Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 239847 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1311: Jan 02, 2022 12:01:04 pm
      He/she will already be working on the defense, there will soon be a long drawn out statement as , to why we don’t understand and both decisions correct ,

That’s not for a few days yet. He has to listen to all social media & Tv comments first. Then he has a opinion  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1312: Jan 02, 2022 12:01:43 pm

That's good as I need something to send me to sleep at nights.  ;D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1313: Jan 02, 2022 12:56:52 pm

That's good as I need something to send me to sleep at nights.  ;D

you also need to wake up mate that stuff he posts will leave you in a coma
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1314: Jan 02, 2022 01:17:12 pm
      Can understand why both Pens not given thought Ederson got ball until replay. What I can't understand is how one was deemed clear and obvious and one wasn't and if anything the Ederson one should have been the one sent to monitor or even changed

It’s wrong that however many people spend however long looking at it from many different angles, can’t make a decision themselves so basically say to the ref “we haven’t got a clue, you go look”. 20 seconds later the decision has been changed when looking at the screen. Several people in a room without the pressure of a crowd etc can’t make a decision but the ref can miraculously make one instantly. Also amazing how 99% of decisions are changed when the ref goes to the screen.

There needs to be more transparency and broadcast exactly what is being said between the officials when VAR is in use because IMO that would show further the incompetence of the officials. I believe in some other countries they do broadcast it and it does work better.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1315: Jan 02, 2022 02:08:57 pm
      you also need to wake up mate that stuff he posts will leave you in a coma

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1316: Jan 03, 2022 08:53:49 pm
      Are officals ever held responsible for poor calls be it ref or var official?

Peno in everton game had similarities to Diogos non pen.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1317: Jan 03, 2022 08:59:11 pm
      Quote from rossyred
      Can understand why both Pens not given thought Ederson got ball until replay. What I can't understand is how one was deemed clear and obvious and one wasn't and if anything the Ederson one should have been the one sent to monitor or even changed

I can't make my mind up on it. One angle shows the keeper got the ball, another shows he didn't. It's not clear and obvious, so the ref's original decision can't be reviewed. That would also be the case if he gave the penalty on the field.

We had a similiar incident with Fabinho last season at Fulham, one angle showed he fouled his opponent in the box, another didn't. The ref reviewed it on his monitor, and stood by his original decision, no penalty.

The penalty that was given is clear and obvious. When you grab player's shirts in the box, you can't complain when it's spotted and punished. This sport is football, not rugby.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #1318: Jan 03, 2022 09:00:39 pm
      I can't make my mind up on it. One angle shows the keeper got the ball, another shows he didn't. It's not clear and obvious, so the ref's original decision can't be reviewed. That would also be the case if he gave the penalty on the field.

We had a similiar incident with Fabinho last season at Fulham, one angle showed he fouled his opponent in the box, another didn't. The ref reviewed it on his monitor, and stood by his original decision, no penalty.

The penalty that was given is clear and obvious. When you grab player's shirts in the box, you can't complain when it's spotted and punished. This sport is football, not rugby.

At every and I mean every corner I see you will see someone grabbing at a shirt or arm even arms around bodies and they are not given
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1319: Jan 03, 2022 11:59:44 pm
      Yes you will see that, and refs have the right to punish it every time. Only then will it stop.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1320: Jan 04, 2022 09:21:50 pm
      Jeez its F**k bad enough having FSG's very own Spin Doctor on this forum but to have VAR's as well is just taking the piss
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1474 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1321: Jan 04, 2022 10:07:14 pm
      Jeez its f**k bad enough having FSG's very own Spin Doctor on this forum but to have VAR's as well is just taking the piss
      Yup, and they only do it to get attention they so desperately need in their lives, gotta feel sorry for them a little haven’t you, a sad existence.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1322: Jan 04, 2022 10:19:41 pm
      Yup, and they only do it to get attention they so desperately need in their lives, gotta feel sorry for them a little haven’t you, a sad existence.

Funny enough their both trying to get involved in the F1 thread which they clearly no fook all about. Fortunately most of us ignore them now.  :lmao:
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1474 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1323: Jan 04, 2022 10:43:15 pm
      Funny enough their both trying to get involved in the F1 thread which they clearly no fook all about. Fortunately most of us ignore them now.  :lmao:
      He must be into the lines on the roads or summat, reminds him of VAR the kinky feck.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1324: Jan 05, 2022 06:01:09 pm

Luckily lfc across the water doesn't quote people properly so half of his replies go unnoticed anyway.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1325: Jan 07, 2022 10:46:04 pm
      Quote from AlwaysTheKop
      they only do it to get attention they so desperately need in their lives, gotta feel sorry for them a little haven’t you.

I feel sorry for our fans who obey instructions from mancs, and for those who don't want VAR to correct wrong decisions on the pitch. Because they don't have to put up with it in the former, but they do have to put up with it in the latter.

There are many ways to seek attention, posting about refereeing decisions is not one of them. Anyone who says otherwise, has made a clear and obvious error, because they're wrong, full stop.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1326: Jan 07, 2022 11:39:02 pm
      VAR to correct wrong decisions on the pitch.

Like vs Spurs? Oh, wait…
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1327: Jan 08, 2022 12:08:25 pm
      I feel sorry for our fans who obey instructions from mancs, and for those who don't want VAR to correct wrong decisions on the pitch. Because they don't have to put up with it in the former, but they do have to put up with it in the latter.

Our fans? It would help if you told us all who you support.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1474 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1328: Jan 08, 2022 12:33:26 pm
      You know he won’t reply to that, and if he does he’ll say ‘I commented on this in a past post’ which he hasn’t, just can’t stand saying they made a mistake, otherwise he’ll have to pull down that poster of the VAR monitor he wa**s off to every night.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1329: Jan 08, 2022 01:45:25 pm
      the FA Cup is a farce with so many games not able to use it whilst Prem league grounds will the FA have not provided a level playing field here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1330: Jan 08, 2022 03:38:45 pm

There are many ways to seek attention, posting about refereeing decisions is not one of them. Anyone who says otherwise, has made a clear and obvious error, because they're wrong, full stop.

I feel sorry for your constant defence of VAR like the Premier League is the only level of football in this country. The whole point of the game is that the rules apply on every level of the game. VAR dooesn't provide that as it's not available at every level. F**k the sportsmanship cos money rules.

I feel sorry for the fact you're Irish and so wound up by the mancs. Us scousers learnt to leave that level of hatred and obsession back in the 90s ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1331: Jan 08, 2022 04:36:10 pm

I feel sorry for the fact you're Irish and so wound up by the mancs. Us scousers learnt to leave that level of hatred and obsession back in the 90s ;)

Irish? Well I didn’t know that.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1332: Jan 08, 2022 05:29:19 pm
      Irish? Well I didn’t know that.

Across the water 🤷‍♂️

It’s not much of a guess is it 😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139