Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 238384 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1380: Feb 05, 2022 01:27:02 pm
      Yeah very strange.

As you said the rule was changed so that goals like the one we scored at Spurs last season (where Bobby accidentally handballed it on the halfway line) would be allowed to count, not ones like last night's where the handball lets the attacker control the ball.

Still funny as f**k though!

yup. ref got it totally wrong last night, watch them do another wee tweak to the rule now. ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1381: Feb 06, 2022 12:05:02 pm
      yup. ref got it totally wrong last night, watch them do another wee tweak to the rule now. ;D

Yeah that Danny Murphy did to the biased tw@t. Heard is comments on match today. Many of us have said ( including Liverpool fans ) he’s a bad pundit, that was shown again on MOTD with his comments regards their goal. He said it was a goal.

I’ve heard Danny say in the past in relation to a foul, and I QUOTE! There was no intent, it was accidental a foul but you still have to give a foul because they would of gained an advantage. The same applied with the goal. all though it was accidental a advantage was gained, therefore whistle should of gone for free kick for us.

Dannys a fooking hypocrite as well as a bad pundit.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1382: Feb 06, 2022 12:31:56 pm
      whether he got it wrong last night is a mute point because the next one he will give its so frustrating there is no consistency at all even though they have VAR.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1383: Feb 06, 2022 12:58:58 pm
      Yeah that Danny Murphy did to the biased tw@t. Heard is comments on match today. Many of us have said ( including Liverpool fans ) he’s a bad pundit, that was shown again on MOTD with his comments regards their goal. He said it was a goal.

I’ve heard Danny say in the past in relation to a foul, and I QUOTE! There was no intent, it was accidental a foul but you still have to give a foul because they would of gained an advantage. The same applied with the goal. all though it was accidental a advantage was gained, therefore whistle should of gone for free kick for us.

Dannys a fooking hypocrite as well as a bad pundit.

don't watch MOTD for that very reason.

He is one of worst pundits out there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1384: Feb 06, 2022 03:14:31 pm
      Regarding the decision on Friday night, does ball to hand no longer count in the modern game?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1385: Feb 06, 2022 06:20:18 pm
      Regarding the decision on Friday night, does ball to hand no longer count in the modern game?

Rules changing  that often can’t keep up mate, fook knows
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #1386: Feb 06, 2022 07:28:33 pm

I remember playing footy in school and as a teenager, no matter how blatant the handball it was immediately shouted ‘ball to hand’ and play went on :D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1387: Feb 09, 2022 10:55:54 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      Unfortunately VAR looks like it’s here to stay and common sense no longer exists.

Fortunately it is here to stay. You were told that when it arrived. But you still won't listen.

About the incident you're on about, all the officials did their job. Under the current law the goal stands, end of story. When goals were disallowed for accidental handball for the past two years, you and others bawled for the law to be changed, so IFAB changed it for you, twice. Now they did what you wanted, you want it back the way it was. Unfortunately VAR doesn't work like that. The laws of the game are the same across the world, and the VAR applies the laws as they stand on the day, not the way they used to.
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #1388: Feb 09, 2022 11:13:41 pm
      Fortunately it is here to stay. You were told that when it arrived. But you still won't listen.

About the incident you're on about, all the officials did their job. Under the current law the goal stands, end of story. When goals were disallowed for accidental handball for the past two years, you and others bawled for the law to be changed, so IFAB changed it for you, twice. Now they did what you wanted, you want it back the way it was. Unfortunately VAR doesn't work like that. The laws of the game are the same across the world, and the VAR applies the laws as they stand on the day, not the way they used to.

You’re still feeling done over by the Henry handball aren’t you, that’s what your whole VAR sh*t is about.

Get over it, it was years ago.

And your posting style is boring as F**k, literally incapable of applying common sense to any scenario aren’t you?
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #1389: Feb 09, 2022 11:57:04 pm

My posting style is what it is. Whether it's boring or not is irrelevant to me. Rule No 1 is Never attack other Reds. It's been like that since Day 1 and it's not going to change.

Unless those reds are called Rafa, in which case it’s fair game apparently
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1390: Feb 10, 2022 12:04:23 am
      VAR isn't about common sense. VAR is about applying the rules as they stand, so that  justice is done on the spot.

You don't need to refer to the above incident to see what happens when the rules are not followed and justice isn't done. Just go back and read the Spurs game thread 2 months ago. Or the derby the year before, or the final in Kiev, or if you want to go back to years ago, the league games against Chelsea in the noughties, or even as far back as the Inter game in 65. That's just a small selection of our games, where cheating was rewarded and/or justice wasn't done when it had to be done. We still talk about them, no matter how many years ago it was.

My posting style is what it is. I don't care if it's boring. I care about not attacking other Reds. That's been my policy since Day 1 and it's not going to change.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1391: Feb 10, 2022 09:58:14 am

My posting style is what it is. I don't care if it's boring. I care about not attacking other Reds. That's been my policy since Day 1 and it's not going to change.

You live in cuckoo land ( allegedly) over the water. Reds attacks each other constantly on here in match thread/Covid threads/FSG threads/ current affairs threads etc etc. Some of it banter but most of it real. At the end of the day they still talk to each other yet you spit your dummy out like a snowflake you are.

If you were a genuine scouser you wouldn’t get upset as you easily do  ;) Scousers are very thick skinned from my experience with them. Just like us mancs we can take the piss out of each other and still be friends. Take a lesson out of my book and perhaps you won’t have to keep defending yourself.  ;)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1462 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1392: Feb 10, 2022 02:24:24 pm
      Jesus Christ he’s still pretending to like VAR for attention? Thought he might have got bored of it by now, sad c**t.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1393: Feb 19, 2022 01:49:56 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      You live in cuckoo land ( allegedly) over the water. Reds attacks each other constantly on here in match thread/Covid threads/FSG threads/ current affairs threads etc etc. Some of it banter but most of it real. At the end of the day they still talk to each other yet you spit your dummy out like a snowflake you are.

If you were a genuine scouser you wouldn’t get upset as you easily do  ;) Scousers are very thick skinned from my experience with them. Just like us mancs we can take the piss out of each other and still be friends. Take a lesson out of my book and perhaps you won’t have to keep defending yourself.  ;)

The only manc book I want, is one with no pages in it.

You don't know what a snowflake is. If I was a snowflake, I wouldn't have lasted a week here, let alone over 10 years. If you're not thick skinned, you won't survive. But I'm not here for banter, or to show off how to swear in front of a global audience.

On this thread, I'll separate the facts from the conspiracy theories, and you can either take them or leave them. I know most would prefer the conspiracy theories rather than the facts, but so be it. I'm not going to attack my own side offline, so I'm not going to online either.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1394: Feb 19, 2022 01:57:15 pm

You don't know what a snowflake is. If I was a snowflake, I wouldn't have lasted a week here, let alone over 10 years. If you're not thick skinned, you won't survive. But I'm not here for banter, or to show off how to swear in front of a global audience.

On this thread, I'll separate the facts from the conspiracy theories, and you can either take them or leave them. I know most would prefer the conspiracy theories rather than the facts, but so be it. I'm not going to attack my own side offline, so I'm not going to online either.

U ignore the facts you choose to though , when it suits you .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1395: Feb 19, 2022 05:05:28 pm

On this thread, I'll separate the facts from the conspiracy theories, and you can either take them or leave them.

I choose to ignore it just like the majority on here, that’s even if you are a Liverpool supporter.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1396: Feb 19, 2022 05:06:06 pm
      U ignore the facts you choose to though , when it suits you .

That’s his normal routine Andy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1397: Feb 20, 2022 02:39:23 pm

You're a defo snowflake were VAR is concerned. That's your Kryptonite :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1398: Feb 20, 2022 03:47:37 pm
      I'll separate the facts from the conspiracy theories

But yet you done a whole season of a hypothetical VAR quiz which was in no way, shape or form fact.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1399: Feb 26, 2022 07:14:49 pm
      Utterly biased didn’t even look at the monitor
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1462 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1400: Feb 26, 2022 07:25:01 pm
      Explain today lfc across the water… we are waiting.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      Reply #1401: Feb 26, 2022 07:27:13 pm
      One bunch of biased referees the F***ing lot
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913