Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre-Match: Man United V Liverpool (10/03/18 - 12:30)

Read 15726 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man United V Liverpool (10/03/18 - 12:30)
      Reply #92: Mar 09, 2018 12:55:35 pm
      God i hate these matches, so nervous and tense, can't think straight at the best of times but this gets me every time, my inner pessimist is in charge today

Not pessimistic, but not sleeping much either. Thinking during the night and wondering if Klopp might surprise us all and do something like this:

NB: Team no longer available

Start with Mane on the bench? Basically another midfielder to guard against the counter and provide more angles to break down the United logjam.

Any chance of it?

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #93: Mar 09, 2018 01:21:37 pm
                           Karius
      Arnold - Lovren - V. Dijk - Robbo
                     Hendo - Can
                          Oxlade
             Salah - Firmino - Mane

Think Lovren or Dijk to score the winner.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #94: Mar 09, 2018 01:59:30 pm
      I’m freaking mental about this game already.

Alarm on phone set to 4:45 to get to 11th Street bar in time.

We know Mo’s defense is going to be stout. 

I think our front three can shred them apart as long as they are given the opportunity.

Midfield will Obviously be the key.

I’d like to see Can, Hendo and , Gino.  All ball winners.  Be in and press the fook out of them.

2-0 us
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #95: Mar 09, 2018 02:04:46 pm
      In all honesty, we should batter them. Jose is going to park the bus and let us have the ball. We've shown we are better at breaking down the anti-footballing sides and we will do it again. Once we get the first goal, they'll have to play and then we'll tear them up. It doesn't get much bigger than this. 2nd place on the line against the scum. Get it done fellas.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #96: Mar 09, 2018 02:57:15 pm
      In all honesty, we should batter them. Jose is going to park the bus and let us have the ball. We've shown we are better at breaking down the anti-footballing sides and we will do it again. Once we get the first goal, they'll have to play and then we'll tear them up. It doesn't get much bigger than this. 2nd place on the line against the scum. Get it done fellas.

I think there's a slight air of an inferiority complex from us when we come face to face with the Mancs. Despite Mourinho's park the bus antics you still would have expected better from us in recent games against them with maybe some of our players showing too much respect/'believing the hype' that has followed the likes of Pogba and Mourinho around in recent years. It's not just gullible fans who fall for a great marketing and commercial strategy, opposition players can too. Heck - Man Utd could make Fred West look like Nelson Mandela such is their ability to propagate crap. The reality is we've got nothing to fear.

We not only have a better manager in the dugout but players like Salah, Bobby, Mane, VVD and a few more who I wouldn't swap for any of theirs. Time to prove that tomorrow.
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2018 03:02:12 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #97: Mar 09, 2018 03:02:39 pm

I’d like to see Can, Hendo and , Gino.  All ball winners.  Be in and press the fook out of them.

2-0 us
      This is why I think Oxlade-Chamberlain is a must, he is direct, we saw it last game, he runs at their defence bringing them towards him, leaving space for the front three... I think we need that against a defensive team like the Mancs.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #98: Mar 09, 2018 03:25:04 pm
      Not pessimistic, but not sleeping much either. Thinking during the night and wondering if Klopp might surprise us all and do something like this:

NB: Team no longer available

Start with Mane on the bench? Basically another midfielder to guard against the counter and provide more angles to break down the United logjam.

Any chance of it?
      no. We won't be playing a diamond or Benching Mane.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #99: Mar 09, 2018 03:51:58 pm
      Mourinho is the master at stifling attacking teams, isn't he? Has done it over the years and I don't think he'll change vs us. I just can't see our attacking players having many chances, and if they do get 1 or 2, they need to be clinical!

Now that they have Sanchez, I think they are more deadly on the counter, so I'd like to see a 2nd midfielder playing deeper and more disciplined than usual. I think the midfield will determine whether we concede or not, they need to be at their absolute best for 90 mins.

It's also gonna be interesting to see VVD vs Lukaku, Lukaku has pretty much been talking all week at how he has made it and is the main man.

beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #100: Mar 09, 2018 04:01:05 pm
      If mourinho doesn’t park the bus we’ll slaughter them? And he f***in knows it so expect a boring game
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,813 posts | 471 
      Reply #101: Mar 09, 2018 04:21:59 pm

I think our front three can shred them apart as long as they are given the opportunity.

2-0 us

How is that place for games? I live in Jersey and have always wanted to go just once.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #102: Mar 09, 2018 04:46:36 pm

As much as i dislike maureen his teams have the knack of grinding out wins when in matters, don't share the confidence on here
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #103: Mar 09, 2018 04:54:00 pm
      We’re going to hammer them 0-0
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #104: Mar 09, 2018 04:54:38 pm
      Love these games. Depends on Maureen's tactics but as others have said, if we can get the first goal then they have to come out and play. Also they will probably have Seville on their minds, hopefully.

C'mon you Redmen let's do this.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #105: Mar 09, 2018 05:04:13 pm
      Can just see them spawning a Rooney esk or Spurs esk result.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #106: Mar 09, 2018 05:12:57 pm
      As much as i dislike maureen his teams have the knack of grinding out wins when in matters, don't share the confidence on here

I hear you - while not pessimistic I'm not optimistic either. Feel 50/50 - believe in our team at the moment is as strong as it's been for a while but historically our performances at Old Trafford have simply not been up to standard. It really is time we start showing our worth there once again and I'll be disappointed if we can't do that tomorrow.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #107: Mar 09, 2018 05:13:39 pm
      Bit apprehensive myself not because I think they are better but the results they sneak in and DeGea probably having a blinder . Heart says win head says draw
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #108: Mar 09, 2018 05:13:54 pm
      We should be too much for them. Since we've came back from our little training holiday, we've upped our steel and determination. We know how to deal with teams who sit back and we can create space out of nothing.

I can't see the crowd affecting our players as we're totally focussed now. The final stages of the season have begun and we're in the zone.

Klopp has got our players relishing games like this.

If we take this mentality into tomorrow's game, we'll win.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #109: Mar 09, 2018 07:39:33 pm

2-0 us

Jesus that's early,F**k knows how they do the games on the west coast.Don't forget to take as few cans of food to the 11 street for their food drive tomorrow.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #110: Mar 09, 2018 08:03:11 pm
      Karius

TAA
      Lovren
      VVD
      Robbo

Can
      Gini/Milner
      Ox

Lallana
      Ings
      Solanke

I like that for the first half ... then bring on the front row firepower for the second 45.

I have had my Prediction League on for a draw all week but do you know what ?

F**k it .... go with my heart.

0-2  to us.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2018 11:57:50 pm by MIRO »
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #111: Mar 09, 2018 08:56:45 pm
      Still think the referee will be the deciding factor tomorrow.
      If he let's the game flow, keeps his head and doesn't lose it whilst we just play the way we can we'll win the battle.
      I remember Sami Hypia getting sent off after 4 minutes there once and that was the end of that !!
      I remember Stevie G getting sent off aswell one year.
      I'm hearing Fellaini is available so If he's on the pitch I hope the ref keeps tabs on his elbows coz he's a dirty lanky tw*t.
      As is that other tw*t Herrera and Carrick can go studs up as well.

It'll be a bloody battle alright so I'm hoping the likes of Can takes his F***ing swan lake ballet shoes off and puts his
      16 hole Dr Martins on.
      I don't have an issue with James Duracell Milner coz I know he'll dish a few bruises out as will Robertson the Bruce.
      We HAVE to throw everything we've got at this lot tomorrow and go the full 12 rounds.

Weather forecast is heavy rain so a slippy pitch with a few late tackles probably so Lovren/Matip have to get that interception bang on.

Let's not forget they have a mega important CL game on Tuesday and they'll need to turn up then aswell otherwise they're out !

Wonder if he'll start with Sanchez or put Martial on Trent down our right instead..?
      Will the moaning one play the long ball game up to Fellaini and Lukaku?

A Man U fan said to me today that their pitch is wider than ours and that will be the difference? WTF :roll:

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #112: Mar 09, 2018 08:58:03 pm
      It depends if they come out to play they`re 2 points on us hes happy with a draw ,we score early and its game on I could see us taking 2 or 3, the  big calls Hendo or Ox
      Harrisimo

• 8,284 posts | 1398 
      Reply #113: Mar 09, 2018 09:25:34 pm
      Sky have hyped up so much that if it isn't a 7 goal thriller I'll sue them..

An early goal will do the trick..I'm backing us to outscore them

My confidence rating...7/10.........going on 8..
      Harrisimo

• 8,284 posts | 1398 
      Reply #114: Mar 09, 2018 09:49:22 pm
      God i hate these matches, so nervous and tense, can't think straight at the best of times but this gets me every time, my inner pessimist is in charge today

Love these games, bigger the better. None bigger than this in the league. May the best team win....but we know that isn't always the case. Just hope the Ref doesn't try and get in on the action.

We're up for it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Klopp go for it with Mane,Firmino,Salah and Alex going at them with Can and Hendo in there. Key players: Salah,Robbo Karius...

Quick Reply