Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233368 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #598: Nov 03, 2019 05:43:40 am
      An absolute shambles. No justification for that against Bobby.

He is clearly level! Atkinson is an absolute bellend.

Let’s wait and see what our resident VAR man has to say.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #599: Nov 03, 2019 11:31:03 am
      An absolute shambles. No justification for that against Bobby.

He is clearly level! Atkinson is an absolute bellend.

Let’s wait and see what our resident VAR man has to say.

Clearly behind I think. Hes been around, saw the user reading last night. So far has kept his powder dry.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #600: Nov 03, 2019 11:35:10 am
      Bobby armpits sounds good i think, sounds like a mafia nickname
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #601: Nov 03, 2019 01:17:04 pm
      This one genuinely needs investigating. Liverpool should put in an official complaint and demand clarification.

It is an offside call.. supposedly the easy one. The clear cut rule that VAR can rule on for sure. So how could this go so wrong?

There is serious suspicion that the VAR lines were altered. It needs looking into, as this could be genuine corruption or outright ignorance, and surely it cannot be allowed to be swept under the rug.

I can't believe there has been such little commentary on this by the media. I'm told MOTD blanked it entirely.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #602: Nov 03, 2019 02:12:27 pm
      What's the point in the screens? They've never been used once by any ref in any premier league game.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #604: Nov 03, 2019 06:02:17 pm
      And var strikes again
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #605: Nov 03, 2019 06:03:13 pm
      Surely a pen for the blue boys there?  :lmao:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #606: Nov 03, 2019 06:08:16 pm

I got it on as background, :confused-smiley-013:,think the cu*ts on var are just watching the nfl game and flipping a coin for decisions,oh missed that,looks bad injury.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #607: Nov 03, 2019 07:25:26 pm
      Piers Morgan saying it was a screw up by VAR as well.

I need a shower.

Several showers.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #608: Nov 03, 2019 07:37:41 pm
      If they can’t determine that’s hand ball then the game is screwed it was better before var it’s making a mockery of the game or rather the goons running it are
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #609: Nov 03, 2019 08:51:57 pm
      Only thing I can think of with that pen was perhaps it hit the everton players arm first?

Looked a pen for sure though.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #610: Nov 04, 2019 02:07:16 pm
      Quote from Roddenberry
      I, too, am awaiting the twisting of logic to justify the unjustifiable.

What cannot be justified is human error, when there's 200 million quid on the line. I know that's what you want, but I can't accept it, and will always advocate a system where errors can be restricted to the bare minimum. That's what we have atm.

Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas
      1. VaR is ruining the sport

2. Anyone that attempts to justify it hasnt got a F***ing clue about the sport and 3. has never been to a game in their life - 4. should stick to wanking over football manager

Wrong on all 4 counts.

Speaking of our fans at games, I would like to express my admiration for your model behaviour so far while an incident is under review, and not resorting to the disgusting chant that morons at other clubs sing. Whatever you think of it, VAR is here to stay and when necessary, has a very important job to do. So your ongoing tolerance and restraint during and after a review, is very much appreciated.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #611: Nov 04, 2019 03:02:47 pm
      No issue with VAR other than the incompetent idiots behind the screens..
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #612: Nov 04, 2019 03:48:44 pm
      What cannot be justified is human error, when there's 200 million quid on the line. I know that's what you want, but I can't accept it, and will always advocate a system where errors can be restricted to the bare minimum. That's what we have atm.

What's next, retake free kicks because a player slips, sun gets in a keepers eyes, drop ball.

Mistakes are part of the game, I don't give a sh*t about the money.

Not accepting mistakes is just denying being human and to be honest, much like Nobby from Discworld, I think you need to start carrying proof around that you are.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #613: Nov 04, 2019 04:49:14 pm

Bullshit!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #614: Nov 04, 2019 06:32:38 pm
      No issue with VAR other than the incompetent idiots behind the screens..

This is it. To go for VAR and not the idiots behind the screen is to miss the point. It worked so well at the World Cup... because they had good referees managing it then.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #615: Nov 04, 2019 06:56:30 pm

Wrong on all 4 counts.

Speaking of our fans at games, I would like to express my admiration for your model behaviour so far while an incident is under review, and not resorting to the disgusting chant that morons at other clubs sing. Whatever you think of it, VAR is here to stay and when necessary, has a very important job to do. So your ongoing tolerance and restraint during and after a review, is very much appreciated.

Disgusting chant ahh that made me laugh! ;D

F**k VAR (and those that use it so poorly)
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #616: Nov 04, 2019 07:04:10 pm

Unfortunately we still have human error, and that error is even more unacceptable than the 'real time' error, because - after waiting a period of time where nobody has a clue what's happening - there are tw*ts in a room who, even with the benefit of angles and replays and all the rest of it, are unbelievably making bad decisions - it's a farce.

VAR likely will be part of the game at some stage, but until the numpties using VAR know what their doing, should suspend it. Rugby almost always get it right when using VAR - don't know why the PL have made such a dogs dinner of it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #617: Nov 04, 2019 09:13:37 pm

You’re unbelievable. So much has been said about how its not so much the technology but the idiots in control of it and your response has always been trying to argue the right decision was made. Now you are saying how human error can’t be justified?! All the errors that you are choosing to ignore have been human error.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #618: Nov 04, 2019 10:12:09 pm
      What a crock of sh*t this VAR malarkey is!!!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #619: Nov 04, 2019 11:20:38 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      You’re unbelievable. So much has been said and your response has always been trying to argue the right decision was made.

Most of the time, a case can be argued for why a decision was made. There was 1 overturned decision last weekend, a stonewall penalty imo. Yet people still argue that a clear and obvious kick in the leg is not a foul. 🤔

If someone makes 120 major errors in their job in 9 months, you would call it unacceptable and demand action be taken to stop it. To do it in this sport, with all there is at stake, is also unacceptable and we have to do something to reduce it. Enter VAR.

Quote from bmck
      Unfortunately we still have human error, and that error is even more unacceptable than the 'real time' error, because - after waiting a period of time where nobody has a clue what's happening.

VAR likely will be part of the game at some stage, but until the numpties using VAR know what their doing, should suspend it. Rugby almost always get it right when using VAR - don't know why the PL have made such a dogs dinner of it.

When Riley stated before the start of the season that they were not going to punish Case A, and not going to apply the rule to Case B, and not going to use monitors, I guess it was clear that VAR was not going to be operated the same way it is everywhere else.

Even with the screens in the ground, communication is of empty phrases. "CHECKING GOAL" Checking for what exactly? Offside, foul, handball? "DECISION NO GOAL" Why? In the European Cup, the big screens tell the crowd what the review is for, and tells them why the decision was made. In the EPL, nobody is told anything and no monitor is used.

Apparently the RWC was full of questionable calls by technology. So the only advantage they have over our sport atm, is communication.

It's impossible to suspend or scrap VAR, but it is possible to make it better for everyone. The resources are now available for refs on the pitch to see all the evidence and make an informed judgement. It's about time they started using them, because they're only making life more difficult for themselves by not doing so.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #620: Nov 05, 2019 06:51:57 am
      Most of the time, a case can be argued for why a decision was made. There was 1 overturned decision last weekend, a stonewall penalty imo. Yet people still argue that a clear and obvious kick in the leg is not a foul. 🤔

If someone makes 120 major errors in their job in 9 months, you would call it unacceptable and demand action be taken to stop it. To do it in this sport, with all there is at stake, is also unacceptable and we have to do something to reduce it. Enter VAR.

When Riley stated before the start of the season that they were not going to punish Case A, and not going to apply the rule to Case B, and not going to use monitors, I guess it was clear that VAR was not going to be operated the same way it is everywhere else.

Even with the screens in the ground, communication is of empty phrases. "CHECKING GOAL" Checking for what exactly? Offside, foul, handball? "DECISION NO GOAL" Why? In the European Cup, the big screens tell the crowd what the review is for, and tells them why the decision was made. In the EPL, nobody is told anything and no monitor is used.

Apparently the RWC was full of questionable calls by technology. So the only advantage they have over our sport atm, is communication.

It's impossible to suspend or scrap VAR, but it is possible to make it better for everyone. The resources are now available for refs on the pitch to see all the evidence and make an informed judgement. It's about time they started using them, because they're only making life more difficult for themselves by not doing so.

You’ll need a re map on that drum it’s worn out

Quick Reply