Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233670 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1564: Oct 16, 2022 07:16:46 pm
      forcibly used today against the wishes of Taylor
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1565: Oct 16, 2022 09:16:51 pm
      Noticed Gabriel was given a straight red for retaliation against a shove from the Leeds player. VAR took a look and overturned it.

Nunez was given a straight red for retaliation against a shove.. it stood. It should have stood, but so too should the Gabriel red. More and more inconsistencies. The overturned Leeds goal was also extremely soft.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1566: Oct 16, 2022 09:32:40 pm
      would it be so wrong for someone from VAR to have said to Taylor that was a save award a corner as he was the only one who decided not to see it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1567: Oct 21, 2022 12:11:06 am
      So nothing on VAR, also watched the LFCTV review show of our match with City and not even highlighted or raised an issue anywere, was the fact that after that Rat pulled down Mo, they both got up remonstrating and that little rat, clearly kicks out at Mo, then tries a back elbow swipe that missed!!!

NO F***ing MENTION OF IT ANYWHERE!!!!

That c**t Rat Bernardo Silva needs to be F***ing shot with his own sh*t!! Can't stand the c**t!!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1568: Oct 21, 2022 11:53:28 pm
      Quote from Longy-Shops
      Do you know the phrase "Anchoring bias psychology affects decision making"  An anchoring bias is a faulty heuristic which occurs in decision making.
      People (in this case VAR officials) make inaccurate final estimates (judgements) due to unconsciously applying greater value to the initial/earlier, or original judgement. Basically it's a natural function of the brain (The primacy effect) that we rely too heavily on pre-existing information (in this example the ref's initial call is the anchor) The reasons why we adopt these heuristics is both complicated and simple. A subjective decision is determined by multiple factors, referred to scientifically as noise.
      Since VAR operators are human, these unconscious bias decisions will continue as all humans are subject to noise.
      Up the Reds

Whatever any of that is supposed to mean is irrelevant. The referees at this level are impartial and professional, and take every case on it's merits. All a VAR can do is tell him to look at a monitor. That's not bias, that's his job.

When I saw the penalty claim at the last away game, I thought it was going to be given which it was. And if it was the other way around, we would be baying for it to be given and holding the ref responsible if he didn't. In law, that is a penalty, so even though I hate the decision I can't argue with it. And just to prove again that he isn't biased, the same VAR was on call against City, and we needed it to see justice done again. When it's used the way it should be used, it's a lifesaver.

Of more concern from our perspective, is we've conceded 3 penalties this season after going a year and a half without them. Add in the two at Napoli and that's 5 in all competitions already.

Quote from DanMann
      Noticed Gabriel was given a straight red for retaliation against a shove from the Leeds player. VAR took a look and overturned it.

Nunez was given a straight red for retaliation against a shove.. it stood. It should have stood, but so too should the Gabriel red. More and more inconsistencies. The overturned Leeds goal was also extremely soft.

The Nunez case was clearcut. The incident above was not the same so the ref dealt with it differently.

As was explained here in detail after the last case 6 months ago, a VAR cannot intervene in corner kick decisions. That is one rule that has never changed.

The SPL is now elevated to the status of an elite league, now the VAR has been introduced. It's not going away from there either.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #1569: Oct 22, 2022 12:26:25 am
      Whatever any of that is supposed to mean is irrelevant. The referees at this level are impartial and professional, and take every case on it's merits. All a VAR can do is tell him to look at a monitor. That's not bias, that's his job.

When I saw the penalty claim at the last away game, I thought it was going to be given which it was. And if it was the other way around, we would be baying for it to be given and holding the ref responsible if he didn't. In law, that is a penalty, so even though I hate the decision I can't argue with it. And just to prove again that he isn't biased, the same VAR was on call against City, and we needed it to see justice done again. When it's used the way it should be used, it's a lifesaver.

Of more concern from our perspective, is we've conceded 3 penalties this season after going a year and a half without them. Add in the two at Napoli and that's 5 in all competitions already.

The Nunez case was clearcut. The incident above was not the same so the ref dealt with it differently.

As was explained here in detail after the last case 6 months ago, a VAR cannot intervene in corner kick decisions. That is one rule that has never changed.

The SPL is now elevated to the status of an elite league, now the VAR has been introduced. It's not going away from there either.

I don't think you can prove someone (a ref, or a VAR operator) isn't biased, you can't disprove a negative. It is however possible to prove someone is biased. In this case You. You have adopted a view and have no interest in having it scrutinised or challenged. ALL humans, like you, are subject to bias. It is an evidentially proven fact. I have no problem with you liking the VAR system, it is well intentioned, but You really need to accept the flaws of human thought processes which undermine it.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #1570: Oct 22, 2022 09:44:02 am
      Douglas Luiz overturned Red even though Var and then ref said was red . Shambles
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1571: Oct 22, 2022 03:43:19 pm
      Not a penalty for me, Silva defo left his leg there.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1572: Oct 24, 2022 08:48:35 pm
      VAR fu**ed up again at West Ham they are sh*te
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #1573: Oct 24, 2022 09:52:20 pm
      Another F**k up number 2 of the game utter sh*t
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1574: Oct 24, 2022 09:58:23 pm
      defenders will need to have their arms taped to their sides I thought it hit in the face Mike Dean say no more
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #1575: Oct 26, 2022 11:03:41 pm
      Hate Tottenham....Hate VAR...but that goal looked for all the world OK to me
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1576: Oct 27, 2022 10:13:34 am
      what is the point of Technology if its left to humans to make the decision. If the Technology cant make the call what point is it as its down to interpretation . It needs to go last night 4 mins at the end of a tense game their could have been a riot.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #1577: Oct 27, 2022 10:42:02 am
      Hate Tottenham....Hate VAR...but that goal looked for all the world OK to me

By the rules it’s offside

https://twitter.com/dalejohnsonespn/status/1585377538968530945?s=46&t=1imaTZBxklKBJOPm2Ye89w
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #1578: Oct 27, 2022 12:33:22 pm
      You couldn't say it was a clear and obvious error for VAR to over rule it. I hope Spurs get eliminated, but we'd be spitting feathers if we scored a last minute goal that was overturned like that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1579: Oct 27, 2022 01:18:49 pm
      You couldn't say it was a clear and obvious error for VAR to over rule it. I hope Spurs get eliminated, but we'd be spitting feathers if we scored a last minute goal that was overturned like that.

if there is any doubt it should be left to the Ref. There is also the problem of Crowds really reacting badly to such a contentious decision that takes 4 mins to achieve. Put a time limit of 1 minute to make a decision any longer than that it isnt clear and obvious. F**k it off completely its killing a vital element of the game for Fans
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1580: Oct 27, 2022 03:10:52 pm
      That farcical decision from VAR last night epitomised why ( in football at least ) they get it so wrong !!

Now I’m going to rant & rave over rules/laws because they themselves become irrelevant when you factor in the whole reason for playing the game in the first place….to score goals….and VAR takes the very essence of that away…..and of course the exciting & entertainment for those who pay to be entertained….

Apparently Kane’s knee-cap got in the way( a extremely important part of your leg ) let me just add at this point, of scoring  the winning goal, ….of course VAR will tell us he (Kane) was offside and allowing the goal would be unfair to Sporting, but I’m guessing if it happened up the other end Sporting would want the goal to stand, and that is why VAR will never give a correct decision on scenario’s such as last night’s, WHY ?….

Because those in the VAR box have never played the game and/so don’t understand the emotions involved for the 22 combatants on the field, they just don’t get, never have, never will, and until a ex - professional player and a good quality football manager are sat next to a Referee and a totally independent VAR representative in that VAR box, absolutely F**k all will change….the very fact it took VAR so long to make that pathetic decision tells you that it WAS a goal, but spineless VAR robbed Spuds, their fans and everyone else watching of the very essence the game was invented for,  f***in Idiots killing  the game we all love !!!

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #1581: Nov 05, 2022 08:14:38 pm
      I'm excited for the automated or semi-automated offside technology to finally be introduced. I'm watching the Ac Milan v Spezia game and it took VAR a grand total of 5 minutes to confirm the goal was not offside.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1582: Nov 20, 2022 04:11:43 pm
      Corruption at its finest today with VAR at the World Cup.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #1583: Nov 21, 2022 03:52:56 pm
      VAR now F***ing up at the World Cup, Maguire pulled to the floor no pen slight pull on the Iranian player, peno, keep the off side get rid off the rest
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1584: Nov 21, 2022 03:56:19 pm
      VAR now f**king up at the World Cup, Maguire pulled to the floor no pen slight pull on the Iranian player, peno, keep the off side get rid off the rest

Absolutely  crazy goings on.  :f_doh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1585: Nov 23, 2022 05:50:55 am
      VAR during Qatar and Saudi Arabian games.  :lmao:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458