Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233421 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1449: Apr 10, 2022 07:14:20 pm
      why can it check for a penalty but at the same time tell the ref it is a corner
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1450: Apr 10, 2022 07:17:28 pm

Crazy isn’t it, I’ll never get the hang of VAR.  :f_doh:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1451: Apr 10, 2022 08:02:12 pm

Though the same, but it would probably take too long...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1452: Apr 10, 2022 10:47:00 pm

Just about to post this.

The way they use VAR is so stupid at times.

There's should be no reason if they are reviewing that they shouldn't review any error by the ref in that phase of play.

Imagine sitting watching that going " yea it's not a penalty but we'll just ignore the obvious miss of the deflection for a corner".
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1453: Apr 10, 2022 11:08:19 pm
      Just about to post this.

The way they use VAR is so stupid at times.

There's should be no reason if they are reviewing that they shouldn't review any error by the ref in that phase of play.

Imagine sitting watching that going " yea it's not a penalty but we'll just ignore the obvious miss of the deflection for a corner".

I think the answer lies in the people who run football...old corrupt idiots
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1454: Apr 10, 2022 11:14:49 pm
      Crazy isn’t it, I’ll never get the hang of VAR.  :f_doh:

thats because even though you're a Manc you are human ( never thought I would say that) these people lack even the most basic understanding of football
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1455: Apr 10, 2022 11:17:06 pm
      "It's no handball Anthony, but you missed a deflection for a corner"

It's really not that hard.

I'm not for stopping the game for every instance but if they are reviewing, then review any mistake in the whole phase of that review.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1456: Apr 11, 2022 07:23:58 am
      thats because even though you're a Manc you are human ( never thought I would say that) these people lack even the most basic understanding of football

Not all mancs are scum you know Walt  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1457: Apr 11, 2022 09:38:49 am
      Not all mancs are scum you know Walt  ;D

Yes you all are!  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1458: Apr 11, 2022 10:48:29 am

Morning tw@@y   ;D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1459: Apr 13, 2022 12:22:14 pm
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1460: Apr 19, 2022 03:31:32 pm
      Quote from srslfc
      "It's no handball Anthony, but you missed a deflection for a corner"

It's really not that hard.

I'm not for stopping the game for every instance but if they are reviewing, then review any mistake in the whole phase of that review.

Yes it is that hard, in fact it's impossible. Goals, penalties, straight red cards, and mistaken identity are the only criteria for a VAR to step in. Corners are not.

Despite all the nonsense about them before the game, Tierney spotted the City ghost goal when we needed him to. Without VAR, that offside attempt counts, and the quadruple is in the bin. Another reason why I'm grateful we are not relying on human error, to decide which team wins the league anymore.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1461: Apr 19, 2022 11:46:58 pm
      Yes it is that hard, in fact it's impossible. Goals, penalties, straight red cards, and mistaken identity are the only criteria for a VAR to step in. Corners are not.

Despite all the nonsense about them before the game, Tierney spotted the City ghost goal when we needed him to. Without VAR, that offside attempt counts, and the quadruple is in the bin. Another reason why I'm grateful we are not relying on human error, to decide which team wins the league anymore.

You are such a box ticker and I think deliberately miss the point.

‘Yes it is that hard’. The point clearly was why can’t you just mention to the ref that he’s missed it, since the incident is being reviewed anyway.

‘Not that hard’, Christ what an absolute jobsworth you must be, sticking rigidly to the policy no matter what and refusing to apply any common sense to the situation.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1462: Apr 20, 2022 10:25:08 am

‘Yes it is that hard’. The point clearly was why can’t you just mention to the ref that he’s missed it, since the incident is being reviewed anyway.

‘Not that hard’, Christ what an absolute jobsworth you must be, sticking rigidly to the policy no matter what and refusing to apply any common sense to the situation.

He doesn’t know the meaning of common sense.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1463: Apr 24, 2022 01:34:21 pm
      Just watched the Arsenal-United match, some dubious decisions there that none of you lot pointed out.  ;D Waste of time me complaining on here coz your all biased anyway. Must buy some of these rose tints that you all have  :lmao:
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #1464: Apr 24, 2022 02:20:11 pm
      Just watched the Arsenal-United match, some dubious decisions there that none of you lot pointed out.  ;D Waste of time me complaining on here coz your all biased anyway. Must buy some of these rose tints that you all have  :lmao:

You can buy some Keith, but you can only wear them on the Red Cafe.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1465: Apr 24, 2022 02:43:13 pm
      deffo an Arsenal penalty because he stood on his ankle but UTD should have had one too for handball Refs are hiding behind it and its spoilt goal celebrations  we needed better Refs not technology
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1466: Apr 24, 2022 08:13:48 pm

Like?

Letting Bruno take the pen!! :lmao:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1467: Apr 25, 2022 11:48:58 am
      Like?

Letting Bruno take the pen!! :lmao:

Brilliant  :lmao: :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1468: Apr 26, 2022 07:32:21 pm
      Quote from RedWilly

Common sense is not in the rulebook so he can't apply common sense, he can only apply the rules as they're written for him, not the ones he thinks make more sense than the rest.

As it is, a VAR is powerless regarding corner kick decisions, regardless how clear and obvious it looks. I don't think there was any review of it either. There was a check for a penalty. It wasn't a penalty, so that was the end of the check. A review is a ref at his monitor, which didn't happen. When he does that, the final decision is up to him.

Scotland will finally catch up with the world, and bring it in after the World Cup, as 41 clubs of the 42 who voted, see the benefits. So the list of leagues with it continues to expand, and the risk of it being binned off continues to fall.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1469: Jul 30, 2022 06:36:03 pm
      Didn’t look offside in real time. However, with all the rule changes didn’t the keeper have the ball?
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1470: Jul 31, 2022 01:00:51 am
      Didn’t look offside in real time. However, with all the rule changes didn’t the keeper have the ball?

He absolutely did. Can't believe the ref just ignored that. Two hands on the ball and yet the keeper is bundled over and looses the ball.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1471: Jul 31, 2022 01:12:21 am
      Can't find a still image online.. but pause this at the moment when Adrian reaches the ball. Clearly under his control before Foden knocks his arm with his leg causing Adrian to lose possession of the ball.

"held by trapping the ball between one hand and any surface (e.g. the ground, a goalpost, the goalkeeper's body)..."

https://twitter.com/thetoad101/status/1553436607461691394?s=20&t=UrLPiyLCQ3oToM7pueaqdA

Quick Reply