Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Fans vote for or against VAR

VAR

Read 233748 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: VAR
      Reply #1679: May 14, 2023 09:09:39 pm

He purposely left his legs there to fall over keeper. He’s in for some stick of you lot if he comes to United. 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1680: May 15, 2023 07:40:57 pm
      Audio VAR on sky sports tonite very interesting. 🧐🧐🧐
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 667 
      Reply #1681: May 16, 2023 10:14:55 pm
      Webb says releasing VAR audio is a small step forward. My opinion: Getting rid of it full-stop would be a big step forward.
      Cue predictable response from you know who!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1682: May 16, 2023 10:30:35 pm
      Webb says releasing VAR audio is a small step forward. My opinion: Getting rid of it full-stop would be a big step forward.
      Cue predictable response from you know who!

You have a point but least we can hear them making the mistakes   :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #1683: May 19, 2023 11:59:25 pm
      Quote from andylfcynwa
      VAR was brought in to rid the game of bad errors , it can’t pick and choose which handball to look at it’s either all or Fck all , your either using Var to rid the game of them errors or your not can’t have it both ways , a blatant penno not given and you still say it’s working

Every handball is looked at. Every incident is looked at. When the VAR has different evidence to what the ref says he saw on the pitch, he sends him to the monitor to review it. The VAR is there to assist him, (basically a 4th official with a screen) not re ref the game for him.

Quote from Longy-Shops

No it wouldn't be, the VAR quiz would replace it. And nobody wants that back, me included.

What has certainly happened is that without VAR use on several occasions this season, we would not have won the Charity Shield, and we would now be staring down at Conference football for next season and as a consequence, senior staff/players queueing up to flee the club. But at least you would be thrilled to have no VAR in the ECL group stage, bringing back the dark days of wrong offside calls and divers back into the game to "win" their penalties, rather than earn them.

I found it amusing when the "I can't celebrate goals anymore" whinge was dragged up again elsewhere during the week. These are the same fans who celebrate their teams getting penalties, even though 1 in every 5 penalties is missed. Some of them don't even bother to look. What's the point? Do they not look at corners or free kicks around the box either? ???
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1684: May 22, 2023 08:23:24 pm
      Another definite red in the Newcastle vs Leicester game not given... getting stupid now.
      KeepTheFaith75
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #1685: May 22, 2023 08:28:33 pm
      There should be a huge push for the VAR discussion to be available live next year to see what their logic is in reaching some of these decisions.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 1195 
      Reply #1686: May 26, 2023 12:09:37 am
      Every handball is looked at. Every incident is looked at. When the VAR has different evidence to what the ref says he saw on the pitch, he sends him to the monitor to review it. The VAR is there to assist him, (basically a 4th official with a screen) not re ref the game for him.

No it wouldn't be, the VAR quiz would replace it. And nobody wants that back, me included.

What has certainly happened is that without VAR use on several occasions this season, we would not have won the Charity Shield, and we would now be staring down at Conference football for next season and as a consequence, senior staff/players queueing up to flee the club. But at least you would be thrilled to have no VAR in the ECL group stage, bringing back the dark days of wrong offside calls and divers back into the game to "win" their penalties, rather than earn them.

I found it amusing when the "I can't celebrate goals anymore" whinge was dragged up again elsewhere during the week. These are the same fans who celebrate their teams getting penalties, even though 1 in every 5 penalties is missed. Some of them don't even bother to look. What's the point? Do they not look at corners or free kicks around the box either? ???

Knobhead?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1687: May 26, 2023 05:19:37 pm

sometimes less is more.  ;D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #1688: Jun 19, 2023 11:59:39 pm
      Quote from KeepTheFaith75
      There should be a huge push for the VAR discussion to be available live next year to see what their logic is in reaching some of these decisions.

You're not going to get it live, and it wouldn't help much anyway. Live audio is really designed for tv, not for 30k people in a stadium bawling that it's not football anymore, even though it has been since August 2019.

There will be live audio of the ref announcing his decision after using the monitor, in the next year or two, as will be demonstrated at the WWC. That's as far as it will go for now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1689: Aug 13, 2023 05:50:44 pm
      I never get these var decisions right anymore, thought it was a penalty? Have the rules changed again?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1690: Aug 13, 2023 09:07:28 pm
      Incoming….. him across the water on his rounds.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1691: Aug 14, 2023 05:06:58 am
      I never get these var decisions right anymore, thought it was a penalty? Have the rules changed again?

Who F***ing knows.

Blatant for me!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1692: Aug 14, 2023 03:12:09 pm
      Lesser handball given in the Brighton, definitely a mission against Liverpool
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1693: Aug 14, 2023 03:31:52 pm
      Lesser handball given in the Brighton, definitely a mission against Liverpool

Was unbelievable, never handball but then I’m always wrong with VAR now    :lmao:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1694: Aug 14, 2023 09:57:01 pm
      Usual VAR in favour of the Mac sh*te
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1695: Aug 14, 2023 09:59:03 pm
      So corrupt clear penalty denied for Wolves.

Utd are so sh*te been battered.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #1696: Aug 14, 2023 10:05:37 pm
      It's 2023 and United still have refs in their pocket.

Love to know the rationale behind that decision.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1697: Aug 14, 2023 10:14:45 pm
      You can tell Webbs in charge.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 667 
      Reply #1698: Aug 14, 2023 10:24:47 pm
      It's 2023 and United still have refs in their pocket.

Love to know the rationale behind that decision.
      The so called bigger clubs often get a favourable decision, especially at home....especially late in the game. The referee is subject to all kinds of subconscious bias...the crowd for example. So why not turn it over in VAR?...same, fear of overriding the on field ref....Basically it's easier to bottle it and pretend it didn't happen. Easier for officials to ignore protests from Wolves than Utd.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,670 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1699: Aug 15, 2023 06:36:01 am
      😂 Come on you lot! Wasn’t that bad, was it? 😂

Let’s not forget you lot were one of the biggest benefits of VAR last year, shall we talk about that? 

Truth be known I struggle to call the so called correction decision anymore. Wolves could have had a penalty to be fair, under the old rules that is. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1700: Aug 15, 2023 08:51:28 am
      Penalty all day long Keith , they’ve even had an apology for it not that that’s any fckin use to them , same var official that good stood down last season and still fckin up , any other line of work and the useless c**t would be sacked for incompetence
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,097 posts | 1637 
      Reply #1701: Aug 15, 2023 11:10:03 am
      😂 Come on you lot! Wasn’t that bad, was it? 😂

Let’s not forget you lot were one of the biggest benefits of VAR last year, shall we talk about that? 

Truth be known I struggle to call the so called correction decision anymore. Wolves could have had a penalty to be fair, under the old rules that is. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Think the fact both officials pulled from weekend show it was a penalty.  What have old rules got to to with Physical assault.  What is you say Keith about Rose tinted

Quick Reply