Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 241324 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1702: Aug 15, 2023 12:23:46 pm
      Penalty all day long Keith , they’ve even had an apology for it not that that’s any fckin use to them , same var official that good stood down last season and still fckin up , any other line of work and the useless c**t would be sacked for incompetence

Think the fact both officials pulled from weekend show it was a penalty.  What have old rules got to to with Physical assault.  What is you say Keith about Rose tinted

Agreed Andy.

No rose tints myside Rossy, I also called it a penalty. Officials rightly removed.

VAR same old sh*te decisions being made.  🤷‍♂️
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1703: Aug 15, 2023 01:01:15 pm
      Hopefully that’s a few weeks of dodgy VAR decisions against the scum now to make up for it… but with Webb in charge might have to get used to it being a weekly thing for them now, they could win the league on dodgy calls with that bald manc pr**k in charge.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1704: Aug 15, 2023 01:12:25 pm
      Hopefully that’s a few weeks of dodgy VAR decisions against the scum now to make up for it… but with Webb in charge might have to get used to it being a weekly thing for them now, they could win the league on dodgy calls with that bald manc pr**k in charge.

Not sure even with Webbs help we could win the league   :lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #1705: Aug 15, 2023 01:22:44 pm
      Back in the day it was easier to accept a ref making a poor decision than what we have now, a ref and a whole backup team of officials. There has to be collective bias otherwise you can't get to that decision (Last night)
      VAR not fit for purpose....never will be.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1706: Aug 15, 2023 01:22:56 pm
      Not sure even with Webbs help we could win the league   :lmao:
      Wouldn't be too sure, he was the true mastermind behind Fergie's reign  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1707: Aug 15, 2023 02:28:51 pm
      Wouldn't be too sure, he was the true mastermind behind Fergie's reign  :lmao:

That’s what you’d like to believe 😂
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1708: Aug 15, 2023 06:06:40 pm
      Howard Web eh! Who would have thought it
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1709: Aug 15, 2023 06:21:03 pm
      See the officials at old toilet have been dropped for the next round of matches, bent bas**rds
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1710: Aug 15, 2023 06:24:54 pm
      Across the water must be struggling with the report today even Howard Webb got in before him/her / they / them or what
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1711: Aug 15, 2023 06:47:30 pm
      Across the water must be struggling with the report today even Howard Webb got in before him/her / they / them or what

Takes him a week to read all the facts and he’s already done his quota for this week.  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6727 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1712: Aug 16, 2023 02:43:09 am

Ryan thinks what we think

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #1713: Aug 16, 2023 11:51:58 am
      Perhaps a way forward would be for VAR to award a penalty when it's a borderline call. It is far more of an injustice for a merited penalty to not be given, than when it is given. This protocol sort of mirrors how verdicts are validated in criminal law, which works on the premise that it is better to let a guilty man go free, than imprison someone who is innocent. Also, in giving the pen, it still has to be scored, which isn't of course guaranteed.
      Just a thought.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1714: Aug 19, 2023 08:10:19 am
      Quote from Longy-Shops
      Back in the day it was easier to accept a ref making a poor decision than what we have now, a ref and a whole backup team of officials. There has to be collective bias otherwise you can't get to that decision (Last night)
      VAR not fit for purpose....never will be.

I've never understood that last sentence, whether it be about VAR or anything else. I think it's a meaningless phrase tbh. Just what purpose should it be for?

It was never easier to accept a ref decision that was clearly wrong. A wrong decision is a wrong decision, whether it's by a team of officials or a one man band, and nobody has accepted this one either. Unlike back in the day, the relevant officials have now paid the price for getting them wrong.

It was the same VAR as in the Spurs v Brighton game last year. In fairness to him, the high bar, minimum interference threshold is still way too high imo, and hinders rather than helps a VAR in the EPL.

Quote from AlwaysTheKop
      You can tell Webbs in charge.

And since he's been in charge, his VAR's have advised that on field refs go to the monitors to give major decisions against the mancs. Because they were correct decisions, everyone else swiftly forgot about them, bar me of course. All that fictitious "subconscious bias" nonsense had no bearing on those incidents.

Didn't watch the mancs game, didn't see the incident. But if someone like Jon Moss is saying it's a howler, it must have been so. For all their protestations now, Wolves fans were the ringleaders protesting about VAR when it started, singing with gusto about how they didn't want it. Now they've seen the result of what happens when it's not used, chaos, disbelief, and resentment.

Aside from that, they had 23 shots on goal and didn't score. Therefore blaming the officials for not giving a penalty they may not have scored from anyway, is just a cop out tbh.

Quote from tezmac
      Lesser handball given in the Brighton, definitely a mission against Liverpool

What is a "lesser" handball? Does such a thing even exist? The ball hit his arm in the box, therefore the decision on the pitch was not a clear and obvious error to be overturned.

Any defender who handles the ball in the penalty area, no matter how natural or innocuous, has no defence if the ref gives a penalty. The evidence is there to justify the decision, so the VAR is going to let it stand.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,541 posts | 1091 
      Reply #1715: Aug 19, 2023 08:51:33 am
      Manchester's own and klopps favourite Paul Tierney on var today. This lad's family including dad and brother are city fans which explains why he's so against us. He couldn't bring himself to give a penalty for Rodri's clear handball at Everton.

Be Anthony Taylor again next week or Chris kavanagh or another of these Manchester referees.

The corruption and bias is blatant and Howard Webb won't stop it. Var is a shambles and has made the game a million times worse.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1716: Aug 19, 2023 11:20:13 am
      Except it hasn't. Without it, we would have lost last week. So no, it's not made it worse.

Just so to put it in terms you understand, there's as much truth of corruption and bias out there, as there is truth that getting rid of Fabinho was necessary to take us the next step forward.

I don't know what exactly is "greater" about Manchester, but I know it's a big place, with a lot of referees and teams so yeah, we'll get them sometimes. They can't and don't all support the biggest clubs, and even if they did, it doesn't make any difference. We've got debatable decisions for and against us from all of them, in the recent past, as we will again. It's their job, not an occasional hobby. They have a job to do, and if they don't do it well enough, they'll end up like Salisbury has this week.
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2023 11:25:45 am by lfc across the water »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #1717: Aug 19, 2023 11:33:19 am
      Except it hasn't. Without it, we would have lost last week. So no, it's not made it worse.

Just so to put it in terms you understand, there's as much truth of corruption and bias out there, as there is truth that getting rid of Fabinho was necessary to take us the next step forward.

I don't know what exactly is "greater" about Manchester, but I know it's a big place, with a lot of referees and teams so yeah, we'll get them sometimes. They can't and don't all support the biggest clubs, and even if they did, it doesn't make any difference. We've got debatable decisions for and against us from all of them, in the recent past, as we will again. It's their job, not an occasional hobby. They have a job to do, and if they don't do it well enough, they'll end up like Salisbury has this week.

Why would we have ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1718: Aug 19, 2023 12:12:24 pm

Didn't watch the mancs game, didn't see the incident.

You’re such a lying kunt, more a cop out from your side just so you don’t have to admit VAR wrong. Pretty sure you have a mobile, pretty sure you can watch it on you tube. You generally watch every thing before passing comment so pull the other one you pr**k.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1719: Aug 19, 2023 01:57:42 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      You’re lying, more a cop out from your side just so you don’t have to admit VAR wrong. Pretty sure you have a mobile, pretty sure you can watch it on you tube. You generally watch every thing before passing comment so pull the other one.

Sorry, just had to make that wild uncontrollable spam readable to the non members here, who turn up every day and have to try and make sense of your lies and rants.

Curiously enough, non mancs amongst us have bigger priorities sometimes. In my case, it's sorting arrangements to be in residence for our own home game today, which I've managed to do, as we look to settle a score from some other game last March. And I am prepared for Tierney to do what has to be done, if necessary.

As seen yet again this week with your "incoming... doing rounds", and "done with quota for the week" spam, what you're pretty sure about me, and what is matter of fact are usually different things. I'm not lieing, I have not seen the incident, I don't particularly want to see it, and I'm not going to waste time watching it. All I have seen is a still of it, which doesn't necessarily prove anything either way. But I have seen the reaction and I can respond to that here. Which I've done.

But never mind, you have just reminded me of something I have seen every bit of. So I'm more than happy to tell you that instead. Enjoy.

Liverpool 7-0 mancs
      :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1720: Aug 19, 2023 02:33:41 pm
      Sorry, just had to make that wild uncontrollable spam readable to the non members here, who turn up every day and have to try and make sense of your lies and rants.

Curiously enough, non mancs amongst us have bigger priorities sometimes. In my case, it's sorting arrangements to be in residence for our own home game today, which I've managed to do, as we look to settle a score from some other game last March. And I am prepared for Tierney to do what has to be done, if necessary.

As seen yet again this week with your "incoming... doing rounds", and "done with quota for the week" spam, what you're pretty sure about me, and what is matter of fact are usually different things. I'm not lieing, I have not seen the incident, I don't particularly want to see it, and I'm not going to waste time watching it. All I have seen is a still of it, which doesn't necessarily prove anything either way. But I have seen the reaction and I can respond to that here. Which I've done.

But never mind, you have just reminded me of something I have seen every bit of. So I'm more than happy to tell you that instead. Enjoy.

Liverpool 7-0 mancs
      :lmao:

You can’t have an opinion if you  didn’t see the incident you daft kunt. As usual full of your own excrement.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1721: Aug 19, 2023 02:45:57 pm
      See Webb was in the hospitality lounge at Old Trafford probably a season ticket holder there what a gobs***e he was.
      We seem to have the best league in the world with the most inept Referee's. They cant even spot a handball when they are given 50 different angles.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1722: Aug 19, 2023 05:42:37 pm
      See Webb was in the hospitality lounge at Old Trafford probably a season ticket holder there what a gobs***e he was.
      We seem to have the best league in the world with the most inept Referee's. They cant even spot a handball when they are given 50 different angles.

Wont be any different at any other PL Walt. Just paranoid 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1723: Aug 19, 2023 06:09:30 pm

More platitude bullshit.

It's F***ing crap and made the game worse.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #1724: Aug 19, 2023 09:54:59 pm
      I've never understood that last sentence, whether it be about VAR or anything else. I think it's a meaningless phrase tbh. Just what purpose should it be for?

It was never easier to accept a ref decision that was clearly wrong. A wrong decision is a wrong decision, whether it's by a team of officials or a one man band, and nobody has accepted this one either. Unlike back in the day, the relevant officials have now paid the price for getting them wrong.

It was the same VAR as in the Spurs v Brighton game last year. In fairness to him, the high bar, minimum interference threshold is still way too high imo, and hinders rather than helps a VAR in the EPL.

And since he's been in charge, his VAR's have advised that on field refs go to the monitors to give major decisions against the mancs. Because they were correct decisions, everyone else swiftly forgot about them, bar me of course. All that fictitious "subconscious bias" nonsense had no bearing on those incidents.

Didn't watch the mancs game, didn't see the incident. But if someone like Jon Moss is saying it's a howler, it must have been so. For all their protestations now, Wolves fans were the ringleaders protesting about VAR when it started, singing with gusto about how they didn't want it. Now they've seen the result of what happens when it's not used, chaos, disbelief, and resentment.

Aside from that, they had 23 shots on goal and didn't score. Therefore blaming the officials for not giving a penalty they may not have scored from anyway, is just a cop out tbh.

What is a "lesser" handball? Does such a thing even exist? The ball hit his arm in the box, therefore the decision on the pitch was not a clear and obvious error to be overturned.

Any defender who handles the ball in the penalty area, no matter how natural or innocuous, has no defence if the ref gives a penalty. The evidence is there to justify the decision, so the VAR is going to let it stand.
      I'll ignore the main body of your post as it is just  more of your tedious, repetitious and frankly boring diatribes in your pitiful and blinkered defence of the VAR system. As for your admitted inability to understand the phrase " Not fit for purpose" allow me to enlighten you and provide you with an example:
      A condom with a hole in it, would be by any stretch (pun intended) not fit for purpose.

Quick Reply