Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 240868 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: VAR
      Reply #2024: Mar 13, 2024 08:50:03 am
      Where's that lad from across the Pond today.

Can't wait to hear his reasoning for the penalty that was not given.

He’s in his phone note pad now creating his draft of bullshit, usually takes him at least 5 business days. It takes time to come up with complete nonsense like he does, he’s got the art of talking bullshit down to perfection, he’s the Shakespeare of bullshit.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,350 posts | 1627 
      Reply #2025: Mar 13, 2024 08:55:25 am
      He’s in his phone note pad now creating his draft of bullshit, usually takes him at least 5 business days. It takes time to come up with complete nonsense like he does, he’s got the art of talking bullshit down to perfection, he’s the Shakespeare of bullshit.

That’s four major games already where var hasn’t worked and it’s still championing the cause , us and wolves been royally shafted by it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2026: Mar 13, 2024 10:37:39 am
      Where's that lad from across the Pond today.

Can't wait to hear his reasoning for the penalty that was not given.

He drowned trying to get  across  :lmao:
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #2027: Mar 13, 2024 10:46:23 am
      You wish Keith  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2028: Mar 13, 2024 01:02:04 pm

Think we all do.  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2029: Mar 13, 2024 09:44:06 pm

Finally you say something Intelligent and witty  :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2030: Mar 14, 2024 08:29:04 am
      Finally you say something Intelligent and witty  :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

😂😂
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #2031: Mar 14, 2024 01:53:24 pm
      Quote from Longy-Shops
      You could write a book about what's wrong(or even right) with VAR.
      It's agreed the operators are poor, but unless they are replaced with better one's (Unlikely)..then we'll have to wait, and hope they get better.
      But the problem doesn't just lie with inept officials; It's also to do with defining the parameters of what they are asked to judge. The rules surrounding their input needs to be clearer. As a lot of you might know I think the whole thing needs binning, but that's not going to happen.
      That Doku incident is a good example: Let's say the ref see's it in real time but isn't 100% sure....to some extent he can abdicate his responsibility to VAR....and if they do, (or don't) think it's a pen then at least he doesn't have to call it. It's all a mess. It's poorly drafted law.

You would have been delighted with the result of the challenge then. The ref didn't give it and it wasn't reviewed. Happy days for all who want it binned. Because that's what binning it looks like.

I've just seen Jay Spearing sent off for handball on the line last weekend, when the video shows clearly that it was never handball at any point. It's as bad a decision as anything I've ever seen. Yet another example of why VAR is needed at ALL levels of football asap.

Quote from AussieRed
      Finally you say something Intelligent and witty

It's neither. Instead it's mancs reminding us again what they're really like. Singing at games about our fans not coming home one minute, then wishing we drown the next. How anyone of us possibly could like that shower, is beyond me.

I just hope they're enjoying their mid table mediocrity, suits them down to the ground.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,268 posts | 760 
      Reply #2032: Mar 14, 2024 03:05:26 pm
      You would have been delighted with the result of the challenge then. The ref didn't give it and it wasn't reviewed. Happy days for all who want it binned. Because that's what binning it looks like.

I've just seen Jay Spearing sent off for handball on the line last weekend, when the video shows clearly that it was never handball at any point. It's as bad a decision as anything I've ever seen. Yet another example of why VAR is needed at ALL levels of football asap.

It's neither. Instead it's mancs reminding us again what they're really like. Singing at games about our fans not coming home one minute, then wishing we drown the next. How anyone of us possibly could like that shower, is beyond me.

I just hope they're enjoying their mid table mediocrity, suits them down to the ground.
      You have not understood the point I was making.....I'll make it again in as clear a manner as I can.

Referee's are apt not to make a difficult decision because they know that VAR will review the incident, removing any criticism of themselves (If it's deemed to be an error). Equally, VAR don't want to make a call for the exact same reason, it absolves them of blame should it later be proven to be an error....So they leave it to the ref.
      Essentially both parties are leaving the decision to each other....So in the end nobody makes the call.
      If there was NO VAR last weekend, the referee would have to make the call. The system at present allows for neither of them to make a call....which paradoxically is a call in itself....a non-call is actually a call.

The ref didn't give it because he preferred to see what VAR thought of it....This allows referee's to not referee. If there was no VAR and the ref say's no pen...then I accept his decision....even if I think he's made an error.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,350 posts | 1627 
      Reply #2033: Mar 14, 2024 03:51:14 pm
      You have not understood the point I was making.....I'll make it again in as clear a manner as I can.

Referee's are apt not to make a difficult decision because they know that VAR will review the incident, removing any criticism of themselves (If it's deemed to be an error). Equally, VAR don't want to make a call for the exact same reason, it absolves them of blame should it later be proven to be an error....So they leave it to the ref.
      Essentially both parties are leaving the decision to each other....So in the end nobody makes the call.
      If there was NO VAR last weekend, the referee would have to make the call. The system at present allows for neither of them to make a call....which paradoxically is a call in itself....a non-call is actually a call.

The ref didn't give it because he preferred to see what VAR thought of it....This allows referee's to not referee. If there was no VAR and the ref say's no pen...then I accept his decision....even if I think he's made an error.

Don’t matter if it’s understood or not you won’t get through,
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2034: Mar 14, 2024 04:54:06 pm
      I'm to the point of thinking that VAR should implement a challenge system much like the NFL has. Give each manager 1 challenge per game (or per half if you aren't worried about it slowing down the game even further) and they can basically tell the ref "I want you to go to the VAR monitor to review that play and make a determination. So Klopp basically could have challenged that play and forced Oliver to go to the screen to rewatch it. I feel confident had Oliver watched the play on review himself he would have awarded a red. And it would somewhat take away this "No you review it" situation that Longy-Shops is describing because it's going to put the onus on the onfield official to review the call himself. So hopefully it would eliminate officials sluffing off their responsibility to make a call as they would know that even if they didn't call it, there's a chance the manager is going to make them look at it anyway.

The only downside I see is how that would interrupt the flow of the game, but if it made it possible to get more calls right, I think it would be worth a trial.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,171 posts | 521 
      Reply #2035: Mar 14, 2024 05:32:48 pm
      I'm to the point of thinking that VAR should implement a challenge system much like the NFL has. Give each manager 1 challenge per game (or per half if you aren't worried about it slowing down the game even further) and they can basically tell the ref "I want you to go to the VAR monitor to review that play and make a determination. So Klopp basically could have challenged that play and forced Oliver to go to the screen to rewatch it. I feel confident had Oliver watched the play on review himself he would have awarded a red. And it would somewhat take away this "No you review it" situation that Longy-Shops is describing because it's going to put the onus on the onfield official to review the call himself. So hopefully it would eliminate officials sluffing off their responsibility to make a call as they would know that even if they didn't call it, there's a chance the manager is going to make them look at it anyway.

Agree with that, but if the dozy tw*ts doing the VAR were more consistent in their calls then it would work better. Should not matter what time in the match it happens.

The only downside I see is how that would interrupt the flow of the game, but if it made it possible to get more calls right, I think it would be worth a trial.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,230 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2036: Mar 14, 2024 06:37:54 pm

If they don’t give it on VAR review then the bent bas**rds ain’t going to give it any time
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2037: Mar 15, 2024 12:20:16 pm
      Once again it’s NOT Var that’s the problem, nor is it the operators operating the system, it’s the influence of the PGMOL inside the Var box, sat next to the operator who are the problem, they will decide if it’s a penalty or not, they will decide if the onfield ref takes a look at the pitchside monitor, or not, not the Var operator, they are only there to move mouse cursers, press relevant buttons and what not,

They all see the same thing, the same footage both in real time and in slo mo, up close, differing angles and everything else in between, but the PGMOL official whether that be Tierney one week or any of his wee Gestapo mates another they will decide ultimately what happens next, and make up any excuse they see fit….like drawing the wrong lines in the Diaz onside goal Vs Spuds, Odegaard’s blatant hand ball Vs Arse, Endo seemingly blocking in the league cup final, yet Ake blocks Macca Vs City nothing given, Mane sent off for a high dangerous boot on Ederson, Duko similar dangerous high boot on Macca, nothing given…..there a few more contentious issues not mentioned but you’ll all know where I’m going here….

VAR is fine, it may require some fine tuning, but the operator’s or the operation of the system works perfectly well,

That leaves us with only one equation left….the PGMOL Nazi’s are the problem and as soon as they are removed the better for all, Simples !!!

YNWA

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,230 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2038: Mar 18, 2024 05:21:30 pm
      How on this earthdid Fernandez stay on yesterday, all readybooke the makes a terrible high, late tackle and ok it wasnt red but it was yellow and no action taken cheating officials again
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2039: Mar 18, 2024 06:17:39 pm
      How on this earthdid Fernandez stay on yesterday, all readybooke the makes a terrible high, late tackle and ok it wasnt red but it was yellow and no action taken cheating officials again

Ref had a very good game. Nice to see a result made by football and not the usual controversy VAR call gets every fcukin week.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,187 posts | 8558 
      Reply #2040: Mar 18, 2024 07:50:25 pm
      Ref had a very good game. Nice to see a result made by football and not the usual controversy VAR call gets every fcukin week.

Tbh that's what made the game a bit more exciting the lack of VAR calls. That's not a dig either.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #2041: Mar 18, 2024 08:06:52 pm

Well apart from the fact he should have sent off Fernandes
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2042: Mar 18, 2024 11:49:11 pm
      I don't get one thing someone apart from LATW please tell me if the actual referee can ask them at stockley park to give him a second look at something via the monitor.   I mean with the facility available he should at least once in a while ask them am not sure about this incident can I have another look.  Because them making a decision has large margins, it has to be absolutely clear cut mistake with some times even more margins. 
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2043: Mar 20, 2024 09:14:19 pm
      Audio released from the Doku challenge at the end of the city game.

Still the same unprofessional comms we heard in the Spurs debacle of ‘mate, Ollie, what do you want to see’. And the ref giving his input BEFORE the VAR even looks at it which clearly could influence a decision.

And then most bizarre it’s justified as ‘they both come in high’. Macallister has literally got his feet on the ground and a boot in the chest.

It’s so clear that there is no process or procedure to get to an outcome.

Ref shouldn’t give input to VAR
      VAR should clearly articulate what they want to see to whoever controls the replay etc
      VAR should give their feedback and inputs to ref and send him to screen with this knowledge
      Ref to decide after having seen live incident, heard the inputs from VAR and watching screen to assess

Those 4 steps alone would reduce the amount of nonsense we see every week with this system. The comms make you cringe
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #2044: Mar 22, 2024 01:53:57 pm
      Quote from Longy-Shops

He didn't give it because he didn't think it was a foul. He's supposed to be the best ref in the league. The same one that didn't give them two penalties in the 3-1 win in 2019.

When the VAR saw that the ball was won first in the challenge, he cleared it.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,356 posts | 2819 
      Reply #2045: Mar 22, 2024 02:25:49 pm
      Can't fathom any proper Liverpool supporter trying to defend the decision not to give us a penalty in the last min against City.

One of the clearest penalties you will ever see.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,977 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2046: Mar 22, 2024 03:02:31 pm
      Can't fathom any proper Liverpool supporter trying to defend the decision not to give us a penalty in the last min against City.

One of the clearest penalties you will ever see.

It’s always been debate if he/she is or isn’t a Liverpool supporter anyway. 😂

Quick Reply