Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233398 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1127: Apr 13, 2021 01:40:29 pm
      It's ruining nothing. Every referee wants to have VAR, as it protects them from making wrong decisions 99% of the time. It's their voices that matter.

Quote from Keith Singleton
      I'm sure he will post later and confirm it was offside  :f_doh:

Seriously though what hasn't already been said that will be said again. Most fans don't like it anymore coz it's just completely ruining our game. It's the new norm as they say. I much prefer the old system

Thanks for typing the first sentence of the post out for me. Saves me having to do it.

As regards the rest, it makes absolutely no difference whether fans like it or not. No fan  will ever like a decision given against their team, whether it's by the ref, linesman, fourth official, VAR, FA, FIFA, or IFAB. Just as they don't like it in rugby, cricket, tennis, NFL etc. Neither do I.

However, when the race to get into next year's European Cup is so tight in our case, (it could be a one point difference, a one goal difference, or even one away goal on head to head aggregate) and all that comes with it, then every goal decision in the games must be correct, and millimetres matter. The referee is not handicapped anymore by the "only one look at an incident" he was before. He can see it as many times as the rest of us and if the technology shows the original decision should be overturned, then the decision will be overturned.

Even though we can all see what should happen, the technology did not prove the offside decision given on the pitch at West Brom v Southampton should be overturned, and it was the main story about the game. That's what happens if you just go with the onfield call. Wrong decisions and headlines. West Brom won't be using VAR for much longer, but the league will, and steps have to be put in place to ensure such an incident doesn't happen again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1128: Apr 13, 2021 06:06:59 pm

Only in your twisted mind!! The majority of all footy fans think it's massively ruining the game because the cu*ts using it are F***ing useless. it's taking the spontaneous aspect of the game away.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1129: Apr 13, 2021 06:11:43 pm
      It's ruining nothing. Every referee wants to have VAR, as it protects them from making wrong decisions 99% of the time. It's their voices that matter.

You must be some kind of internet shtick to even think about writing something like that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1130: Apr 13, 2021 06:20:15 pm

Thanks for typing the first sentence of the post out for me. Saves me having to do it.

The cap fits well then.  ;)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1131: Apr 13, 2021 07:10:14 pm

As regards the rest, it makes absolutely no difference whether fans like it or not. No fan  will ever like a decision given against their team, whether it's by the ref, linesman, fourth official, VAR, FA, FIFA, or IFAB. Just as they don't like it in rugby, cricket, tennis, NFL etc. Neither do I.

However, when the race to get into next year's European Cup is so tight in our case, (it could be a one point difference, a one goal difference, or even one away goal on head to head aggregate) and all that comes with it, then every goal decision in the games must be correct, and millimetres matter. The referee is not handicapped anymore by the "only one look at an incident" he was before. He can see it as many times as the rest of us and if the technology shows the original decision should be overturned, then the decision will be overturned.

Even though we can all see what should happen, the technology did not prove the offside decision given on the pitch at West Brom v Southampton should be overturned, and it was the main story about the game. That's what happens if you just go with the onfield call. Wrong decisions and headlines. West Brom won't be using VAR for much longer, but the league will, and steps have to be put in place to ensure such an incident doesn't happen again.

You either have no F***ing clue or you have money in the system used

VAR has ruined football
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1132: Apr 13, 2021 08:30:35 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      The majority of all footy fans think it's taking the spontaneous aspect of the game away.

Let them. It doesn't matter what they think. It matters what the refs think. And everyone of them want it. Just seen Neil Jones on Press Box whinge that it's the worst thing he's ever seen in the game in his lifetime. Not racism, not spitting, not cheating, not incompetence, not scandals, not England fans renovating numerous European cities on tour. No, it's VAR that's the worst thing ever.

I guess he was sat there slumped in his armchair last June, when the rest of us were begging VAR to give that penalty that wrapped up the league for us. We didn't want spontaneity, we wanted the correct decision. Once we got it, we could all start celebrating. Well I say all, but maybe not him. He's going to have to get used to it, like the rest of us, or watch something else to make a living. There's no alternative option.

Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas
      You either have no clue or you have money in the system used

VAR has ruined football

Again, it's ruining nothing. Crap decisions ruin the game. Correct decisions improve it. I've sat through enough cheating, diving, and wrong offside calls on the pitch over the years ruining the game, to want them back.

I have no money in the system. I'm not on a payroll, I haven't been to London since 1995. I don't think Stockley Park existed back then, and I certainly couldn't tell you where it is now, only it's somewhere around there anyway. Wherever it is, I just want the correct  decision in games there and then, by whatever means necessary. Then there will be no more Carvalho days or Ramos nights for us to worry about ever again.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #1133: Apr 13, 2021 10:11:57 pm
      Let them. It doesn't matter what they think. It matters what the refs think. And everyone of them want it. Just seen Neil Jones on Press Box whinge that it's the worst thing he's ever seen in the game in his lifetime. Not racism, not spitting, not cheating, not incompetence, not scandals, not England fans renovating numerous European cities on tour. No, it's VAR that's the worst thing ever.

I guess he was sat there slumped in his armchair last June, when the rest of us were begging VAR to give that penalty that wrapped up the league for us. We didn't want spontaneity, we wanted the correct decision. Once we got it, we could all start celebrating. Well I say all, but maybe not him. He's going to have to get used to it, like the rest of us, or watch something else to make a living. There's no alternative option.

Again, it's ruining nothing. Crap decisions ruin the game. Correct decisions improve it. I've sat through enough cheating, diving, and wrong offside calls on the pitch over the years ruining the game, to want them back.

I have no money in the system. I'm not on a payroll, I haven't been to London since 1995. I don't think Stockley Park existed back then, and I certainly couldn't tell you where it is now, only it's somewhere around there anyway. Wherever it is, I just want the correct  decision in games there and then, by whatever means necessary. Then there will be no more Carvalho days or Ramos nights for us to worry about ever again.

Why will it stop Ramos nights, it's done F**k all to stop assaults on our players this season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1134: Apr 13, 2021 10:18:09 pm
      Why will it stop Ramos nights, it's done f**k all to stop assaults on our players this season.

I sit here unable to comprehend how he can be so miserably lost regarding VAR. That kind of stupidity can only come from an infiltrated Everton fan.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1135: Apr 13, 2021 10:28:51 pm

VAR would of never got involved in the Ramos decision anyway!!

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1136: Apr 13, 2021 10:59:59 pm
      Yes it would. At the very least, the game would not have restarted without the incident being checked and the ref being told what happened. As he didn't see it, nothing could be done. It's not acceptable and it won't be allowed to happen again.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1137: Apr 14, 2021 12:09:45 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1138: Apr 16, 2021 06:05:50 pm
      It's not acceptable and it won't be allowed to happen again.

Hahahahaha yeah alright!!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1139: Apr 16, 2021 08:45:46 pm
      Talk about one mans fight.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1140: Apr 16, 2021 09:02:43 pm
      The FA and the visually impaired/biased officials are making a nonsense of a technical innovation that can eliminate 99% of human error in football; who stands to gain most from
      the discontinuation of VAR??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1141: Apr 24, 2021 07:11:30 pm
      Terrible red card for West Ham. Is there no end to this VAR sh*te.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1142: Apr 24, 2021 08:40:10 pm
      A foot halfway up the back of someone's leg is considered Serious Foul Play, whether it's with VAR at West Ham or without VAR at Wimbledon. It's a leg breaker, and the player was obviously injured. So when the ref saw the incident, he made his decision. You can't get away with that in the league West Ham play in. Too much at stake.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1143: Apr 24, 2021 10:09:38 pm
      A foot halfway up the back of someone's leg is considered Serious Foul Play, whether it's with VAR at West Ham or without VAR at Wimbledon. It's a leg breaker, and the player was obviously injured. So when the ref saw the incident, he made his decision. You can't get away with that in the league West Ham play in. Too much at stake.

Forgive me!! I read your comments on serious foul play the other week with McTominay & Son where McT hair on his arm caught Sons face  :lmao: so it's impossible to take your comments seriously at any level in the future.  :lmao:

Ther was no intent whatsoever, just a natural movement of his follow through.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1144: Apr 25, 2021 02:25:01 pm
      I'm confused yet  again.   :f_doh: Thought we just gave a penalty away there but over turned by VAR.  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1145: Apr 26, 2021 09:38:12 am
      I'm confused yet  again.   :f_doh: Thought we just gave a penalty away there but over turned by VAR.  :lmao:

Na mate, Ali saved it and it rebounded off their lad and went back in..lucky VAR ruled it handball.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1146: Apr 29, 2021 09:17:06 pm
      Now I don't expect any traction here but ref having a nightmare. Harsh penalty, booking Pogba. F***ing w@nker.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1147: Apr 29, 2021 09:27:54 pm
      Now I don't expect any traction here but ref having a nightmare. Harsh penalty, booking Pogba. F***ing w@nker.

Traction?

I’d be more surprised if you thought any of us would be watching it

We aren’t obsessed with you like you are with us  :-*
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1148: Apr 29, 2021 09:34:20 pm
      Traction?

I’d be more surprised if you thought any of us would be watching it

We aren’t obsessed with you like you are with us  :-*

Trust me many of you lot are watching.  ;)
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1149: Apr 29, 2021 09:37:43 pm
      Trust me many of you lot are watching.  ;)

Rather let bees target my bollocks

Quick Reply