Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233276 times
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Re: VAR
      Reply #437: Aug 15, 2019 10:51:47 am
      Going to need VAR on the VAR judging by that penalty misjudgement.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #438: Aug 15, 2019 06:20:32 pm

Massive F**k up in all honesty. Can't blame the ref, seen loads of penalties given for same thing over the years.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #439: Aug 19, 2019 10:55:17 am
      I love it! Well, just for the moment  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #440: Aug 19, 2019 12:34:56 pm
      I'm one that's always been open for  VAR improvements but now doubting my own opinion. The late goal by city under VAR rules was the right decision ( but harsh ) However, how come there was no VAR review for the penalty claim which would surely have been given if VAR intervene. This is where I get tottaly confused with it all.  :f_doh:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #441: Aug 19, 2019 09:48:46 pm
      Soulless, that's how it felt after the wait for Neves goal against Man United.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #442: Aug 19, 2019 09:57:06 pm

Can't believe it was reviewing that but then not a peep with the Pogba dive.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #443: Aug 19, 2019 10:13:10 pm
      Can't believe it was reviewing that but then not a peep with the Pogba dive.

James lucky to be on the pitch as well, should have had a second yellow.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #444: Aug 19, 2019 11:15:48 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      The late goal by city under VAR rules was the right decision ( but harsh )

What is harsh about it? It's not an injustice, the law is crystal clear. Therefore the VAR has no choice but to step in and tell the referee to apply the relevant law before play resumes, and he did.

Quote from Roddenberry
      James lucky to be on the pitch as well, should have had a second yellow.

Not a VAR matter. Straight red card incidents only.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #445: Aug 19, 2019 11:53:15 pm

Not a VAR matter. Straight red card incidents only.

Want saying it was, was just a statement in reply thi another comment. To be honest though, I've seen straight reds given for the dangerous kind if tackle he did though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #446: Aug 20, 2019 04:48:01 pm

After the initial goal and celebration it's like the atmosphere went flat waiting on the VAR decision.

At the end of the day, makes a distinction between the different forms of the game, which is wrong. Should be the same rules for all whether Prem League, lower leagues, grass roots even kids footy.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #447: Aug 20, 2019 06:04:11 pm

couldn't agree more the EPL refs are just bloody awful . They have little authority on the pitch and look like frightened Rabbits caught in the headlights at the first sign of trouble. Why not get the best Refs in from other leagues and pay them well .

Agreed, with the introduction of VAR those questionable officials face even more scrutiny over their mistaken calls, it's been said before and is patently true - VAR gets it right more times than the faulted judgement of some visually challenged/biased/tired official.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #448: Aug 20, 2019 06:36:49 pm
      Initially in favour now I can’t stand it , all seater stadia take a lot of the atmosphere , now we got all the hanging about with this sh*t , was all for goal line technology, but this has gone way to far , and that useless tit Mike Riley wants a rod up his hoop for his interference with the handball laws mans a fckin idiot , worse than that he’s being paid to be a fckin idiot ,
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #449: Aug 21, 2019 02:01:24 am

Whether one is for it or against it (VAR) The one thing for sure it will take a lot of excitement out of the game, the sheer emotion and instinctive reaction to a goal.  Might be a bit too much to ask from the rule makers because they are useless at their jobs.  But really need to relax the laws of players celebrating and taking their shirts off or dare I say celebrating with the fans, to try and make up some ground.  Because this VAR is really killing the entertainment. 
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #450: Aug 21, 2019 12:41:26 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      At the end of the day, makes a distinction between the different forms of the game, which is wrong. Should be the same rules for all whether Prem League, lower league

Bundesliga 2 has introduced VAR this season. So eventually it will make it's way down the lower divisions in England. I would prefer it to be asap, but it's going to take time to trickle down the ladder. Until then, they will have to put up with the fallout from serious errors, lost points, and lost jobs.

Back at our level, City have already seen two decisions go against them. So without VAR, they are top of the league again. With VAR, we are top of the league atm. (We are also European Champions and Super Cup winners in the first year it has been used in those competitions) If there is a point separating first from second again at the end of May, it could easily be a VAR call that makes all the difference.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #451: Aug 21, 2019 01:14:36 pm
      Bundesliga 2 has introduced VAR this season. So eventually it will make it's way down the lower divisions in England. I would prefer it to be asap, but it's going to take time to trickle down the ladder. Until then, they will have to put up with the fallout from serious errors, lost points, and lost jobs.

Back at our level, City have already seen two decisions go against them. So without VAR, they are top of the league again. With VAR, we are top of the league atm. (We are also European Champions and Super Cup winners in the first year it has been used in those competitions) If there is a point separating first from second again at the end of May, it could easily be a VAR call that makes all the difference.

Man City not being on 6 points has more to do with them failing to convert their chances than the soulless VAR.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #452: Aug 22, 2019 06:04:46 pm
      Man City not being on 6 points has more to do with them failing to convert their chances than the soulless VAR.

There's no dichotomy here. It can be both things. To suggest VAR has nothing to do with it would be disingenuous.

I just hope we remain impartial when VAR ends up costing us goals or points, which it most definitely will at some point in the season. It's just been the case that Man City has been the "victim" lately, but I don't expect this will be a trend. In any case, teams that generate a lot of chances will certainly see more negative calls than teams that generate F**k all, which is to be expected.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #453: Aug 22, 2019 06:08:05 pm
      There's no dichotomy here. It can be both things. To suggest VAR has nothing to do with it would be disingenuous.

I just hope we remain impartial when VAR ends up costing us goals or points, which it most definitely will at some point in the season. It's just been the case that Man City has been the "victim" lately, but I don't expect this will be a trend. In any case, teams that generate a lot of chances will certainly see more negative calls than teams that generate F**k all, which is to be expected.

That's why I said More to do with.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #454: Aug 23, 2019 10:41:34 pm
      Quote from jabv
      I just hope we remain impartial when VAR ends up costing us goals or points, which it most definitely will at some point in the season.

Impartial is asking a bit much, but hopefully when it doesn't go our way, it will be when the result is already in the bag. There will be less hot air and noise if the decision is the difference between a 4 and 5 goal win, than the difference between a last minute win and a draw.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #455: Aug 26, 2019 12:29:13 am
      VAR is going to be seriously undermined if the penalty Lascelles gave away yesterday is not given.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #456: Aug 26, 2019 11:40:47 am
      VAR is going to be seriously undermined if the penalty Lascelles gave away yesterday is not given.

Didn’t see it as one myself mate Lascelles got tangled In his own feet which took the momentum into Kane and it was only ever slight and Kane was taking ball away from goal. But because he’s a horse faced darling of the press it’s getting a lot of air play.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #457: Sep 01, 2019 09:12:30 am
      Watching MOTD from last night - what's the point in VAR if we're not sending Tielemans off for that potential ankle breaker or giving Villa that last minute equaliser?

Utter shambles really.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #458: Sep 01, 2019 11:20:41 am
      Watching MOTD from last night - what's the point in VAR if we're not sending Tielemans off for that potential ankle breaker or giving Villa that last minute equaliser?

Utter shambles really.

Keeps on happening. That challenge was as bad as you can get, could have completely shattered his ankle.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #459: Sep 01, 2019 02:44:22 pm
      Sigurdson offside on the goal for Everton but VAR doesn’t pick it up. Embarrassing week for VAR, messed up today, in the Newcastle game, Palace game and Bournemouth game.

No wonder Mr VAR across the water is quiet today.

Quick Reply