Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 240855 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #2001: Feb 25, 2024 11:05:04 pm
      Scrap it until you can figure out how to use it right.

Tool is only as good as the craftsmen using it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2002: Feb 26, 2024 02:29:22 am
      That disallowed goal happens in every match, every week at every set piece.

Nothing given but we do it and goal disallowed.

GO AND GET fu**ed YOU CORRUPT cu*ts!!

We still won despite playing against 13.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,350 posts | 1627 
      Reply #2003: Feb 26, 2024 09:30:31 am
      Interviewing Klopp after the game , he asked who was on var , given his name he sort of implied what do you expect , was a total sh*t show yesterday by them lot , I bet some fcker will come along and explain it all away though we won despite the cu*ts not because of them .
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,228 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2004: Feb 26, 2024 07:24:45 pm
      I like watching ref watch on sky sports wonder how they will explain yesterday’s travesties away corrupt shower
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2005: Feb 27, 2024 03:35:32 am
      That disallowed goal happens in every match, every week at every set piece.

Nothing given but we do it and goal disallowed.

GO AND GET fu**ed YOU CORRUPT cu*ts!!

We still won despite playing against 13.

If the game was as corrupt as many of you say then I’m pretty sure they’d of still found a way to make you lose the match. Perhaps chavs fans said the same as you lot with that tight call for offside?  Maybe as a chav fan can say it was fixed for you lot to win the match. 😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #2006: Feb 29, 2024 02:55:44 am
      If the game was as corrupt as many of you say then I’m pretty sure they’d of still found a way to make you lose the match. Perhaps chavs fans said the same as you lot with that tight call for offside?  Maybe as a chav fan can say it was fixed for you lot to win the match. 😂

Let me see if u can guess which goal was disallowed for offside/Obstruction? So frustrating mate.

Oh yeah, by the way, same Ref ...that Kavanagh c**t!

« Last Edit: Feb 29, 2024 04:13:20 am by AussieRed »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,350 posts | 1627 
      Reply #2007: Feb 29, 2024 07:48:08 am
      One wonders what plausible explanation they can put on that 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2008: Feb 29, 2024 08:33:43 am
      One wonders what plausible explanation they can put on that 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

:lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2009: Feb 29, 2024 08:34:46 am

Let me see if u can guess which goal was disallowed for offside/Obstruction? So frustrating mate.

Oh yeah, by the way, same Ref ...that Kavanagh c**t!

I heard the new one last nite possibly subjective offside WHAT THE FCUK 😱🤦‍♂️😂

With so many so called minor infringements the normal fan hasn’t a clue now Ian. Before VAR I thought I was pretty good on rules, not anymore.  :f_doh:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #2010: Mar 07, 2024 08:21:06 pm
      Quote from tezmac
      I like watching ref watch on sky sports wonder how they will explain yesterday’s travesties away

Remind me again. Who disallowed the goal? That's right, the ref on the field.

Now, what's the difference between him doing it and a lino on the pitch doing it? Same outcome. It's not his fault, that Endo wandered into an offside position to foul his opponent.

Truth be told, it was probably the AVAR who initially spotted the offside, rather than Brooks himself. This is supposed to be a major cup final, so treat it like one. The law was upheld, as it should be in a cup final. Therefore, our win is what we deserved, and not had the gloss taken off it by a goal that should never have stood.

And in any case, we won.  :confused-smiley-013:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #2011: Mar 08, 2024 03:53:23 am

Which strand of Mo's beard was sticking out to make him offside?

What the actual F**k?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2012: Mar 08, 2024 08:05:19 am

It's not his fault, that Endo wandered into an offside position to foul his opponent.

Poor Endo probably thought like me that once it is off side you can assault anyone  smash someone's Knee without receiving any cautions or cards.   Little did he know that these rules always change depending on the team.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2013: Mar 08, 2024 10:43:16 am
      Remind me again. Who disallowed the goal? That's right, the ref on the field.

Now, what's the difference between him doing it and a lino on the pitch doing it? Same outcome. It's not his fault, that Endo wandered into an offside position to foul his opponent.

Truth be told, it was probably the AVAR who initially spotted the offside, rather than Brooks himself. This is supposed to be a major cup final, so treat it like one. The law was upheld, as it should be in a cup final. Therefore, our win is what we deserved, and not had the gloss taken off it by a goal that should never have stood.

And in any case, we won.  :confused-smiley-013:

Liar
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2014: Mar 08, 2024 10:58:12 am

Fantastic reply!

Let him get his spades and spades of bullshit to respond to that!  ;D
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,268 posts | 760 
      Reply #2015: Mar 10, 2024 07:41:25 pm
      You could write a book about what's wrong(or even right) with VAR.
      It's agreed the operators are poor, but unless they are replaced with better one's (Unlikely)..then we'll have to wait, and hope they get better.
      But the problem doesn't just lie with inept officials; It's also to do with defining the parameters of what they are asked to judge. The rules surrounding their input needs to be clearer. As a lot of you might know I think the whole thing needs binning, but that's not going to happen.
      That Doku incident is a good example: Let's say the ref see's it in real time but isn't 100% sure....to some extent he can abdicate his responsibility to VAR....and if they do, (or don't) think it's a pen then at least he doesn't have to call it. It's all a mess. It's poorly drafted law.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #2016: Mar 11, 2024 08:08:16 am
      I knew it!!! That little c**t ;)

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2017: Mar 11, 2024 08:51:14 am
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 804 posts | 155 
      Reply #2018: Mar 11, 2024 11:11:23 am
      Keep VAR for offsides only, outside that it's pretty pointless to have it seeing as the guys behind the tech are all a bunch of F***ing hillbilly knackers.

Can anyone explain how Mcginn on Udogie is seen as a red but Moder on poor Neco isn't?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,268 posts | 760 
      Reply #2019: Mar 11, 2024 01:49:25 pm
      It's a penalty. So why wasn't it awarded?
      Corrupt officials against LFC Federation....I don't think so. The answer lies somewhere in how and why we make the judgements we all do, every single day.
      All of our conscious decisions are influenced by a number of factors. The technical term used by social scientists is "Noise" Not noise as in audible sound, but mental noise, all that stuff that's going on around you all the time. All this perceived stimulus is processed and filtered through your own
      mental library of experience, bias, etc...etc.  Sometimes we have the time to analyse and scrutinise our perceptions before we come to a rational conclusion; at other times we have to make quick snap instinctive decisions. Fast decision making is almost always personal, it affects us alone, Can I get across the road before that bus gets here?...that kind of thing. Referee's make numerous fast decisions every game, I don't know the data figures but I'd guess 80/90% are unlikely to affect the result, minor infringements in the main. But most games will have an incident(or more) which might well influence the result, and its in trying to get these key incidents correct is why we have VAR.
      To arrive at a final decision there is a chain of command. The senior member of that chain is the referee and he is obligated and trusted to make difficult decisions, (these they usually get right without resorting to VAR)...  VAR only exists ( leaving offside out of it for now so as to make my point) because the technology exists for other people to scrutinise incidents the referee may not have seen. 

Here's the problem: VAR has been given the power to decide what they think constitutes a "Clear and obvious error" or "Missed serious action" They shouldn't have this degree of power; it essentially means the game is being referee'd twice. We would be better served if all judgements were taken away from VAR. The parameters of their involvement needs a much narrower remit. I'm not going to try and draft any new VAR laws, other than to say ALL key incidents inside the penalty area, should be highlighted by VAR and referred back to the referee to review on the monitor. At least then it's still in the hands of one single official to make all the decisions in the game. IF, like now VAR can pick and choose what they think constitutes a Clear and obvious error then we are doomed to years and years of frustration and this tiresome postulation of a conspiracy theory.
      Of course like any chain of command VAR has a hierarchy, and all hierarchies follow a set line of influence. All VAR operators will be guided to a large extent by the referee....generally speaking, If he doesn't think it's a pen, then that's good enough for them...it absolves them from making a decision.
      We also see this in reverse; a VAR operator forms an opinion that a tackle is worthy of a red card and asks the ref to review the footage. The ref now thinks well if he/they think it's a red I'll award it...again, it absolves him of making a decision. (How often doe's he disagree with the VAR call?...hardly ever)

The Doku incident late in the game yesterday was a potential penalty, it was so late in the game, ALL the officials knew, not only would their decision affect the result of the game, but also possibly who would claim the title. This is intense pressure, which they are paid to handle...but they are human and decisions are influenced by pressure..imagine, a penalty awarded, and scored gives Liverpool the league title...and that decision is later shown to have been in error...anyway you take my point.
      Far better (from their point of view) to not award it as it then absolves them of potentially deciding the title. The other "noise" behind the judgement would be the fact Liverpool had already been given a penalty ....as was the time left in the game....the crowd....the opponent...all these things are factors which combined contribute to the final decision.
      As Klopp said, anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul and given, but the pressure on the officials yesterday was so intense, it's hardly surprising they  bottled it....that's no excuse....It was a penalty.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2024 11:29:50 pm by Longy-Shops »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2020: Mar 11, 2024 01:50:11 pm
      At least before VAR, when you got shafted on a call you could chalk it up to the human element of error. Now we are still getting shafted and there's literally no excuse. F***ing useless system the way it's been implemented.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2021: Mar 11, 2024 03:01:30 pm
      It's a penalty. So why wasn't it awarded?
      Corrupt officials against LFC Federation....I don't think so. The answer lies somewhere in how and why we make the judgements we all do, every single day.
      All of our conscious decisions are influenced by a number of factors. The technical term used by social scientists is "Noise" Not noise as in audible sound, but mental noise, all that stuff that's going on around you all the time. All this perceived stimulus is processed and filtered through your own
      mental library of experience, bias, etc...etc.  Sometimes we have the time to analyse and scrutinise our perceptions before we come to a rational conclusion; at other times we have to make quick snap instinctive decisions. Fast decision making is almost always personal, it affects us alone, Can I get across the road before that bus gets here?...that kind of thing. Referee's make numerous fast decisions every game, I don't know the data figures but I'd guess 80/90% are unlikely to affect the result, minor infringements in the main. But most games will have an incident(or more) which might well influence the result, and its in trying to get these key incidents correct is why we have VAR.
      To arrive at a final decision there is a chain of command. The senior member of that chain is the referee and he is obligated and trusted to make difficult decisions, (these they usually get right without resorting to VAR)...  VAR only exists ( leaving offside out of it for now so as to make my point) because the technology exists for other people to scrutinise incidents the referee may not have seen. 

Here's the problem: VAR has been given the power to decide what they think constitutes a "Clear and obvious error" or "Missed serious action" They shouldn't have this degree of power; it essentially means the game is being referee'd twice. We would be better served if all judgements were taken away from VAR. The parameters of their involvement needs a much narrower remit. I'm not going to try and draft any new VAR laws, other than to say ALL key incidents inside the penalty area, should be highlighted by VAR and referred back to the referee to review on the monitor. At least then it's still in the hands of one single official to make all the decisions in the game. IF, like now VAR can pick and choose what they think constitutes a Clear and obvious error then we are doomed to years and years of frustration and this tiresome postulation of a conspiracy theory.
      Of course like any chain of command VAR has a hierarchy, and all hierarchies follow a set line of influence. All VAR operators will be guided to a large extent by the referee....generally speaking, If he doesn't think it's a pen, then that's good enough for them...it absolves them from making a decision.
      We also this in reverse; a VAR operator forms an opinion that a tackle is worthy of a red card and asks the ref to review the footage. The ref now thinks well if he/they think it's a red I'll award it...again, it absolves him of making a decision. (How often doe's he disagree with the VAR call?...harly ever)

The Doku incident late in the game yesterday was a potential penalty, it was so late in the game, ALL the officials knew, not only would their decision affect the result of the game, but also possibly who would claim the title. This is intense pressure, which they are paid to handle...but they are human and decisions are influenced by pressure..imagine, a penalty awarded, and scored gives Liverpool the league title...and that decision is later shown to have been in error...anyway you take my point.
      Far better (from their point of view) to not award it as it then absolves them of potentially deciding the title. The other "noise" behind the judgement would be the fact Liverpool had already been given a penalty ....as was the time left in the game....the crowd....the opponent...all these things are factors which combined contribute to the final decision.
      As Klopp said, anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul and given, but the pressure on the officials yesterday was so intense, it's hardly surprising they  bottled it....that's no excuse....It was a penalty.

If an official can't make a call when the game is on the line and the pressure is on, they shouldn't be an official. They should be punished severely for the first offense and if it happens again they should be relieved of their duties as an official for this league. Whether you believe there is some sort of compartmentalized or systemic corruption or you don't, the fact that it can be entertained as a possibility already tells us that the standard of officiating isn't up to par for what's touted as the greatest league in the world. And if an official can't make a call because it may affect a title race then their integrity is already corrupted.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,268 posts | 760 
      Reply #2022: Mar 11, 2024 06:47:42 pm
      If an official can't make a call when the game is on the line and the pressure is on, they shouldn't be an official. They should be punished severely for the first offense and if it happens again they should be relieved of their duties as an official for this league. Whether you believe there is some sort of compartmentalized or systemic corruption or you don't, the fact that it can be entertained as a possibility already tells us that the standard of officiating isn't up to par for what's touted as the greatest league in the world. And if an official can't make a call because it may affect a title race then their integrity is already corrupted.
      Your point is valid and correct inasmuch as if they can't make a decision under pressure (Which is their paid job)..then they should be removed from that job. This gets to the heart of the problem, The PGMOL believes that what we refer to as the non-call, is in fact THE call, they don't see it as abdication of a judgement...they see it as a considered thought out rational verdict. So when we say the VAR official bottled out of making a decision....they would counter and say, no that's not true, he considered the evidence, formed an opinion and didn't think it was a pen. My point is VAR shouldn't make that call, they need to be stripped of that power, and ALL incidents surrounding a potential penalty should be reviewed by the on field ref, on the pitch side monitor.....Otherwise it's too inconsistent, they review one incident, but not another very similar incident. This is what drives everyone up the wall.
      I don't know but I suspect refereeing a game is harder now than it was 30 years ago...the level of scrutiny is off the charts. Is officiating any worse than them days?...probably, but it's been exacerbated by the introduction of VAR. Adding complexity to a problem, seldom fixes it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #2023: Mar 13, 2024 12:39:08 am
      Where's that lad from across the Pond today.

Can't wait to hear his reasoning for the penalty that was not given.

Quick Reply