Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Linesman fist pumps Spurs penalty

Read 18616 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Linesman fist pumps Spurs penalty
      Reply #161: Feb 07, 2018 07:41:00 pm

What’s up?

Rugby is F***ing boring sh*te. Honestly someone couldn’t pay me to watch it

Of course in my opinion
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #162: Feb 07, 2018 09:16:40 pm
      What’s up?

Rugby is f**king boring sh*te. Honestly someone couldn’t pay me to watch it

Of course in my opinion

Two words.

All Blacks.
      Kopite78
      Reply #163: Feb 07, 2018 09:23:38 pm

Six words

Couldn't pay me to watch them
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #164: Feb 07, 2018 09:39:37 pm
      The story is now dead. Kane cheated, as good as admitted it. Got off scot free. I predict the FA will pick on someone soon. Within a few weeks they'll pull in a diver and ban him retrospectively.

His name will probably be Roberto, Sadio or Mohammed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #165: Feb 07, 2018 09:57:07 pm
      The story is now dead. Kane cheated, as good as admitted it. Got off scot free. I predict the FA will pick on someone soon. Within a few weeks they'll pull in a diver and ban him retrospectively.

Reminds me of the time when Ashley Cole turned his back on the ref...got away with. Then the Ref picked on Mascherano few days later...and sent him off for showing desent, although in truth he did very little wrong.

Typical FA. Prejudice in favour of London teams.

The scapegoat will undoubtedly be an LFC player, such is the FA's sense of irony.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #166: Feb 07, 2018 10:14:48 pm
      What’s up?

Rugby is F***ing boring sh*te. Honestly someone couldn’t pay me to watch it

Of course in my opinion

Missing out mate.
      Kopite78
      Reply #167: Feb 08, 2018 07:21:21 am

Doubt it. But I did say in my opinion mate.
      I tried to watch it a couple of times when I was younger, it's right at the bottom of the sports for me
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #168: Feb 08, 2018 07:32:32 am
      Doubt it. But I did say in my opinion mate.
      I tried to watch it a couple of times when I was younger, it's right at the bottom of the sports for me

Fair enough. If you’re even as young as in your 20s it’s a completely different game now as it’s been made professional in the last 15 years
      Kopite78
      Reply #169: Feb 08, 2018 08:17:32 am
      Fair enough. If you’re even as young as in your 20s it’s a completely different game now as it’s been made professional in the last 15 years

Fair enough too, I mean obviously I have no issue with anyone who’s into it, personally I just find it mind numbing. My Mrs best mates husband loves it.. it’s the most tedious evening out with him banging on about rugby

I was just thinking, literally someone couldn’t pay me 20k to try to get into it for a season, obviously it would take more than a game so if someone said I’ve brought you a season ticket to ********** (cant think of any teams) and here’s 20 grand to go watch them

Nah
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #170: Feb 08, 2018 10:07:28 am
      Quote from heimdall
      The same should happen in football, the disrespect to officials from both players and managers is absurd and sets a terrible example for youngsters. If a referee has a sh*t game then that should be investigated after the match but during the match the players and managers should be respectful to the referees.

It's a different culture.

A rugby ref is seen as authority. A football ref is seen as an inconvenience. Someone to intimidate, influence, con, and (no matter how right he is) always wrong. Coaches hold him responsible for everything from bad results to serious injuries, while fans say he's biased against them. Just look at the foolish behaviour from 2 senior players last week during the chat over the penalty decision, and the reaction to the penalty the week before.

One of the few positives to come from the FIFA scandal was Platini's downfall. With him, there would be no VAR, what I described above would be allowed to continue, and the game would still be a cheaters charter. With VAR the game will be cleaned up. In 2 years time, diving will be non existent, calls made will be correct, and protesting decisions will be pointless. Like in rugby, we will have to wait a bit for decisions to be confirmed, but we will have a cleaner sport and the ref will be respected a lot more.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #171: Feb 08, 2018 10:09:39 am
      No punishment, get over it guys.. he is probably more likely to get linesman of the year award. A ref celebrated a United goal against Arsenal and nobody gave a sh*t. I tried to find it on Youtube but saw this one which is worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StRVqK7xgw4
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2018 10:21:00 am by Ribapuru »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #172: Feb 08, 2018 10:36:51 am
      What’s up?

Rugby is f**king boring sh*te. Honestly someone couldn’t pay me to watch it

Of course in my opinion

Each to their own but you should give it a try, pun intended ;-), I'd recommend the Wales England match this weekend, if that doesn't get you excited about the game of Rugby then nothing will.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #173: Feb 08, 2018 10:38:54 am
      Fair enough too, I mean obviously I have no issue with anyone who’s into it, personally I just find it mind numbing. My Mrs best mates husband loves it.. it’s the most tedious evening out with him banging on about rugby

I was just thinking, literally someone couldn’t pay me 20k to try to get into it for a season, obviously it would take more than a game so if someone said I’ve brought you a season ticket to ********** (cant think of any teams) and here’s 20 grand to go watch them

Nah

Are you being serious, for £20k I'd watch literally ANY sport for one season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #174: Feb 08, 2018 10:41:01 am
      It's a different culture.

A rugby ref is seen as authority. A football ref is seen as an inconvenience. Someone to intimidate, influence, con, and (no matter how right he is) always wrong. Coaches hold him responsible for everything from bad results to serious injuries, while fans say he's biased against them. Just look at the foolish behaviour from 2 senior players last week during the chat over the penalty decision, and the reaction to the penalty the week before.

One of the few positives to come from the FIFA scandal was Platini's downfall. With him, there would be no VAR, what I described above would be allowed to continue, and the game would still be a cheaters charter. With VAR the game will be cleaned up. In 2 years time, diving will be non existent, calls made will be correct, and protesting decisions will be pointless. Like in rugby, we will have to wait a bit for decisions to be confirmed, but we will have a cleaner sport and the ref will be respected a lot more.

I agree its a cultural thing but it needs to change, how long before the snowflakes starting calling for football to be banned because of the bullying and disrespect towards a referees feeling and sense of self worth. I'm not even kidding.
      Kopite78
      Reply #175: Feb 08, 2018 11:39:23 am
      Each to their own but you should give it a try, pun intended ;-), I'd recommend the Wales England match this weekend, if that doesn't get you excited about the game of Rugby then nothing will.

No thanks.
      Like I say I tried watching it when I was younger.
      I even played it (so I could go on the year 10 trip to Amsterdam  ;) )

It's boring

Seriously
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #176: Feb 08, 2018 11:44:17 am
      I can't say I would get into watersports no matter how much I was paid.  :D
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,013 posts | 523 
      Reply #177: Feb 08, 2018 11:50:55 am
      No punishment, get over it guys.. he is probably more likely to get linesman of the year award. A ref celebrated a United goal against Arsenal and nobody gave a sh*t. I tried to find it on Youtube but saw this one which is worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StRVqK7xgw4

That's F***ing mental. Assumed it was a hoax at first, but apparently not. There's some other ones of Mike Dean reffing Spurs as well on there. How can he get away with that?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #178: Feb 08, 2018 11:58:59 am
      That's f**king mental. Assumed it was a hoax at first, but apparently not. There's some other ones of Mike Dean reffing Spurs as well on there. How can he get away with that?
      If you research which teams referees support, I find it quite suspicious that ALL PL referees state they support lower league teams. I would say it is suspicious when for example, Mike Dean born Wales declared they support tranmere rovers, another ref born in Nottinshamshire supporting Luton? Ref born in Manchester supporting Altrincham? It seems not one PL ref admits to supporting a PL team. They know if they admit to supporting a big team they can't referee for the game. Some of them must be  full of sh*t. Once they celebrate a goal they say they did it to signal a goal. Next they'll be pulling their ref shirts over their heads. A fist pump may be a sign this linesman is a fan of a team that rivals Liverpools, but as far as FA is concerned he probably supports Notts County. He'll probably say he was flexing his wrist to avoid carpel tunnel syndrome. This is why we need VAR in PL immediately.
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2018 12:03:07 pm by Ribapuru »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #179: Feb 08, 2018 12:32:11 pm
      If you research which teams referees support, I find it quite suspicious that ALL PL referees state they support lower league teams. I would say it is suspicious when for example, Mike Dean born Wales declared they support tranmere rovers, another ref born in Nottinshamshire supporting Luton? Ref born in Manchester supporting Altrincham? It seems not one PL ref admits to supporting a PL team. They know if they admit to supporting a big team they can't referee for the game. Some of them must be  full of sh*t. Once they celebrate a goal they say they did it to signal a goal. Next they'll be pulling their ref shirts over their heads. A fist pump may be a sign this linesman is a fan of a team that rivals Liverpools, but as far as FA is concerned he probably supports Notts County. He'll probably say he was flexing his wrist to avoid carpel tunnel syndrome. This is why we need VAR in PL immediately.

Did anyone ask Mike Dean the reason for his reactions to Spurs goals, oh I thought not, corruption in the game, it will never end.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #180: Feb 08, 2018 01:32:04 pm

Not the first time that's happened though, once happened in our favour against Leeds, when ref Mike Reed celebrated a long-range Patrik Berger effort. He even phoned a phone-in to explain his decision. This was highlighted in the book No Glossing Over It: How Football Cheated Leeds United.

"I did punch the air, but I wasn't doing it in celebration of the goal but in triumph, as I had allowed Liverpool to play on after they could have been awarded a free kick. The referee does love to see the ball in the back of the net after he has played, because it proves he's right."
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #181: Feb 09, 2018 10:58:57 am
      He was outed a couple of years back as a Spurs fan when he went viral..
      "Has anyone ever seen a more psyched up referee" I mean think about it, from his generation of Spurs doing nothing, the biggest game of his life/career would most likely be Spurs v United and he just couldn't hide the nerves.

The same with his fist bump, sometimes your emotions take over..
      He'd be a sh*t poker player, pocket Aces have you Eddie. #FootballisFixed

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/insanely-psyched-up-linesman-steals-the-show-at-white-hart-lane-729125.html
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #182: Feb 09, 2018 11:03:29 am
      Just to add even further to the "conspiracy theory/fact" it was 0-0 until the 70th minute and then Spurs got 3 goals in 6 crazy minutes to win 3-0.
      Eddie played a blinder.

United were sh*te back then, but still worth a mention as football corruption is finally getting some limelight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35953098

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #183: Feb 09, 2018 11:24:22 am
      Over here in the Irish League (N.Ireland), we have a ref that's supports Linfield (bas**rds), was photographed wearing a Linfield shirt, and was allowed to ref an Irish cup final involving Linfield!

Quick Reply