Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233438 times
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1173: May 17, 2021 12:52:02 pm
      I've seen when a player blocks keeper goals still given and obviously not, this time was not. Also before you scored, ref gave a free kid instead of a dropped ball.

But yeah I agree it's a bag of sh!t

But in this case the linesman gave offside, var didn't matter

And the first one was right too, no matter what gravy chops says

The rule is now that if the ball strikes the ref its a non contested drop ball and the team in possession is given the ball back

So again the ref got it right and var was nothing to do with it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1174: May 17, 2021 12:56:29 pm

The rule is now that if the ball strikes the ref its a non contested drop ball and the team in possession is given the ball back

Linesmen are mere ornaments these days but it wasn't offside anyway, he was miles onside. I disagree, ref got it wrong but it happens.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1175: May 17, 2021 12:57:11 pm

Except the ball didn't hit the ref, he just blocked Fab a bit. There's nothing in the rules about that. Dean got it wrong, just like he got a lot of other things wrong, like some of the fouls he gave against us. He didn't give a drop ball either, he gave a foul. Matt Phillips did WBA no favours by scooping it right back to Fab that quickly though.

The offside might feel harsh, sure we'd be moaning if it went against us, but by the law it was a correct decision. You can't just stand in front of the keeper in an offside position, the fact the shot ended up in the corner is irrelevant.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1176: May 17, 2021 12:59:26 pm
      He gave offside against the player who was offside right in front of Alisson

And you can disagree if you like but I suggest you go read the rules and then you'll be informed

Ref was right, linesman was right, var didn't change or make those decisions

Doesn't matter what they say in the rules the officials still get it wrong on the pitch.  :lmao:
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1177: May 17, 2021 01:00:17 pm
      Except the ball didn't hit the ref, he just blocked Fab a bit. There's nothing in the rules about that. Dean got it wrong, just like he got a lot of other things wrong, like some of the fouls he gave against us. He didn't give a drop ball either, he gave a foul. Matt Phillips did WBA no favours by scooping it right back to Fab that quickly though.

The offside might feel harsh, sure we'd be moaning if it went against us, but by the law it was a correct decision. You can't just stand in front of the keeper in an offside position, the fact the shot ended up in the corner is irrelevant.

Thought the ball hit the ref? Sorry I'd had a beer  :D

Point being though, in the var thread that var didn't give those decisions
      The ref and linesman did and without var those decions would have been the same as var didn't turn either over

If the ref got the interpretation wrong on the first goal surely the var ref would have told him as its a clear and obvious error ? No?
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2021 01:11:00 pm by L4.19Times »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1178: May 17, 2021 01:31:50 pm
      Can't believe we got a VAR decision for us with a Manc c**t sitting in the seat!

Swings and roundabouts mate - it does even up eventually.
      What a game for that levelling up to benefit us, VAR does take out the majority of human error so nobody could argue with that.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1179: May 17, 2021 01:34:54 pm

Fat Sam talks out of his arse.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1180: May 17, 2021 02:00:41 pm

The ref and linesman did and without var those decions would have been the same as var didn't turn either over

If the ref got the interpretation wrong on the first goal surely the var ref would have told him as its a clear and obvious error ? No?

Just take the rose tinted glasses off and don't blame the beer.  ;D

Your right, if the ref got interpration wrong why didn't VAR intervene ?
      I'll tell you why... LiVARpool  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1181: May 17, 2021 02:10:55 pm
      I've seen when a player blocks keeper goals still given

That has zero to do with the call yesterday which was 100% spot on how the offsides call in front of the keeper should be called.

if you are upset that goals were given in the past at some point because the rule wasn't enforced correctly, go find threads discussing those goals because they have nothing to do with this instance.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1182: May 17, 2021 02:14:17 pm
      That has zero to do with the call yesterday which was 100% spot on how the offsides call in front of the keeper should be called.

if you are upset that goals were given in the past at some point because the rule wasn't enforced correctly, go find threads discussing those goals because they have nothing to do with this instance.

Only upset in the fact sometimes they call it and others they don't. That's VAR.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1183: May 17, 2021 02:15:17 pm

Oh dear, your bubble burst  :lmao: Can't you take banter?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1184: May 18, 2021 12:35:20 am
      Yeah you got a couple your way yesterday, perhaps you lot will stop moaning now.  :f_whistle:

1 and that's about it. Stop talking out yer Manc arse!  :lmao: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1185: May 18, 2021 10:06:24 am

By the by thought Dean's positioning was woeful  in the game, seemed to me he was like a Sunday afternoon stand in for an alehouse game and had a few lagers too many!

Invariably he was in a position that could affect play, either blocking player's line of vision or avoiding the ball, that would lead you to think he was closely monitoring the game when in fact there were so many questionable decisions the opposite is true.

Bad day at the office Mr Dean.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1186: May 18, 2021 10:18:53 am

When are you lot gonna stop moaning about fixtures, injuries, owners, referees, international games, corner flags and the price of eggs?
      Oh and winning F**k all of course .

Yeah you got a couple your way yesterday, perhaps you lot will stop moaning now.  :f_whistle:

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1187: May 18, 2021 10:33:34 am
      For me it was offside and the correct decision. He was standing directly in front of our keeper. That must surely count as interfering with play?

I wonder how many goals in the past would have been given or disallowed. I remember spurs scoring at old Trafford once but nobody notice the ball was about a metre behind the line.
      And for some reason, I think it was 1990 season, I recall Ian rush scoring against sheff Utd where he basically fouls their keeper with his elbow I think. I don’t know what I remember that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1188: May 18, 2021 11:19:05 am
      For me it was offside and the correct decision. He was standing directly in front of our keeper. That must surely count as interfering with play?

There's no real issue about the goal being disallowed Bob, as you rightly say interfering with play was the correct call. It's just that I've seen same thing in couple of matches and the goal stands. Think we all just want consistency which were not not getting.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1189: May 18, 2021 07:36:37 pm
      VAR taking the piss with a possible offside for Fulham..

Dodgy angles.. 🙄
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1190: May 18, 2021 08:04:51 pm
      What a shocking decision to allow the utd goal
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1191: May 18, 2021 08:24:50 pm
      VAR taking the piss with a possible offside for Fulham..

Dodgy angles.. 🙄

Gary Nev shot his load a bit early agreeing it was offside, only to be corrected by his co-commentator!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1192: May 19, 2021 09:12:41 am
      Have to take my hat off to Banford last nite for not diving and trying to keep the integrity of the game honest. In what appeared a stone wall penalty if he'd of gone to the ground VAR give a penalty. However, he succeeds to keep his footing and you'd fully expect VAR to give a penalty yet don't  :f_steam:

VAR just promoting players to dive dive  dive in order to get the penalty. It's impossible to do the right things with these tw@ts running VAR.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1193: May 21, 2021 10:58:11 am
      Quote from bigbob75
      How long did that take for the Newcastle penalty ;D. No where near offside when they keep drawing the lines. If that was against West Brom for example that would have taken 0.28 seconds.

F***ing farcical form of subtle cheating!

It doesn't matter how long it takes. What matters is the correct decision was reached, in the interests of Fair Play.

In the Chelsea.v Leicester game, a clear and obvious handball could have been the difference in who qualifies for the top 4 or not, as in our game v Newcastle. It's frankly unbelievable that in 2021, with all the technology used in the sport (as in everyday life) that people still want cheating like that to stand, with all the massive consequences that result. It's like arguing against using air traffic control imo. You may not always agree with what it tells you but you still need it, to help prevent the massive consequences as a result of not having it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1194: Jun 04, 2021 12:07:51 pm
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1195: Jun 08, 2021 03:59:15 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      Have to take my hat off to Banford last nite for not diving and trying to keep the integrity of the game honest. In what appeared a stone wall penalty if he'd of gone to the ground VAR give a penalty. However, he succeeds to keep his footing and you'd fully expect VAR to give a penalty yet don't  :f_steam:

VAR just promoting players to dive dive  dive in order to get the penalty. It's impossible to do the right things with VAR.

Diving = no contact. If he's fouled, he has every right to go down to get a penalty. He decided he would rather score a goal instead, but all he got was a corner. When Mane and Salah go down for a penalty after being fouled, they get called divers. They're just doing the professional thing to do. It's not diving in any way or form.

VAR doesn't give a penalty anymore. VAR may advise the ref to go and review a challenge in the box, then the video operator in the hub supplies the evidence for the ref to look at pitchside. After that, it's all down to the ref on the field. He is the one who makes those decisions. He has a team on and off the pitch to assist him, (and he will usually go with what he sees on the screen) but he has the authority to ignore them all, if he so wishes.

Quick Reply