Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 24th Feb @ 2:05 pm
      Old Trafford

Today is the 21st of February and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D5 L5

VAR

Read 13376 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | 338 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #330: Feb 02, 2019 03:21:30 pm
      Joe Gomez is out for the best part of 3 months for a tackle that wasn't considered dangerous. This tackle was far worse and should have been fully punished.

At first, I thought it was a shirt pull and a yellow. When you see the kick, you can't blame a ref if he gives a red for it.

It’s a yellow - every single ref has said its a yellow and you can see its a yellow , they looked at the replays and it’s still a yellow

Gomez tackle was a yellow

Players get injured because of all sorts of tackles - just because Gomez ended up with a bad injury doesn’t mean it’s a red card tackle
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,092 posts | 472 
      Reply #331: Feb 02, 2019 03:56:44 pm

Players get injured because of all sorts of tackles - just because Gomez ended up with a bad injury doesn’t mean it’s a red card tackle

For those that wear rose tinted glasses it's a red.  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,367 posts | 419 
      Reply #332: Feb 03, 2019 12:56:21 am
      Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas
      It’s a yellow - every single ref has said its a yellow and you can see its a yellow , they looked at the replays and it’s still a yellow

Gomez tackle was a yellow

I didn't say it was. I said it wasn't considered dangerous.

You said the tackle this week was only a yellow because it wasn't dangerous. I said it was deliberate and cynical, which it was. If a VAR spots that, I would expect him to advise the on field ref to get a red card out for it. The same ref was advised to do exactly that during a VAR game a few weeks ago for a high late challenge, after just 2 minutes. Unfortunately he didn't have it this week.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | 338 
      Reply #333: Feb 03, 2019 06:34:32 am
      I didn't say it was. I said it wasn't considered dangerous.

You said the tackle this week was only a yellow because it wasn't dangerous. I said it was deliberate and cynical, which it was. If a VAR spots that, I would expect him to advise the on field ref to get a red card out for it. The same ref was advised to do exactly that during a VAR game a few weeks ago for a high late challenge, after just 2 minutes. Unfortunately he didn't have it this week.
      Not in a million years was it a red card challenge - Refs saw it  again afterwards in replays and they have said it was a yellow , its a yellow card challenge.

Serious foul play
          Violent conduct
          Spitting at an opponent or any other person
          Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to    a goalkeeper within their own penalty area)
          Deliberate fouls that deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal (D.O.G.S.O.)[5]
          Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
          Receiving a second caution in the same match[1]:39

Thats what gets a red card and the Maguire challnge on Mane falls into none of them
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,367 posts | 419 
      Reply #334: Feb 03, 2019 10:41:33 pm
      Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas
      Not in a million years was it a red card challenge - Refs saw it  again afterwards in replays and they have said it was a yellow , its a yellow card challenge.

Serious foul play
          Violent conduct
          Spitting at an opponent or any other person
          Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to    a goalkeeper within their own penalty area)
          Deliberate fouls that deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal (D.O.G.S.O.)[5]
          Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
          Receiving a second caution in the same match[1]:39

Thats what gets a red card and the Maguire challnge on Mane falls into none of them

It falls under a) Serious foul play and/or b) DOGSO. Mane has a goalscoring opportunity if there's no foul. It wasn't a mistimed challenge, the opponent knew exactly what he was doing, and hoped he would get away with it. Which without VAR, he did. About 5 minutes later, he scored.

The ref with the host broadcaster insisted the Keita call wasn't a penalty, despite what the replays clearly showed. Even the match commentators questioned his judgement. A replica of the same foul came in the England-Italy friendly last year, discussed in this thread from Post 66, where a penalty was then given by VAR.

Since then, the same ref who got two major decisions wrong in our game has given a ghost goal to our rivals for a clear handball. Every week it's the same names in the spotlight, making wrong decisions which affect results. They need VAR, we need VAR, so we can get up to the 99.3% correct decision rate VAR provides.

Quick Reply