Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Linesman fist pumps Spurs penalty

Read 18634 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Linesman fist pumps Spurs penalty
      Reply #184: Feb 09, 2018 12:00:16 pm
      It is all out in the open, nowhere to hide and the world is looking at and laughing at how the FA deals with the matter at the moment. Italian clubs got punished for corruption, so did many other major leagues. But, the FA still feels that they are mightily  good and everything is well and dandy, when it is not.

Why did the bloody ref has to consult that baboon Martin Atkinson whom was not even looking at the screen for an opinion???  On surface the ref could be the worst culprit when a 4th official not even looking at the screen gave a bias opinion suggests to me that Ross may have been manipulated by Atkinson and/or somebody in a much higher authority that diver spuds to win at all cost. Football bets rules the game in modern days and money talks, not clubs, players or those officiating the game.

Does the FA dares to carry out an enquiry and weed out all these parasites and to carry out a total revamp and to punish those current and past referees???
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #185: Feb 09, 2018 01:11:44 pm
      It's a different culture.

A rugby ref is seen as authority. A football ref is seen as an inconvenience. Someone to intimidate, influence, con, and (no matter how right he is) always wrong. Coaches hold him responsible for everything from bad results to serious injuries, while fans say he's biased against them. Just look at the foolish behaviour from 2 senior players last week during the chat over the penalty decision, and the reaction to the penalty the week before.

One of the few positives to come from the FIFA scandal was Platini's downfall. With him, there would be no VAR, what I described above would be allowed to continue, and the game would still be a cheaters charter. With VAR the game will be cleaned up. In 2 years time, diving will be non existent, calls made will be correct, and protesting decisions will be pointless. Like in rugby, we will have to wait a bit for decisions to be confirmed, but we will have a cleaner sport and the ref will be respected a lot more.

I agree with many of your posts, and I definitely agree that the behavior toward officials in football is not right, but I think you are overly optimistic about the overall effect of VAR. Yes, some wrongs will be corrected, but I've seen it come full circle in other sports with long delays and micro-analyzing things that nobody could ever see in real time, and the certainty that all will be made right I think is misplaced. I guess we'll find out.

Just wondering if you don't mind my asking, are you by chance a referee?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #186: Feb 09, 2018 01:12:57 pm
      No thanks.
      Like I say I tried watching it when I was younger.
      I even played it (so I could go on the year 10 trip to Amsterdam  ;) )

It's boring

Seriously

except rhythmic gymnastics or synchronized swimming. You can keep your money for those two "sports."
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #187: Feb 09, 2018 01:16:32 pm
      That's f**king mental. Assumed it was a hoax at first, but apparently not. There's some other ones of Mike Dean reffing Spurs as well on there. How can he get away with that?

Isn't he just pleased that he allowed play to continue rather than call it back for an offence? I understand it can look bad (and they are probably discouraged from doing this), but I think that's what the guy in our match was about as well - happy that he won his argument.  If a ref was truly biased, on the take or whatever, he probably wouldn't be celebrating his biased decisions. It would kind of be a giveaway.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #188: Feb 09, 2018 03:03:05 pm
      Over here in the Irish League (N.Ireland), we have a ref that's supports Linfield (bas**rds), was photographed wearing a Linfield shirt, and was allowed to ref an Irish cup final involving Linfield!

It was like the the semi final of the 2011 Rugby World Cup. We had just knocked Ireland out in the quarters and were playing France in the semi final. The referee? Alain Rolland (born in Ireland)!!

Irish mother and French father! How does that happen?

Then he sends off Warburton for a perfectly legitimate tackle on the pansy frog Vincent Clerc and killed the game off.

Disgusting.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #189: Feb 09, 2018 03:05:22 pm
      We've been screwed over by the F.A. for years now. It will never change.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #190: Feb 09, 2018 05:52:41 pm
      I can't get over this it was daylight robbery and most of the pundits talk sh*te!

The ref Moss says that when he said about touching the ball he wasn't sure of the players name.  Then why the F**k did he go to the linesman.  He saw a playing trying to clear the ball touching it and the linesman hasn't flagged off side.   Why has he gone to the linesman?  Please someone explain this to me.  If he saw it then in his eyes it was a stone wall penalty, why then did he go to the linesman?  Lets not take into consideration that there was a flick from Gini and a step over from lamela before the ball makes its way to Lovren.  But that isn't the point.  He said afterwards that he wasn't sure of the identity of the player.  So why? 
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #191: Feb 09, 2018 06:48:58 pm
      Wasn't that long ago that it was only foreign players who where accused of feigning injury and diving. And such like skullduggery, Now Frenchman Arthur Wenger has reignited the diving controversy, after the LFC/Spurs game, by branding the English " Masters of the dive".

Look what shame Dele Ali and Mr. Goodie two shoes Kane have brought upon the country. Arthur, who has been in the vanguard of the beautiful game for yonks, now pillories the English as the skullduggers.

Pochettino said it's about tricking people...or to put it more honestly..tricking the officials.

The Pochettino Coaching Manual: How to con the Ref and get away with it, aided & abetted by the FA obviously.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,544 posts | 243 
      Reply #192: Feb 09, 2018 08:05:36 pm
      It was only the luck of the microphones picking up the shambles of the first pen, which makes me believe that sort of conversation goes on quite a lot
      I'm all for the rugby approach let's hear what's going on all the time
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #193: Feb 09, 2018 08:59:40 pm
      Quote from Robby The Z
      I agree with many of your posts, and I definitely agree that the behavior toward officials in football is not right, but I think you are overly optimistic about the overall effect of VAR. Yes, some wrongs will be corrected, but I've seen it come full circle in other sports with long delays and micro-analyzing things that nobody could ever see in real time, and the certainty that all will be made right I think is misplaced. I guess we'll find out.

Just wondering if you don't mind my asking, are you by chance a referee?

No.

I've no problems with long delays. Or even micro analysing decisions. If that's what it takes to get the right decision, that's fine. There's too much on the line for decisions to be called wrong.

I assume in your profession, as in most professions, that everything has to be right, and if there are mistakes, there are consequences. So why should football be different?

VAR has done the job it's supposed to do so far. Pretty much every decision has been called correctly. As I said some time ago, arguing against it is similar to arguing against the need for air traffic control.

Quick Reply