Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Linesman fist pumps Spurs penalty

Read 18621 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Linesman fist pumps Spurs penalty
      Reply #23: Feb 04, 2018 10:26:06 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #24: Feb 04, 2018 10:29:33 pm

Seen this a lot.

Need to differentiate between deliberately kicking the ball AND it going where he intended.

The rule is there so as not to penalise defenders for deflections - not where someone makes a total f***in’ c**t of it.

;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #25: Feb 04, 2018 10:29:36 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #26: Feb 04, 2018 10:31:36 pm
      Second one hard to see I reckon, first one a shambles.

I take back my comments in earlier posts.

John Moss sits down to have a piss and that linesman wipes his flaps for him afterwards.

Useless pair of cu*ts.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #27: Feb 04, 2018 10:35:08 pm
      I think the contact is extremely dubious.

The offside isn’t as I understand the laws - but I do think they’ve fu**ed about with offside so much it’s just a mess.

Ethically I think it’s wrong that it’s not offside.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #28: Feb 04, 2018 10:38:27 pm
      First Penalty, Kane was offside, but played onside by Lovren getting a touch, but as the Ref & Ass.Ref were not completly sure Lovren touched it they should not be giving a penalty. Clearly the linesman, giving a fist pump wanted the Penalty.

LFC should lodge a formal complaint.

Second penalty Lamela clearly jumps in VVD just as VVD is aiming a kick at the ball. So that is clearly not a penalty and that's the way the Ref saw it. The Ass.Ref, who is clealy biased, gave the penalty award but the Ref should've over ruled him.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #29: Feb 04, 2018 10:39:31 pm
      If the original pass was intended for Kane, he must be offside. He dived for the penalty in any case. The second one was never a penalty and the linesman is suspect. There was a freekick whipped in earlier and about 3 of the spurs were offside by a long way and no flag, same linesman.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #30: Feb 04, 2018 10:45:23 pm
      If the original pass was intended for Kane, he must be offside. He dived for the penalty in any case.

Mad the way this has not been mentioned at all. If that wasn't England's number 1 darling striker but a foreigner, Suarez for example,  Sky would've been all over it making out that he went down quicker than a tenner a suck prozzy.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31: Feb 04, 2018 10:52:59 pm
      BBC MOTD just shown subtitles of the conversation between the referee and linesman
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #32: Feb 04, 2018 10:54:12 pm
      BBC MOTD just shown subtitles of the conversation between the referee and linesman

Moss saying he's no idea if Lovren touches it then immediately says he's giving a penalty.

Should be fired.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #33: Feb 04, 2018 11:00:41 pm
      Moss saying he's no idea if Lovren touches it then immediately says he's giving a penalty.

Should be fired.

That’s the crime Si. 

The rules are nonsense but you CAN’T give what you don’t see as a a team of ref/asst ref.

Love to hear audio from the 4th official.
      DanMann

• 5,747 posts | 882 
      Reply #34: Feb 04, 2018 11:07:12 pm
      Appreciate the discussion about offside/onside penalty/no penalty will prop up as its a contentious issue, but surely that's not the point of this thread. This is about actions of the officials.

1st penalty: As evidenced, ref was not sure, linesman not sure, but ref calls a penalty anyway. wrong
      Additionally, the evidence of the fist pump. wrong

2nd penalty: Ref said no. Linesman called it in favour. Ref changed his mind. The question here is why? The actions in regard to the 1st penalty cast doubt over the decision to call the 2nd. Whether it was in fact a penalty or not is not the issue. It's the process and how the decision was made. Was it bias again? Seemingly so.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #35: Feb 04, 2018 11:07:59 pm
      That’s the crime Si. 

The rules are nonsense but you CAN’T give what you don’t see as a a team of ref/asst ref.

I think the 4th official is the one who actually told the area to give it.. Once he hold his ear piece to get confirmation he gives it..
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #36: Feb 04, 2018 11:09:23 pm
      We never got the chance, Moss had made his mind up within seconds of the linesman asking to refer to the 4th official for clarification.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Feb 04, 2018 11:10:56 pm
      Appreciate the discussion about offside/onside penalty/no penalty will prop up as its a contentious issue, but surely that's not the point of this thread. This is about actions of the officials.

1st penalty: As evidenced, ref was not sure, linesman not sure, but ref calls a penalty anyway. wrong
      Additionally, the evidence of the fist pump. wrong

2nd penalty: Ref said no. Linesman called it in favour. Ref changed his mind. The question here is why? The actions in regard to the 1st penalty cast doubt over the decision to call the 2nd. Whether it was in fact a penalty or not is not the issue. It's the process and how the decision was made. Was it bias again? Seemingly so.
      Second penalty was very soft, but VD stuck a knee up. There weren't a need to do that really but he did it. Soft penalties are given often, but the first penalty is offside because of the position of Kane when the ball was played. Lovren getting a touch on the ball shouldn't really make a difference because at that point offside had already happened. You don't need to touch the ball to be offside, you just need to have the ball played to you whilst in an offside position.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #38: Feb 04, 2018 11:11:40 pm
      Mad the way this has not been mentioned at all. If that wasn't England's number 1 darling striker but a foreigner, Suarez for example,  Sky would've been all over it making out that he went down quicker than a tenner a suck prozzy.

F***ing cheats mate pure and simple.
      One of their crew got booked for diving in the area, obvious to a blind man their only reply to being trounced was taking shape - cheat.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2018 02:34:23 pm by stuey »
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #39: Feb 04, 2018 11:13:25 pm

yeah I know, he lifted his legs like he was taking off. Textbook!! Nothing from the commentators.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #40: Feb 04, 2018 11:13:52 pm
      You can't have Liverpool 3 points behind the Mancs, the Mancs would crumble under the pressure..

FA as Rafa said cannot be impartial with united supporters on the board..

Martin Atkinson gives the green light for the penalty..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #41: Feb 04, 2018 11:19:39 pm
      VVD pulled his leg back NOT to make contact.

........................ ........................ ........................ .........

LFC need to make a formal complaint to the Football League and we need to make sure the fist-pumping goes viral so that MOTD pick up on it next week ...... as if ....... ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42: Feb 04, 2018 11:22:57 pm
      I think the contact is extremely dubious.

The offside isn’t as I understand the laws - but I do think they’ve fu**ed about with offside so much it’s just a mess.

Ethically I think it’s wrong that it’s not offside.

Agree because the same advantage is gained. I guess the counter argument would be that a deflection wouldn't exonerate Kane, but an attempted clearance does - but then I would come back with to tell players to ignore an attempted through pass in close quarters is pretty risky as well.

Virgil is quoted in The Echo as pointing out that Kane dived anyway (and of course Karius, who was pretty good today - saved it anyway). But that 2nd award, that is the one that is going to keep me up tonight. Injustice was done to us.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #43: Feb 04, 2018 11:26:01 pm

Should be fired.

Did the BBC highlight the fist pump from the Ass.Ref.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #44: Feb 04, 2018 11:28:44 pm

Should be fired.

So he gave Spurs the benefits of the doubt on both occasions, even though he had initially thought it wasn't a pen on the second one.
      Sounds like someone's a little biased there  :roll:
      c**t.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #45: Feb 04, 2018 11:30:02 pm
      Did the BBC highlight the fist pump from the Ass.Ref.

Pretty sure they didn't.

Quick Reply