Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 237813 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 911 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1219: Oct 31, 2021 06:01:05 pm
      How hasn't the Villa player not been sent off for the forearm smash especially after VAR review unbelievable
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1220: Oct 31, 2021 06:14:55 pm
      How hasn't the Villa player not been sent off for the forearm smash especially after VAR review unbelievable

Looked like a red, obviously down to opinions
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 911 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1221: Oct 31, 2021 09:04:13 pm
      Looked like a red, obviously down to opinions

But I thought VAR was to stop opinions
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1222: Oct 31, 2021 09:49:13 pm
      But I thought VAR was to stop opinions

Not theirs  :lmao: Don't worry Mr clit-bait  ;D will tell us VAR is right coz it's never wrong in his book.  :lmao:
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1223: Dec 05, 2021 10:21:11 pm
      Did anyone see the disallowed goal for Villa today? To me it was a goal, Schmeichel did not have control of the ball when Ramsey hit the ball into the net.

I know what Rule 12 is - taken from FA website - https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

-the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save

-holding the ball in the outstretched open hand

-bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

-A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).

Now what pisses me off is the wording as it open to misinterpretation and change of context.

Schmeichel had his fingers on the ball, not the palm of his glove. Now that to me is not a sign of control of the ball. To be in control of the ball would mean you would have the ability to pick the ball up or roll it back to your body to protect it from an attacker. He did neither. It would not have been possible for him to roll that ball back into his body or arm.

Another thing that pisses me off is that VAR is there to assist the referee, if anything it hinders the referee. Again, due to the wording of the law being open to misinterpretation it just creates more chaos. The VAR official eventually asking that sh*t stain Oliver to have a look at it himself.

Now i have no problem with the law if it is interpreted correctly. Just because your fingers are touching the ball it does not mean you are in control of the ball, that is total and utter bollocks. Schmeichel could not reach out far enough to gather the ball, he could only rest his fingers on the ball, he was unable to roll it back to gather it. Only then would he be deemed to be in control of the ball.

Then some stupid thick c**t on the commentary likened it to Rugby Union!!! How f**king stupid are these cu*ts?

That rule regarding control is regarding the grounding of the ball in the event of a try being scored. You have to have any part of the body from the waist to the neck in contact with the ball with a downward momentum.

https://www.world.rugby/the-game/laws/home

21.1 GROUNDING THE BALL

Law 21.1 b - In-Goal

LAWS OF THE GAME RUGBY UNION 2017 p162

There are two ways a player can ground the ball:

(a) Player touches the ground with the ball. A player grounds the ball by holding the ball and
      touching the ground with it, in in-goal. ‘Holding’ means holding in the hand or hands, or in
      the arm or arms. No downward pressure is required.

(b) Player presses down on the ball. A player grounds the ball when it is on the ground in the
      in-goal and the player presses down on it with a hand or hands, arm or arms, or the front of
      the player’s body from waist to neck inclusive.

Now what the f**k does this have to do with a goalkeeper in football? F**k me, these cu*ts are thick as f**k. Honestly, you are commentating on a football match, know the football rules you stupid cu*ts. The Rugby Rule bears no relevance at all to Rule 12 you fuckwits!

With all due respect to Paul Merson, the bloke is thick as f**k! I mean that with all due respect and that useless c**t David Jones, what a pussy c**t! All he f**king does is talk absolute crap and pretend he knows football. They start these shows so early that after thirty minutes the c**t has run out of stuff to say. Due to the fact he is a pussy he then loads the gun for others to fire, he's a f**king piece of sh*t.

Anyway, to finish my point. In my opinion the definition of 'being in control of the ball' means that the keeper has the ability to gather the ball, throw the ball or kick the ball. If you are unable to do any of them, which Scmeichel wasn't, then how can you be deemed to be in control of the ball?

Just because the ball is between the ground and your finger/s does not determine control of the ball.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1224: Dec 05, 2021 10:37:49 pm
      Did anyone see the disallowed goal for Villa today? To me it was a goal, Schmeichel did not have control of the ball when Ramsey hit the ball into the net.

I know what Rule 12 is - taken from FA website - https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

-the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save

-holding the ball in the outstretched open hand

-bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

-A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).

Now what pisses me off is the wording as it open to misinterpretation and change of context.

Schmeichel had his fingers on the ball, not the palm of his glove. Now that to me is not a sign of control of the ball. To be in control of the ball would mean you would have the ability to pick the ball up or roll it back to your body to protect it from an attacker. He did neither. It would not have been possible for him to roll that ball back into his body or arm.

Another thing that pisses me off is that VAR is there to assist the referee, if anything it hinders the referee. Again, due to the wording of the law being open to misinterpretation it just creates more chaos. The VAR official eventually asking that sh*t stain Oliver to have a look at it himself.

Now i have no problem with the law if it is interpreted correctly. Just because your fingers are touching the ball it does not mean you are in control of the ball, that is total and utter bollocks. Schmeichel could not reach out far enough to gather the ball, he could only rest his fingers on the ball, he was unable to roll it back to gather it. Only then would he be deemed to be in control of the ball.

Then some stupid thick c**t on the commentary likened it to Rugby Union!!! How f**king stupid are these cu*ts?

That rule regarding control is regarding the grounding of the ball in the event of a try being scored. You have to have any part of the body from the waist to the neck in contact with the ball with a downward momentum.

https://www.world.rugby/the-game/laws/home

21.1 GROUNDING THE BALL

Law 21.1 b - In-Goal

LAWS OF THE GAME RUGBY UNION 2017 p162

There are two ways a player can ground the ball:

(a) Player touches the ground with the ball. A player grounds the ball by holding the ball and
      touching the ground with it, in in-goal. ‘Holding’ means holding in the hand or hands, or in
      the arm or arms. No downward pressure is required.

(b) Player presses down on the ball. A player grounds the ball when it is on the ground in the
      in-goal and the player presses down on it with a hand or hands, arm or arms, or the front of
      the player’s body from waist to neck inclusive.

Now what the f**k does this have to do with a goalkeeper in football? F**k me, these cu*ts are thick as f**k. Honestly, you are commentating on a football match, know the football rules you stupid cu*ts. The Rugby Rule bears no relevance at all to Rule 12 you fuckwits!

With all due respect to Paul Merson, the bloke is thick as f**k! I mean that with all due respect and that useless c**t David Jones, what a pussy c**t! All he f**king does is talk absolute crap and pretend he knows football. They start these shows so early that after thirty minutes the c**t has run out of stuff to say. Due to the fact he is a pussy he then loads the gun for others to fire, he's a f**king piece of sh*t.

Anyway, to finish my point. In my opinion the definition of 'being in control of the ball' means that the keeper has the ability to gather the ball, throw the ball or kick the ball. If you are unable to do any of them, which Scmeichel wasn't, then how can you be deemed to be in control of the ball?

Just because the ball is between the ground and your finger/s does not determine control of the ball.

For English refs, rules are merely suggestions...
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1448 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1225: Dec 11, 2021 02:33:56 pm
      Would love to hear VAR's number one fan on here explain that City penalty today...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1226: Dec 11, 2021 02:42:16 pm
      Would love to hear VAR's number one fan on here explain that City penalty today...

It’s simple, he will just agree with VAR  ;D
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1448 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1227: Dec 11, 2021 02:44:49 pm
      It’s simple, he will just agree with VAR  ;D
      I swear the guys got a poster of a VAR monitor on the ceiling above is bed and offline coloured lines instead of skirting boards.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1228: Dec 11, 2021 02:48:24 pm
      I swear the guys got a poster of a VAR monitor on the ceiling above is bed and offline coloured lines instead of skirting boards.

:lmao:
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,164 posts | 509 
      Reply #1229: Dec 11, 2021 03:11:35 pm

With my Red specs on no way a penalty
      Without them on deffo not a penalty.  ;D ;D ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1230: Dec 11, 2021 04:00:57 pm

and if you close your eyes it is still never a penalty f***in John Moss the fat old c**t should not be near a prem game. He had his back to the ball it hit him in the arm pit this is the type of decision that costs manager their Job .The most lucrative league in the world has Refs on the Cheap.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,164 posts | 509 
      Reply #1231: Dec 11, 2021 04:11:27 pm
      and if you close your eyes it is still never a penalty f***in John Moss the fat old c**t should not be near a prem game. He had his back to the ball it hit him in the arm pit this is the type of decision that costs manager their Job .The most lucrative league in the world has Refs on the Cheap.

Walt agree with all that. Worst penalty decision given I have seen in a long while. John Moss should retire along with a few others
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1232: Dec 11, 2021 04:59:50 pm
      Walt agree with all that. Worst penalty decision given I have seen in a long while. John Moss should retire along with a few others

mate I am no lean mean machine these days but he is fat and slow he should not be near a football pitch
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1233: Dec 12, 2021 12:06:38 am

I agree never a penalty and even VAR fcuk up. However, I honestly thought it was a penalty to city at the end of the first half. I’ll never work out how VAR works,  :f_doh:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1234: Dec 13, 2021 01:56:51 pm
      Quote from Norfolk Red

You can't ref a game with any bias at all.

From what I've seen so far, the arm is up, so if the ball hits it the decision is clear. Some angles show it may have hit his arm, it may not, but it's hard to say conclusively that it didn't. In that case, you go with the ref's call on the pitch.

In fairness, it's fairly similiar to the one we got in Madrid, and even with our red hat on, not many of us complained about that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1235: Dec 13, 2021 02:06:05 pm

From what I've seen so far, the arm is up, so if the ball hits it the decision is clear. Some angles show it may have hit his arm, it may not, but it's hard to say conclusively that it didn't. In that case, you go with the ref's call on the pitch.

In fairness, it's fairly similiar to the one we got in Madrid, and even with our red hat on, not many of us complained about that.

you are wrong so many times but at least you are consistent even the SKY ref would not have given a penalty if you cant see that get yourself of to specsavers
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1448 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1236: Dec 13, 2021 02:26:37 pm
      Surely this guy is just pulling our leg now? A referee and VAR fanboy can’t be a thing surely?  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1237: Dec 13, 2021 02:39:16 pm
      Surely this guy is just pulling our leg now? A referee and VAR fanboy can’t be a thing surely?  :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #1238: Dec 15, 2021 10:12:53 am

If the past few years has taught us anything, it's that anything is possible!!
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,164 posts | 509 
      Reply #1239: Dec 15, 2021 01:43:03 pm

Only just seen this post. Whilst I admire your consistency on defending VAR  and in fairness  it probably gets most decisions right, the penalty that City got on Saturday was definitely not one of them.
      I'm sure anyone could see that it hit under his arm so therefore not a pen. Even the ref who writes in the Daily Mail said it was inconclusive so therefore should not of stood.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1240: Dec 15, 2021 03:10:08 pm
      Only just seen this post. Whilst I admire your consistency on defending VAR  and in fairness  it probably gets most decisions right, the penalty that City got on Saturday was definitely not one of them.
      I'm sure anyone could see that it hit under his arm so therefore not a pen. Even the ref who writes in the Daily Mail said it was inconclusive so therefore should not of stood.

100% never a penalty but they should of had one in last min of first half.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1241: Dec 15, 2021 03:13:54 pm
      100% never a penalty but they should of had one in last min of first half.

was a joke eh.

VAR ref and onfield ref clueless.

Quick Reply