:20:51 pm
      Same attitude as with city, put these fuckers to the sword and put a marker down, get at them and they will crumble, but let them get a foot hold it will be very difficult to win,
      I like Spuds, they way they play , they are a very good side, but we are better and if we're all honest if we are on our game we can beat anyone...

...and i mean anyone !  Up next its Spuds

Karius
                 Gomez  Matip VVD Robertson
                          Oxlade Emre Gini
                        Salah   Firmino  Mane

Bench ;  Ward, Trent, Henderson, Milner, Lovren, Ings, Lallana

Like the city game it could be a very tight affair, or so we thought, if we apply the same attitude though we could see a similar result.

3-1 Mighty Redmen

YNWA
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #22: Feb 02, 2018 06:32:39 pm
      Sadio holds the key for me get him sorted we are a different side, he's been a tad unlucky lately plenty effort no cigar.
      Mon The Reds .:kop5cf8koxp6:
      rossyred

• 9,229 posts | 1650 
      Reply #23: Feb 02, 2018 06:41:21 pm
      Lovren or Klavan to combat Kane . Matip would get bullied not strong enough
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Reply #24: Feb 02, 2018 07:00:54 pm
      Sadio holds the key for me get him sorted we are a different side, he's been a tad unlucky lately plenty effort no cigar.
      Mon The Reds .:kop5cf8koxp6:

Except for an absolute worldie against city.

He’s going to bag us a hat-trick I know it!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #25: Feb 02, 2018 08:23:20 pm
      The media along with Prince Harry are telling the world that Tottenham will go to Anfield on Sunday "Full of confidence" after their emphatic win over Man U on Wednesday.. What a load of sh*t !!
      First of all Man U were utter sh*te on Wednesday, even with six forwards on the pitch.The Mancs had no formula to their game whatsoever and that gobs***e Mourinho sat there f**king clueless all night.

There's only one team who has put more than two goals past Tottenham in the league all season and that was Man City just before Christmas binning them 4-1. The only team to put them to the sword and give them a game.
      That's exactly the attitude we need from our lads on Sunday.
      Hit them straight from the off and keep it that way until the final whistle.
      Pochettino won't be coming for a draw he'll play an attacking side which should play right into our hands if Klopp gets the midfield balance right.
      The pace of the game will suit Robertson and Trent more on the flanks.
      Kane, Son and Ali will wonder round and try it on but then so did Agureo and Sterling when they visited us. ;)

Yes, they'll cause us a few problems but If we perform like we did against Man city and not West Brom we'll beat them.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Feb 02, 2018 08:52:46 pm
      I think Hendo, Can and Gini is the right midfield choice for this match.

Hopefully they can put in a top-level performance, along with the rest of the team.

I suppose he may go with Can, Gini and Ox instead, but I think having Alex as an option off the bench would be a good thing Sunday.

No Hendo thanks.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,400 posts | 1451 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: Feb 02, 2018 10:13:36 pm
      I'd have him on, if only to unlock Can for any responsibilities.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #28: Feb 03, 2018 12:45:06 am
      I love sticking it to these London creeps. Back in the day we used to give Spurs a right battering. It was years since they won at Anfield. 1912 thru to 1986 never beat us at Anfield. I'm sure Bill thought they were a bunch of whimps.

I think this game could be easier than most think. Get them on the run and they could crumble. 4-0.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #29: Feb 03, 2018 12:56:34 am
      I love sticking it to these London creeps. Back in the day we used to give Spurs a right battering. It was years since they won at Anfield. 1912 thru to 1986 never beat us at Anfield. I'm sure Bill thought they were a bunch of whimps.

I think this game could be easier than most think. Get them on the run and they could crumble. 4-0.

Yeah, I was sat in the Kemlyn rd when we hammered them 7-0. Ardilles and Villa had just joined from Argentina and the pair of them sh*t themselves that day like a pair of rabbits in the headlights, even Glen Hoddle had a whitey.
      Stevie Highway's first time cross and McDermott's header for the 7th(or was the 6th?) has to be one of the best goals i've ever witnessed at Anfield.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #30: Feb 03, 2018 01:00:02 am

Hendo actually bring a measure of control and structure to the midfield. Can has the license to get forward, Alex will play better with Heno in there. Problem people have with Hendo is they keep expecting him to do stuff that is not his game. He's a mixture of control / playmaker. He won't hit Hollywood balls like Gerrard nor will he score 30 yard screamers in the last 2 minutes but he does bring control, structure to the midfield. Has great energy and creates far more than people actually realise. He spreads the play and never hides.

Not the greatest midfield player but a competitor, grafter and 100% professional.

There's plenty who would've cracked under the pressure and stick this lad has taken here. He won't get any from me and I've seen them here from Gordon Milne to Jordan Henderson.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      Reply #31: Feb 03, 2018 06:35:36 am
      Hendo actually bring a measure of control and structure to the midfield. Can has the license to get forward, Alex will play better with Heno in there. Problem people have with Hendo is they keep expecting him to do stuff that is not his game. He's a mixture of control / playmaker. He won't hit Hollywood balls like Gerrard nor will he score 30 yard screamers in the last 2 minutes but he does bring control, structure to the midfield. Has great energy and creates far more than people actually realise. He spreads the play and never hides.

Not the greatest midfield player but a competitor, grafter and 100% professional.

There's plenty who would've cracked under the pressure and stick this lad has taken here. He won't get any from me and I've seen them here from Gordon Milne to Jordan Henderson.

Some very valid points regarding Henderson mate but for me he goes missing when up against better than him, he reverts to his side to side passing and has to be said, can't wait to get rid of the ball,
      He's a different player up against those of a similar level and can be quite dominant, hence his inconsistency ,
      To be honest he's a better player further forward but we know that's not going to happen under Klopp , for me I'd be sticking with Can, Ox & Gini as our mids, although far from ideal we seen how they dealt with the Citizens and another performance like that would do for me.

YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Feb 03, 2018 09:33:35 am
      The game really depends on control. If we can keep Kane out of the game then there's less chance he can get to our defenders again and bully them like he did at Wembley.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,385 posts | 1457 
      Reply #33: Feb 03, 2018 09:41:04 am
      The game really depends on control. If we can keep Kane out of the game then there's less chance he can get to our defenders again and bully them like he did at Wembley.
      Couldn't bare the thought of these doing the double over us ,they've got some fantastic players in there squad
      Kane as you mentioned son & eriksen the later two being very underrated for me ,saying that they've got a sh*te  record at anfield and I'd like us to keep it that way.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 874 posts | 102 
      Reply #34: Feb 03, 2018 10:49:21 am
      we got City back, now its time to give Spurs a good whupping.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,274 posts | 762 
      Reply #35: Feb 03, 2018 10:51:55 am
      Think this may up a score draw tbh, Tottenham very good in attack. Could well be a score draw, with our attack also in decent form. Although hopefully a win for the Reds.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #36: Feb 03, 2018 11:04:46 am
      Going for a 3-1 win...

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Feb 03, 2018 11:39:23 am
      Think it will be 1-1. Well have 5 shots on target and Spurs 1 shot. We'll all blame Can or the defence.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38: Feb 03, 2018 12:45:10 pm

Some very valid points regarding Henderson mate but for me he goes missing when up against better than him, he reverts to his side to side passing and has to be said, can't wait to get rid of the ball,
      He's a different player up against those of a similar level and can be quite dominant, hence his inconsistency ,
      To be honest he's a better player further forward but we know that's not going to happen under Klopp , for me I'd be sticking with Can, Ox & Gini as our mids, although far from ideal we seen how they dealt with the Citizens and another performance like that would do for me.

YNWA

Fair points about Hendo. Don't think he was playing well before before his layoff - I'd been defending him in the 'Need to talk' topic, and it was getting hard.
      AND we beat City without him.
      But imho he seems to be a bit more positive since coming back. Thought we were better when he came on against WB, and then won against Huddersfield (who in fairness were dogshit).
      I think Jürgen will play him against Spurs, would be surprised if he didn't - but I could also see why he might not be selected.

REALLY looking forward to this. We get up for the big ones.
      Hoping to come out on top in another classic !! :)

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #39: Feb 03, 2018 01:32:15 pm
      Owe these Cockney tw*ts massively after our poor performance at Wembley. Could do with another response from the team similar to that of he City match.

Up the reds!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #40: Feb 03, 2018 02:54:13 pm
      Think it will be 1-1. Well have 5 shots on target and Spurs 1 shot. We'll all blame Can or the defence.

Don't know why watch the game, you seem to get zero enjoyment from it
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2018 03:03:33 pm by Kopite78 »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #41: Feb 03, 2018 02:58:04 pm
      Don't know why watch the game, you seem to zero enjoyment from it

More to the point - seems to despise the manager, team and fans of LFC almost to the point of being gleeful about any prospect of things going wrong.

Weird huh  :confused-smiley-013:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2018 03:09:29 pm
      More to the point - seems to despise the manager, team and fans of LFC almost to the point of being gleeful about any prospect of things going wrong.

Weird huh  :confused-smiley-013:
      I am a realist not an optimist. Draw tomorrow will be okay I think.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2018 03:17:00 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2018 05:09:18 pm
      I am a realist not an optimist. Draw tomorrow will be okay I think.

Alternative realities perhaps.

I see only cause for optimism - in top six head-to-head games  since the appointment of Klopp (you remember how you think of him - teeth / no signings / penchant for dodgy goalies) LFC have won 9 more points than any other top 6 side😮

42 Liverpool
      33 Chelsea
      33 Tottenham
      30 Man City
      29 Man Utd
      22 Arsenal

LFC win for me.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #44: Feb 03, 2018 08:40:02 pm
      If we turn up with the right intensity, hit them hard and fast. Shake them lose early on I think they will crack. Slight problem for me is that Salah seems to be drifting inside. He's far more effectice when he holds his position wide right. He creates havock coming in off that right flank.

More worrying is that Klopp even said in an interveiw that Salah can play more central if needed. Going inside we will get bogged down in traffic. Keep the width, spread the play. I'll be watching Salah closely. If he plays tight inside it will stiffle our play.
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #45: Feb 03, 2018 09:07:30 pm
      Massive, massive game tomorrow. Win and I can see us start to apply some pressure on United lose and 4th is absolutely wide open
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,115 posts | 126 
      Reply #46: Feb 03, 2018 09:27:57 pm
      Everyone needs to turn up tomoz, regardless of the team, and we will put them to the sword.  Spuds are a good side, so if we give them  a chance....... Headlines on Monday,  get it sorted and take it to them, for 90+ mins please
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #47: Feb 03, 2018 09:31:33 pm
      Have not felt like this before a spurs game since they had Adebayor.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #48: Feb 03, 2018 10:31:19 pm
      Citeh dropped points, Mancs win...we have to get the 3 points.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #49: Feb 03, 2018 11:04:08 pm

If we keep a clean sheet you will be the first one on here to tell us how awful the goalie was!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #50: Feb 03, 2018 11:07:41 pm
      Not confident, although feel I should be. Both sides in solid league form.

Just that nagging feeling we won't make this top four run comfortable.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #51: Feb 03, 2018 11:20:55 pm
      Not confident, although feel I should be. Both sides in solid league form.

Just that nagging feeling we won't make this top four run comfortable.

I am getting that feeling want to snap out of it.  But if we beat them tomorrow we go 5 points ahead.  And then they have to pick themselves up against Arsenal who got a confident result today drop points against them and it could be curtains for them both.  We just don't do things that easy these days.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 1077 
      Reply #52: Feb 04, 2018 12:56:21 am
      NB: Team no longer available

We need this so much. It is a cup final. We need to be at least in Champions League.

Exact same line up, but I would have Hendo in the 6 and push Can to attack. I love your mindset. Let’s go all out for this one, BIG GAME. I look to be on here tomorrow afternoon (Mercia time) talking about the 3-2 win. Mane MOTM
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #53: Feb 04, 2018 01:53:30 am
      Sadio at the Double. Hope Kane doesn't score his 100th PL Goal against us, hopefully he can keep that for his next home game.

3-1 for me. We will do this lot.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #54: Feb 04, 2018 04:09:46 am

That’s quite a positive prediction coming from you, you said you had WBA winning 3-1 in the last FA Cup match.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      Reply #55: Feb 04, 2018 07:07:23 am
      Exact same line up, but I would have Hendo in the 6 and push Can to attack. I love your mindset. Let’s go all out for this one, BIG GAME. I look to be on here tomorrow afternoon (Mercia time) talking about the 3-2 win. Mane MOTM

Good out to beat them and God will do the rest or not :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #56: Feb 04, 2018 08:18:10 am
      Most definitely need the win, we moved up to third without kicking a ball, we need to solidify that beating Spurs and putting pressure on Moaninho/UTD.

I’d say I’m not confident but it’s Anfield against a rival, I think we’ll be up for it.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #57: Feb 04, 2018 08:24:11 am
      When we play Spurs at Anfield I always remember a match from the 1960s  when Spurs were winning 2-0 at half time.We came out for the second half and scored 5 to win 5-2,I can still remember Willy Stevenson scoring the first.Willy was a brilliant left half who we bought from Rangers. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,860 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #58: Feb 04, 2018 08:53:28 am
      Sadio at the Double. Hope Kane doesn't score his 100th PL Goal against us, hopefully he can keep that for his next home game.

3-1 for me. We will do this lot.

Kane gets hat trick today.  :f_whistle:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #59: Feb 04, 2018 09:47:57 am
      First game at Anfield, travelled down from Glasgow on Friday, absolutely buzzing for it. Been a tough week personally, could do with a win here today.
      rossyred

• 9,229 posts | 1650 
      Reply #60: Feb 04, 2018 10:17:41 am
      First game at Anfield, travelled down from Glasgow on Friday, absolutely buzzing for it. Been a tough week personally, could do with a win here today.

Enjoy the game and hope it brightens your week up.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      Reply #61: Feb 04, 2018 10:33:57 am
      Got good news that I will be able to watch the game but won't be home for the Live Thread, on you this one :)

We need to win this 6 pointer.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #62: Feb 04, 2018 10:41:23 am
      Lucky sod ;D enjoy Anfield
      Ynwa
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      Reply #63: Feb 04, 2018 10:58:31 am

Enjoy it. I only went once. Good luck mate!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,274 posts | 762 
      Reply #64: Feb 04, 2018 11:01:50 am
      Hope the Reds pull off a needed victory. Although tbh gone for a 2  2 draw in the Prediction League. Obviously would much rather a win later today.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #65: Feb 04, 2018 11:18:56 am
      If we can beat City, we can beat these.
      Need the crowd to make plenty of noise, atmosphere vs City was brilliant.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      Reply #66: Feb 04, 2018 11:28:47 am

Morning Keith,
      Got your obligatory spoon in your hand i notice, but definitely not for stirring your porridge, it must be concerning that once we despatch those Yiddites today we'll be very much breathing down your necks, keep stirring fella your telling us all we need to know ! 😉

YNWA
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,921 posts | 283 
      Reply #67: Feb 04, 2018 12:14:29 pm
      If anyone gets an early goal, this one will be a cracker. I'm backing a goals-fest.
      VVD vs Kane will be interesting. With Henderson back, we look a lot more solid.
      4-2
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #68: Feb 04, 2018 12:32:03 pm
      If he does, Salah will 5. 5-3. I think 1-1 will be likely.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #69: Feb 04, 2018 12:46:00 pm
      Need same level of performance like against City today.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #70: Feb 04, 2018 12:48:19 pm
      Have a feeling we will be on our game today , cmon you reds
      Ynwa
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #71: Feb 04, 2018 12:55:58 pm
      Have a feeling we will be on our game today , cmon you reds
      Ynwa

Have the same feeling.

3-1
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #72: Feb 04, 2018 01:01:05 pm
      BBC did a major suck up job on Pochettino on Saturday Football focus..so we know who they want to win.

I'm going for 4-0 with a Salah hat trick....so there.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #73: Feb 04, 2018 01:21:31 pm
      Spurs play Arsenal away next week, we are away to Southampton, so a win today and a positive day next week could put some serious daylight between us and the London mobs.

Obviously we could screw the whole deal up...but we won't...we might...but we won't...but we could do...look STFU...we won't screw it up....got it...
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #74: Feb 04, 2018 01:24:45 pm
      We must perform like thugs in midfield as most of their offensive is thru the middle.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #75: Feb 04, 2018 01:35:26 pm
      We must perform like thugs in midfield as most of their offensive is thru the middle.

Dele Ali is found of falling over in the area..he has been told to knock it on the head but he still has a dive in him. Eriksen needs watching, he can drift the whole game then do something niffty. Kane obviously but if we go at them with serious intent and get an early goal they will crumble...that is if we defend well enough..
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #76: Feb 04, 2018 01:36:24 pm
      Minute 1, big tackle on Ali, hurt him and wind him up and he will see the red mist and get himself sent off
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #77: Feb 04, 2018 02:02:44 pm
      The way they took apart Man Utd I fear for us unless we bring our "A" game... I would on that basis take a draw... We have on thing in our favor and that is They (Spur) have the north London derby to look forward to next Saturday so may rest a player or two which could work to our advantage... Either way there will be no sitting back in this one
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #78: Feb 04, 2018 02:17:10 pm
      BBC did a major suck up job on Pochettino on Saturday Football focus..so we know who they want to win.

I'm going for 4-0 with a Salah hat trick....so there.

Have to admit I do like Pocchetino.

Very good coach but he'll be on the end of a defeat today.

I've seen a few on Twitter going for Lovren over Matip for the game today.

Personally I'd go Matip/Van Dijk.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3391 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #79: Feb 04, 2018 02:33:21 pm
      Hope the no bobby rumours are bollocks.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #80: Feb 04, 2018 02:39:02 pm

Enjoy mate. Soak it all up.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #81: Feb 04, 2018 02:39:12 pm
      Hope the no bobby rumours are bollocks.
      What are the rumours? I saw the rumour about him being better than Lukaku, but I think that's more than a rumour.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3391 
      Reply #82: Feb 04, 2018 02:47:54 pm
      What are the rumours? I saw the rumour about him being better than Lukaku, but I think that's more than a rumour.

Some girl in a pub
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3391 
      Reply #83: Feb 04, 2018 02:49:59 pm

Apparently it's total bollocks, ox for milner and vvd for lovren
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,860 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #84: Feb 04, 2018 03:05:36 pm

Morning Keith,
      Got your obligatory spoon in your hand i notice, but definitely not for stirring your porridge, it must be concerning that once we despatch those Yiddites today we'll be very much breathing down your necks, keep stirring fella your telling us all we need to know ! 😉

YNWA

Banter before a game is fine billy bob, i never WUM after a match if you  lose  ;) However, yes its a concern your so close.  ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #85: Feb 04, 2018 03:18:19 pm
      Sounds like Klopp got my email.  :f_whistle:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      Reply #86: Feb 04, 2018 03:22:34 pm
      Banter before a game is fine billy bob, i never WUM after a match if you  lose  ;) However, yes its a concern your so close.  ;D

Only 3pts behind after today mate, think we come to your gaff in March, by then tho you'll be looking up our arse 😁

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3391 
      Reply #87: Feb 04, 2018 03:33:57 pm

F**k fk10 i got it badly wrong, will punish myself by watching everton's next tv game

Quick Reply