Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233678 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #874: Sep 27, 2020 07:28:43 am
      So wasn't that a handball on Chelsea today for their equalizer?

I don't really want to see goals ruled out for every little thing, just trying to understand the application of the rule if anyone can help me.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #875: Sep 27, 2020 09:30:00 am
      So wasn't that a handball on Chelsea today for their equalizer?

I don't really want to see goals ruled out for every little thing, just trying to understand the application of the rule if anyone can help me.

Apparantly under the new handball rule this season a accidental handball would only be penalised if it happens immediately before a goal and any handball below the bottom of the armpit will be punished.

Make of that what you will.  :f_doh:
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #876: Sep 27, 2020 09:55:14 am
      It’s just stupid.

Soon for defending the most scouted youngsters will be double jointed kids who can tuck their arms up their shirts or bloody double amputees. There’s just no way to defend with these rules, imagine Messi, with the control he has, he could easily chip the ball into your arm purposely and get 15 penalties a game.

No kid is going to want to be a defender now and we’ll stop getting good ones coming through the ranks if it continues long term.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #877: Sep 27, 2020 10:32:47 am
      It’s just stupid.

Soon for defending the most scouted youngsters will be double jointed kids who can tuck their arms up their shirts or bloody double amputees. There’s just no way to defend with these rules, imagine Messi, with the control he has, he could easily chip the ball into your arm purposely and get 15 penalties a game.

No kid is going to want to be a defender now and we’ll stop getting good ones coming through the ranks if it continues long term.

Yeah I said the same last but didn't understand the rule properly at the time. I've already been taking advantage of it from a betting point of view already as this season we will have a record high, just like we will injuries but that's another story.

The new rule will definitely put youngsters off and send mixed feelings do they want to be a defender going forward. This is 2020 though, must certainly a year to forget in all our lives.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #878: Sep 27, 2020 11:09:30 am
      Saw the penalty real Madrid got last night when essentially the betis defender got pushed into the ball and hit part of the arm where supposedly in the pl it wouldn't be given. Instead of clarity it brings chaos and again it isn't the fault of var but the cretins operating it
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #879: Sep 27, 2020 04:15:28 pm
      This new handball rule is going to get battered this season, if you're in the box don't worry about getting it to another player just kick it or head it onto one of their players arms and you get a guaranteed penalty.

Heheh just like Sadio v spuds in the 19 CL final
      Kopite78
      Reply #880: Sep 27, 2020 05:39:52 pm
      I honestly think that's where it came from, it was such a talking point afterwards I think those at FIFA thought "this'll lead to more goals" and implemented it.

I thought that was a penalty in the CL final

Far enough away to get his hand out of the way. Not bias just what I thought, I'd have thought the other way around too

This spurs newcastle one though I've just seen it, absolute joke. Dier is jumping for a header, I'm not sure how you can jump with your hands at your side
      Hes not even looking at the ball
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #881: Sep 27, 2020 05:43:52 pm
      These penalty decisions are an absolute joke, how can the Newcastle one be given and yet last week at Arsenal not
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #882: Sep 28, 2020 01:57:49 pm
      Quote from FATKOPITE10
      Saw the penalty real Madrid got last night when essentially the betis defender got pushed into the ball and hit part of the arm where supposedly in the pl it wouldn't be given. Instead of clarity it brings chaos and again it isn't the fault of var but the cretins operating it

Yes it would be given in the EPL, and has been. Before VAR arrived. Suarez used to be very good at kicking the ball onto players hands right in front of him, and winning us penalties. We all gladly said "yes please and thank you" when he did and ranted at the ref if he didn't. If it is given in Spain and not given in our league , people complain about inconsistency.

Apart from Italians, almost every defender now wants to go forward and join in the attack when possible. Our full backs are so keen to join in, they run an assist competition. Last year, people complained why defenders were able to handle the ball with no penalty for it, when forwards had goals ruled out. Now the law has balanced itself out somewhat, defenders can't handle it and if they do, penalties are given.

Despite what the pundits say, the current FIFA rule in place since June 1 2019, and was demonstrated in the first minute of the European Cup Final, will not change until at least next summer. It does not state that a handball must be deliberate. Now it's up to the VAR to enforce it when the ref on the field hasn't. Whether you're a defender or not, once you handle the ball in this sport, you shouldn't be that surprised when it is spotted and dealt with.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #883: Sep 29, 2020 11:27:16 am
      https://www.facebook.com/mpume.mbono/videos/3545155115551940/

I've seen some diabolical VAR decisions this season but this against us yesterday, just sums up what a bunch of cu*ts these Refs all are!!!!

Check out the Refs reaction when Lacazette got blocked by Alisson!!!  >:( >:( >:(
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #884: Sep 29, 2020 12:26:24 pm

I've seen some diabolical VAR decisions this season but this against us yesterday, just sums up what a bunch of cu*ts these Refs all are!!!!

Check out the Refs reaction when Lacazette got blocked by Alisson!!!  >:( >:( >:(
      Worse one I've seen so far!!!! this  year was the Spurs one other day.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #885: Sep 29, 2020 06:05:32 pm

Not as bad as the arm pumping linesman that time.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #886: Oct 01, 2020 10:36:34 pm

Not as bad as the arm pumping linesman that time.

Don’t remember that one mate!
      Kopite78
      Reply #887: Oct 17, 2020 02:34:32 pm
      F**k you VAR

Absolutely F***ing ruining the game

Ridiculous
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #888: Oct 17, 2020 03:35:59 pm
      Where is that F***ing clown that constantly defends VAR - bet you can’t defend that embarrassment today
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #889: Oct 17, 2020 04:49:01 pm
      F**k you VAR

Absolutely f**king ruining the game

Sad isn't it, really been looking forward to this match and once again VAR put a spanner in the works with some awful decisions, none worse than Pickford staying on the pitch.

I was for VAR from the beginning but that soon dwindled away with so many bad calls.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #890: Oct 18, 2020 09:05:29 am
      Just watched MOD. Shearer makes a valid comment whereas VAR can't spot a clear red card with Prickford yet with Mane's offside it's clear as daylight to them.  :f_doh:

VAR official David Cnut (( sorry Coote )) should be sacked from his job as clearly hasn't a clue what's actually going on.
      Kopite78
      Reply #891: Oct 18, 2020 09:15:00 am
      Just watched MOD. Shearer makes a valid comment whereas VAR can't spot a clear red card with Prickford yet with Mane's offside it's clear as daylight to them.  :f_doh:

VAR official David Cnut (( sorry Coote )) should be sacked from his job as clearly hasn't a clue what's actually going on.

David Coote a united fan by all accounts Keith  :tosser:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #892: Oct 18, 2020 09:23:38 am
      David Coote a united fan by all accounts Keith  :tosser:

So I was right the first time in your eyes when I called him David Cnut.  ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #893: Oct 18, 2020 09:43:24 am
      So I was right the first time in your eyes when I called him David Cnut.  ;D

If I did my job as bad as he did then I wouldnt keep it for long
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #894: Oct 18, 2020 10:06:30 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #896: Oct 20, 2020 06:54:11 pm
      So the FA don’t take any  retrospective action against Pickford but take a form of retrospective action against coote ....great stuff.

Quick Reply