Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The Future Of Our Players On Loan

Read 5215 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4893 
      Re: The Future Of Our Players On Loan
      Reply #23: Feb 10, 2018 05:16:55 pm
      Loans. Don’t. Work.

None will be first team players. All will be gone inside 3 years.

Tend to agree here Mags.

I can't really remember the last player we sent on loan to come back and have any meaningful contribution to the first team?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24: Feb 10, 2018 05:50:20 pm

Rio Ferdinand, Jermaine Defoe, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Danny Murphy, Daniel Sturridge, Romelu Lukaku, Victor Moses, Danny Welbeck & arguably Jack Wilshere.

The only ones on there that 'worked' were over 15 years ago. Sturridge at Bolton, maybe. Welbeck is sh*t, Moses is sh*t... Lukaku should have never been loaned in the first place and should have been playing but fair enough did well on loan.

It just doesn't work, loaned players are ones that no one wants to buy mostly.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #25: Feb 10, 2018 06:14:47 pm
      Just looked on the Cardiff forum, they are not so keen on Grujic after 4 games.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #26: Feb 10, 2018 06:16:39 pm
      Loans. Don’t. Work.

None will be first team players. All will be gone inside 3 years.

Not that easy to say one way or the other. Players go out for different reasons. Top clubs have to more or less buy off the peg quality, so young players get very few serious runs in a top side. So they drift down the league.

There is also the fact that only a few of the crop of young players coming thru ever make it and even less go on to be top players, so it's not that loaning out young players doesn't work. Clubs know that most of the kids coming thru will fall by the wayside regardless.

Loaning young players out does in fact improve their value and help the club get £1m or £2m, sometimes more and that helps recoup the cost of development.
      « Last Edit: Feb 10, 2018 06:20:45 pm by Harrisimo »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27: Feb 10, 2018 07:45:58 pm
      The only ones on there that 'worked' were over 15 years ago. Sturridge at Bolton, maybe. Welbeck is sh*t, Moses is sh*t... Lukaku should have never been loaned in the first place and should have been playing but fair enough did well on loan.

It just doesn't work, loaned players are ones that no one wants to buy mostly.
      Keita...??  >:D >:D >:D >:D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #28: Feb 10, 2018 08:20:36 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #29: Feb 10, 2018 09:08:57 pm
      I know we have not paid yet but isn't he our player who we have loaned back to them until the summer, was that not the deal...?
      « Last Edit: Feb 10, 2018 11:49:44 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30: Feb 10, 2018 10:09:28 pm
      I know we havw not paid yet but isn't he our player who we have loaned back to them until the summer, was that not the deal...?
      No because to loan a player you need to own the player, there has been no deal go through yet. He has signed a contract to join us, but it doesn't activate until July so until then he is not counted as a Liverpool player. It is not the same system where we purchased Origi and loaned him out. The reason Keita is different is because Keita will be a bit cheaper if Leipzig don't qualify for champions league. It's a strange and deal I know.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #31: Feb 10, 2018 11:50:56 pm
      No because to loan a player you need to own the player, there has been no deal go through yet. He has signed a contract to join us, but it doesn't activate until July so until then he is not counted as a Liverpool player. It is not the same system where we purchased Origi and loaned him out. The reason Keita is different is because Keita will be a bit cheaper if Leipzig don't qualify for champions league. It's a strange and deal I know.
             That right but It was not the way we were sold the story
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #32: Feb 11, 2018 01:59:05 am
             That right but It was not the way we were sold the story

I don't recall the story ever being that we were loaning him back for a year, just that it was a transfer effective July, 2018, as that is when his release clause took effect.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #33: Feb 11, 2018 11:32:21 am
       I was not trying to defend something which is wrong,or claiming what i was saying is right, I was merely pointing out to Rib' that this was the way the media was reporting the story...

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/10/liverpool-told-can-sign-rb-leipzig-star-naby-keita-early-pay-13m-fee-7220217/

Liverpool’s hopes of bringing forward Naby Keita’s move to Anfield have been boosted after RB Leipzig softened their stance, according to reports in Germany.

The dynamic midfielder has already agreed a £48m move to Liverpool next summer and is effectively on loan at Leipzig, though the Reds have been trying to bring forward the deal following Philippe Coutinho’s move to Barcelona.

This not only came from the metro, but i believe BBC sports,Sky Sports and a few other papers were stating the same thing...
      And part of the reason that Leizig agreed the sell to Keita us was in effect that we allowed the player to stay a extra season with them (effectively a loan)... But as side this being a friendly swipe at on of Mags post, in the true sense of the word "Loan" we do not own the player

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34: Feb 11, 2018 12:05:27 pm
      I was not trying to defend something which is wrong,or claiming what i was saying is right, I was merely pointing out to Rib' that this was the way the media was reporting the story...

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/10/liverpool-told-can-sign-rb-leipzig-star-naby-keita-early-pay-13m-fee-7220217/

Liverpool’s hopes of bringing forward Naby Keita’s move to Anfield have been boosted after RB Leipzig softened their stance, according to reports in Germany.

The dynamic midfielder has already agreed a £48m move to Liverpool next summer and is effectively on loan at Leipzig, though the Reds have been trying to bring forward the deal following Philippe Coutinho’s move to Barcelona.

This not only came from the metro, but i believe BBC sports,Sky Sports and a few other papers were stating the same thing...
      And part of the reason that Leizig agreed the sell to Keita us was in effect that we allowed the player to stay a extra season with them (effectively a loan)... But as side this being a friendly swipe at on of Mags post, in the true sense of the word "Loan" we do not own the player
      effectively means not officially, I think you've miss interpretated the media a little bit.

Loans can be good for financial damage control on the wage bill for players that didn't work out.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35: Feb 11, 2018 12:29:39 pm
      Lots of players go out on loan and return to make an impact at their clubs, or elsewhere... just from a quick look at England internationals, Frank Lampard, John Terry, David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand, Danny Murphy, Joe Hart, Harry Kane, Danny Rose, Kyle Walker, Ryan Bertrand, Jesse Lingard, Ross Barkley, Adam Lallana, Daniel Sturridge, Jermain Defoe... not to mention the likes of Christensen, Lukaku, Kevin de Bruyne, and I'm sure there are more.

Obviously this is not going to be the majority of them, as most are just loaned out because they're not good enough for the teams they currently play at.

This is not to say that loaning players out doesn't "work". The vast, vast majority of players that go through football academies turn out to be nothing as well, so you could say that "academies don't work" and scrap that as well?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36: Feb 11, 2018 02:22:00 pm
      effectively means not officially, I think you've miss interpretated the media a little bit.

Loans can be good for financial damage control on the wage bill for players that didn't work out.
      So that it...? you are going to argue over the Meaning for the word "effectively" ok a quick search of the meaning of the word throws up

in such a manner as to achieve a desired result.
      "make sure that resources are used effectively"

actually but not officially or explicitly.
      "they were effectively controlled by the people they were supposed to be investigating"

B2 in a way that is successful and achieves what you want:
      The tablets work more effectively if you take a hot drink after them.
      ​
      C2 used when you describe what the real result of a situation is:
      His wife left him when the children were small, so he effectively brought up the family himself.
      Effectively, we have to start again from scratch.

in an effective manner dealt with the problem effectively

in effect : virtually by withholding further funds they effectively killed the project

So guest it has more than one meaning

As stated before this was a comical/Friendly swipe at Mags not a statement of fact
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #37: Feb 11, 2018 02:36:30 pm
      I would think looking at that list I would give Wilson and Ojo a long shot at being here at the club and playing with senior squad in a couple of years.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #38: Feb 11, 2018 02:44:40 pm
      Think Kent and Ojo have a chance to claim a squad place next season
      Ejaria has time on his side but another who has a chance.
      I would have thought by now that we would have heard and seen more encouraging things from Allan after all his loan spells in order to get a work permit.
      Grujic seems like a rough diamond but has the basics there
      Origi has pace but lacks the basic element of control, awareness and that clinical nature needed as a striker. I say sell.
      Wilson, as far more informed others have posted seems to have a lot of potential but pace is one thing that can’t be coached.
      Pedro always looked like a tidy and clever little player but would have thought he would have played more over the last couple of seasons if he was truly rated
      As for the rest, don’t hold out much hope.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Feb 12, 2018 12:47:13 pm
      Awoniyi scored twice in Belgium this weekend, just providing equal time. Flanagan an unused sub again.
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #40: Feb 12, 2018 08:04:30 pm
      Sturridge has done his hamstring....after 90 seconds..
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #41: Feb 12, 2018 08:08:11 pm

You beat me to it, loan vindicated then
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #42: Feb 12, 2018 08:08:26 pm

Good open game tho..WB having a go...pity about Sturridge..
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #43: Feb 12, 2018 08:11:30 pm
      You beat me to it, loan vindicated then

Pity because he could've done some damage to Chelsea rather than to himself.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #44: Feb 12, 2018 08:13:57 pm
      Glue factory for studge sadly
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #45: Feb 12, 2018 08:14:52 pm
      Pity because he could've done some damage to Chelsea rather than to himself.

He might still do in a bizarre way Rodriguez will be miffed at being dropped  and may have a blinder

Quick Reply