Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233261 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #989: Nov 21, 2020 10:21:21 pm
      Funny how United were having pops at us last season with VAR. The stats tell you they are miles in front on that score, with the gap widening by the game.

Corrupt or useless it's difficult to tell, but the clue may well be that United rarely come out on the wrong side of them.

Going to the monitor is a sell. The decision has been made 99% of the time before that point. As soon as the ref goes to the monitor he will change the decision. Coote didnt have it in him to keep his call but he was under big pressure from the Var there to change it.

The VAR had no business if we are talking about a fair game in sending the ref to the screen.

3 mancs in Rio, Scholes and their manager can see it, so why would an impartial official want to see anything else?

Very very odd that a club floundering about in the bottom half still gets these decisions but F**k me do they need them!
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2020 10:28:53 pm by fields of anny rd »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #991: Nov 23, 2020 09:38:54 am
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #992: Nov 23, 2020 10:22:12 am
      How can people this incompetent become officials?

How can a Manc referee a premier league match? 
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #993: Nov 28, 2020 02:46:27 pm
      From the game today, I can see one of the pitfalls of VAR is the magnification of the contact with slow motion replay.  We used to have the penalty being awarded from a very obvious foul.  As this is a contact sport, player contacts are inevitable.  However with those slow motions from VAR, all contacts in the area would become fouls and penalty would be wrongly awarded.

Also, with VAR, the ref is now focused on the contact in slow motion replay.  He does not consider the relative position of the players, or the overall picture.  If VAR has to be there, we should have install some new rule to balance it, for example a rule that award a free kick at the corner of the penalty area, instead of a penalty, for "fouls" in non-goal scoring chance situation in the area.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #994: Nov 28, 2020 02:57:18 pm
      From the game today, I can see one of the pitfalls of VAR

Only one? I've stopped counting how many.  :f_doh:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #995: Nov 28, 2020 06:22:50 pm
      I have come to the conclusion VAR stands for very awkward referee !!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #996: Nov 28, 2020 07:14:06 pm
      I'll still say it's the Premier League's interpreted version of VAR that causing half of the confusion.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #997: Nov 29, 2020 08:49:45 pm
      I have come to the conclusion VAR stands for very awkward referee !!

More like Virtual Arse Rapers!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #998: Nov 29, 2020 11:08:12 pm
      Virtual.Arse,Rimmers? Virtual Arse Reamers?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #999: Nov 30, 2020 12:30:48 am
      Virtual.Arse,Rimmers? Virtual Arse Reamers?

that'll F***ing do..the cu*ts!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1000: Nov 30, 2020 09:14:07 am
      I was for VAR from the beginning but changed my mine while back. Fed up of not being able to celebrate a goal for many reasons as most of you will know. Have you had enough?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1001: Dec 01, 2020 12:07:58 am
      I was for VAR from the beginning but changed my mine while back. Fed up of not being able to celebrate a goal for many reasons as most of you will know. Have you had enough?

The answer to your question is in how many fkn pages we already up to on this discussion and in the Thread titled VAR has to go , you dumbarse!!  :D :D :D :lmao: :lmao: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1002: Dec 01, 2020 08:52:05 am
      The answer to your question is in how many fkn pages we already up to on this discussion and in the Thread titled VAR has to go , you dumbarse!!  :D :D :D :lmao: :lmao: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Dumarse  :spam: listen mother f**ker that doesn't give numbers this does. However won't matter to you coz you can't count and only do pictures.  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1003: Dec 04, 2020 01:33:45 am
      Dumarse  :spam: listen mother f**ker that doesn't give numbers this does. However won't matter to you coz you can't count and only do pictures.  :lmao:

U dickhead!!  :D :D
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1004: Dec 04, 2020 07:17:48 am
      Main and biggest problem beside the handball rule (which is more of a rule problem than it is a VAR one) is the fact that it is not used for ''Clear and Obvious'' mistakes. It's actually quite the opposite, it is being used on every little mistake. Mistakes that are not clear and obvious, in some cases they would've not been perceptible even to the person watching on TV. Of course when you replay everything, zoomed in x7 and in slow motion 23 times then everything looks ''clear and obvious''.

I thought that making the ref go to the monitor would make things better but it changed nothing at all if not made it worse. What we see happening is a process in which the ref is pressured into taking a specific decision.

Var stops the game for 3 minutes during which the ref is just standing there with a crowd of players shouting at him and pressuring him. Also, the longer it takes, the longer it is obvious for the ref that he might've made a mistake and that there is a close call. Then they call him to the screen and show him the isolated action in a 10x zoom and in slow motion over and over again with no context whatsoever. After all that pressure, there is 1 chance out of 10 that he comes ups with any other decision than to allow the free-kick/penalty/give the red card, etc.

Even the offside, which was supposed to be the easiest thing of em all, they managed to make it worse. They call it a black or white decision. Fair enough but you proceed to draw lines one time from the leg, one time from the knee, one time from the armpit, another from the shoulder, another from the head, etc. If it is black or white then you should draw the line from the same body part every time so the players can get a clue on how to beat an offside instead just tailoring each check to each individual situation.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #1005: Dec 04, 2020 08:40:20 pm
      Why did they bring it in anyway? footy was fine as it was.. I used to relish the opportunity to debate my interpretation of a particular "hand ball" or "just over the line" decision with friends and colleagues, now we all just get pissed off about how VAR is screwing us over and making us feel like cheap whores every week :f_wah:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1006: Dec 06, 2020 08:11:20 pm
      The league is becoming rife with divers due to the new rules under VAR. There's just no getting away from it and it isn't the way the game should be played. We've just witnessed Coady diving over fresh air, viewed by VAR and the correct decision being made so why hasn't Coady been booked for diving??

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1007: Dec 07, 2020 09:57:26 am
      The Coady dive last night...

After 1 look why did the fella in the var hq not tell the ref dive no pen?

After several looks why did he need to tell the ref to look himself when it was clear and obvious no pen?

Why then did the ref need 3 or 4 looks to decide no pen when 1 look clearly shows no peno?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1008: Dec 07, 2020 03:55:24 pm
      The Coady dive last night...

After 1 look why did the fella in the var hq not tell the ref dive no pen?

After several looks why did he need to tell the ref to look himself when it was clear and obvious no pen?

Why then did the ref need 3 or 4 looks to decide no pen when 1 look clearly shows no peno?

I'm still trying to fathom that out myself Brian.  ;D  Rememeber Voyage to the bottom of the sea? Dive- Dive - Dive  :lmao: It's getting to a stage in the Premier league something needs to be done. I'm all for a straight red when it's 100%  certain like in  Coady's case. Personally I'd of given Salah a yellow card too for milking his dive.  :-\
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1009: Dec 07, 2020 04:42:52 pm
      I'm still trying to fathom that out myself Brian.  ;D  Rememeber Voyage to the bottom of the sea? Dive- Dive - Dive  :lmao: It's getting to a stage in the Premier league something needs to be done. I'm all for a straight red when it's 100%  certain like in  Coady's case. Personally I'd of given Salah a yellow card too for milking his dive.  :-\

Sadly Keith ive basically accepted diving as part of the game now, is almost a skill now.

But refs and officials are being drawn into the mythical world of var..

Clear and obvious......they are making it as unclear and obscure as can be
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1010: Dec 07, 2020 05:10:02 pm
      Sadly Keith ive basically accepted diving as part of the game now, is almost a skill now.

But refs and officials are being drawn into the mythical world of var..

Clear and obvious......they are making it as unclear and obscure as can be

Absolutely agree  mate, it's bordering on the ridiculous and now just becoming a part of the game.  That's VAR for us :action-smiley-060:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1011: Dec 07, 2020 07:41:05 pm
      Quote from PolarBearRed
      Main and biggest problem beside the handball rule (which is more of a rule problem than it is a VAR one) is the fact that it is not used for ''Clear and Obvious'' mistakes. It's actually quite the opposite, it is being used on every little mistake. Mistakes that are not clear and obvious, in some cases they would've not been perceptible even to the person watching on TV. Of course when you replay everything, zoomed in x7 and in slow motion 23 times then everything looks ''clear and obvious''.

I thought that making the ref go to the monitor would make things better but it changed nothing at all if not made it worse. What we see happening is a process in which the ref is pressured into taking a specific decision.

Var stops the game for 3 minutes during which the ref is just standing there with a crowd of players shouting at him and pressuring him. Also, the longer it takes, the longer it is obvious for the ref that he might've made a mistake and that there is a close call. Then they call him to the screen and show him the isolated action in a 10x zoom and in slow motion over and over again with no context whatsoever. After all that pressure, there is 1 chance out of 10 that he comes ups with any other decision than to allow the free-kick/penalty/give the red card, etc.

Even the offside, which was supposed to be the easiest thing of em all, they managed to make it worse. They call it a black or white decision. Fair enough but you proceed to draw lines one time from the leg, one time from the knee, one time from the armpit, another from the shoulder, another from the head, etc. If it is black or white then you should draw the line from the same body part every time so the players can get a clue on how to beat an offside instead just tailoring each check to each individual situation.

You can't do that. No two offside decisions are the same situation. The ref going to the monitor gives him the chance to see what he missed, as many times as he needs to see it, to make a decision.

There is no little mistake. They cost teams points, titles, trophies, revenue, jobs. The less mistakes there are, on and off the pitch, the better the game is.

Quote from Keith Singleton
      It's getting to a stage in the Premier league something needs to be done. I'm all for a straight red when it's 100%  certain like in  Coady's case.

Something was done. VAR was used. I don't want to sound triumphalistic, but if the league paid attention to the noise from the protestors and flip floppers last week and all season, nothing could be done, and the conman would have been rewarded.

Defenders get yellow cards every week, it's not exactly a deterrent. But overturning his penalty will hurt him far more than a yellow card ever could.

Quote from AJ
      Why did they bring it in anyway? footy was fine as it was.. I used to relish the opportunity to debate my interpretation of a particular "hand ball" or "just over the line" decision with friends and colleagues, now we all just get pissed off about how VAR is screwing us over and making us feel like cheap whores every week :f_wah:

If it's a choice between having debates and having points, I'll take the points every time, and debate something else.

We see from the challenge against VVD, what happens when VAR is not used. Mayhem. Threats. Uproar. When we get a call our way, I breathe a sigh of relief that the EPL won't budge an inch to the protesters and the campaigners. We see from the penalty overturned v Wolves why it is needed. It's killing cheating, not our game.

Quick Reply