Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233382 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1426: Feb 28, 2022 11:59:14 pm
      There are more important things going on in the world atm. Now I can respond.

Quote from Keith Singleton
      Any signs of that lad across the water yet or is he still digesting all the info

I think you've got bigger issues to worry about, such as being completely incapable of beating Hodgson at home these days. So you can do the decent thing and digest on that info for a while.

Quote from tezmac
      Strangely enough the VAR was Kavaghah even stranger heā€™s from  Ashton under Makerfield wich is not far from Manchester. Cheating

I don't watch City games live, so I didn't see the main talking point as it happened. When I saw it the first time, it looked accidental to me. But when you see the replays, it's clearly a rare factual error, so I'm not going to argue with the other posts about it. What I will argue is about where the ref is from.

1. What part of the country he's from is irrelevant.
      2. We have got VAR decisions in our favour on his advice before.
      3. We have Mike Dean reffing our home games now regularly, and I don't hear any objections to it.
      4. The laws of the game apply the same across the world, whether the ref on the day is from Manchester Mansfield Malaysia or Melbourne.

Under the laws of the game, VVD was offside in the cup final. It's a stupid law imo, but that's the law as it stands, and we've seen other goals ruled out because of it recently. When the ref himself saw the incident, he did what the law instructs him to do. Happily, the decision didn't cost us in the end, so it doesn't really matter now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1427: Mar 01, 2022 07:53:49 am

I don't watch City games live, so I didn't see the main talking point as it happened. When I saw it the first time, it looked accidental to me. But when you see the replays, it's clearly a rare factual error, so I'm not going to argue with the other posts about it.

Under the laws of the game, VVD was offside in the cup final. It's a stupid law imo, but that's the law as it stands, and we've seen other goals ruled out because of it recently. When the ref himself saw the incident, he did what the law instructs him to do. Happily, the decision didn't cost us in the end, so it doesn't really matter now.

You donā€™t have to watch match live to see the penalty, itā€™s only on sky sports about 20 times a day to witness it was YET ANOTHER ERROR BY VAR.

So things donā€™t matter now??

I suppose your now going to tell me Josh Taylor beat Jack Catterall on Saturday because thatā€™s what the refereeā€™s said??

Doesnā€™t matter though does it  :f_whistle:
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #1428: Mar 02, 2022 08:11:34 pm
      Ev get an apology...that's ok then, and city laugh up their F***ing sleeves.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1429: Mar 03, 2022 10:42:20 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      You donā€™t have to watch match live to see the penalty, itā€™s only on sky sports about 20 times a day to witness it was YET ANOTHER ERROR BY VAR.

So things donā€™t matter now??

I suppose your now going to tell me Josh Taylor beat Jack Catterall on Saturday because thatā€™s what the refereeā€™s said??

Doesnā€™t matter though does it  :f_whistle:

Sorry, the last part is above my head. I've absolutely no interest at all in watching two men with no shirts on, beat the brains out of each other for 2 hours. (or however long it is) I'm not a violent man and watching violence (disguised as sport) is not my idea of entertainment, so I'm not in a position to comment on it.

What I am prepared to comment on is seeking justice done in football, when it has to be done. As it didn't happen with the handball incident, there was rightly, outrage. The fact that if it was given, then the penalty still had to be actually scored to change the result, is something that has been strangely forgotten about.

As the decision in our game didn't affect the result, it's a footnote of the game rather than the decisive moment. The ref on the pitch did his job when he saw what happened, so I'm not going to moan about it. We just regrouped, restarted the game, and found another way to win the final.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1430: Mar 04, 2022 08:26:28 am
      Sorry, the last part is above my head. I've absolutely no interest at all in watching two men with no shirts on, beat the brains out of each other for 2 hours. (or however long it is) I'm not a violent man and watching violence (disguised as sport) is not my idea of entertainment, so I'm not in a position to comment on it.

What I am prepared to comment on is seeking justice done in football, when it has to be done. As it didn't happen with the handball incident, there was rightly, outrage. The fact that if it was given, then the penalty still had to be actually scored to change the result, is something that has been strangely forgotten about.

As the decision in our game didn't affect the result, it's a footnote of the game rather than the decisive moment. The ref on the pitch did his job when he saw what happened, so I'm not going to moan about it. We just regrouped, restarted the game, and found another way to win the final.

Blarr blarrr blarrrr
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1431: Mar 12, 2022 12:55:13 pm
      Not even a yellow for the obvious red challenge from Brightons keeper today, again, VAR and the refs using it useless.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1432: Mar 12, 2022 02:06:28 pm
      there will not be any comment from the FA their silence is enough incompetent corrupt fuckers
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1433: Mar 12, 2022 04:03:59 pm
      F***ing so biased the off side works well but a little slow but canā€™t be misinterpreted  unlike open play this needs changing its shocking what goes on bin this side of VAR itā€™s to hard for blind officials  who are either so biased or brain dead they are useless
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #1434: Mar 13, 2022 03:16:46 pm
      VAR sh*t AGAIN WHAT THE F**k DO THE OFFICIALS ACTUALLY DO
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1435: Mar 13, 2022 03:18:27 pm
      Take the F***ing piss I recon.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1436: Mar 13, 2022 03:42:00 pm

Watch Rugby!!
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1437: Mar 13, 2022 08:59:39 pm
      Quote from AlwaysTheKop
      Not even a yellow for the obvious red challenge from Brightons keeper today, again, VAR and the refs using it useless.

The VAR was the ref who gave them their penalties against us last season, one of them after he looked at his monitor.

I think refs are most reluctant to send keepers off, as it takes so long for the game to resume. That keeper has already been sent off this season after a VAR review, and he would have gone this time as well if we didn't score, but it doesn't matter now. We scored the goal, we won the game, and Diaz was fine. So we can move on.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #1438: Mar 13, 2022 09:09:09 pm
      The VAR was the ref who gave them their penalties against us last season, one of them after he looked at his monitor.

I think refs are most reluctant to send keepers off, as it takes so long for the game to resume. That keeper has already been sent off this season after a VAR review, and he would have gone this time as well if we didn't score, but it doesn't matter now. We scored the goal, we won the game, and Diaz was fine. So we can move on.

Not the point they are there to officiate WHY DONT THEY DO IT SCUMBAGS
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1439: Mar 13, 2022 09:09:56 pm

so just apply rules as they see fit and when convenient
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1440: Mar 13, 2022 10:52:00 pm
      VAR at this moment, sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1441: Mar 14, 2022 04:40:55 am
      VAR at this moment, sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls.

:lmao:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1442: Mar 14, 2022 07:19:21 am

What a crock of sh*t this is , var is about as much use as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest .
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1443: Mar 14, 2022 11:10:11 am

Thanks for finally admitting that refs do as they see fit, even with VAR.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1444: Mar 15, 2022 02:54:24 pm
      Hasn't really been a success. Needs F***ing off and let referees get back to actually proper reffing games again rather than the part time sh*t they do now and rely on video replays to cover there arse for the rest.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1445: Mar 15, 2022 09:00:00 pm
      Hasn't really been a success. Needs f**king off and let referees get back to actually proper reffing games again rather than the part time sh*t they do now and rely on video replays to cover there arse for the rest.

Trouble with that is HR the Refs in this league are inept and are too old, most of them, but weā€™re stuck with them unfortunately, i canā€™t for the life of me understand why the use of European referees are not utilised, Iā€™m guessing that the PGMOL will have something to do with why they arenā€™t,

There is actually nothing wrong with VAR itself, itā€™s been successful in other sports from Cricket to Rugby U & League & Tennis, we seen how well it worked at the Euroā€™s recently and of course the CL, because it is implemented properly, but obviously the PGMOL have their own agenda regarding VAR and that is becoming blatantly obvious, itā€™s clear to me that referees have adopted a, ā€œif I scratch your back, will you scratch mineā€ mantra, and to hell with fair play and integrity,

Only one solution and that is to remove referees totally from Stockley Park, replace them with independent arbiters sat next to ex-players or managers, those who have actually played the game and know what happens during 95 mins of football, but of course that means using common sense and we canā€™t have that can we ??

Y  N  W  A
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1446: Mar 22, 2022 08:15:50 pm
      Quote from billythered

Trouble with that is HR the Refs in this league are inept and are too old, most of them, but weā€™re stuck with them unfortunately, i canā€™t for the life of me understand why the use of European referees are not utilised, Iā€™m guessing that the PGMOL will have something to do with why they arenā€™t,

There is actually nothing wrong with VAR itself, itā€™s been successful in other sports from Cricket to Rugby U & League & Tennis, we seen how well it worked at the Euroā€™s recently and of course the CL, because it is implemented properly, but obviously the PGMOL have their own agenda regarding VAR and that is becoming blatantly obvious, itā€™s clear to me that referees have adopted a, ā€œif I scratch your back, will you scratch mineā€ mantra, and to hell with fair play and integrity,

Only one solution and that is to remove referees totally from Stockley Park, replace them with independent arbiters sat next to ex-players or managers, those who have actually played the game and know what happens during 95 mins of football, but of course that means using common sense and we canā€™t have that can we ??
                           Y  N  W  A

No we can't replace them, unless they're qualified referees on the list. And as they're not, they won't be seen anywhere near a VAR booth during a game.

Mike Dean reffed both of our games against Brighton this season. He's well into his 50's now, so he can't get anywhere near a UEFA or FIFA list. But I've never known before, a ref declare which team he supports as a career move.

Attwell had a busy weekend. After our game, he went to Leeds to ref a relegation six pointer. Then he used his monitor to overturn a penalty decision.

There's no law in the game that states that common sense is to be used. The rules are applied as they stand at the time, be they good bad or indifferent. The rules can be changed, but VAR is permanent.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1447: Mar 23, 2022 04:26:07 pm
      No we can't replace them, unless they're qualified referees on the list. And as they're not, they won't be seen anywhere near a VAR booth during a game.

Mike Dean reffed both of our games against Brighton this season. He's well into his 50's now, so he can't get anywhere near a UEFA or FIFA list. But I've never known before, a ref declare which team he supports as a career move.

Attwell had a busy weekend. After our game, he went to Leeds to ref a relegation six pointer. Then he used his monitor to overturn a penalty decision.

There's no law in the game that states that common sense is to be used. The rules are applied as they stand at the time, be they good bad or indifferent. The rules can be changed, but VAR is permanent.

Even when it fucks up!!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1448: Apr 10, 2022 05:53:15 pm
      Love you VAR!

Quick Reply