Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233491 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1656: May 08, 2023 02:53:43 pm
      I wasn't referring to united Keith. I'm talking about Var in general.

But OK, as an example ... Everton were refused a penalty for clear handball against city ... the weekend which would have seen us claw back more off a 15+ point deficit striking a vital blow ... only for it to be denied by a Manchester referee , backed up by a var ... from Manchester. Not to mention the ref that day klopps friend Mr Tierney has family who are city supporters.

Nobody wants to question it. Nobody wants to contemplate it. But its obvious. It doesn't get mentioned on Motd ... I wonder why this is.

As far as united go ... I don't watch other teams. I saw your result yesterday after checking the score a couple of times each half and beyond that I've no idea what happened in the game.

My apologies then Don I read your text wrong, my bad.   :f_doh:  Thers no doubting Klopp & Tierney have history and it does show on the sidelines. However, much as he does look biased towards you lot he defo got that one wrong last week with Jota not getting a red card. 

They say it swings in roundabouts but overall VAR hasnā€™t been to bad for you this year. Even remember reading a member posting as such but his name escapes me.  :f_doh:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1657: May 08, 2023 07:24:00 pm
      Another cock up by VAR, Pickford pushes over a player in the box off the ball yes but a blatant push, yet no penalty. VAR is a joke
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1658: May 08, 2023 07:29:10 pm
      Another cock up by VAR, Pickford pushes over a player in the box off the ball yes but a blatant push, yet no penalty. VAR is a joke

he didnt push him mate he f***in assaulted him and not even a foul just incredible and then when a Manager loses it the FA come down on them because they cant produce decent Referees
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1659: May 09, 2023 11:14:30 am
      Quote from higgy_sham
      Still no word on the handball incident in the United game from our resident VAR expert?

Banks didn't give it because he thought the arm was in it's natural position. When you look at the footage, the VAR can't argue it wasn't. Therefore he didn't intervene. Remember his job isn't to judge what is and isn't a handball, his job is to examine whether the ref missed something or not, and send the ref to the monitor. Anyone expecting an apology for a call that had no impact on the result, will be kept waiting.

Quote from Don77
      I wasn't referring to united Keith. I'm talking about Var in general.

But OK, as an example ... Everton were refused a penalty for clear handball against city ... the weekend which would have seen us claw back more off a 15+ point deficit striking a vital blow ... only for it to be denied by a Manchester referee , backed up by a var ... from Manchester. Not to mention the ref that day klopps friend Mr Tierney has family who are city supporters.

And that means what exactly? I don't know how many clubs there are in mancland but I know there's more than one.

We had Mike Dean reffing our games for the past two years. Who complained? The VAR from Manchester, is the ref who decided West Ham should not have a penalty against us when the ball hit Thiago. Who complained?

VAR literally bailed us out last week in 2 of our top 4 rivals matches, decisions that without VAR stepping in, would see us much further back. Not even so much as a pipsqueak of gratitude from anyone over them getting the right decision, along with the multiple other VAR decisions our way all season. Only me of course.

Well if we do finish inside the tent, you can send the relevant refs a postcard from wherever our European Tour takes us next season.

Quote from Longy-Shops
      Nobody could argue that the endless debates over every single incident isn't tiresome and sucking the lifeblood out of the game.
      I'm sure if supporters (of all clubs) were given the vote (They won't) to either keep it or ditch it....it would be voted into history as a bad experiment. It was a better experience when ref's and linesmen just got things wrong, but we just moved on.

No they didn't, stop lieing. You still haven't moved on from the Everton - City game, never mind anyone else. One of the worst ref decisions of all time was the West Brom goal given at Leeds. Rather than move on, the wrong decision prompted a pitch invasion, riots and arrests. Is that what people want? All over an error that a VAR could have cleared up in half a minute max. Leeds lost the league as a result, and their fans developed the reputation they have to this day.

If it was my vote, I would have VAR in all 4 divisions but supporters won't get a vote. We know how they would vote, and they might be happy enough until they're robbed by a ref over a howler that kicks them out of the cup/league. Then as in the above example, self interest kicks in.

Fans celebrate getting everything from penalties to free kicks. Nobody ever said you can't celebrate goals. You celebrate however you want, whether the goal will stand is a different matter. 

In my national league we don't have any form of technology at all, but while you don't have to wait around to celebrate, the gloss is always taken off if you know that the goal should never have stood.  It's supposed to be a professional sport in 2023, not a park kickabout from the 19th Century.
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2023 11:19:39 am by lfc across the water »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1660: May 09, 2023 11:27:03 am
      Oh dear
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1661: May 09, 2023 01:52:13 pm
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #1662: May 09, 2023 03:04:23 pm
      Even the people who devised VAR recognise that it is far from perfect. LFCacrossthewater's views become redundant for me as he fails to admit any fallibility in it. It's a polemic viewpoint which he hopes makes him stand out from the crowd....Of course like everyone else on here He can think and pass opinion as he likes...it's just tiresome and predictable.
      To use an example of an extremely rare pitch invasion as a predictor of what happens when Ref's get it wrong is desperate and plain stupid.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1663: May 09, 2023 03:39:13 pm

I am surprised anyone responds to him. VAR has destroyed football celebrations and the SKY REF man slipped up by saying "decisions will even out over a season" the exact reason given for the change and to take away any doubt yet here we are game after game ending in controversy and Managers futures being decided by some idiots watching the same screens we see yet take minutes to come to an obvious decision.
      Why didnt Pickford get penalised for assaulting the Brighton player VAR or rather the users of it are incompetent.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1664: May 09, 2023 04:02:11 pm
      Quote from Longy-Shops link =topic=50157.msg2548162#msg2548162 date=1683641063
      Even the people who devised VAR recognise that it is far from perfect. LFCacrossthewater's views become redundant for me as he fails to admit any fallibility in it. It's a polemic viewpoint which he hopes makes him stand out from the crowd....Of course like everyone else on here He can think and pass opinion as he likes...it's just tiresome and predictable.
      To use an example of an extremely rare pitch invasion as a predictor of what happens when Ref's get it wrong is desperate and plain stupid.

Course he stands, letā€™s be honest thereā€™s not many pricks on here.   :roll: Well I suppose I could count out 3/4   :lmao:  His opinions are not even valid as he always waits for the VAR to explain their decisions then copy & paste  them.  :lmao:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1192 
      Reply #1665: May 09, 2023 04:11:31 pm
      'f*ck the rest of the day, let's get down to business'  VAR weirdo doing his thing after his morning cornflakes  :D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1666: May 09, 2023 05:19:43 pm

Not in the slightest heā€™s a fckin idiot , I mean thatā€™s as plain a handball as your likely to see so itā€™s pretty inexcusable to get that wrong , and yet he defends it , itā€™s that reason alone that I donā€™t reply to the daft cnut , trouble with var is you got the same daft cu*ts reviewing it that you got out on the pitch making these mistakes in the first place I mean itā€™s an absolute joke .
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #1667: May 09, 2023 05:56:04 pm
      Not in the slightest heā€™s a fckin idiot , I mean thatā€™s as plain a handball as your likely to see so itā€™s pretty inexcusable to get that wrong , and yet he defends it , itā€™s that reason alone that I donā€™t reply to the daft cnut , trouble with var is you got the same daft cu*ts reviewing it that you got out on the pitch making these mistakes in the first place I mean itā€™s an absolute joke .
      His stance is all grandstanding. Can anyone explain where the parameter is for VAR officials to adjudicate, or not, on a handball in the box. There are so many variables of how a ball comes to touch a hand...what is the criteria for reviewing it? Answer: No one knows...and I mean...No one.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1668: May 09, 2023 05:56:05 pm

It just confirms he doesnā€™t have an opinion, he just agrees with everything that VAR  say so impossible to reason with him hence why I never reply to any of his post  like Walt.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #1669: May 09, 2023 06:06:55 pm
      Banks didn't give it because he thought the arm was in it's natural position. When you look at the footage, the VAR can't argue it wasn't. Therefore he didn't intervene. Remember his job isn't to judge what is and isn't a handball, his job is to examine whether the ref missed something or not, and send the ref to the monitor. Anyone expecting an apology for a call that had no impact on the result, will be kept waiting.

And that means what exactly? I don't know how many clubs there are in mancland but I know there's more than one.

We had Mike Dean reffing our games for the past two years. Who complained? The VAR from Manchester, is the ref who decided West Ham should not have a penalty against us when the ball hit Thiago. Who complained?

VAR literally bailed us out last week in 2 of our top 4 rivals matches, decisions that without VAR stepping in, would see us much further back. Not even so much as a pipsqueak of gratitude from anyone over them getting the right decision, along with the multiple other VAR decisions our way all season. Only me of course.

Well if we do finish inside the tent, you can send the relevant refs a postcard from wherever our European Tour takes us next season.

No they didn't, stop lieing. You still haven't moved on from the Everton - City game, never mind anyone else. One of the worst ref decisions of all time was the West Brom goal given at Leeds. Rather than move on, the wrong decision prompted a pitch invasion, riots and arrests. Is that what people want? All over an error that a VAR could have cleared up in half a minute max. Leeds lost the league as a result, and their fans developed the reputation they have to this day.

If it was my vote, I would have VAR in all 4 divisions but supporters won't get a vote. We know how they would vote, and they might be happy enough until they're robbed by a ref over a howler that kicks them out of the cup/league. Then as in the above example, self interest kicks in.

Fans celebrate getting everything from penalties to free kicks. Nobody ever said you can't celebrate goals. You celebrate however you want, whether the goal will stand is a different matter. 

In my national league we don't have any form of technology at all, but while you don't have to wait around to celebrate, the gloss is always taken off if you know that the goal should never have stood.  It's supposed to be a professional sport in 2023, not a park kickabout from the 19th Century.
      You should change your profile name to pipsqueak.
      I recall there was quite a lot of comment on here about how VAR had helped us....first the Jota Kung Fu kick,  where a red card was merited, and Konate's bear hug...in both cases VAR got it wrong.... though of course in our favour.
      Have a good day
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1670: May 09, 2023 11:49:59 pm
      Quote from Longy-Shops
      I recall there was quite a lot of comment on here about how VAR had helped us....first the Jota Kung Fu kick,  where a red card was merited, and Konate's bear hug...in both cases VAR got it wrong.... though of course in our favour.
      Have a good day

I'm not on about those incidents, as you know. But as you are, I'll correct you again.

The VAR didn't help us, he did nothing at all. The "Kung Fu kick" myth was an accident. The "bear hug" myth was actually minimal contact, with an on field decision that a VAR is never going to overturn.

Missing the point as usual. The point is, people don't just accept wrong decisions and move on. They whinge, boo, protest, insult them, threaten them, accuse them of bias, and/or attack their integrity. And we wonder why it's hard to find new "better" referees these days?

You have called for VAR to be scrapped because it's not perfect. VAR never promised perfection, what was promised was 99% correct refereeing decisions, which like it or not, it delivers. The fact that the same errors get recycled again and again and again to "demonstrate" the flaws with the system, prove how few errors there are these days.

I'm not looking to stand out from the crowd, I would rather people accept the reality that VAR is permanent and gets more decisions right than wrong, instead of throwing insults at me for separating facts from fiction. But unfortunately they don't, so the debate continues.

Quote from andylfcynwa
      Not in the slightest, I mean thatā€™s as plain a handball as your likely to see so itā€™s pretty inexcusable to get that wrong , and yet he defends it , itā€™s that reason alone that I donā€™t reply

You have to be daft to respond to that mad manc (who openly admits he hasn't a clue what he's on about) over one of your own. Have to be.

And even more daft to make up stuff while you're at it. I didn't defend the handball incident, I wanted it given. Instead I explained why it wasn't given and why the VAR didn't intervene. There are handball claims in almost every game, some given, some not. That doesn't mean the VAR is obliged to step in all the time.

5 years in, and I'm still arguing the toss here with people who have no idea what a VAR is there for.  :confused-smiley-013:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1671: May 10, 2023 07:15:02 am

You have to be daft to respond to that mad manc (who openly admits he hasn't a clue what he's on about) over one of your own. Have to be.

And even more daft to make up stuff while you're at it. I didn't defend the handball incident, I wanted it given. Instead I explained why it wasn't given and why the VAR didn't intervene. There are handball claims in almost every game, some given, some not. That doesn't mean the VAR is obliged to step in all the time.

5 years in, and I'm still arguing the toss here with people who have no idea what a VAR is there for.  :confused-smiley-013:

That daft Manc c**t actually talks some sense, VAR was brought in to rid the game of bad errors , it canā€™t pick and choose which handball to look at itā€™s either all or Fck all , your either using Var to rid the game of them errors or your not canā€™t have it both ways , a blatant penno not given and you still say itā€™s working 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Iā€™ll leave it at that because there really is no point in continuing to talk to a drone .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1672: May 10, 2023 07:26:25 am
      That daft Manc c**t actually talks some sense, VAR was brought in to rid the game of bad errors , it canā€™t pick and choose which handball to look at itā€™s either all or Fck all , your either using Var to rid the game of them errors or your not canā€™t have it both ways , a blatant penno not given and you still say itā€™s working 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Iā€™ll leave it at that because there really is no point in continuing to talk to a drone .

Drone??  I fcukin love it    :lmao: now we know how he gets across the water.  :lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #1673: May 10, 2023 10:48:35 am
      I'm not on about those incidents, as you know. But as you are, I'll correct you again.

The VAR didn't help us, he did nothing at all. The "Kung Fu kick" myth was an accident. The "bear hug" myth was actually minimal contact, with an on field decision that a VAR is never going to overturn.

Missing the point as usual. The point is, people don't just accept wrong decisions and move on. They whinge, boo, protest, insult them, threaten them, accuse them of bias, and/or attack their integrity. And we wonder why it's hard to find new "better" referees these days?

You have called for VAR to be scrapped because it's not perfect. VAR never promised perfection, what was promised was 99% correct refereeing decisions, which like it or not, it delivers. The fact that the same errors get recycled again and again and again to "demonstrate" the flaws with the system, prove how few errors there are these days.

I'm not looking to stand out from the crowd, I would rather people accept the reality that VAR is permanent and gets more decisions right than wrong, instead of throwing insults at me for separating facts from fiction. But unfortunately they don't, so the debate continues.

Not only are your posts predictable and monotonous, they are contemptuous in tone, even patronising.....which is unforgivable.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1674: May 10, 2023 11:09:13 am

A simple condom could have stopped these posts
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1675: May 10, 2023 11:17:04 am
      Cant believe the mad b***ard has kept this act up so long for the attention it gets him on hereā€¦ if itā€™s not that then he definitely needs some kind of therapy, something not quite right thereā€¦
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1676: May 10, 2023 02:21:18 pm
      Cant believe the mad b***ard has kept this act up so long for the attention it gets him on hereā€¦ if itā€™s not that then he definitely needs some kind of therapy, something not quite right thereā€¦

Not many reply to him really, thatā€™s tells you itā€™s own story.   :lmao:
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #1677: May 10, 2023 03:26:04 pm

Fella, you could give an Aspirin a headache.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #1678: May 14, 2023 07:50:35 pm
      VAR gave Harry Kane's blatant dive a penalty

https://twitter.com/Rory_Talks_Ball/status/1657457156155748352

Quick Reply