Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 251159 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1265: Dec 20, 2021 12:34:56 pm
      Demot whet round the house a little on ref watch but basically said Kane lucky man to stay on the pitch but also agreed it should of been a penalty for you lot!  ;D

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1266: Dec 20, 2021 02:00:14 pm
      //DErmot and Walton and we wonder why we have poor Refs when these are so called experts. Time to bring in some proper refs in from abroad even with VAR they just dont understand the game.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1267: Dec 20, 2021 09:50:24 pm
      VAR is good just the cu*ts who interpret the results, great on something that is fact ie offside, but something that requires interpretation is open to abuse, take the amount of soft penalties last week, this week no stone wall penalties and guess who doesn't get them
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #1268: Dec 24, 2021 08:45:39 pm
      Quote from andylfcynwa
      Bet it will still get defended by the one , never wanted it , still don’t.

Well it's here whether you want it or not. If you really don't want it, you can watch the Championship instead. Until they have it as well, and you can then work your way down the leagues until you find one where mistakes cost money, and where cheating is tolerated and even encouraged.

Robbo's challenge was awful, and there could only be one possible outcome. When he admits that himself and Jürgen accepts it, that should be that, but I'm still reading red after red queueing up here to say he should have stayed on. Kane should have walked but once the yellow was given, I didn't expect it to be reviewed. It would have been last year, until people complained that football is a contact sport and wanted more physicality to go unpunished. So it is.

As for the penalty claims, the ref turned them all down for both sides. On all the main incidents, the ref told the VAR what he saw, that resulted in the decision he gave. The VAR took that on board when watching the replays. If the replays reflect what the ref told him, the check is complete. If it doesn't, he is advised to review it again on the monitor, and takes the responsibility for whatever follows. The ultimate enforcer of the lotg is the one with the whistle, whether he takes advice from his linesman, fourth official, or VAR. He has the authority to accept their advice or ignore them all.

Unless it's an emergency everything else, and I do mean everything else, can wait until our game is over, hence why millions of us from Seattle to Sydney, take a break from here during the game and focus on the action on the pitch. When it's over, we can debate what happened. But we see again the fallout when either VAR is not available, or not used effectively when it is available. Because that's what the game without VAR looks like.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1269: Dec 24, 2021 08:54:33 pm
      Well it's here whether you want it or not. If you really don't want it, you can watch the Championship instead. Until they have it as well, and you can then work your way down the leagues until you find one where mistakes cost money, and where cheating is tolerated and even encouraged.

Robbo's challenge was awful, and there could only be one possible outcome. When he admits that himself and Jürgen accepts it, that should be that, but I'm still reading red after red queueing up here to say he should have stayed on. Kane should have walked but once the yellow was given, I didn't expect it to be reviewed. It would have been last year, until people complained that football is a contact sport and wanted more physicality to go unpunished. So it is.

As for the penalty claims, the ref turned them all down for both sides. On all the main incidents, the ref told the VAR what he saw, that resulted in the decision he gave. The VAR took that on board when watching the replays. If the replays reflect what the ref told him, the check is complete. If it doesn't, he is advised to review it again on the monitor, and takes the responsibility for whatever follows. The ultimate enforcer of the lotg is the one with the whistle, whether he takes advice from his linesman, fourth official, or VAR. He has the authority to accept their advice or ignore them all.

Unless it's an emergency everything else, and I do mean everything else, can wait until our game is over, hence why millions of us from Seattle to Sydney, take a break from here during the game and focus on the action on the pitch. When it's over, we can debate what happened. But we see again the fallout when either VAR is not available, or not used effectively when it is available. Because that's what the game without VAR looks like.

Easy to reply with a answer a week later after you’ve revised all the evidence and not on the day of the match isn’t it…  Copy & paste merchant with no opinion apart from what you read.  ;) ;) ;)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1270: Dec 24, 2021 10:04:42 pm

nobody reads your crap. if you try to make it shorter people might notice it but life is far too short to read any of your posts
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1271: Dec 24, 2021 10:46:38 pm
      Until they have it as well, and you can then work your way down the leagues until you find one where mistakes cost money, and where cheating is tolerated and even encouraged.

Like the Premier League then because the mistakes they made in the Spurs game could potentially cost us the title this season which in turn would cost money.

We were downright cheated out of the game vs Spurs even with your precious VAR.

and there could only be one possible outcome. When he admits that himself and Jürgen accepts it, that should be that, but I'm still reading red after red queueing up here to say he should have stayed on.

You really are a self righteous jumped up tool aren’t you lad. Couldn’t be any more patronising there if you tried.

As for the rest of your post, can’t even be bothered wasting my time to read it when you are already coming out with this bollocks.
      No doubt a Tory.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #1272: Dec 24, 2021 11:17:44 pm
      Quote from waltonl4
      nobody reads your. if you try to make it shorter people might notice it

This is a discussion forum, and we're not restricted to just 280 characters to make our points. If you don't have the time to read it, then I'm sorry but I can't help you.

Quote from Keith Singleton
      Easy to reply with a answer a week later after you’ve revised all the evidence and not on the day of the match.

As with VAR itself, I'm not very interested in how long it is or how long it takes. I'll post what I have to post when I'm ready to do so.

Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Like the Premier League then because the mistakes they made in the Spurs game could potentially cost us the title this season which in turn would cost money.

No doubt a Tory.

It's difficult to be a Tory when you can't vote for them. VAR is used as a refereeing tool in games across the world. It has absolutely nothing to do with the ins and outs of British party politics.

VAR never guaranteed perfection, mistakes will be made from time to time. But there has been, and will be, far less errors when it can be used, than when it is not available.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1273: Dec 25, 2021 08:14:14 am

VAR never guaranteed perfection, mistakes will be made from time to time.

Wow, someone’s changed their tune as that’s not what you’ve been saying all along

If it doesn’t guarantee the correct decision all the time then the exchange for the passion killer it is surely isn’t worth it

If you’re taking spontaneity and reaction from match going crowds then surely the only way to balance that is by saying that at least you know you’re getting the correct decision all the time not just some of the time
      As you’ve been saying all along

Surely if we have to have this then it should remove mistakes ALL the time, pointless if not
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1274: Dec 25, 2021 11:44:58 pm
      why would anyone bother to read a word of this members posts on VAR it is a shambles and reflect the obvious fact that  Referee's and their ilk understand the rules but not the game of football very much like lfc in Birkenhead
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1275: Dec 26, 2021 10:01:10 am
      why would anyone bother to read a word of this members posts on VAR it is a shambles and reflect the obvious fact that  Referee's and their ilk understand the rules but not the game of football very much like lfc in Birkenhead

I’m not even sure if he supports Liverpool being honest, doesn’t even say Merry Christmas to his so called fellow reds. Never post in match threads which extremely strange  :roll:

He only ever post in the VAR thread after listening to all the facts then just repeats them.  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1276: Dec 26, 2021 11:38:32 am
      I watched a few highlights from ESPN and the likes and they are absolutely scathing of VAR and Refs in general. someone said if the Refs had come out and said we got it wrong this time and will reflect and improve people would still be unhappy but accept they had acknowledged what the rest of the footballing world saw Kane trying to break Andy's leg or Jota being floored because he was on the pitch. fat chance like the
       Royal Family Motto goes Never explain never complain .
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1277: Dec 26, 2021 11:46:40 am
      I’m not even sure if he supports Liverpool being honest, doesn’t even say Merry Christmas to his so called fellow reds. Never post in match threads which extremely strange  :roll:

He only ever post in the VAR thread after listening to all the facts then just repeats them.  :lmao:
      There’s no chance he supports LFC, he’d sooner defend over teams players than his own, don’t think I’ve ever seen him say a good thing about our club or players.

If he does, his support is 95% VAR and 5% LFC… if he was ever given the sole decision on wether LFC or VAR ceased to exist, he’d definitely chose to save VAR.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1278: Dec 26, 2021 01:21:44 pm

Wait I just realised you just ruined your own argument…. Wasn’t Robbo given a yellow card first? So why would you expect his to be reviewed and not Kanes?

Don’t get me wrong we all know Robbo was a red, and nobody is arguing that, what people are arguing is one was reviewed and one wasn’t, yet you come on here and expect us to believe Kanes shouldn’t have been reviewed.

There’s no way you can word your way out of this one, both were obvious red card challenges, that were given yellow, only one was reviewed, how can you explain that one away?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #1279: Dec 26, 2021 01:33:24 pm
      VAR never guaranteed perfection, mistakes will be made from time to time. But there has been, and will be, far less errors when it can be used, than when it is not available.

Utter bullshit! It's ruining the game, from non-celebrating of goals to even F**k ups like the Kane decision. It's actual use hasn't mafe the game better, just more F***ing tedious.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #1280: Dec 26, 2021 01:38:30 pm
      Robbo's challenge was awful, and there could only be one possible outcome. When he admits that himself and Jürgen accepts it, that should be that, but I'm still reading red after red queueing up here to say he should have stayed on. Kane should have walked but once the yellow was given, I didn't expect it to be reviewed.

Both challenges were F***ing awful. Point is pr**k using VAR reviewed Robbo's challenge after being given a yelliw card, why wasn't the same done after the Kane challenge. The whole point being that the tw*ts actually using VAR are incompetent and far too inconsistent in how it's being applied.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1281: Dec 26, 2021 02:07:39 pm
      It’s pretty obvious he’s chosen to be the pantomime villain of the forum, he’s seen a way to get attention, even if it has be negative, because he has nothing else to offer the forum at all not being an actual LFC supporter, he can’t join discussions about the actual football because he doesn’t watch us, just looks at the numbers and stats afterwards, I mean, after he evaluated the referees and VARs stats of course so he can create three or four paragraphs of word spinning, and failing at that, to try and cover for their failings.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1282: Dec 26, 2021 02:57:51 pm
      Wait I just realised you just ruined your own argument…. Wasn’t Robbo given a yellow card first? So why would you expect his to be reviewed and not Kanes?

Don’t get me wrong we all know Robbo was a red, and nobody is arguing that, what people are arguing is one was reviewed and one wasn’t, yet you come on here and expect us to believe Kanes shouldn’t have been reviewed.

There’s no way you can word your way out of this one, both were obvious red card challenges, that were given yellow, only one was reviewed, how can you explain that one away?

This should tell you why  ;)
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #1283: Dec 26, 2021 08:50:59 pm
      Quote from waltonl4

It's fairly important for referees to understand the rules, but VAR has never been to Birkenhead, and neither have I.

Quote from Keith Singleton
      I’m not even sure if he supports Liverpool being honest, doesn’t even say Merry Christmas to his so called fellow reds. Never post in match threads which extremely strange

He only ever post in the VAR thread after listening to all the facts then just repeats them.

One quality I do have is patience. So in case you forgot what I said the last time, I post what I have to say on this or any thread, when I'm ready. I do post in match threads, just not during the match itself, as it takes up all my concentration at the time. When it's over, then we can chat about what happened.

I made my position clear on VAR from Day 1 of it's use and unlike you, I have never changed it. 

This time of the year has never been the most wonderful time of the year for me. And in certain regions of the world, December 25 is no more important than any other day. Throw in the curfews and the restrictions and the lockdowns in case someone gets a sore throat, and it's even less merry a time of year than it used to be.

However, when the t&c here states that "you are required to state Merry Christmas, even to those in parts of the world where Christmas is not merry or not the most wonderful time of the year", then I will obviously comply with the statement.

Quote from AlwaysTheKop
      Don’t get me wrong we all know Robbo was a red, and nobody is arguing that

Wrong. A basic post search will show that you sparked off this running argument immediately after Robbo got his card, and targeting me specifically if I "stick up for this". Well most of us had no option but to do that, because it was clear and obvious what should happen. None of us is happy about it, but when the correct decision is made then I can't question it. Only now, a week later, do you admit that the decision was correct.

Quote from Redman7804
      Wow, If it doesn’t guarantee the correct decision all the time then the exchange for the passion killer it is surely isn’t worth it

If you’re taking spontaneity and reaction from match going crowds then surely the only way to balance that is by saying that at least you know you’re getting the correct decision all the time not just some of the time
      As you’ve been saying all along

Surely if we have to have this then it should remove mistakes ALL the time, pointless if not

Spontaneity has never won a point in the history of the game, but results have, so the results have to be right. VAR is not an experiment, it is now a permanent feature of every Liverpool league game, so if you're going to one of our games, you automatically accept that it may be needed, to get the right decision. As I will when I can go to my next one.

Other major sports simply accept that the use of technology is essential, and just get on with it. With VAR, the stats show we have more than 99% of decisions correct, within it's remit. And the amount of times you hear "good decision", "right decision", "correct decision" after it was used, shows that we're now getting the correct decision almost every single time. As we should, with everything that is resting on it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1284: Dec 26, 2021 09:01:41 pm

One quality I do have is patience. So in case you forgot what I said the last time, I post what I have to say on this or any thread, when I'm ready. I do post in match threads, just not during the match itself, as it takes up all my concentration at the time. When it's over, then we can chat about what happened.

Problem is you personally don’t have a opinion live in running, you takes days/week of listening to media/bullshite before having the bottle to say something. Time to put you back on ignore as it will take you a week to answer.  :f_whistle:
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1285: Dec 26, 2021 09:49:11 pm

Wrong. A basic post search will show that you sparked off this running argument immediately after Robbo got his card, and targeting me specifically if I "stick up for this". Well most of us had no option but to do that, because it was clear and obvious what should happen. None of us is happy about it, but when the correct decision is made then I can't question it. Only now, a week later, do you admit that the decision was correct.

PLEASE show me where I have said the Robbo wasn’t a red card!? Please!!!
      I’ve maintained from the start that if that’s a red then Kanes is a red. Not once did I say Robbos was not a red so stop making sh*t up you little wum.

And why are you still not answering the question… if Robbo’s obvious red got a yellow and it was checked by VAR, why did Kane get a yellow for a worse tackle and it was not checked? I know you didn’t answer because you can’t, but I’m keeping you on the spot, until you answer that, without PR style nonsense, nothing you say has any merit.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1286: Dec 26, 2021 09:51:34 pm
      And I can see you’re online and reading this section so how about you have the bollocks for once to reply before working on and typing a draft of nonsense.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1287: Dec 26, 2021 10:09:24 pm

Below is what I said and I quoted myself from this post to show you purposely removed half of my quote to spin it. Answer the rest of my quote fool.

Quick Reply