Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Linesman fist pumps Spurs penalty

Read 18614 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Linesman fist pumps Spurs penalty
      Reply #138: Feb 06, 2018 08:31:37 pm

He is also out of his depth as a referee stuey,he evidently has not got the knowledge and ability to ref a match.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #139: Feb 06, 2018 08:32:43 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      This VAR thing could cause mayhem in the game if it's used everytime there's a shuve or a push. One apeall per half and obviously only the captain can make that call. If the apeall is upheld then you still have one apeall left or something that restricks apealls all over the place.

So the VAR thing obviously isn't always going to be an open and shut case. That's why it is imperative that if there is resonable doubt...then the assessor should give the decision in favour of the doubt, whatever the case maybe, defense or attack.

What causes mayhem is wrong decisions given. For VAR to work, every major questionable call must be investigated. The players play the game and the refs ref it. It's the refs responsibility to ensure the right decision is given. Having a restricted appeals process still allows players to get away with stuff, and wrong decisions made. Once players see that cheating won't be rewarded, and  understand that every decision is subject to review, they'll think twice about that dive/push/handball in future. That's not mayhem, that's cleaning up the game.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #140: Feb 06, 2018 08:33:46 pm
      That's a first.... Should relegate him to div 3.....

You are wrong there mate,he should not be allowed near a football ground let aloneon the pitch.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #141: Feb 06, 2018 08:43:16 pm
      Of course its not always going to be an open and shut case.  But it would make players think twice about diving if they knew the opposition would call for a TV review, that the whole stadium would see it from several angles, and being judged a diver would mean an instant red card and a walk of shame.  Managers would not tolerate losing a key striker for 3 games and would demand their players stay upright.

I can see that there would be doubt in some assessor's minds about the Kane dive, for the reasons you state, but it would gradually erode at the current culture of (in Kane's words ) 'I felt contact..so I went down. It's football.'  If someone brushes past my old mam in a busy street she'll feel contact but it doesn't mean she'll fall over.

Kane is guilty of diving by his own admission..." I felt contact so I went down..it's football"...." so I went down"....that's called diving mate...."I felt contact and lost balance"...fine...but admitting he went down is diving. Feeling contact is not a legitimate reason for going down. It's not just some sort of semantic misuse of words. Kane admitts going down and the purpose of this deliberate act of going down was to win a penalty.

Therefore I conclude that this chap Harrold Edward Kane is guilty of cheating.

Well said M'lud..
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2018 11:08:28 pm by Harrisimo »
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,040 posts | 336 
      Reply #142: Feb 06, 2018 09:16:45 pm
      He most definitely is, Harrisimo old pal.  And he should be banned, as should Lamela, for a crime caught on camera and punished retrospectively. 

It's akin to somebody saying, "I saw the old lady leave her purse on the checkout by mistake.  I thought, What am I suppose to do?if she's going to be careless I'm going to nick it.  That's life."   

An admission that you're a thief or an admission that you're a cheat.   

An admission of guilt with the knowledge that context and culture will exonerate you of blame. 
      "We all do it, don't we?"  He's saying.  "What do you expect from a cheat?"

But not us angry Kopites, Harry lad, you are guilty as charged and we will not exonerate you.  And your mate Lamela can do one.  We wuz robbed.

Ban cheating diving scumbags for 3 games.  Automatic red card, on the spot or afterwards.  Clean up the game and make it the man's game that it used to be (metaphorically speaking - sorry ladies).  In my playing days my own team mates would have punched me for diving.  And I'd have done the same to them.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #143: Feb 06, 2018 10:06:42 pm
      He is also out of his depth as a referee stuey,he evidently has not got the knowledge and ability to ref a match.

The FA see it differently Billy, as always.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #144: Feb 06, 2018 10:42:04 pm
      Leading to salah's second goal was it actually hand ball.  The ref didn't give it nor did hawk-eye. Any clips of it?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #145: Feb 06, 2018 10:54:30 pm
      Of course its not always going to be an open and shut case.  But it would make players think twice about diving if they knew the opposition would call for a TV review, that the whole stadium would see it from several angles, and being judged a diver would mean an instant red card and a walk of shame.  Managers would not tolerate losing a key striker for 3 games and would demand their players stay upright.

I can see that there would be doubt in some assessor's minds about the Kane dive, for the reasons you state, but it would gradually erode at the current culture of (in Kane's words ) 'I felt contact..so I went down. It's football.'  If someone brushes past my old mam in a busy street she'll feel contact but it doesn't mean she'll fall over.

I believe if a player dives to win a penalty which then referee then give the FA should give a ā€œRetrospective Red Cardā€ to that Player, Only It should be given when that player is involved in his next match..

E.g. Harry Kane is found to have dived to win a penalty in Sundays game by the match officials & The F.A., When he take the field Saturday against Arsenal, before the ball is kicked the Referee Goes to the manager, and Calls over Harry Kane, tells the manager that as video evidence shows that Kane was found to have dived in to win a penalty against The FA has instructed the Referee to give Harry Kane a ā€œRetrospective Red Cardā€ thus putting Spurs down to 10 men and also pick up a further two match bandā€¦. You can not take away the points lost by a team but you can insure that the offenderā€™s team does not proper from the deceptionā€¦

It may seem a little bit ā€œScorched Earthā€ But Iā€™m betting after it is done once or twice players will stop diving and manager will try to insure the players stopā€¦ 
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #146: Feb 06, 2018 11:50:09 pm
      The VAR system is a complete and utter f**king joke, the beauty of their blatant ineptitude is that they haven't bothered to seek advice from the sport that has nailed this, rugby union. They have been using it since 2001 and it has been a great success, the referee's mic is linked to the broadcaster as well so you can hear all the referee's dialogue with the TMO and players on the field(even when watching at home), especially helpful when players abuse the referee (doesn't happen much in rugby).

In rugby union the TMO is used when a try is scored and there is a potential infringement, if the linesman signals a potential infringement in the build up to a try being scored and for general foul play during the game at any stage or phase.

In exceptional circumstances (i.e. eye gouging, stamping or punching) the captains will ask the referee to consult the TMO if not already picked up by the assistant referee.

The beauty of the TMO system is that every time the TMO is used the clock is stopped, this eliminates the need for estimating injury time and leaves no argument to be made for extra time etc. Once the clock reaches forty or eighty minutes, as soon as the ball goes out of play the game ends, it really is that simple.

If you want to see how proper refereeing is done then look no further than Nigel Owens, regarded as the best referee in world rugby. Knows the game inside out and deals with every situation by explaining the rule and reason for decision. You get to hear and see everything he says and does, he knows the rule book inside out.

Referees like Moss would not like this to be implemented because it would highlight their blatant ineptitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPs-1eax9rI
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      Reply #147: Feb 07, 2018 12:02:16 am
      Wayne Barnes sending off Dylan Hartley for calling him a F***ing cheat.

How many United players would have been sent off had this system been in place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EV-aM3j0kg
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #148: Feb 07, 2018 01:14:02 am
      Under no circumstances should a linesman, ref or assistant ever be fist pumping a decision. Full F***ing stop.

c**t needs to be sacked.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #149: Feb 07, 2018 02:59:43 am
      The VAR system is a complete and utter f**king joke, the beauty of their blatant ineptitude is that they haven't bothered to seek advice from the sport that has nailed this, rugby union. They have been using it since 2001 and it has been a great success, the referee's mic is linked to the broadcaster as well so you can hear all the referee's dialogue with the TMO and players on the field(even when watching at home), especially helpful when players abuse the referee (doesn't happen much in rugby).

In rugby union the TMO is used when a try is scored and there is a potential infringement, if the linesman signals a potential infringement in the build up to a try being scored and for general foul play during the game at any stage or phase.

In exceptional circumstances (i.e. eye gouging, stamping or punching) the captains will ask the referee to consult the TMO if not already picked up by the assistant referee.

The beauty of the TMO system is that every time the TMO is used the clock is stopped, this eliminates the need for estimating injury time and leaves no argument to be made for extra time etc. Once the clock reaches forty or eighty minutes, as soon as the ball goes out of play the game ends, it really is that simple.

If you want to see how proper refereeing is done then look no further than Nigel Owens, regarded as the best referee in world rugby. Knows the game inside out and deals with every situation by explaining the rule and reason for decision. You get to hear and see everything he says and does, he knows the rule book inside out.

Referees like Moss would not like this to be implemented because it would highlight their blatant ineptitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPs-1eax9rI

Not a big rugby follower, but am I right in thinking that rugby players, generally speaking, show a lot more respect to referees during matches than football players do? I don't recall seeing  rugby players surround a ref to argue a decision, or scream their disagreement, waving their arms and such. Maybe it happens, but I'm much more accustomed to seeing it in football. There is a cultural issue here as well, in my opinion.

Edit: just watched the video you posted of the player being sent off for calling the referee a cheat - and the comm says "you can't speak to the official like that, this is rugby, not football..."
      « Last Edit: Feb 07, 2018 03:05:39 am by Robby The Z »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #150: Feb 07, 2018 08:49:28 am
      Wayne Barnes sending off Dylan Hartley for calling him a f**king cheat.

How many United players would have been sent off had this system been in place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EV-aM3j0kg

The same should happen in football, the disrespect to officials from both players and managers is absurd and sets a terrible example for youngsters. If a referee has a sh*t game then that should be investigated after the match but during the match the players and managers should be respectful to the referees.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #151: Feb 07, 2018 08:56:39 am
      Not a big rugby follower, but am I right in thinking that rugby players, generally speaking, show a lot more respect to referees during matches than football players do? I don't recall seeing  rugby players surround a ref to argue a decision, or scream their disagreement, waving their arms and such. Maybe it happens, but I'm much more accustomed to seeing it in football. There is a cultural issue here as well, in my opinion.

Edit: just watched the video you posted of the player being sent off for calling the referee a cheat - and the comm says "you can't speak to the official like that, this is rugby, not football..."

Football can learn a lot from officiating in rugby
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #152: Feb 07, 2018 10:38:03 am

Is correct, the lads in Rugby are hard men but dedicated and faithful to their sport and it's rules.
      Every description there about rugby players is a contradiction to the way the Spuds behaved at Anfield.
      Have seen a woman's team more credible than those so called Premier League footballers.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #153: Feb 07, 2018 11:24:43 am
      Football can learn a lot from officiating in rugby

Whatever they do, please don't look to American sports. You think Premier League  officials are bad. Watch an NBA or NFL game sometime. Yikes.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #154: Feb 07, 2018 04:07:49 pm
      Whatever they do, please don't look to American sports. You think Premier League  officials are bad. Watch an NBA or NFL game sometime. Yikes.

Then they had the replacement refs in the NFL for a while. Now that was a clusterfuck
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #155: Feb 07, 2018 04:11:42 pm
      Is correct, the lads in Rugby are hard men but dedicated and faithful to their sport and it's rules.
      Every description there about rugby players is a contradiction to the way the Spuds behaved at Anfield.
      Have seen a woman's team more credible than those so called Premier League footballers.

Too many Johnny Foreigners in the footer game now Stu. No style, no respect, no upbringing.  ;D
      It just ain't rugby mate.
      Kopite78
      Reply #156: Feb 07, 2018 04:20:48 pm

Thank F**k for that 🙄
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #157: Feb 07, 2018 04:21:38 pm
      Didn't need to see this to know there's a clear bias from both of these "referees".

The FA and its representatives have once again bent us over as a club and there's not a lick of repercussion. Meanwhile we've got the media (for the most part) supporting their position despite all of the clear evidence that mistakes (likely purposefully) were made, rather than calling a spade a spade.

I would say the club should lodge a formal complaint and take an official position against this, but we all know for certain that it will only have a negative effect on our future.

All this while ESPNFC has Nicol calling Lovren trash and questioning VVD's abilities on its front page rather than focusing on the true story. Meanwhile, anyone worth their salt with even an ounce of knowledge will have seen that VVD, Lovren, and Karius were three of the best performers in the match on either side. The best backline in the world would have struggled to hold on to our lead given our midfield and offense's inability to hold possession of the ball for longer than 15 seconds at a time.

How about we focus on the blatant cheating that's gone on by the media's lover boy Kane and the officials instead?

Without the media being fair and unbiased, this will continue to plague the game.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      Reply #158: Feb 07, 2018 05:18:37 pm

That is correct Robby. I've been to rugby matches and been sat next to opposition supporters and never had any trouble. The respect is reciprocated throughout the game. The only players allowed to question the referee are the captains.

The disrespect shown to footballing officials is partly their own fault as they don't have the balls to deal with it. If referees start sending players off for abusing them then i am pretty confident that the abuse will stop immediately, the same goes for diving etc. If it is not dealt with then it will continue to grow until eventually you will have a game full of cheaters.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      Reply #159: Feb 07, 2018 05:19:40 pm
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #160: Feb 07, 2018 06:55:25 pm
      The story is now dead. Kane cheated, as good as admitted it. Got off scot free. I predict the FA will pick on someone soon. Within a few weeks they'll pull in a diver and ban him retrospectively.

Reminds me of the time when Ashley Cole turned his back on the ref...got away with. Then the Ref picked on Mascherano few days later...and sent him off for showing desent, although in truth he did very little wrong.

Typical FA. Prejudice in favour of London teams.

Quick Reply