Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool V West Ham (24/02/18 - 3pm)

Read 8626 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V West Ham (24/02/18 - 3pm)
      Reply #23: Feb 20, 2018 12:02:09 pm
      Karius

TAA
      Lovren
      VVD
      Robertson

Can
      Hendo
      Ox

Mane
      Bobby
      Momo

Yeah...a dose of Mo,Bob and Ma should do the trick..
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #24: Feb 20, 2018 12:11:15 pm
      Karius

TAA
      Lovren
      VVD
      Robertson

Can
      Hendo
      Ox

Mane
      Bobby
      Momo

As per OP  ;) xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25: Feb 20, 2018 02:40:14 pm
      I'm a university student doing a research project on Liverpool football supporters! Please help me by filling in the short survey in the link! Thanks very much.
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScqRZlD9SSa2uGCnalX86vZ-elLPb69p7j578sJ7xgXoOUywA/viewform?usp=sf_link …

Done :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #26: Feb 20, 2018 03:06:36 pm
      Coming to get you Gollum.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: Feb 20, 2018 04:08:46 pm
      I'm a university student doing a research project on Liverpool football supporters! Please help me by filling in the short survey in the link! Thanks very much.
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScqRZlD9SSa2uGCnalX86vZ-elLPb69p7j578sJ7xgXoOUywA/viewform?usp=sf_link …

Done mate 👍
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #28: Feb 20, 2018 04:35:13 pm
      West Ham are an ok'ish team at the moment but we should be more than capable of beating them at home. They aren't overly defensive, I think, and that should allow us to attack them.

I think you'll be in for a shock come Saturday.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29: Feb 20, 2018 04:35:59 pm
      I noticed last couple of seasons, Sky and BT have been showing the lesser teams more often. On Saturday, we are the only big team to play, yet they are showing the Leicester vs Stoke and Watford vs Everton matches... makes sense.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #30: Feb 20, 2018 04:39:44 pm

No,ya posted the same thing in half a dozen different threads,go do you own homework... xxxxx:action-smiley-065:.And get off my lawn,damn kids!  :police:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31: Feb 20, 2018 04:58:02 pm
      xxxxx:action-smiley-065:.And get off my lawn,damn kids!  :police:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Feb 20, 2018 05:01:46 pm
      Think we will by three or four on Saturday, Bobby, Salah and Mane with the goals.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: Feb 21, 2018 12:34:59 pm
      These boards need a match to be played. So quiet around here.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #34: Feb 21, 2018 01:11:45 pm
      Winning this game will put down a real marker to the other teams. I know it's 'only' West Ham at home, but it sends us ahead of each one of our rivals and puts pressure on the rest.

A win puts us ahead of United who will have to revert from type and come out and attack Chelsea to make sure they get the win to go back into 2nd, even after playing away midweek. They will know they have to win as they will have seen us beat West Ham the day before. This in turn also helps us as Chelsea pick up 0 points.

A win puts keeps us ahead of Chelsea. They will know they have to win as they will have seen us beat West Ham the day before. They have to go to Old Trafford, after playing Barca midweek and get a win to make up the deficit that we created a day earlier.

A win puts keeps us ahead of Spurs. They will know they have to win as they will have seen us beat West Ham 2 days before and have to make up the ground again. They have a London derby, albeit against Palace, but Palace are capable of getting shock results now and again. They have the pressure thought of knowing that they have to win to keep pace with Liverpool, and also the 2 teams that played on Sunday also.

This could be a season defining weekend. It's up to the players to go out there and win it. Win it knowing that West Ham will come to play for a point like Everton, West Brom et all have done. We have to be at our attacking best Saturday. Anything other than a win is a disaster.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #35: Feb 21, 2018 01:30:27 pm
      Winning this game will put down a real marker to the other teams. I know it's 'only' West Ham at home, but it sends us ahead of each one of our rivals and puts pressure on the rest.

A win puts us ahead of United who will have to revert from type and come out and attack Chelsea to make sure they get the win to go back into 2nd, even after playing away midweek. They will know they have to win as they will have seen us beat West Ham the day before. This in turn also helps us as Chelsea pick up 0 points.

A win puts keeps us ahead of Chelsea. They will know they have to win as they will have seen us beat West Ham the day before. They have to go to Old Trafford, after playing Barca midweek and get a win to make up the deficit that we created a day earlier.

A win puts keeps us ahead of Spurs. They will know they have to win as they will have seen us beat West Ham 2 days before and have to make up the ground again. They have a London derby, albeit against Palace, but Palace are capable of getting shock results now and again. They have the pressure thought of knowing that they have to win to keep pace with Liverpool, and also the 2 teams that played on Sunday also.

This could be a season defining weekend. It's up to the players to go out there and win it. Win it knowing that West Ham will come to play for a point like Everton, West Brom et all have done. We have to be at our attacking best Saturday. Anything other than a win is a disaster.

Hyperbole like that last sentence undermines an otherwise thoroughly sensible post.

You’re confusing how much much you WANT a win with the impact. IF we don’t win it will be a setback, even a missed opportunity, but it wouldn’t be a disaster.

Our form is as good as City’s in the last couple of months and clear if the rest so we are in good shape to press on regardless.

I’m very confident we will win by the way :)
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #36: Feb 21, 2018 02:20:43 pm
      Hyperbole like that last sentence undermines an otherwise thoroughly sensible post.

You’re confusing how much much you WANT a win with the impact. IF we don’t win it will be a setback, even a missed opportunity, but it wouldn’t be a disaster.

Our form is as good as City’s in the last couple of months and clear if the rest so we are in good shape to press on regardless.

I’m very confident we will win by the way :)

My biggest concern is our "focus" after the 10 day break.  We typically struggle when coming back from international breaks.  Hopefully Jürgen has the lads in the right mindset and raring to go from the opening kickoff. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #37: Feb 21, 2018 09:51:20 pm
      I'd be very VERY wary of this game - not in results terms but in what Moyes has directed his previous sides to play like at Anfield in the past. Dirty, potentially career ending fouls galore have come from his teams at Anfield. Indeed, the last time he came to Anfield with Sunderland one of his players (Ibrahim Ndong) recklessly going in on Coutinho which saw Phil stretchered off.

The man's a c**t and he'll tell his teams to go out and hurt us. Don't be surprised to see Salah, Firmino and Mane on the end of some pretty atrocious challenges.
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2018 02:09:47 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38: Feb 21, 2018 10:26:05 pm
      I'd be very VERY weary of this game - not in results terms but in what Moyes has directed his previous sides to play like at Anfield in the past. Dirty, potentially career ending fouls galore have come from his teams at Anfield. Indeed, the last time he came to Anfield with Sunderland one of his players (Ibrahim Ndong) recklessly going in on Coutinho which saw Phil stretchered off.

The man's a c**t and he'll tell his teams to go out and hurt us. Don't be surprised to see Salah, Firmino and Mane on the end of some pretty atrocious challenges.
      We will win this one I think. I get what you mean about player concern.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #39: Feb 22, 2018 03:08:42 pm
      My biggest concern is our "focus" after the 10 day break.  We typically struggle when coming back from international breaks.  Hopefully Jürgen has the lads in the right mindset and raring to go from the opening kickoff. 

This is my real concern too. I don't want to go into the match thinking we have won it (as it seems most of you seem to think). We could end up with Swansea type result.

My other concern is that we are *not* used to playing at 3pm on Staturdays. Will the guys be ready for it.

I am going for 2-1 to redmen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #40: Feb 22, 2018 03:10:48 pm
      Just hope the Redmen go out and tw*t this cockney sh*te.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41: Feb 22, 2018 03:13:25 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #42: Feb 22, 2018 05:53:05 pm
      It is not a valid concern, West Ham had an even longer break. There has been no international break either.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #43: Feb 22, 2018 05:53:36 pm
      This is my real concern too. I don't want to go into the match thinking we have won it (as it seems most of you seem to think). We could end up with Swansea type result.

My other concern is that we are *not* used to playing at 3pm on Staturdays. Will the guys be ready for it.

I am going for 2-1 to redmen.
      Not a valid concern, we do better at 3pm than any other kick off time statistically.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #44: Feb 22, 2018 05:56:19 pm
      West Ham are an ok'ish team at the moment but we should be more than capable of beating them at home. They aren't overly defensive, I think, and that should allow us to attack them.
      whilst I agree with the notion they aren't usually overly defensive, most teams comes to anfield and park the bus. If they were playing another team that is lower they would probably not do that, but teams come to anfield and play for a draw.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #45: Feb 22, 2018 07:47:11 pm
      Need to keep an eye on Arnautović and Lanzini.

Yea, Marko has had a new lease of life further forward. Looks dangerous for a change, WH missed him when he was injured recently.

Quick Reply