Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 250472 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1725: Aug 19, 2023 09:58:39 pm
      I'll ignore the main body of your post as it is just  more of your tedious, repetitious and frankly boring diatribes in your pitiful and blinkered defence of the VAR system. As for your admitted inability to understand the phrase " Not fit for purpose" allow me to enlighten you and provide you with an example:
      A condom with a hole in it, would be by any stretch (pun intended) not fit for purpose.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1726: Aug 20, 2023 06:52:50 pm
      Just saw Liverpool /Bournemouth  on MOTD.   

Agreed with Shearer ( that will go down well with you lot 😂 ) Snob defo made a meal of his dive but was contact so correct decision ( I suppose 😎 ) Played well apart from that, could be nice signing.

As usual I got the VAR wrong with Macs sending off. At first I thought it was 50/50 but once I saw it slow mo it was a yellow for me. Opposing player certainty got the ball first no question, very harsh red though. Can you not contest a straight red??

Ps… Should United of had a penalty against Spurs for handball? Also got that one wrong.    :f_doh:
      « Last Edit: Aug 20, 2023 08:55:22 pm by Keith Singleton »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #1727: Aug 21, 2023 07:48:28 pm
      Just saw Liverpool /Bournemouth  on MOTD.   

Agreed with Shearer ( that will go down well with you lot 😂 ) Snob defo made a meal of his dive but was contact so correct decision ( I suppose 😎 ) Played well apart from that, could be nice signing.

As usual I got the VAR wrong with Macs sending off. At first I thought it was 50/50 but once I saw it slow mo it was a yellow for me. Opposing player certainty got the ball first no question, very harsh red though. Can you not contest a straight red??

Ps… Should United of had a penalty against Spurs for handball? Also got that one wrong.    :f_doh:

Initial reaction from me in the ground, was expecting a yellow. So seeing ref grabbing a red out was a double take moment.

Still maintain ref's given it due to follow through with studs showing. We lodged an appeal, so see how that gets on.

*probably lose appeal and get an extra game thrown on cos of Jürgen's beef with Tierney :laugh:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,885 posts | 704 
      Reply #1728: Aug 27, 2023 01:48:49 pm
      Well we didn't, so that's another conspiracy theory about refs completely wrong.

Quote from HUYTON RED
      More platitude.

It's made the game worse.

Except it hasn't. Just one half into the new season, and we needed it again to spare us. If justice wasn't done at the time, that team were there for the taking. Totally unfit to play 90 minutes because of inadequate pre season preparations, that showed in the second half. Instead we got the decision and got the point.

Quote from Longy-Shops
      I'll ignore the main body of your post as it is just  more of your tedious, repetitious and frankly boring diatribes in your pitiful and blinkered defence of the VAR system. As for your admitted inability to understand the phrase " Not fit for purpose" allow me to enlighten you and provide you with an example:
      A condom with a hole in it, would be by any stretch (pun intended) not fit for purpose.

It's such a stretch, as to be completely irrelevant. Provide a football related explanation, (VAR is only football related) or else it will still be considered an empty meaningless phrase.

Accusing refs of bias in any form, is as you say, tedious, and boring. It's nothing to do with fact. You admitted last season that accusing refs of bias is a smokescreen or coping mechanism, to explain a negative result. What I will say again is that the manc based refs are not biased against us. Evidence of major decisions from all of them given in our favour, can be provided upon request. They're all on the FIFA list, and you don't get on that list if your integrity is in any way questionable. You may not agree with every decision they make, but they do their job in good faith. They're not on the take, as was sometimes the case with refs in Europe 40 years ago.

Quote from Keith Singleton
      You can’t have an opinion if you  didn’t see the incident you

Oh no, he couldn't be possibly wrong again, could he? ??? Oh wouldn't you know it, yes he could. :f_doh:

I didn't comment about an incident I didn't see, I posted my opinion about the reaction to it, that I did. Another sad page full of the usual lies, accusations, and inaccuracies that I have been correcting here for years, and no doubt will probably still be doing so when I've lost what's left of my hair.

At least you now acknowledge that I wasn't lieing, good. Only about another 19544634625787349 acknowledgements remaining.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1729: Aug 27, 2023 01:59:05 pm
      Well we didn't, so that's another conspiracy theory about refs completely wrong.

Except it hasn't. Just one half into the new season, and we needed it again to spare us. If justice wasn't done at the time, that team were there for the taking. Totally unfit to play 90 minutes because of inadequate pre season preparations, that showed in the second half. Instead we got the decision and got the point.

It's such a stretch, as to be completely irrelevant. Provide a football related explanation, (VAR is only football related) or else it will still be considered an empty meaningless phrase.

Accusing refs of bias in any form, is as you say, tedious, and boring. It's nothing to do with fact. You admitted last season that accusing refs of bias is a smokescreen or coping mechanism, to explain a negative result. What I will say again is that the manc based refs are not biased against us. Evidence of major decisions from all of them given in our favour, can be provided upon request. They're all on the FIFA list, and you don't get on that list if your integrity is in any way questionable. You may not agree with every decision they make, but they do their job in good faith. They're not on the take, as was sometimes the case with refs in Europe 40 years ago.

Oh no, he couldn't be possibly wrong again, could he? ??? Oh wouldn't you know it, yes he could. :f_doh:

I didn't comment about an incident I didn't see, I posted my opinion about the reaction to it, that I did. Another sad page full of the usual lies, accusations, and inaccuracies that I have been correcting here for years, and no doubt will probably still be doing so when I've lost what's left of my hair.

At least you now acknowledge that I wasn't lieing, good. Only about another 19544634625787349 acknowledgements remaining.

There’s not many pricks on this site but boy you’re the biggest.  :lmao:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1730: Aug 27, 2023 07:51:02 pm
      The more the referee has to do the more they make mistakes, take Trent obviously fouled no foul, and gets a card for throwing the ball away, but should have had a foul. Then Trent pushes Gordon yellow card but none given. So inconsistent. Same foul different game different decisions truly shocking
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1731: Aug 27, 2023 07:59:44 pm
      The more the referee has to do the more they make mistakes, take Trent obviously fouled no foul, and gets a card for throwing the ball away, but should have had a foul. Then Trent pushes Gordon yellow card but none given. So inconsistent. Same foul different game different decisions truly shocking

I tend to agree, they’re getting plenty of stick this year due to the changes. If he’d of raised his elbow in second half he was walking. Get use to the yellows and reds though, plenty of them coming this year.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #1732: Aug 27, 2023 09:39:39 pm
      how is giving stupid yellow and Red Cards making the game more entertaining its F***ing it up
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1733: Aug 27, 2023 09:45:32 pm
      how is giving stupid yellow and Red Cards making the game more entertaining its F***ing it up

That silly kunt across the water will probably answer that one coz fcuked if I know.  :lmao:

Give him a week coz already done his rounds this week.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,885 posts | 704 
      Reply #1734: Aug 27, 2023 10:08:29 pm
      Quote from tezmac

None of the above is a VAR matter. Throwing the ball away is regarded as dissent, that's a yellow card. Therefore the yellow card was given.

Thought the red was very harsh, at no point was the forward in control of the ball, therefore it's not dogso, last man, or violent conduct. It was a yellow card, as was Allison's last week. Once the red is given though, and the replay shows contact to support it, the original decision will stand.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2023 08:23:21 am by lfc across the water »
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 452 
      Reply #1735: Aug 27, 2023 10:12:42 pm
      May be wrong but don't think a last man straight red carries the same number of games missed as violent conduct. IE 3 games. Could be way out there.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1736: Aug 28, 2023 07:40:42 am
      How quick were they on the affirmative for both Mac and VVD? Like done in a flash. Was like they looked at it for a split second from one angle and agreed with that c**t Ref. TWICE

Something stinks!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #1737: Aug 28, 2023 12:23:11 pm

Carry on defending it, but the majority think it's a F***ing joke. It hasn't made the game better. The same incompetent cu*ts are still making the same F***ing mistakes even with technology available.

VAR is not a success and is not helping the game.

The end!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1738: Aug 28, 2023 02:36:53 pm
      Carry on defending it, but the majority think it's a F***ing joke. It hasn't made the game better. The same incompetent cu*ts are still making the same F***ing mistakes even with technology available.

The end!

VAR is a sound innovation, if only to stop the mancs cheating endlessly  with the manc loving officials awarding them penalties galore.

True enough the same biased arseholes are sometimes behind the VAR screen but blatant cheating is not as prevalent with VAR, the officials are under far more scrutiny.

How many refs were punished with officiating lower league games after a bad performance pre-VAR?
      None!

VAR is the only way to catch out 'visually impaired' or biased officials and the fact that the FA appoint and allow these affected individuals to F**k up the sport is a crime, unfortunately it is so deeply embedded any solution is a long way off but VAR is a step in the right direction,
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1739: Aug 28, 2023 05:20:47 pm
      VAR is a sound innovation, if only to stop the mancs cheating endlessly  with the manc loving officials awarding them penalties galore.

True enough the same biased arseholes are sometimes behind the VAR screen but blatant cheating is not as prevalent with VAR, the officials are under far more scrutiny.

How many refs were punished with officiating lower league games after a bad performance pre-VAR?
      None!

VAR is the only way to catch out 'visually impaired' or biased officials and the fact that the FA appoint and allow these affected individuals to F**k up the sport is a crime, unfortunately it is so deeply embedded any solution is a long way off but VAR is a step in the right direction,

That silly kunt across the water will be loving you with a +1 mate 😂
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #1740: Aug 28, 2023 05:46:30 pm
      How quick were they on the affirmative for both Mac and VVD? Like done in a flash. Was like they looked at it for a split second from one angle and agreed with that c**t Ref. TWICE

Something stinks!

Any penalty call (unless blatantly obvious), and any red card should be checked on the monitor by the ref NOT the VAR team. Let the ref make the decision on whether or not to uphold his decision.

As it is, the ref makes a quick decision (sometimes without the benefit of a clear view) and then the VAR team just go.. "yeah, whatever.. carry on".
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,885 posts | 704 
      Reply #1741: Sep 01, 2023 10:57:40 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED

The end!

What the majority think is irrelevant. But I would rather not be in a majority that want to see justice denied and cheats to win, just so they can go down the local afterwards and rant again about Bias This and Bias That and Corrupt The Other, over every debatable call against them. That's not acceptable to me and it's not good enough at the highest level of elite sport anymore.

Having VAR reduces errors, so it's better to have it than not have it. If we didn't have it in the first game of the season, we would have lost it over a goal that was found to be offside. Then where would we be?

Quote from DanMann
      Any penalty call (unless blatantly obvious), and any red card should be checked on the monitor by the ref NOT the VAR team. Let the ref make the decision on whether or not to uphold his decision.

As it is, the ref makes a quick decision (sometimes without the benefit of a clear view) and then the VAR team just go.. "yeah, whatever.. carry on".

No they say check complete, as the evidence supports the decision he made.

You can't review every penalty appeal on the monitor.  Games in Europe involving certain teams would still be going on after sunrise.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #1742: Sep 02, 2023 01:45:12 pm
      What the majority think is irrelevant. But I would rather not be in a majority that want to see justice denied and cheats to win, just so they can go down the local afterwards and rant again about Bias This and Bias That and Corrupt The Other, over every debatable call against them. That's not acceptable to me and it's not good enough at the highest level of elite sport anymore.

Having VAR reduces errors, so it's better to have it than not have it. If we didn't have it in the first game of the season, we would have lost it over a goal that was found to be offside. Then where would we be?

Oh F**k off you're a pedantic pr**k, cheating is still F***ing happening even WITH VAR.

the game was happily played for over 100 years without any technology needed.

Basically you're just another version of a city fan, it's all about the F***ing money.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1743: Sep 02, 2023 02:05:30 pm

You can't review every penalty appeal on the monitor.  Games in Europe involving certain teams would still be going on after sunrise.

Wasn't Mo's goal disallowed via VAR? Would have hade it 2-1, so their 2nd goal is irrelevant...
      Space time continuum and all that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #1744: Sep 02, 2023 03:27:25 pm

How would we have lost the first game without VAR
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1745: Sep 02, 2023 03:58:37 pm
      Another week another major cock up by VAR.

Would love that fool from across the water to tell me how that goal wasn’t offside for City just now?

This is the worst start to a season for VAR, shouldn’t it be getting better and the people using be more experienced? It’s gone majorly backwards.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,261 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1746: Sep 02, 2023 04:14:39 pm
      Another week another major cock up by VAR.

Would love that fool from across the water to tell me how that goal wasn’t offside for City just now?

This is the worst start to a season for VAR, shouldn’t it be getting better and the people using be more experienced? It’s gone majorly backwards.

He will come up with his  usual bullsh!t   :lmao:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1747: Sep 02, 2023 05:23:53 pm
      The only thing the cu*ts get right is Dominic oh whooo

Quick Reply