Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 261263 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1748: Sep 02, 2023 05:34:31 pm
      He will come up with his  usual bullsh!t   :lmao:
      I've given up reading his nonsense. The forum is about opinions freely given without fear or favour and I'll debate most things with anyone....but this poster has his head in the sand and is incapable of reason, lacking the maturity to engage with people with any degree of respect.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1749: Sep 02, 2023 05:41:22 pm
      I've given up reading his nonsense. The forum is about opinions freely given without fear or favour and I'll debate most things with anyone....but this poster has his head in the sand and is incapable of reason, lacking the maturity to engage with people with any degree of respect.

He has a habit of disagreeing with the majority  :lmao: Think it’s pretty safe to say he’s a little  :dunceblock:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,687 posts | 2902 
      Reply #1750: Sep 02, 2023 09:29:19 pm
      Absolutely astonishing to see that City goal stand. Anyone that knows anything about football knows that's offside all day long.

The state of refereeing in this country is an absolute disgrace and the fact the refs have managed to spin it in their favour with all this 'respect the ref' bollocks this season means things aren't going to change anytime soon.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #1751: Sep 03, 2023 12:31:55 pm
      Up in Scotland, VAR is just as sh*t as down here.

Celtic defender dallies on the ball and gets caught, he then kicks the Rangers forward, Rangers break and score. VAR then sends the ref to the screen to look at it and he somehow thinks it's a foul. Not a million years.

Should be 1-0 Rangers but VAR has fu**ed them over.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,687 posts | 2902 
      Reply #1752: Sep 03, 2023 12:33:56 pm

Celtic defender dallies on the ball and gets caught, he then kicks the Rangers forward, Rangers break and score. VAR then sends the ref to the screen to look at it and he somehow thinks it's a foul. Not a million years.

Absolutely awful call that
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #1753: Sep 03, 2023 12:37:15 pm

You know it's a sh*t call because Chris Sutton thinks it's the correct one.

I know he's a biased c**t at the best of times for Celtic and thinks of himself on par with the likes of Dalglish, Larsson, McNeill and McGrain when it comes to Celtic's history but how he can think that was a foul is beyond me.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1754: Sep 03, 2023 01:10:55 pm
      Absolutely astonishing to see that City goal stand. Anyone that knows anything about football knows that's offside all day long.

The state of refereeing in this country is an absolute disgrace and the fact the refs have managed to spin it in their favour with all this 'respect the ref' bollocks this season means things aren't going to change anytime soon.

You’d think after a couple of years VAR would have improved but it’s going backwards.   :throw:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,343 posts | 953 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press and F**k
      Reply #1755: Sep 03, 2023 04:48:42 pm
      Shock horror Taylor in charge of the United game bias b***ard
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,343 posts | 953 
      Reply #1756: Sep 03, 2023 04:51:47 pm
      It’s starting
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #1757: Sep 03, 2023 04:52:19 pm

Michael Beale squealing "you've just cost us the league" would be apt right now. :laugh:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,343 posts | 953 
      Reply #1758: Sep 03, 2023 04:55:28 pm
      FOOKING unreal how biased he is
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #1759: Sep 03, 2023 04:58:51 pm
      Michael Beale squealing "you've just cost us the league" would be apt right now. :laugh:

Kris Boyd was doing that in the studio.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #1760: Sep 03, 2023 04:59:59 pm

Hahaha yeah I can just imagine him losing his head.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #1761: Sep 03, 2023 05:52:42 pm
      Arsenal get a penalty, VAR say maybe you should go and have a look Mr Taylor. Bald c**t says nah, no pen.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,638 posts | 772 
      Reply #1762: Sep 03, 2023 11:43:02 pm
      Arsenal get a penalty, VAR say maybe you should go and have a look Mr Taylor. Bald c**t says nah, no pen.

I think Havertz dived tbh

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,900 posts | 704 
      Reply #1763: Sep 04, 2023 12:00:27 am
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Oh cheating is still happening even WITH VAR.

the game was happily played for over 100 years without any technology needed.

Basically it's all about the money.

Yeah the amount of money is a factor now. Billions are resting on the correct decision made. That wasn't the case 100 years ago.

We're into the 5th year of this, and the 11th year of GLT. Whinging about how the game was refereed 100 years ago isn't going to suddenly change things.

Quote from AlwaysTheKop
      Would love across the water to tell me how that goal wasn’t offside for City just now?

This is the worst start to a season for VAR, shouldn’t it be getting better and the people using be more experienced? It’s gone majorly backwards.

No it hasn't. Apart from the first week, it's been a fairly quiet start to the season by VAR, with interventions relatively rare.

The goal was given because the ref, linesman, and VAR all agreed that it wasn't offside. Simple as that really.

Quote from dunlop liddell shankly

You're blaming VAR for the referee making his own judgement. When the ref saw the forward trod on the defenders foot, he thought it was a foul. Yet you blame VAR for it. ???

It's only a couple of years since the lack of VAR in Scotland was allowing players to score goals in that fixture after clearly handling the ball. Thankfully those days are now gone.

Quote from Longy-Shops

The forum is about giving opinions without fear. That's what I do. Apart from the mad manc, I respect everyone here. After 12 years here, I believe I'm mature enough to engage with anyone in a respectful manner. I don't frighten anyone, threaten anyone, belittle anyone, swear at anyone, defame their character, or question who they support.

To survive on football forums, you never give up. This club is all about not giving up. You say what you need to say and you defend it when challenged. This thread was set up after the West Brom game in the cup, and I made it fairly clear from the outset what I thought of the use of VAR. That has not and will not change, no matter what.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1764: Sep 04, 2023 08:29:44 am
      Another week another major cock up by VAR.

Would love that fool from across the water to tell me how that goal wasn’t offside for City just now?

This is the worst start to a season for VAR, shouldn’t it be getting better and the people using be more experienced? It’s gone majorly backwards.

I’ve just read that daft kunts response to your question.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,728 posts | 1534 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1765: Sep 04, 2023 10:29:40 am

No it hasn't. Apart from the first week, it's been a fairly quiet start to the season by VAR, with interventions relatively rare.

No you daft c**t I want YOU to tell me how that wasn’t offside, not what the refs thought because obviously the start of the season has shown they are not very good at it… you’re so quick to hold their shafts for them while they piss I want you to tell me in your words how it isn’t offside and how they didn’t get it wrong.

You’re very quick to just say ‘oh they thought this so it’s correct’ when it’s obviously a bad call and you’re the only one in the football world to agree with them, so in your words please, explain that goal and why it wasn’t offside.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,728 posts | 1534 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1766: Sep 04, 2023 10:31:39 am
      I’ve just read that daft kunts response to your question.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Never seen a man so deluded in my life.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,001 posts | 7216 
      Reply #1767: Sep 04, 2023 10:36:30 am
      these was contact for the penalty that never was and it was more than Virgil's but why wasn't VAR suggesting a visit to the screen. The offside rule is also killing the game depending on how big your nose is whether your goal stands or not.
      It the right system with the wrong people running it and new rules need to be applied to give benefit of doubt the one thing I find frustrating is try to see if the ball had left the players foot when the lines are drawn and you just cant tell and on these close calls its kind of important to get that right.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1768: Sep 04, 2023 10:46:01 am
      these was contact for the penalty that never was and it was more than Virgil's but why wasn't VAR suggesting a visit to the screen. The offside rule is also killing the game depending on how big your nose is whether your goal stands or not.
      It the right system with the wrong people running it and new rules need to be applied to give benefit of doubt the one thing I find frustrating is try to see if the ball had left the players foot when the lines are drawn and you just cant tell and on these close calls its kind of important to get that right.

To the eye I thought United’s goal was good yesterday, arguably game won if that had of stood but you have to bow to these fcuking lines every time.   :f_doh:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,687 posts | 2902 
      Reply #1769: Sep 06, 2023 09:41:43 pm
      The dialogue for the Onana incident against Wolves...

The whole thing is utterly fu**ed until we get some decent officials.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1770: Sep 16, 2023 07:16:01 pm
      Bloody hell I got one right. 😂 Didn’t think it was a penalty for Newcastle

Quick Reply