Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Community Shield] Sat 29th Aug @ 4:30 pm
      Wembley

Today is the 13th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D5 L2

VAR

Read 89899 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,530 posts | 684 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #850: Mar 07, 2020 08:21:35 pm
      Where is MR VAR to defend that sh*te today
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,637 posts | 4537 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #851: Mar 07, 2020 09:30:33 pm
      More shocking decisions today. But how do they get away with it? The “clear and obvious error” bollocks.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4330 
      Reply #852: Mar 07, 2020 10:12:38 pm
      Where is MR VAR to defend that sh*te today

the Cat is out the bag it is still down to human interpretation so what is the point especially when you have cu*ts like Oliver involved
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,246 posts | 2094 
      Reply #853: Mar 07, 2020 10:47:58 pm
      the Cat is out the bag it is still down to human interpretation so what is the point especially when you have cu*ts like Oliver involved

I personally actually think Micheal Oliver is about the best in the league but how none of them saw that as a foul on Gomez I'll never f**king know
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,637 posts | 4537 
      Reply #854: Mar 07, 2020 10:49:49 pm

I personally actually think Micheal Oliver is about the best in the league but how none of them saw that as a foul on Gomez I'll never f**king know

It’s because that clown Tierney had said to them he didn’t think it was a foul and it was then deemed as not “clear and obvious” he had made a mistake.

Load of bollocks with a get out of jail card for one of the worst refs going.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,246 posts | 2094 
      Reply #855: Mar 07, 2020 10:51:31 pm
      It’s because that clown Tierney had said to them he didn’t think it was a foul and it was them deemed as not “clear and obvious” he had made a mistake.

Load of bollocks with a get out of jail card for one of the worst refs going.

I dont care if he said he didn't think it was a foul or not..
      Re watch it and not to say sorry but you missed a clear push and it's an error is f**king mental

If that's not a foul I dont understand
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,637 posts | 4537 
      Reply #856: Mar 07, 2020 10:54:17 pm
      I dont care if he said he didn't think it was a foul or not..
      Re watch it and not to say sorry but you missed a clear push and it's an error is f**king mental

If that's not a foul I dont understand

Mistake is a mistake whether it’s clear and obvious or not. They will rule goals out as offside by a distance of 1mm but give plenty of room for error for the refs. Complete sham full of inconsistent morons. At the end of the day, it’s still the same incompetent idiots making the decisions. It’s not the technology, it’s the ones using it.

They should have it so you can hear what’s being said. It would be interesting to see how they try and cover the refs backs at times.

Think I read earlier as well that VAR hasn’t overturned any decision within the first 15mins of a game. Whether that’s true or not I don’t know.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,877 posts | 587 
      Reply #857: Mar 08, 2020 11:59:55 pm
      Quote from Kopite78

From some angles, it looks a clear foul. From others, I can see why it wasn't given. The ref can't give a goal and a free kick. But if Joe went down, I think the free kick would be given.

If it means anything, all the pundits on LFCTV thought the challenge was fair. I would have thought, expected, them to pop a gasket, but they basically said Joe needed to be "stronger", whatever that means.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,877 posts | 587 
      Reply #858: Jul 31, 2020 10:51:33 pm
      Many of us didn't quite make it to Anfield this season. I suppose this was a flavour of what we missed out on.

https://youtu.be/rbaV7mXyG0o

VAR has been a wonderful tool this season when it's used as it should be, to sort out what is right in the league from what is wrong, but while those of us outside the ground know what's going on, communication in the ground surely has to be better than this.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,939 posts | 4543 
      Reply #859: Aug 02, 2020 12:12:33 pm
      Many of us didn't quite make it to Anfield this season. I suppose this was a flavour of what we missed out on.

https://youtu.be/rbaV7mXyG0o

VAR has been a wonderful tool this season when it's used as it should be, to sort out what is right in the league from what is wrong, but while those of us outside the ground know what's going on, communication in the ground surely has to be better than this.

It's sh*t and been a f**king joke in the prem, hence FIFA taking it over from IFAB.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,877 posts | 587 
      Reply #860: Aug 05, 2020 10:59:07 pm
      I don't know what if any, effect the takeover will have.

For the benefit of those in the stadium, VAR Check Complete should be displayed on the screens after every penalty appeal/award or goal given, so that they all know that the original decision on the field has been reviewed and will stand. It's not very difficult to implement, and it's much better than have fans staring at a referee's ear or looking for a whistle to blow, for up to several minutes at a time.

Quick Reply