Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The Future Of Our Players On Loan

Read 5217 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Re: The Future Of Our Players On Loan
      Reply #46: Feb 12, 2018 08:26:30 pm
      He might still do in a bizarre way Rodriguez will be miffed at being dropped  and may have a blinder

Hazzard....great lay off by Giroud...just after he missed a sitter...1-0
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #47: Feb 12, 2018 08:34:42 pm

Might be the humane thing to do.

I mean I'm no physio but didn't Owen say he had to do half an hour stretching before a game and many hours strengthening and conditioning the hamstrings just to be able to get out there.
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #48: Feb 12, 2018 08:39:51 pm
      Giroud just did a stupid dive, then gets kicked in head on the ground...pure accident...but the moral is Don't Dive in the box when there's boots flying about...serves him right..
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #49: Feb 12, 2018 08:49:23 pm
      Southgate in the stands at the Chelsea game...come to run the rule over Sturridge...I can report that Sturridge looked good...till he fell over..

Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #50: Feb 12, 2018 09:27:21 pm
      Baggies 3-0 down and off to the Championship...so they won't be signing Sturridge...should've sold Johnny Evans and bought some decent goal threat.
      « Last Edit: Feb 12, 2018 09:31:24 pm by Harrisimo »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #51: Feb 12, 2018 10:08:16 pm
      Not a fanatic for Sturridge or anything, but I can't help but feel sad for a guy who was in such good for us at one time, to see how much his career has been sidelined by fitness issues. It probably ends his final chance to make the World Cup this summer as well.

Liverpool will have to lower the valuation for him come the summer.
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #52: Feb 13, 2018 12:24:29 am
      Not a fanatic for Sturridge or anything, but I can't help but feel sad for a guy who was in such good for us at one time, to see how much his career has been sidelined by fitness issues. It probably ends his final chance to make the World Cup this summer as well.

Liverpool will have to lower the valuation for him come the summer.

I've took the lash a few times in this thread but I was sorry to see him go. I loved his game and I said a few times in the Klopp thread that I wanted him to stay. If he can get back to fitness he could do well for WB but I think they are beyond saving but whatever Sturridge will surely move on permanently in the close season.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #53: Feb 13, 2018 12:29:47 am
      The sad truth is that most youth products don't make it, the financial truth is, if developed enough and with strategic loaning, they are a good revenue source.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #54: Feb 13, 2018 02:45:17 pm
      The sad truth is that most youth products don't make it, the financial truth is, if developed enough and with strategic loaning, they are a good revenue source.

I get what you are saying and yet...the players at the best teams come from somewhere.

I'd love to take a look at the top 6 teams in England, for maybe the final 16 in the Champions League, and ID the developing club for each of their 25 top squad members. I wonder who the leaders would be. A club in South America or Africa, maybe?

Conversely, over the past 10 years, who are the first team players playing in more than 10 matches (in the Premiership) who were developed by Liverpool?

Quick Reply