Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Newcastle (03/03/18 - 17:30)

Read 9421 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Newcastle (03/03/18 - 17:30)
      Reply #23: Feb 27, 2018 12:26:47 pm

Can't see a game stat for Rafa v Klopp teams.. Unless you would be kind enough to post it..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24: Feb 27, 2018 12:44:42 pm
      Our forwards should have enough go see of this Benitez team, our defenders shouldn't be troubled either, think Rafa will set up for a draw...

Going for a 3-0 win here..

Anyone has stats for Rafa v Klopp....?

Think it's two draws so far!!

Can't think of many other games when they've faced each other.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25: Feb 27, 2018 12:56:46 pm
      Think it's two draws so far!!

Can't think of many other games when they've faced each other.

We lost 5-0 against Klopp's Mainz under Rafa & Klopp I think lost to Napoli with Dortmund in the CL...it's what I'm trying to establish...how they have done against each other with different clubs..

Think it's done now ...I think ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26: Feb 27, 2018 12:59:48 pm
      We lost 5-0 against Mainz & Klopp I think lost to Napoli with Dortmund in the CL...it's what I'm trying to establish...how they have done against each other with different clubs..

Think it's dine now ...I think ;D

Show's how much friendlies stick in my head at times, completely forgot about that Mainz friendly!!

It's still not many games against each other.

We should beat Newcastle on Saturday with the front three on fire at the moment.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #27: Feb 27, 2018 03:01:33 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Another must win so to keep Utd on their toes. We need to press from the 1st second.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #28: Feb 27, 2018 03:36:14 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Another must win so to keep Utd on their toes. We need to press from the 1st second.

Interesting no VVD... is he injured or you think he needs a rest?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #29: Feb 27, 2018 04:15:54 pm
      Interesting no VVD... is he injured or you think he needs a rest?

That's a lapses ;D. I would play VVD instead of Matip.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #30: Feb 27, 2018 06:56:09 pm
      Think someone's playing silly buggers with VVD. That isn't the official line up is it. That won't be announced until prior to the match. Why are people getting irate because he's not been included. Likely been suggested he takes a rest.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Feb 27, 2018 09:18:23 pm
      Yeah, and 2-2 is not a win 😳

JD, please feel free to ban me for stupidity.

Shouldn’t post before a coffee. Christ, I’m dumb :D
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #32: Feb 27, 2018 11:12:02 pm
      Looking(Hoping) for a route here 5-0, 6-0, 7-0 maybe...

Would like to see VVD, and Lovren his been a much improved player since the arrival of VVD, would like to see them play a bit more together as (IMO) they will be the starters of choice in the CL games
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #33: Feb 28, 2018 01:02:29 am
      I'm suprised no one's gone for 4-3! me? I've gone 3-1, a 3-30am kick off for me this one :(
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #34: Feb 28, 2018 08:43:31 am
      They did a job on United but realistically still gave away big chances that United just missed and that was at St. James.

I feared the West Ham game and we could easily have gone 1 down so room for complacency here either.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #35: Feb 28, 2018 11:10:46 am
      Just need to win, any way, any how
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Feb 28, 2018 11:52:35 am
      Will Klopp leave Hendo on the bench again,if so does that mean Hendo is now veiwed as a player selected when we need to be defensively disciplined. As was the Case V Porto away. Many on here say he is overly cautious, not direct enough.

I mean, as it happened we battered Porto but we needed Hendo to hold it together. How will that effect Hendo longterm if he is only used in tough away games either in the League or in the remainder of the Euro campaign.

Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Feb 28, 2018 12:05:19 pm
      Looking(Hoping) for a route here 5-0, 6-0, 7-0 maybe...

Would like to see VVD, and Lovren his been a much improved player since the arrival of VVD, would like to see them play a bit more together as (IMO) they will be the starters of choice in the CL games

Could be but I think he will pull Salah & Firmino at 3-0 and rest them for the Porto home leg. Could end up being a dog of a game and have to grind out a 1-0. Rafa will try to stiffle us, and try and nick a goal. If we undo them early we will run out easy but don't rule out a Rafa defensive shut out.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #38: Feb 28, 2018 12:14:08 pm
      There is fluidity between the midfield and front 3. Keep the same line up. Probably, Rafa will probably park the bus and stifle our attack. I expect us to win this game but that requires hard work. In any shape or form, lets just win the game and continue to pile the pressure on MU.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39: Feb 28, 2018 03:19:50 pm
      Could be but I think he will pull Salah & Firmino at 3-0 and rest them for the Porto home leg. Could end up being a dog of a game and have to grind out a 1-0. Rafa will try to stiffle us, and try and nick a goal. If we undo them early we will run out easy but don't rule out a Rafa defensive shut out.

Is this the same Defensive shut out as demonstrated against Bournemouth last weekend when they were 2-0 up??
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #40: Feb 28, 2018 03:29:23 pm
      Think these will be better defensively that West Ham for sure, and better disciplined. Rafa knows how to set up a team well at the back, especially with poorer quality players. We saw that here for ourselves.

I think they will sit deep and expect us to break us down, so I think players like Henderson & Lallana are needed. Henderson for his repeated recycling of possession ability. Keep them working from side to side, wear down Newcastle. Keep finding Firmino in space and creating the space. While not using the space yet, we will eventually and keep the Newcastle defence working, don't let them assume we are going to go wide all the time. Tire them out, keep probing and keeping the ball. Beat them mentally and physically and then strike. Lallana is great at his quick corner turns and can create space and diagonal runs and these will be needed here. I thought that the West Ham game was a game where we needed a goal from a late midfield run and I think this may apply here too. Newcastle (like West Ham) will be so pre-occupied with our front 3, it could be a game for the middle 3 to step up and get us on the scoresheet.

Once we go 1-0, they will come out 5 yards and that will give Salah, Mane some more space in behind. Then we can play quick and fast and break and score more (hopefully :))

I'd take the 1-0 now in a heartbeat - back above all teams bar City and there for at least a day. Don't forget that Spurs play before us Saturday and can go ahead of us if they beat Huddersfield at home. This weekend serves as a 'functional' win in my eyes - let the big scoring games come later on.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #41: Feb 28, 2018 03:58:24 pm
      Rafa, when in the opposite dugout, has long been a bogey manager for us. Pretty much heralded the decline of his predecessor Houllier when he more or less knocked us out of Europe with his Valencia team back in 2002. It certainly won't be easy - as expected with a Rafa side they are well organised and got a lot to fight for down near the bottom there. Rarely do his sides get beat handsomely.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42: Feb 28, 2018 06:27:03 pm
      F**k me have any of you guys actually watched Newcastle this season, all this talk of parking the bus is utter nonsense, Newcastle quite simply do not have a bus to park, irrespective of how much of a genius Rafa is, which btw is a stange term for someone who's side is perilously close to relegation.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #43: Feb 28, 2018 06:51:22 pm
      Love Rafa, he's the only manager I'd like to come back if Jürgen ever decided to leave, but sentiment goes out the window in football so i would love it if we absolutely battered 'Toon' from pillar to post on Saturday,

I think Rafa will steer his side to safety but honestly can't see him being there next season, anyhoo, not our concern i want us to be totally ruthless and treat this game as if it were against a top rival,

I'd keep the same X1 as of WHU with the exception of swopping Matip for Lovren,

The barcodes have done well recently but n all honesty they are proper up against it this time, and despite all Rafa's ingenuity and guile i think even he will concede they are up sh*t creek with no sign of any paddles and a massive hole in their boat,

Karius
           Trent Lovren Van Dijk Robertson
                     Ox      Jimmy       Can
                   Salah    Firmino    Mane

Bench:   Ward, Gomez, Henderson, Gini, Lallana, Matip, Ings

4-0  MIGHTY  REDMEN  (at least)

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #44: Feb 28, 2018 07:04:20 pm
      Should be cold enough that we don't have to put up with camera shots of fat middle aged blokes with their beer belly's hanging over their jeans at least. Always a plus to this sort of weather!

They are a odd side with the ability to put in decent performances and conversely utter sh*te.

No doubt they will try and keep it tight and hope to catch us on the counter like the Hammers last week.

Either way we gave too much fire power up front and with the midfield starting to link up well with the fab 3 there is only one outcome. Sorry Rafa.
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #45: Feb 28, 2018 07:30:08 pm
      Is this the same Defensive shut out as demonstrated against Bournemouth last weekend when they were 2-0 up??

Never been a team that can guarantee a shut out at any time. So gawd knows what your waffling on about. And you must have noticed that what happens in one game is not a guide to the next.

Quick Reply