Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match : Liverpool v Tottenham : Sunday 4th Feb, 16.30

Read 8767 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Tottenham : Sunday 4th Feb, 16.30
      Reply #23: Feb 02, 2018 06:41:21 pm
      Lovren or Klavan to combat Kane . Matip would get bullied not strong enough
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #24: Feb 02, 2018 07:00:54 pm
      Sadio holds the key for me get him sorted we are a different side, he's been a tad unlucky lately plenty effort no cigar.
      Mon The Reds .:kop5cf8koxp6:

Except for an absolute worldie against city.

He’s going to bag us a hat-trick I know it!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #25: Feb 02, 2018 08:23:20 pm
      The media along with Prince Harry are telling the world that Tottenham will go to Anfield on Sunday "Full of confidence" after their emphatic win over Man U on Wednesday.. What a load of sh*t !!
      First of all Man U were utter sh*te on Wednesday, even with six forwards on the pitch.The Mancs had no formula to their game whatsoever and that gobs***e Mourinho sat there f**king clueless all night.

There's only one team who has put more than two goals past Tottenham in the league all season and that was Man City just before Christmas binning them 4-1. The only team to put them to the sword and give them a game.
      That's exactly the attitude we need from our lads on Sunday.
      Hit them straight from the off and keep it that way until the final whistle.
      Pochettino won't be coming for a draw he'll play an attacking side which should play right into our hands if Klopp gets the midfield balance right.
      The pace of the game will suit Robertson and Trent more on the flanks.
      Kane, Son and Ali will wonder round and try it on but then so did Agureo and Sterling when they visited us. ;)

Yes, they'll cause us a few problems but If we perform like we did against Man city and not West Brom we'll beat them.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Feb 02, 2018 08:52:46 pm
      I think Hendo, Can and Gini is the right midfield choice for this match.

Hopefully they can put in a top-level performance, along with the rest of the team.

I suppose he may go with Can, Gini and Ox instead, but I think having Alex as an option off the bench would be a good thing Sunday.

No Hendo thanks.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: Feb 02, 2018 10:13:36 pm
      I'd have him on, if only to unlock Can for any responsibilities.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Feb 03, 2018 12:45:06 am
      I love sticking it to these London creeps. Back in the day we used to give Spurs a right battering. It was years since they won at Anfield. 1912 thru to 1986 never beat us at Anfield. I'm sure Bill thought they were a bunch of whimps.

I think this game could be easier than most think. Get them on the run and they could crumble. 4-0.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #29: Feb 03, 2018 12:56:34 am
      I love sticking it to these London creeps. Back in the day we used to give Spurs a right battering. It was years since they won at Anfield. 1912 thru to 1986 never beat us at Anfield. I'm sure Bill thought they were a bunch of whimps.

I think this game could be easier than most think. Get them on the run and they could crumble. 4-0.

Yeah, I was sat in the Kemlyn rd when we hammered them 7-0. Ardilles and Villa had just joined from Argentina and the pair of them sh*t themselves that day like a pair of rabbits in the headlights, even Glen Hoddle had a whitey.
      Stevie Highway's first time cross and McDermott's header for the 7th(or was the 6th?) has to be one of the best goals i've ever witnessed at Anfield.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #30: Feb 03, 2018 01:00:02 am

Hendo actually bring a measure of control and structure to the midfield. Can has the license to get forward, Alex will play better with Heno in there. Problem people have with Hendo is they keep expecting him to do stuff that is not his game. He's a mixture of control / playmaker. He won't hit Hollywood balls like Gerrard nor will he score 30 yard screamers in the last 2 minutes but he does bring control, structure to the midfield. Has great energy and creates far more than people actually realise. He spreads the play and never hides.

Not the greatest midfield player but a competitor, grafter and 100% professional.

There's plenty who would've cracked under the pressure and stick this lad has taken here. He won't get any from me and I've seen them here from Gordon Milne to Jordan Henderson.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Feb 03, 2018 06:35:36 am
      Hendo actually bring a measure of control and structure to the midfield. Can has the license to get forward, Alex will play better with Heno in there. Problem people have with Hendo is they keep expecting him to do stuff that is not his game. He's a mixture of control / playmaker. He won't hit Hollywood balls like Gerrard nor will he score 30 yard screamers in the last 2 minutes but he does bring control, structure to the midfield. Has great energy and creates far more than people actually realise. He spreads the play and never hides.

Not the greatest midfield player but a competitor, grafter and 100% professional.

There's plenty who would've cracked under the pressure and stick this lad has taken here. He won't get any from me and I've seen them here from Gordon Milne to Jordan Henderson.

Some very valid points regarding Henderson mate but for me he goes missing when up against better than him, he reverts to his side to side passing and has to be said, can't wait to get rid of the ball,
      He's a different player up against those of a similar level and can be quite dominant, hence his inconsistency ,
      To be honest he's a better player further forward but we know that's not going to happen under Klopp , for me I'd be sticking with Can, Ox & Gini as our mids, although far from ideal we seen how they dealt with the Citizens and another performance like that would do for me.

YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Feb 03, 2018 09:33:35 am
      The game really depends on control. If we can keep Kane out of the game then there's less chance he can get to our defenders again and bully them like he did at Wembley.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #33: Feb 03, 2018 09:41:04 am
      The game really depends on control. If we can keep Kane out of the game then there's less chance he can get to our defenders again and bully them like he did at Wembley.
      Couldn't bare the thought of these doing the double over us ,they've got some fantastic players in there squad
      Kane as you mentioned son & eriksen the later two being very underrated for me ,saying that they've got a sh*te  record at anfield and I'd like us to keep it that way.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #34: Feb 03, 2018 10:49:21 am
      we got City back, now its time to give Spurs a good whupping.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #35: Feb 03, 2018 10:51:55 am
      Think this may up a score draw tbh, Tottenham very good in attack. Could well be a score draw, with our attack also in decent form. Although hopefully a win for the Reds.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #36: Feb 03, 2018 11:04:46 am
      Going for a 3-1 win...

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Feb 03, 2018 11:39:23 am
      Think it will be 1-1. Well have 5 shots on target and Spurs 1 shot. We'll all blame Can or the defence.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38: Feb 03, 2018 12:45:10 pm

Some very valid points regarding Henderson mate but for me he goes missing when up against better than him, he reverts to his side to side passing and has to be said, can't wait to get rid of the ball,
      He's a different player up against those of a similar level and can be quite dominant, hence his inconsistency ,
      To be honest he's a better player further forward but we know that's not going to happen under Klopp , for me I'd be sticking with Can, Ox & Gini as our mids, although far from ideal we seen how they dealt with the Citizens and another performance like that would do for me.

YNWA

Fair points about Hendo. Don't think he was playing well before before his layoff - I'd been defending him in the 'Need to talk' topic, and it was getting hard.
      AND we beat City without him.
      But imho he seems to be a bit more positive since coming back. Thought we were better when he came on against WB, and then won against Huddersfield (who in fairness were dogshit).
      I think Jürgen will play him against Spurs, would be surprised if he didn't - but I could also see why he might not be selected.

REALLY looking forward to this. We get up for the big ones.
      Hoping to come out on top in another classic !! :)

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39: Feb 03, 2018 01:32:15 pm
      Owe these Cockney tw*ts massively after our poor performance at Wembley. Could do with another response from the team similar to that of he City match.

Up the reds!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #40: Feb 03, 2018 02:54:13 pm
      Think it will be 1-1. Well have 5 shots on target and Spurs 1 shot. We'll all blame Can or the defence.

Don't know why watch the game, you seem to get zero enjoyment from it
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2018 03:03:33 pm by Kopite78 »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3047 
      Reply #41: Feb 03, 2018 02:58:04 pm
      Don't know why watch the game, you seem to zero enjoyment from it

More to the point - seems to despise the manager, team and fans of LFC almost to the point of being gleeful about any prospect of things going wrong.

Weird huh  :confused-smiley-013:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2018 03:09:29 pm
      More to the point - seems to despise the manager, team and fans of LFC almost to the point of being gleeful about any prospect of things going wrong.

Weird huh  :confused-smiley-013:
      I am a realist not an optimist. Draw tomorrow will be okay I think.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2018 03:17:00 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3047 
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2018 05:09:18 pm
      I am a realist not an optimist. Draw tomorrow will be okay I think.

Alternative realities perhaps.

I see only cause for optimism - in top six head-to-head games  since the appointment of Klopp (you remember how you think of him - teeth / no signings / penchant for dodgy goalies) LFC have won 9 more points than any other top 6 side😮

42 Liverpool
      33 Chelsea
      33 Tottenham
      30 Man City
      29 Man Utd
      22 Arsenal

LFC win for me.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Feb 03, 2018 08:40:02 pm
      If we turn up with the right intensity, hit them hard and fast. Shake them lose early on I think they will crack. Slight problem for me is that Salah seems to be drifting inside. He's far more effectice when he holds his position wide right. He creates havock coming in off that right flank.

More worrying is that Klopp even said in an interveiw that Salah can play more central if needed. Going inside we will get bogged down in traffic. Keep the width, spread the play. I'll be watching Salah closely. If he plays tight inside it will stiffle our play.
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #45: Feb 03, 2018 09:07:30 pm
      Massive, massive game tomorrow. Win and I can see us start to apply some pressure on United lose and 4th is absolutely wide open

Quick Reply