Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Loris Karius
      19 (15.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (4.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      12 (9.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.5%)
      James Milner
      2 (1.7%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      79 (65.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2018 06:30:59 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31777 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Feb 05, 2018 04:31:08 pm
      Looking for answers there, from another pair of eyes. But we cannot be sure what was told to him. He just gave the pen after that. Question is whether he is allowed to ask another official.

I bet a whiny manc voice piped and said it's a penalty
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #714: Feb 05, 2018 05:27:29 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42943628

BREAKING NEWS     BBC SPORT 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #715: Feb 05, 2018 05:34:40 pm
      Referee Jon Moss was "misguided" when he asked fourth official Martin Atkinson if he had "anything from TV" during Tottenham's draw with Liverpool on Sunday, the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) says.

Moss was captured on camera speaking to Atkinson via his headset before awarding Spurs a penalty.

Harry Kane was felled by Reds goalkeeper Loris Karius, and Moss sought to clarify if he was offside.

Video assistant referee (VAR) was not in operation at Anfield.

"For the avoidance of doubt, Atkinson did not view a television monitor and did not relay any information to the on-field officials," PGMOL said in a statement.

More to follow.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #716: Feb 05, 2018 05:39:46 pm
      Referee Jon Moss was "misguided" when he asked fourth official Martin Atkinson if he had "anything from TV" during Tottenham's draw with Liverpool on Sunday, the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) says.

Moss was captured on camera speaking to Atkinson via his headset before awarding Spurs a penalty.

Harry Kane was felled by Reds goalkeeper Loris Karius, and Moss sought to clarify if he was offside.

"For the avoidance of doubt, Atkinson did not view a television monitor and did not relay any information to the on-field officials," PGMOL said in a statement.

More to follow.

More to follow my arse. Nothing will happen. 'Misguided' the wording is saying it all. Just say he was F***ing wrong.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,917 posts | 1476 
      Reply #717: Feb 05, 2018 05:49:04 pm

More to follow.

What a poser. He just pretended to  seek confirmation from Martin to appear diligent. Loser of a ref.

It’s like doing a blind auction when selling players. We received this bid from the other team. You need to outbid them to get your player, when no bid actually came in.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #718: Feb 05, 2018 06:14:03 pm
      That's the only way a small minded team can win anything. Celebrating like they won the title after a complete hose job.

I'd be embarrassed if our players  (or manager) ever acted like that in that situation. 

See West Brom at home when we nicked a point a few seasons back.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      Reply #719: Feb 05, 2018 06:15:16 pm

Tried to introduce the german style players thanking the fans thing
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #720: Feb 05, 2018 06:20:02 pm

Unless you're a disciple of these cringeworthy 'banter' accounts on twitter or are a mouthy dribbling pundit perve like Paul Merson I have yet to see anything wrong with what Klopp did there. It's amazing how precious people can get when our manager just wanted to show gratitude and encouragement to an Anfield crowd that had spent over a year doing its best impression of a library.

Perhaps the idea of a manager trying to forge a connection with his own fans is outdated in this era of supporters being more concerned with how we are talked about on twitter or facebook?
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2018 07:45:23 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #721: Feb 05, 2018 06:23:32 pm
      just read the bbc article and the union/whatever representing refs have made a statement. Backing Moss and covering up his mistakes. didnt expect anything else
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      Reply #722: Feb 05, 2018 06:25:24 pm
      The boss of the PGMOL is mike riley, enough said..
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #723: Feb 05, 2018 07:18:50 pm
      The boss of the PGMOL is mike riley, enough said..

They all need to be hung out to dry. Band of thieves springs to mind...

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #724: Feb 05, 2018 07:27:13 pm
      So the ref essentially overrules the linesman on the first penalty, despite having no clue.
      Then when he confidently waves play on, he goes back and takes the linesmans word for it on the 2nd, who was further away and had failed to notice the offside in the build up to the 2nd one.
      F***ing shambolic and a disgrace, it’s no wonder the officials got no respect, they made themselves look like a bunch of amateurs yesterday.

Performance wise, we weren’t good enough over the course of the game, a point, when you consider they were the better team isn’t too bad. But when you consider we twice had the lead and then had the circus act, I’m livid we didn’t get the 3 points.

The subs, weren’t good enough, the first goal Ox was unacceptable and just mirrored the effort Can put in when Sigurdson scores against us. Redknapp slates Karius for the goal, but as it goes I think he done well and that was a good solid punch clear, not his fault Can moved out the way like he was scared of the ball and then Ox just stood watching.
      It was a performance that has become far too familiar this season. Too many players were missing and I genuinely forgot Gini was on the pitch, likeweise Bobby.

Salah, well what can you say, again showing his class. That 2nd goal was boss.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #725: Feb 05, 2018 07:33:24 pm
      So the ref essentially overrules the linesman on the first penalty, despite having no clue.
      Then when he confidently waves play on, he goes back and takes the linesmans word for it on the 2nd, who was further away and had failed to notice the offside in the build up to the 2nd one.
      F***ing shambolic and a disgrace, it’s no wonder the officials got no respect, they made themselves look like a bunch of amateurs yesterday.

Performance wise, we weren’t good enough over the course of the game, a point, when you consider they were the better team isn’t too bad. But when you consider we twice had the lead and then had the circus act, I’m livid we didn’t get the 3 points.

The subs, weren’t good enough, the first goal Ox was unacceptable and just mirrored the effort Can put in when Sigurdson scores against us. Redknapp slates Karius for the goal, but as it goes I think he done well and that was a good solid punch clear, not his fault Can moved out the way like he was scared of the ball and then Ox just stood watching.
      It was a performance that has become far too familiar this season. Too many players were missing and I genuinely forgot Gini was on the pitch, likeweise Bobby.

Salah, well what can you say, again showing his class. That 2nd goal was boss.

Very much a game of two halves. Us better in the 1st, them in the 2nd. Either way, the ONLY reason they got a point is down to pathetic officiating. The ONLY reason we scored only twice was down to poor decision making. Considering the available quality in both teams yesterday, it was a game bereft of quality.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,207 posts | 6349 
      Reply #726: Feb 05, 2018 07:45:03 pm

Did we nick it after a horribly officiated game where we were gifted two penalties and then our manager stated how we deserved it and the refs did a great job?
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #727: Feb 05, 2018 08:07:52 pm
      Moss should be relegated to the championship at the very least.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,188 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #728: Feb 05, 2018 08:16:19 pm
      Let's hope Chelsea get beat tonight
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,188 posts | 912 
      Reply #729: Feb 05, 2018 08:21:41 pm
      Looks like we're missing Phil, never had that little bit of ingenuity the midfield created very little,in both making and taking of chances, what will we do if someone comes calling for Salah in the summer, seeing our illustrious leaders have made us a selling club
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,905 posts | 4969 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #730: Feb 05, 2018 08:31:00 pm
      I'm still livid beyond words. I can't ever remember being quite so angry over a game of footy as I am over this, to the point that my head's still spinning so I might ramble a bit. Forgive me if I do. First of all let's get the Elephant in the room out of the way. It was not a penalty. Neither of them were. First was offside, second was not a foul in a month of Sundays. That's not with the benefit of close up camera shots either, it didn't look remotely like a penalty. For the first one it was as blatant a dive as you're ever going to see. Having already set a precedent for himself by booking Ali for an equally obvious dive, questions need to be asked why he then gave the penalty to Kane.

For the second penalty, anyone who thinks it did needs to give their head a wobble. In real time it just looked like Lamela dived into Van Dijk. With the benefit of close up camera angles, you can clearly see him going down before contact is even made. Diving aside, if that's a penalty then Football is truly dead because no team is ever going to finish the game with eleven men. It was a pathetic decision, but sadly one not atypical to the increasingly poor standards of refereeing in this country. These pricks need to be wired up so everyone can hear what they say like in Rugby. Like Managers do, they should have to go on television with a post-match interview and justify those decisions. Until they do, it won't change.

That's why we drew the game. Nonetheless, Poch's comments do have some merit. We were absolutely abject in the second half. A goal was coming for a very long time and only our defenders, including Karius, kept us in the game as long as we where. Our midfield was non-existent to the point that they may as well not have even been on the pitch, they were so poor. To my mind this reinforces the dereliction of duty of all those involved by not reinforcing in the January window. Even in the first half, there was not a shred of creativity in the middle of the park, we got by on aggression alone. If this team is to progress and be successful, both of these aspects of the game are needed. Quite honestly, a midfield of Henderson, Can and Milner is about the weakest midfield I think I've seen us play in a very long time. They absolutely failed time and again to establish any sort of control or exert any pressure on Spurs in the second half.

Unfortunately that's the problem. This is a draw that feels like a defeat, and for all our failings, not a defeat of our own making. Yes, a win for us would have been a smash and grab but we were cheated out of a win by another outrageous refereeing decision. I would rather Spurs had scored their two goals on their own merits, from open play. It would be more palatable and, given just how good they are, and how well the played in the second half, would hurt a lot less than this does.

We also need to look at the Striking situation as well. Firmino, Salah and Mane are all well and good but the drop off then to Ings and Solanke is unacceptable for a club with our ambitions. I shudder to think what will happen to our season if we lose one of them. During the first half, we also ran into one of our other main problems this season: lack of clinical finishing. Salah has to go down as one of our best signings of all time, at least on the evidence we have so far, but he's one of three and the other two need to start taking the chances they're presented with as well, of which they do all too infrequently. Again this comes back to the lack of business done in January when everyone else strengthened. Looking to the bench today and I despair at the lack of quality back up we have. We seem to have come full circle under Klopp and it needs addressing this Summer.

MOTM then. Three contenders. Salah, for dancing through half of Spur team and scoring one of the best goals you're likely to see, a goal that deserved to be the winner. Karius for doing what was needed of him, when it was needed. This is the first time in a very long time I can hand on heart say that our Goalkeeper won us points. But I voted Van Dijk, who looked every inch the £75 million defender we've bought. His commanding presence, his organising of the defence, the guy bossed that back line, a back line that played probably the best game I've seen them play under Klopp.

So, as much as this is a draw that feels like a defeat, we didn't need to win today, and so a draw still sees us third, above Spurs and Chelsea with plenty of Football still to play, and in all honesty, I'd have taken a point before Kick off, and certainly taken a point halfway through the second half when we were under the kosh. Was a point fair? In the cold light of day, yes it was. I just wish it was a point under better circumstances.

Firstly now that I've calmed down let me just say that Spurs deserved at least a point, they bossed that second half better then any other we have faced this season imo,
      A game of two halves they say, well yes to a point it probably was, we pressed the sh*t out of them and had we been more clinical we would have been out of sight,
      So what the F**k happened second half, well, we stopped pressing, let Spuds get a foot hold and allowed them the space we didn't give first half, that gave them the confidence to come at us and set a nice rythem more akin to their style,
      They dominated the central areas and exploited our midfield trio,
      Despite all that our defence held firm and for the most part were weathering the storm, until Wanyama's wonder strike, should have closed down but it was a worldy so hats off yada yada yada !

The Pens...1st one, not a pen imo, Kane WAS offside and besides a close look in slo-mo Karius does not bring him down, he's on the floor arms fully extended reaching for the ball, Kane leaves his foot in and feigns being tripped...no pen...

2nd, Firstly Virgil does not see Lamela until his is already in mid-swing, Lamela moves across Virgil and is already on the way down, its inevitable contact would be made, you cannot stop your foot when you have already applied momentum to strike the ball, also, Lamela himself could have won the ball had he not jumped in front of Virgil,
      Like your good self 5X, i was apoplectic, i had to go apologise to my neighbours for my extraordinary ranting & raving ,not for yrs has a match had me so fooking angry,

That fat useles dogturd of a ref could hardly keep up with play nevermind come to a reasonable decision, you are completely correct in saying refs should have to face the media to explain certain decisions particularly those deemed controversial.
      If they did that it would at least alleviate some of the anger/ angst among the most passionate of fans, and may even gain some respect.

YNWA
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,188 posts | 912 
      Reply #731: Feb 05, 2018 08:36:44 pm
      What shows the strength of our squad was when the midfield Two went off the Two coming on made no difference, the was no extra commitment, no extra pace, nothing as flat as it was before the changes
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,188 posts | 912 
      Reply #732: Feb 05, 2018 08:42:55 pm
      Get in Watford
      Harrisimo

• 8,167 posts | 1384 
      Reply #733: Feb 05, 2018 09:38:38 pm
      The fact that a draw was a fair result does not hide the fact that the Ref gave the first Penalty even tho he admitted to the Ass.Ref Smart that he wasn't sure. Ass.Ref Smart was clearly in favour of the penalty. The fist pump by Smart won't be forgotten.

Kane dived anyway...Smart didn't spot that did he. Clearest case of biased refereeing against us since the infamous "Beech Ball" incident at Sunderland when that idiot Ref Mike Jones didn't have a clue about the rules pertaining to foreign objects on the pitch.

As ever the clueless FA do sod all.
      Harrisimo

• 8,167 posts | 1384 
      Reply #734: Feb 05, 2018 09:42:20 pm
      Watford 2-1....cracker from Watford..
      Harrisimo

• 8,167 posts | 1384 
      Reply #735: Feb 05, 2018 09:45:55 pm